Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Too bad Stranger... you don't know what you're missing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm

So I was thinking... With 2008 behind us, why don't we all list our best of 2008. Whatever you want. Movies, Games, Music, anything.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:18 pm

That sounds like a good idea.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks Bio. That sounds like a terrific idea. I'll do it soon.

@Notte: I dunnoooo...It sounds like total cheese to me...

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:16 pm

My best of 2008!

Music: The album "Rio" by Duran Duran. I only listened to it this year and I'm entranced. I wish I could've been there when it hit the world. xd But for this year specifically, I really loved "Still Alive" from Mirror's Edge.

Movie: THE DARK KNIGHT. *waits for Bio to freak out* Just kiddin'! razz Good movie though. However, I really enjoyed Tropic Thunder. It was just too funny. And also, Bangkok Dangerous was awesome. Really sad at the end, too. crying I think that ending was the clincher for me.

Game: Gawd, that's tough. Mirror's Edge was really good... but it was short. Uncharted was really good, but that was from last ye-- er, 2007. I'm gonna say, then... Well, Mirror's Edge. Pardon the pun, but it brought the FPA (first person adventure) genre forward by leaps and bounds (yes Notte, I just made that pun on MSN. xd ) Here's to hoping the sequel is longer...

Favorite TV show: Either Heroes or Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Closely followed by My Own Worst Enemy!

Can't think of many other favorites right now. @_@
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Here are my picks

Movie - Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
Mythological mayhem strikes, while fun times ensue. What more can I say? Love the story, love the action, love the look, love the cast, love the director, love...EVERYTHING!!!
Honorable Mentions:
- The Dark Knight: Yes, I'm (so) serious.
- Wall E: Pixar has never disappointed me. Never.
- Tropic Thunder: Take a step back and F*** YOUR OWN FACE if you don't like this movie.
- My Name is Bruce: Of course ha ha.

Music - "Let it Rock" Kevin Rudolf
I don't dig on entire albums, so I do it by songs, and nothing entertained me in car rides to work more the Kevin Rudolf's smash hit single.

Game: I can only pick for the Wii cry so I'll just have to say BRAWL!!!!! I don't care what anyone says. It entertained me for a long a** time. So back the F*** UP. Also, No More Heroes was a blast.

I guess that's all I really want to share.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Okay, since it was my idea, might as well do one myself:

Music..

Best Album: L.A.X. by The Game. That's Hip Hop at its finest, right there.
Best Movie Soundtrack: I would have to say Pride and Glory. If nothing else, for the song at the very end. That blew me away.
Best Game Soundtrack: Silent Hill: Homecoming

Movies...

Best Action: Death Race
Best Comedy: Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Best Drama: This one's tough... It's a tie between "Street Kings" and "Pride and Glory"
Best Horror: None - I haven't watched a single horror movie this that came out in 08, and I've had no desire to. But for the sake of default, the award goes to "Zombie Strippers".
Best Animated: Bolt
Movie of the Year - This one's easy. By far. Rambo.

Games...

Best Action Adventure: Metal Geat Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Best RPG: Fallout 3
Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Best Platformer: LittleBIGPlanet
Best Downloadable Game: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
'Bushnell's Law' Award (Most Fun): Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Biggest Disappointment: Dead Space
Game of the Year: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

There were a couple of low level horror movies that came out this year that were pretty good, such as Splinter and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. I think you should invest some time in Horror 08. I hope your not joking with Zombie Strippers, because I liked that movie ha ha. And amen to Rambo, brother.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Like I said, I haven't actually seen Zombie Strippers, but it's got Strippers, Zombies and Robert Englund, I don't see how it can go wrong.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Music: Disturbed- Indestructible
I don't know why, I just really like this album.

TV series- It's not a 2008 series, but it ended in 2008. The Shield. The last episode left me wanting more.
As for a series that came out in 2008, there really hasn't been any good ones, in my opinion. The best one that I watched, was Sons of Anarchy.

Movies: Movie of the Year: Ironman.
Runners-up: The Dark Knight.
Street Kings.
Tropic Thunder.

Games: This year has been tough, game wise. So many great games came out, I played a alot of them. Game of the Year, is one I haven't played personally, but I watched a friend play it all the way through. It is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Partriots
Here are a list of other games you should check out though:
Army Of Two (It's obvious with my name)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Battlefield: Bad Company
Grand Theft Auto IV
Saints Row 2

Elliot Salem

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Hrm... I guess I'll give it a go, though I'm not a huge member like some of you guys. Mind you, this is all my own opinion. :B

Best Movie (In Theatre's): Dark Knight
- Now before you people start bitching, I barely saw any movies in the threatre this year, especially one's that I actually wanted to see. This one would probably be going to Hellboy 2 if it wasn't for the fact that I have yet to see it at all. :
Best Movie (DVD): Eagle Eye
-HOLY CRAP. I got to see this thriller at the New Year's Eve party a buddy was throwing, and lemme tell ya it is an excellent movie. Great action and performances, great stunts, had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. Go see it!
Best Book: "You Suck" by Christopher Moore
-I doubt the book came out this year, but I'm reading it this year and it's absolutely hilarious. If you love vampires, but hate Twilight, this book is definitely for you. A vampire love story, "You Suck" certainly puts being a vampire into perspective.
Best Game: Mirror's Edge
-Being on a very limited budget this year, a lot of the new games I got to play were because my fiance's ex-roomate has an Xbox 360. Pining for the game since I found out of it's development, I begged him into renting it, and may I just say-it did not disappoint. I really think this game will innovate the first person game. The story was short, the controls sometimes buggy, I'm hoping that the sequel will certainly become a landmark in first-person games.
Best Song: "Still Alive" from Mirror's Edge
- While there were many catchy songs this year, nothing hit me quite the way it did like the song that shares a name with Portal. Sorry Coldplay, but Viva la Viva isn't exactly what I consider a hit single. Though the remixes left some to be desired, the original song is something I find listening to on my mp3 player every time it's on.

And I guess that's it for the moment.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:27 pm

@Elliot: Disturbed is my second favorite band, but Indestructible didn't deliver like their previous three albums. Only my opinion though. I hope they can give us something better next time.

I want to change a couple of mine, now that I can give it more thought.

Best Music - The No More Heros OST
The music in that game is as insane as the game itself!

Best Video Game - Grand Theft Auto IV
I got to play it once at my friends house and it was way more addicting then Brawl. Once I get a PS3, that will be the first game I get for it (Along with MGS4 and RE5)

King of Paradise

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Stranger to Paradise
@Elliot: Disturbed is my second favorite band, but Indestructible didn't deliver like their previous three albums. Only my opinion though. I hope they can give us something better next time.

I want to change a couple of mine, now that I can give it more thought.

Best Music - The No More Heros OST
The music in that game is as insane as the game itself!

Best Video Game - Grand Theft Auto IV
I got to play it once at my friends house and it was way more addicting then Brawl. Once I get a PS3, that will be the first game I get for it (Along with MGS4 and RE5)

They didn't deliver like their previous albums, is true, but in my opinion, it was better than most of the crap 2008 gave us.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 am

The biggest problem I have with Mirror's Edge is just that. People are saying it's gonna innovate first person games, but I'm so sick of first person games, that if they're innovated, we'd only have to expect another slew of Mirror's Edge clones, which means another pile of first person games, and frankly, I just wish this first person trend died out already.
I liked it better when the market was flooded with RPGs.

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:33 am

Hey I want to share somethign with everyone. There's this cool gmae called the akinator. It's where you think of a character, then he asks you questions, and then based off of those questions he should be able to guess who this character is.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games