Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm
So... my dad asked me for some of my music for his iPod. And while I transferred what he wanted, I took the contents of his iPod too.

...Rock, Alternative, New Wave, etc.: the new bonding technique. *cranks up the INXS, Devo, Billy Idol, etc.* xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Yeah, when my mom asks me fr my music, I give her Ice Cube, Chamillionaire, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony... She enjoys it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 pm
I would love to see a mom listening to that. :XP:  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:35 pm
Canas, now your listening to the good stuff: With a rebel yell, she cries mo, mo, MO! Or something like that. And Bio, chickity check yo self, fool. I dislike rap, but Ice Cube and N.W.A. sure did bust out some mad beats, yo.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:13 pm
Canas Renvall
I would love to see a mom listening to that. :XP:
Mind you, we're talking about the same person that can beat me at Mortal Kombat, half the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 pm
Stranger to Paradise
@Thee Stranger: Well, since sequels never tarnish the reputation of the original, I say, why not make 'em? What harm could come from it? Let people who want mindless fodder such as The Shape killing people for pointless reasons get what they want. Plus, sequels help establish a series and shine it's light upon people who may not be familiar with it, so hopefully, they can get into it, and watch the masterpiece that started it all. Same goes for remakes, but with those, you can do something different, creative. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, no? And even from imitation we can sometimes strike gold and get gems such as King Kong or Titanic.

lol, I pretty much agreed with everything... until you mentioned King Kong and Titanic. xd

Okay, King Kong wasn't bad, but I didn't like how they made the chick, like, love King Kong. In the original, I always felt sorry for Kong, but the girl really wanted nothing to do with him, and who could blame her? In the new Peter Jackson one, you got the whole army chasing this thing, and she just comes out to him with her arms spread and s**t, "Oh yes, pick me up, and swing around with me like I'm a frikkin' rag doll all over the city, while fighter planes try to blow you to s**t. I love it; it's beautiful, and so are you, King Kong. Make love to me." In the original, she was doing what she was supposed to be doing: "AHHHHHH!!! HAAAALLLLLPPP!!"

And you don't even want to get me started on Titanic. He's all painting her naked and s**t on the bed, and then the dudes in the future ask her, "So, did you guys...?" she replies, "Oh, no no. Jack had more class than that." And then the very next scene, he's ******** her in the back of a car. Now that's class! And then the stupid s**t with the crystal; the boats frikkin' sinkin', and yet this guy is still trying to chase them and shoot them. And it's just an overall overly-melodramatic s**t-bomb of a movie. No historic value besides everything that was happening around the shitty main storyline, which was pretty much just background.

But you got a point on everything else. Because I do still watch them all for mindless entertainment too. But I like to pretend there was really no sequel to the original Halloween. And I really don't get excited about them either. I wait for video.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm
Ok, I'll admit it, I mentioned Titanic because of it's highest gross factor. Let's try...Scarface and The Blob. Ha ha. I love Peter Jackson's King Kong, and thought it was cool that he changed the story up a little bit to differentiate itself from the original classic.

[EDIT]: After reading your edit, I must agree that sometimes I don't get excited for them and wait for them to come out on video as well. It's what I'll do with H2. But Not Jason. Oh no. Can't wait for tomorrow!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm
They remade Scarface?

I like change as long as it's not stupid. I love John Carpenter's remake of The Thing. It blows the original out of the water.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:14 pm
Amen to the Thing, bro! You heard they're prepping a PREQUEL! A PREQUEL! Not a remake! Woo hoo!

And yes, The Al Pacino version of Scar Face was a remake. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:20 pm
A prequel? For reals? AWESOME! Is it gonna be about the Norwegians? I loved the game, just because. And I love that music. I'll definitely go to see that.

That was another John Carpenter movie with an awesome open ending.

And no s**t, really? I didn't know that. Well... I liked the remake!  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:45 pm
Yes, in fact, I think it is going to be centered on the Norwegians. It will lead right up to the beginning of the remake.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:12 pm
Anybody want to tell me what the world's come to?

Lara Croft is getting boned on both ends. On one end, her movie character is getting deformed maybe to the point where she's not even the same nationality.

However... the game front is looking far gloomier now...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204564.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

*cue thunder and lightning* Why, Squenix... why would you buy Lara...  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 pm
Well, I'm not the one to brag, but I'm just that good to bone her from both ends-... Erm... Ahem... Nevermind...

Yeah, the last thing we need is for Lara Croft to look like every other girl in FF lately. Notice how every female protagonist since Yuna has the exact same face! And heck, some of the male characters have the same face as Yuna too, but let's not get into that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 am
*Groans...* Why does Squeenix feel the need to buy out Eidos? I mean, I know they've worked with each other in the past, but cripes... a total buyout? ... Motherdamn.

And I know I've been real inactive on here, I'm working to change that. I've barely had time to sleep or keep up with friends (including online ones).  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 am
Stranger to Paradise
Yes, in fact, I think it is going to be centered on the Norwegians. It will lead right up to the beginning of the remake.

Really??? The Thing's one of my favorite movies too, so if this is true, I hope they don't screw it up. sweatdrop

@Notte: I was about to message you too asking where you've been? We've missed you!!! *tackles you*

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games