Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello, I'm a Noob and I like Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:39 am
Speaking of noobs, me & my boyfriend were watching X-Play yesterday, and one guy called in saying he couldn't wait for RE5 and that "its gonna be Survival Horror at its finest". I was like, "There's nothing Survival Horror about it." and my boyfriend agrees. He likes SUrvival Horror just as much as I do. What was funnier was that Adam & Morgan, being the noobs that they are, agreed with everything the caller was saying.

Yea, this is why I don't watch X-Play anymore. They don't really know what they're talking about and it just seems like they like anything that's really popular. stare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:50 pm
Video Game industry is going to hell just like the music industry did... I mean, it's like saying 50 Cent is rap at its finest. Which, so many white 14 year old kids would.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:34 pm
Are you guys even gonna play RE5...? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:53 pm
Thee Stranger
Are you guys even gonna play RE5...?
I'm not even gonna read up on it. I'm avoiding this game like the plague... Of course, that makes sense in itself, I'm avoiding Plagas like the plague, you could say. Either way, no, I'm not even a little bit interested in this game's storyline, so I'm not gonna bother with it at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:00 pm
Bio, a question:

Highly doubtful, but what if they decide to make a Resident Evil 6 and return it to it's survival horror/zombie static cam format? Would you be interested to return to the series then? If so, what would you do if you needed to know what happened in 5 to figure out whats happening in 6?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm
Vankala
Speaking of noobs, me & my boyfriend were watching X-Play yesterday, and one guy called in saying he couldn't wait for RE5 and that "its gonna be Survival Horror at its finest". I was like, "There's nothing Survival Horror about it." and my boyfriend agrees. He likes SUrvival Horror just as much as I do. What was funnier was that Adam & Morgan, being the noobs that they are, agreed with everything the caller was saying.

Yea, this is why I don't watch X-Play anymore. They don't really know what they're talking about and it just seems like they like anything that's really popular. stare

User Image

That's G4 for you. neutral  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Bio, a question:

Highly doubtful, but what if they decide to make a Resident Evil 6 and return it to it's survival horror/zombie static cam format? Would you be interested to return to the series then? If so, what would you do if you needed to know what happened in 5 to figure out whats happening in 6?

No, I simply refuse to take what's been introduced in RE4 into the storyline. RE5 is a simple byproduct of that. But I don't acknowledge the existence of Las Plagas or the entire Los Illuminados incident into my version of the RE canon.
The only way I'd go back to play RE games is if Capcom completely restarted the canon, Tomb Raider style. That, or created another branch of the canon like the Metal Gear Aci!d games, a Branch that happens, say, after RE3, and goes into a completely different, more Umbrella, Zombie, conspiracy oriented direction.

The storyline was by far the biggest factor of why I denounced Resident Evil. I could've let the over the shoulder go. And new enemies, if they were a bit more thought out. Not just, "It's an ancient parasite that grows into a gigantic spider like creature which is super fast and completely stable, and that's just how it is." I mean, imagine if the new enemy in Resident Evil was something like the parasite in Cold Fear but without the Alien Factor. I mean, that game's enemies were what RE4 should've been. They were zombie-like, but ridiculously fast and could use weapons. Those guys were genuinely scary, and a lot more believable.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:18 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Video Game industry is going to hell just like the music industry did... I mean, it's like saying 50 Cent is rap at its finest. Which, so many white 14 year old kids would.

LOL I miss you Bio! xp  

REaceofclubs

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Stranger to Paradise
Bio, a question:

No, I simply refuse to take what's been introduced in RE4 into the storyline. RE5 is a simple byproduct of that. But I don't acknowledge the existence of Las Plagas or the entire Los Illuminados incident into my version of the RE canon.
The only way I'd go back to play RE games is if Capcom completely restarted the canon, Tomb Raider style. That, or created another branch of the canon like the Metal Gear Aci!d games, a Branch that happens, say, after RE3, and goes into a completely different, more Umbrella, Zombie, conspiracy oriented direction.

The storyline was by far the biggest factor of why I denounced Resident Evil. I could've let the over the shoulder go. And new enemies, if they were a bit more thought out. Not just, "It's an ancient parasite that grows into a gigantic spider like creature which is super fast and completely stable, and that's just how it is." I mean, imagine if the new enemy in Resident Evil was something like the parasite in Cold Fear but without the Alien Factor. I mean, that game's enemies were what RE4 should've been. They were zombie-like, but ridiculously fast and could use weapons. Those guys were genuinely scary, and a lot more believable.
Not happening copy write thingy...I suck at spelling....then again ideas can't be copyrighted....how do I do that? I think ofthe word and misspell it and then when I don't think of it I spell it right....anyways, I think bio would be satified as he said. They would have to create a game that would start from where RE3 left off, and nothign in the game can acknowledge that the RE4 canon was ever created. static cams back, faster zombies to make it a bit scarier, also take out leon, he's nothing but apretty boy they put into the gme to bring in the stupid fangirls. and if there is a second person make an npc that you can't control, that way it's a bit scarier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:01 pm
What about copyright?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:06 pm
Yeah. They originally told us that the enemies in RE5 were gonna be zombies. Fast zombies, but zombies nonetheless. stare

I'm still curious as to what they're gonna do with it. And I'm still *hoping* that it's going to have more to do with Umbrella, and that they will throw in some of the old RE enemies that we know and love. Seriously, what would a few Hunters or something here and there hurt? A guy can dream... so I'm what you would call cautiously optimistic about RE5.

I hope it will deliver what RE4 lacked in terms of story.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:13 pm
Yeah, but that's the problem. The fact that Chris DOES reference RE4, and that it's linked to it, (and Umbrella Chronicles) at all, is what ultimately turned RE5 off for me. The fact that they didn't change their super human antics doesn't help. I don't mean Wesker, I mean things like Chris laying out a pack of enemies in one punch, and sheva doing her 7 foot jumps, and things that the ordinary human characters are doing that they should not be doing. Realistically, Rocky wouldn't be able to lay a whole pack of people out in a single punch.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:21 pm
@Bio: I can dig that, but it ain't gonna happen, at least, not for a while.

@Alkaizer: Keep Leon IN. You keep on forgetting RE2, were he wasn't some 'Effing pretty boy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but that's the problem. The fact that Chris DOES reference RE4, and that it's linked to it, (and Umbrella Chronicles) at all, is what ultimately turned RE5 off for me.

Wait, what? When did that happen?

Biohazard EXTREME
The fact that they didn't change their super human antics doesn't help. I don't mean Wesker, I mean things like Chris laying out a pack of enemies in one punch, and sheva doing her 7 foot jumps, and things that the ordinary human characters are doing that they should not be doing. Realistically, Rocky wouldn't be able to lay a whole pack of people out in a single punch.

I hear ya there. But realistically, Rocky would have died in the first movie. Seriously, it's hard for me to watch those movies after getting into real boxing for a time. Fighters don't land that many hits in entire prize fights. Then I'm watching those movies again... they never block! Rocky just sits there and lets them pound on his face over and over. He would die. And for theoretical purposes, if he did live, his brain would be total mush. By the time Rocky III came around, the guy would be a drooling vegetable, constantly shitting his pants in a nursing home somewhere, and he'd probably die of bed sores after an orderly forgot to turn him or something. So Rocky is pretty superhuman. He might actually be able to pull it off. xd  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:33 pm
In one of the trailers, they played a clip where Chris says something like, "These creatures resemble the Ganados in the Kennedy report."

Right, so that's even more to the point, that even as unrealistic as Rocky was, he STILL wouldn't lay out a pack of guys with a single punch.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games