Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... Texas Chainsaw Massacre already had a remake, like back in 2006.
And I say "No" to horror remakes. The original Nightmare on Elm Street will NEVER be beaten. If Freddy isn't being played by Robert Englund, then it's not Freddy.

Friday the 13th remake is completely unnecessary too. What's gonna be so different about it? The promiscuous teenagers who die will have modern hair styles and clothing?
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the only decent horror remake made so far. To be honest, is Hollywood actually running out of new movie ideas? Even George Romero's new movies have gone off into the deep end. Diary of the Dead? Please, that movie was so fake and cheesy, Don't know if the poor low budget actors bothered me or the false attempt for a Blair Witch style shaky camera B.S. was it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm
Well, whatever. Good ideas or not, I'm taking a piece of the pie either way.

2008's been great for action movies, though. Iron Man, Death Race, Wanted were all great.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 pm
2009: All I have to say is "Inglorious Basterds". Tarantino can't make a bad movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:29 pm
Well, it's not like every one of his movies is a masterpiece either.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 am
Stranger to Paradise
2. Everything you said about Halloween and it's remake is so true. It hurt to see what he did with it, but quite frankly, I'm excited about the sequel because we know what to expect (Meaning no more disappointments), and if anything, we can enjoy it solely for it's Mikey factor, who, no matter how established, is still a man (Or shall I say, Boogeyman) of pure evil. I don't care if now he's someone to be pitied and not frightened of for his more humanistic nature, cause either way, he's gonna do what he does best: ******** kill people. Hell yeah. If it's still something you can't dig on, then worship the originals like I do as well.

Well, too be honest, I don't really care. The way I look at it is... every single sequel to the original Halloween sucked. Starting with Halloween 2 and the retarded plot twist of Laurie being his sister (which they then added into the remake right off), and then all the crap with the niece, Samhain, blah blah. It just got ridiculous. Sure, they serve as decent entertainment if you want to watch people get hacked up, and I guess you could say the same for the remake, but they certainly aren't good movies. Nothing to get excited about. I'll give Zombie props on the fact that he did try to do something different with it, but it fails horribly, and the best thing about that movie was Malcolm Mcdowell in the blooper reel. xd The first one is a good, classic, dare I say sophisticated(...?) horror flick. And I don't like the new Mikey's killin' style. Leave the brutal maiming s**t to Leatherface. I like the phantom, methodical style. And seriously, how are they gonna make a sequel without it being completely retarded and contrived?

See, in the first one, he was just a killer sociopath who broke out of the insane asylum. He wasn't supernatural, he was just a nutcase. And then you got the little boy constantly talking about the boogeyman, and referring to him as the boogeyman whenever he sees him. Laurie telling him there's no such thing, and then by the time we get to the end, and Loomis unloads into him, and he falls off the balcony, and they look down at his body...

Laurie: "It was the boogeyman."
Loomis: "As a matter of fact, it was."

And then they look back down, and he's gone. The End. Now you're left saying, "Okay, maybe this guy is something a little more than human."

And that was just a creepy-a** ******** ending. He's still out there! He could be anywhere! Under your bed! The boogeyman! It was definitely a movie that kept me awake at night.

But now you got the sequel, and he gets shot in both of his eyes, through his brain, and then he's still alive, swiping his knife blindly, then he gets blown up, along with Loomis. And then they're both back in Halloween 4! lol, so Loomis is supernatural too. And it just gets more and more retarded from there.

Seriously, and it's always the same: Loomis comes to town,

Loomis: "OMG Michael Myers is coming! You have to evacuate the town immediately!"
Police Chief: "Oh Loomis, ya crazy old b*****d. Michael Myers is dead."

Very next scene, Michael Myer kills the entire population. Very next sequel: Loomis comes to town,

Loomis: "OMG Michael Myers is coming! You have to evacuate the town immediately!"
Police Chief: "Oh Loomis, ya crazy senile ol' b*****d. They killed Michael Myers in the last sequel."
Loomis: I'm telling you! He's alive, and he's coming here!
Police Chief: "Aw, whatever. *farts*"

Very next scene, they're all corpses.

Seriously, if you guys see Loomis coming to your town, just GTFO. NOW. RUN!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 am
I actually look forward to seeing the Friday the 13th remake. I don't expect it to be better than the original, but I am curious enough to wanna see it.

I didn't know they were planning a Child's Play remake. Can't say I'm excited about it or not, but the fact that they're apparently bringing Brad Dourif into it is a step in the right direction.

As far as the Nightmare on Elm Street remake....no one can do a better job than Robert Englund. He's a legend, and no one can top that.

Vankala

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:40 pm
giggle for the day XD hope you guys enjoy it too:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Wow zeldagirl...it is creepy how accurate that actually is. eek

Then again, I hate Harry Potter, so this isn't THAT much of a surprise.  

Javanomicron

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:00 pm
So, IGN just posted a little feature called Is Ocarina of Time Overrated?

The verdict is, it's not. But that's not the point. The POINT is that right there, in the article, IGN itself says that Zelda is an Action-RPG! R. P. G.!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:43 pm
While I agree, it's an Action-RPG...

Who cares about IGN? >_>;  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:44 pm
Well, I need SOME point of reference. Some people here in the guild were insisting that Zelda isn't qualified as an RPG, when it totally is.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:54 pm
see i always called zelda an RPG, but then people kept saying that only games like FF are RPGs. i couldn't seem to sway their opinion because apparently it was important to them that i was wrong confused meh i have given up that fight until free candy is offered for victory surprised  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:57 pm
zeldagirl684
see i always called zelda an RPG, but then people kept saying that only games like FF are RPGs. i couldn't seem to sway their opinion because apparently it was important to them that i was wrong confused meh i have given up that fight until free candy is offered for victory surprised
Don't worry. Zelda is an action RPG, like you insisted. Never give up the fight! 3nodding

I mean, you can NAME your character. It's NEVER been Link, it's been ME. If that's not ROLE playing, I don't know what is.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:07 pm
Just want to throw this in, since you are Playing the Role of a character, every game based on a technicality is a RPG. ninja  

Elliot Salem

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:11 pm
~high fives for Bio~ blaugh yay!

i know what you mean because since you can rename link you are therefore ROLE PLAYING as the "hero". blaaaahhhh okay i'm done. i just like giving high fives xp  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games