Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:36 am
Oh man, Angela.. .I remember Sam Goody. I got my Sailor Moon keyring from there, among other stuff, including the American soundtrack from the first and second seasons... Man those songs are cheezy but I still really like them.

That sucks... Circut City?? I love that store. *pouts*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:33 pm
Here's to hoping that at least the Canadian locations will remain open. Where else am I supposed to get all my crazy wire converters?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm
Sam Goody is where I bought FFVII-IX. D: And I believe I got 007: Everything or Nothing there, too. They had some sweet stuff!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:44 pm
Even more bad news today.

My mom informed me that Goody's, a clothing store that we used to shop at is closing as well. When I went to Circuit City the other day, there was one right by (me and my mom's favorite location), and I noticed "everything must go" signs, but I thought they were just closing that location. They had just finished building one near where I live early last year! sad

Bio: The internets. razz

Notte and Canas: The early 2000's was definitely Sam Goody's golden years.

Notte: One of my most favorite Sailor Moon items I got from there was this poster (not my photo). It's the most awesome poster I'll ever own, yet I've never had the chance to hang it. I've been wanting a frame for it for years. crying  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 pm
Wow... I never thought it could happen. But I think Persona 3 just pushed its way into my #1 favorite JRPG spot.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:42 pm
Well I must say... I'm having like the time of a lifetime. Im with amazing people, drinking good drinks, talking about how great Resident Evil used to be... I'm a happy woman, and it's been a while since I've been this at home with people.

Just putting that out there. Plus I'm using my new Acer Aspire One, which is the cutest little laptop EVER. heart  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:14 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Wow... I never thought it could happen. But I think Persona 3 just pushed its way into my #1 favorite JRPG spot.

You went for 3 instead of 4? I know 3 got good reviews, but 4's were even better because they fixed a lot of 3's flaws like repetitive dungeons. When I was watching my husband play it, I liked the look of the dungeon, but it got so boring after a while, that I wasn't interested in trying it anymore. sweatdrop After seeing all the good reviews for the fourth, I decided to jump into the series and I love it so far. 3nodding

I downloaded a rom for the first, Revelations, months ago (around the time we discussed Survivor) but I've barely played it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:25 am
YEAH, WOO-HOO! .....

..... here's hoping Walmart goes out of business too. cheese_whine  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:23 am
Thee Stranger
YEAH, WOO-HOO! .....

Don't forget Gamestop/EB Games. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:18 am
You poor bastards. Over here where I live you can buy a bootlegged copy cheaper than the original price. However to do that you have to buy the service that makes your game consle be able to play any game from Japanese to English. I say thisi s bad because there has to be a certain way you open it and put the CD in. I once did this and I had forgot the special way, and on top of that I gforgot to tel lthem to write the instructions in english. once you mess up it messes up the entire system without possibility of being fixed, so yeah....However, the investment of cheaper prices and being able to play any language game is worth it, jsut don't messs up on that special opening the game thingy.

Edit: So can someone just sum up what a guido is? That way I cn actually start?  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:04 am
AngelaAshford
You went for 3 instead of 4? I know 3 got good reviews, but 4's were even better because they fixed a lot of 3's flaws like repetitive dungeons. When I was watching my husband play it, I liked the look of the dungeon, but it got so boring after a while, that I wasn't interested in trying it anymore. sweatdrop After seeing all the good reviews for the fourth, I decided to jump into the series and I love it so far. 3nodding

I downloaded a rom for the first, Revelations, months ago (around the time we discussed Survivor) but I've barely played it. sweatdrop

You don't start off with the better one. 3 is still amazing. And if I started with 4, 3 wouldn't seem as good in comparison if I played it afterwards, which means less games to play for me.

Besides, I hardly visit the dungeons, I just get enough training done in one session that I only have to visit them like 2 or 3 times a month. So repetitiveness doesn't bother me one bit.

Still, I have a feeling that even after playing 4, 3 is gonna remain my favorite. You know, the law of firsts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 am
AngelaAshford
Thee Stranger
YEAH, WOO-HOO! .....

But my GameStop is good to me! D: They know me by name. xd They're really nice and they have a sweet deal this weekend: 20% off all used PS3 games, limit 3. So I was gonna return three current-gen games I don't play anymore and get $10 extra trade-in credit on top of my 10% with my Edge card and get MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and Resistance, which are all actually 30% off with my card so it'd be like, $77 instead of $107. Plus, my neighbor owes me $30 for walking her dogs six times and she should be over with that any minute, so either today or tomorrow I'm going to the mall (my older brother has a hockey game at college today, so I can't go right now). Thing is, I don't think my parents wanna go to the mall. And I'm one year shy of buying M games on my own. D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:55 pm
Oh yeah right, like Wal Mart is every going to go out of business. If anything, Wal Mart will be the last one standing.
Stupid Wal Mart. I call them Mall Wart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 pm
I know they never will. Did you hear they're trying to open up banks now? Walmart banks? Soon, they'll own everything. They'll own your goddamn house. They're an evil, faceless corporation bent on world domination. It'll be just like Umbrella, only Walmart. eek

AngelaAshford

Why would you want them to go out of business...?

Alkaizer87
You poor bastards. Over here where I live you can buy a bootlegged copy cheaper than the original price.

Where are you from?  

Thee Stranger

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:35 pm
The only thing Walmart is good for is helping us cheaply prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games