Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm
Just looking at some of the past memes that one of the LJ sites I have saved has done. That's why there's the above filled out memes, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am
[1] - List your top 10 celebrity crushes.
[2] - Put all of them IN ORDER of your lust for them. (1 to 10, 1 being my number one fixation)
[3] - Say which movie/show/thing it was that hooked you.
[4] - Supply photos for said people.
[5] - Tag five people!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
1. Johnny Depp
For anyone who knows me - especially those in real life, it will come as no surprise that this fabulous, handsome, talented man would be #1 on my list. To be honest, I don't remember what the first thing I saw him in was. I want to say Edward Scissorhands, but it is likely I didn't actually see it until after I saw Pirates of the Caribbean. That just shows you how long I've had a celebrity crush on Depp - which isn't too surprising when he was my first official celebrity crush.

2. Benedict Cumberbatch
For those here in Why Not and have been following my ramblings, then it'll come no surprise that Benedict (on the left of picture) would be one of the top crushes on my list. I first discovered him through BBC Sherlock, which was introduced to me by my professor Wendy. From there, I immersed myself into more of his works and continued to grow more of a fan as time passed.

3. Robert Downey Jr.
Robert is a fairly new celebrity crush of mine. I first started crushing over him when I saw him in Iron Man, and it increased even more so when Sherlock Holmes (2009) came out.

4. Jude Law
When I originally listed out my celebrity crushes, I only came up with six. It took me awhile to think up of four more to complete the required ten names; Jude Law is one of them. I first started noticing Jude when he appeared in my favorite movie The Holiday, and then stood out even more so when he played Dr. John Watson in Sherlock Holmes (2009). A sweet, charming guy with talent... and blue eyes; blues eyes are like kryptonite for me.

5. Zachary Quinto
Superpowered serial killer or logical Vulcan science officer? It doesn't matter what form he is incarnated as, I'll take Zachary Quinto any way. If you didn't figure it out by the first sentence, I first learned about Zachary through NBC Heroes and then followed his acting career over to the latest Star Trek film. Whether it's the bad boy figure, the enchanting voice, or something else, there is definitely something about Zachary that's caught my eye.

6. Alan Rickman
Whether you are crushing on him or just a fan of his work, there's no denying that there's something about Alan that captures your heart. For me, it's both. The Harry Potter series was the main source of introducing him to my life, then I followed his acting career into other productions he was part of after that (and viewing some of his older productions as well).

7. William Fitchner
While I had known/seen some of his past works, it wasn't until William (pictured on the far left) played the role of Sheriff Tom Underlay in the short lived TV series Invasion that he became a visible crush target on my radar. I then followed him over into the Prison Break series and into other productions he starred in. Remember how I said earlier that blue eyes are my kryptonite - well, he's a prime example.

8. Hugh Jackman
Similar to some of the other actors listed, I've probably seen productions that Hugh starred in before but it was his role as Wolverine in X-Men that brought him to my attention.

9. Geoffrey Rush
I can easily tell you what got me into Geoffrey Rush - his character Captain Hector Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, even when Barbossa was the villain in the first film, he was my favorite character. And in case you are wondering - I choose Barbossa over Sparrow.

10. Colin Firth
To be completely honest, I have no idea what was the first production that introduced me to Colin Firth. And no, it was not Pride and Prejudice; I didn't get around to watching that until years after I had already known who he was. In fact, I watched Lost in Austen before watching either of the Pride and Prejudice films ((Colin Firth version and Keira Knightley version)).

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 am
Answer all questions. Tag five people you want to do this meme, too.

Pick the character(s) that resemble you most (up to three; not your outer appearance). What do you have in common?

- Sailor Venus, from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
I should immediately state that I view myself more like the manga and live-action version of Venus, and not the ditzy self as portrayed in the anime version. We both have excellent leadership skills but we don't always like being in the limelight all the time; we don't mind letting others take the lead. We've both experienced a hard past and dealt with heartbreak. Finally, we both have dreams of doing something with our lives that dwells in the creative/fame realm (she wants to be a singer; I want to be an author).

- Sherlock Holmes, from Sherlock Holmes franchise
Observant, intelligent, moody, reserved but has a unique way of gaining people's trust and learning a lot about them, cares a lot about those who hold a special place in our hearts... I'm sure I could go on, but you get the idea.

- Iris Simpkins, from The Holiday
We both are in the writing realm. We both fell in love with a guy and stayed true to the crush for a long time, only to be surprised by an engagement to another woman resulting in heartbreak. Acts "more like the best friend than the leading lady".

Do you like or dislike these characters? Why/Why not?

I love all of the characters, because I identify so well with them. In some ways, I've been able to learn more about myself through them.

Which of your characters thinks the most similar about the following things, and what is it?

- killing
Sailor Venus is the more likely one to actually kill someone or something, especially the minions that the villains send out. But it's not for murderous reasons, she's just wanting to protect the world from evil.

- family (including having children of his/her own/ partner)
Iris, for sure. It's clearly stated in The Holiday by Graham, Iris' brother, that she worries about him since the death of his wife and how she strictly states that she doesn't want Graham driving when he's drunk after hanging out at the pub.

- work attitude
Sherlock is definitely the workaholic of the three. His whole life surrounds his work... and if there's no work for him to do, you are most likely to find him sulking on the couch in a moody silence.

- stuffed animals
Venus - in her civilian form.

- friends
Venus - she's basically the leader or sub-leader of a big group of friends. Of course, she's going to have the strongest feelings about friends of the three characters mentioned.

Who would show the most similar reaction? What would it be?

- getting insulted by somebody
Sherlock Holmes. With his observant skills and how bluntly honest he is, it's not a surprise. In BBC Sherlock, they discuss the matter several times throughout the series.

John: "That... was amazing."
Sherlock: "Do you think so?"
John: "Of course it was. It was extraordinary. It was quite extraordinary.
Sherlock: "That's not what people normally say."
John: "Who do people normally say?"
Sherlock: "Piss off."

- somebody hurts his/her friends
Sailor Venus. She would confront the person and make them apologize... or if it's a villain, take revenge on them by attacking them with a Venus powered, magical attack.

- somebody confesses his/her love to him/her
Iris. If you've seen The Holiday, you know what happens with Iris... and you'll know what her reaction is like.

- a random pink elephant appears.
Probably either Venus or Sherlock (when he's using drugs). Venus would probably view as being a trick by a villain. Sherlock would probably think it's some clue to a case he's working on.

- something really bad he/she can't do anything about happens
Venus and Sherlock. Venus would feel bad, that she let herself, her friends and the world down from protecting them from harm. Sherlock would probably have a brief - very brief - moment of guilt before moving on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:14 am
I like this picture. :)

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am
As much as I would love to continue doing things, sleep is starting to catch up to me... and I still have school to go to. So, I'm heading off to bed, so I can get at least some sleep and be able to function tomorrow. Especially since I'm going to be working hard to finish all of the homework assignments I still need to complete. So TTFN!

User Image User Image User Image

#f51379
#a51cba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:23 am
Good morning everyone.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am
One of my classmates... and a semi-crush... appeared in my dreams. It was interesting that he appeared in it now, rather than when the sparks were first appearing. *shrugs* Maybe it's because of the recent discussions that I've been listening to. I don't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am
Just watched Katy Perry's E.T. music video. I like it... well, other than the Kanye West parts; he sort of ruins it with the random interjections.

I like it so much that I'm considering the alien idea as a potential Halloween costume. *shrugs* Still a bit early to be thinking about Halloween, I know... but it's just an idea. Even if it's not for Halloween, maybe for a future costume/cosplay/etc.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 am
I love how my online friend JoEllen Elam's picture always come up when I'm searching for something on dA, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:05 am
Off to take a shower.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 am
I'm back for brief period of time before I have to leave to eat lunch and head to class.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 am
User Image

Stupid hair. It took me at least four different attempts to put my hair up today. *rolls eyes* I hate days like these when my hair decides to be stubborn and won't do what I want it to do.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am
Well, I'm heading off. Talk to you later.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:34 pm
Good afternoon everyone.

I just finished working on my Powerpoint presentation for my Suspense Thriller class... and through it I discovered that there's a remake of the film "The Haunting" that I want to see now. I'm going to be showing the trailer for that version, since it addresses the various topics that I plan on covering, lol.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 pm
Now to work on Paper #2 for my 20th/21st C. Lit. class...

Oh please, God! Let me get a better grade on this paper than my "non-existent" one.

User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games