Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 am
@xu: Actually, most strangers I meet don't know the difference, so no, Cantos are not regarded as more 'Chinese' than Mandos, because they don't even know there are 'two types', lol. On the other hand, all my friends and stuff know there are two dialects and whatnot, and they're not sure which one id more prominent. I don't think they really care much either, haha... Plus the fact is, me and my best friend, who is Mando, don't ever converse in Chinese, so it's obvious there are different dialects to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am
Mmn, I like telling people they're wrong educating people about this. ;D

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:03 pm
kt_jingle
yup. canto is a dialect. just like teochew and hokkien which i guess most of you don't know. Hokkien is love <3

Oh you know Hokkien? Your family must have come from Fujian. I know Hokkien too, although sadly I can't speak it. For that I blame my parents and grandparents. They couldn't be bothered to teach me how to speak it. But I do understand every single word of Hokkien.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:25 am
I understand most of hakka... is that 'Hokkien', or is it something utterly different? confused It's all so confusing... all I know is hakka is one of the more spoken/known dialects of Hong Kong.  

Chibito7

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:33 pm
Well, Hakka is the generic term for most of the non-Han Chinese who live in the southeastern provinces which include Fujian, Guangdong and Hong Kong. But I think I'm correct in saying that Hakka people themselves have numerous different tongues, and Hokkien is only one of them, just like Cantonese.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 pm
ninja  

xoCrow

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:08 am
Righty. 3nodding

I'm liking your Christmassy outfit, Crow.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 am
B&B dear I must say yours looks a little.. how to say.. overly provocative? xD

Niphz
Crew

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:12 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Tsk tsk Charlie.

Where's your holiday spirit?

P:

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:28 am
I learnt how to solve a rubik's cube ;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:46 am
Ooh, you clever girl. wink blaugh

Lol, indeed. It is in the provocative CHRISTMAS SPIRIT! 4laugh

Some idiot who PMed me randomly ages ago told me that my avatar was wearing too revealing stuff, and that it represented how I dressed in real life. Phhhhhff.  

Chibito7

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hah, lol, idiot.

One of my friends received a PM where it links you to a site with a keylogger D=

=OO

How does one solve a rubik's cube?!

Apart from peeling the stickers off >.<

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:24 pm
      » » [ Sin can solve a Rubik's Cube. 8DD
      She figured out how ages ago.
      -proud-

Though it takes me around 2 minutes to solve it.
      ]

Princess Rhode
Crew

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:43 pm
You figured it out on your own? No waaaay.. surprised // worship // I had a friend teach me.

Um, you make one side with all the edges right, then you make the second slice, then you do the top one? xD I'd right out the sequences but it'd take a while and also it's all things like rur'uruur'u & stuff.. v___v my time is around two and a half minutes. D; it's like.. replacing minesweeper as my logicgamedrug..

@B&B - xD idiot. Not you, that person.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games