Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:25 am
Indeed. *sigh* I check it every day too, and it just seems there really is nothing to talk about!

This problem must be rectified! 3nodding We can't let the Chatterbox die with the absence of Niph. We've got to keep it going just for her. In her memory. =P

*cough*

I can't think of anything to say. ninja xd

I suppose I could tell you about my day, which was oh-so-fabulously exciting. I couldn't wake up as usual, because I go to bed around 11:30pm, and although this is early for a lotta people, it's late for me because it means I won't get enough sleep. I need like... at least nine hours of proper sleeping, but at least I am a heavy sleeper for the most when I finally drift off. It also takes me about half an hour to about an hour to fall asleep in the first place; kinda runs in the family, and it's really irritating.

Anyway, I didn't do any work last night... god knows why, I just didn't. So I didn't get my psychology homework in on time, but the lesson was all right. We're learning about stress right now. Most people probably don't know, but the second subject I planned on doing at uni was psychology. I would've liked to become a teenage counsellor.

Break time was spent doing the English Literature homework quickly and hurriedly with the help of the Internet. We're studying Chaucer (who's like... the old Shakespeare, lol), and the lesson was the usual. Lunch followed, which was... *frowns* Something chicken... Sesame chicken, that's it. Of course, since it's school food, it probably wasn't proper sesame chicken, but it was edible enough. My school definitely doesn't feed me enough. I may not be a growing girl anymore, but they really need to accommodate my large appetite. Honestly. rolleyes

Once lunch had been swiftly shovelled down, I ran to the computer room to do my history homework, in for the next lesson. Yup, I had left it last minute again, and this teacher isn't the most forgiving one, phff. Anyway, did that for about forty minutes, finally finished it, leapt to registration, and then to history, where I left the right folder in my locker and suffered through the lesson silently, because like I said, she's not one of the teachers who's always in a bright and cheery mood. Although a good teacher and a fun person, she's awful moody... The lesson passed by quickly enough - stuff on Louis XIV of France, if anyone has learnt about him. Stuff he did wrong with... what was it now. Oh yes. The War of Devolution, the Partition Treaty and stuff. Louis was one glorious king.

Last lesson of the day was English Language, but since my favourite teacher of all time has been spending the last four months off school sick (she only returned yesterday), she wasn't too good today and didn't turn up to the lesson. We still don't know what's really wrong with her, but we have an inkling... must be serious. She looked awful, anyway, since she was in school. Poor thing. She is like... my inspiration to do English at uni. So I spent my free period doing that psychology homework; got it done, handed it in, and the school day was over. Only, I had the weekly Young Enterprise meeting to attend till 5:15pm, which completely sucks, because it's not amazingly enjoyable. (For those who don't know what YE is, it's basically a scheme lots of schools in Britain have which enables you to start and run your own company with several other people in your year.

The meeting was just... pointless. The first half an hour, with our Managing Director (MD), made some progress with materials and sales and stuff (we're selling make up bags, which is utterly ironic since I don't own them and I don't do make up). But then she, one of the Sales Directors and both the Finance Directors had to leave for a YE learning course, so we were left along to chat, b***h and basically waste time. Lol. That was relaxed and quite fun really.

Got outta school, and I've just got home. I'm hungry despite having eaten a bunch of grapes and two packs of Walkers bacon flavoured crisps. *sigh* Yes, this is a true flavour (no pun intended) of my real appetite. I hope dinner is soon...

And I have loads of homework. *sighs* All left till the last minute again, as usual. I haven't edited a single magazine article (I run/am head editor of the school magazine, a somewhat ludicrous, tedious and insane job), this month's issue will no doubt be out way late, and... *sinks into chair* I just want to fall down and sleep. I haven't posted in my RPG forum since forever... sorting out this major plot of mine takes the wits outta me because I don't know who to assign to who, and I basically feel like there's no time to do anything!

[/rant]

Hahaha. Okay, that was not meant to be a rant (which belongs in the Rant thread), but it turned into one. xd Apologies. You didn't have to read that. But I'm sure now that someone will pick up a random topic from that long babble, or someone will tell us about their day and then we can get the Chatterbox going again. At least I have done a worthy 'chatterbox' post. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 pm
eek that was a good prediction about someone starting a sub topic.

I was just wondering, it seems that many chinese ladies don't wear make up. I think that's actually pretty cool though. I don't know about in Britian but over here in the u.s. there is a large abundance of make up. rofl  

berryscary1

Alexander Remure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:26 am
.Light will come from angel's tear. . .

Back from semi-hiatus-ing.Cx Moving is too complicated for it's own good.

. . .Dispelling evils of human fear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 am
Lol.

Hm. I don't wear make up myself, but that I think is because of the way I have been brought up and the way my personality just works. I know my best friend, who is Chinese, would happily wear make up had she been brought up in that environment with lots of money to spend. She's the type that enjoys that kinda thing. The other Chinese girls in my year don't use it much either, really. *shrug* Girls? Any input? =P  

Chibito7

Alexander Remure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:33 am
.Evil's flame will rot thy heart. . .

o.o

-just discovered this post style-

And I agree with mini,this really has made a large silencing impact.

. . .But phoenix famed aids a new start.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I don't wear make up.
But I suppose I have to wear a little especially foundation for London Expo May 2k8 =/
Ahh for the sake of cosplay >__________<
So happeh that my friend got me the wa lolita costume from eBay 8"D

` T a p i o c a `

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:28 pm
xd Ahahahahaha! What an... imaginative present! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:46 pm
wa lolita question  

berryscary1

ilovekitty175

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 pm
i don't use any make-up.
and my mom doesn't let me. lol
plus, i don't even feel like putting some make-up on my face.
some of my friends already put make-ups on at school...
and sometime, they ask me, why don't u put make-ups on?
and i was like .... do i have to?
and they were like ... " well, we r in middle school now, we need to put some make-ups on and i think u should get a boyfriend also!"
but i don't feel that. it's too young to have make-ups on and have a boyfriend.
in china, we can't put make ups to school. .... lol
or maybe some parents are too strict to their children, not letting them to put make-ups on.
but in U.S. , i saw a lots of parents doesn't really care how they dress up, put make ups one or even have a boyfriend eek
lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:27 pm
That's the western world for you though. I find in England, the white parents are generally really laid back and don't care what their child gets up to - they can date, they can wear makeup, be a goth or a beck, doesn't matter at all; even be what they wanna be in the future and encourage what their child wants themselves rather than what they expect. However, there are of course still the small exception of some extremely overprotective parents who care very much - like Chinese parents. Most of the Chinese people I know have very overprotective parents who encourage them to work as doctors or lawyers (or some sort of 'high paid job'), won't let them go out, won't let them date, won't let them wear makeup and do 'stupid things'. *shrug* It's what my friends deem the 'Chinese parnets syndrome', lol. It seems prevalent around Chinese families, and my white friends never (and still don't) understand my circumstances when I say I can't go out and why I don't wear makeup (though as I grew older, it became a choice for me not to take too, I could have rebelled).

lovekitty, I wouldn't follow the peer pressure your friends are giving you. *shrug* I mean, if they can't accept that you're the way you are, they aren't your good friends anyway. My advice is to find people who don't push you to do things and be someone you don't want to be. After all, life is short, and having to follow others' lead to be something artificial is a waste of life. Be yourself and enjoy every second. If their gentle pressure does give way to proper peer pressure, just shove them away and find new friends... And if they want to continue putting on makeup and getting boyfriends at this early stage in life (I'm assuming you're around thirteen/fourteen years old?), then that's their choice. Anyway, if they think that makeup is the only way to a guy's heart... then they're completely wrong. =P  

Chibito7

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. berry - Kimono type lolita, find pic in the random pics topic.

ilovekitty - Ahh, peer pressure?! >_____<
Good on ya >_______^)b
Middle school isn't all about make up and boyfriends o______O
It's not even a rule xP

B&B - Yesh, my parents are overprotective D8 They won't let me to the park with my friends.
Wants me to be back home ASAP >______<;;;
And they always mention about going into Uni and get a good job so I can pay for my own stuff xDD
But my parents would LOVE it if I started wearing all the latest fashion, skirts and make up o.O;;;
Cos they think I'm old fashioned >________>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm
` T a p i o c a `
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. berry - Kimono type lolita, find pic in the random pics topic.

ilovekitty - Ahh, peer pressure?! >_____<
Good on ya >_______^)b
Middle school isn't all about make up and boyfriends o______O
It's not even a rule xP

B&B - Yesh, my parents are overprotective D8 They won't let me to the park with my friends.
Wants me to be back home ASAP >______<;;;
And they always mention about going into Uni and get a good job so I can pay for my own stuff xDD
But my parents would LOVE it if I started wearing all the latest fashion, skirts and make up o.O;;;
Cos they think I'm old fashioned >________>

Lol your parents think you're old fashioned? rofl What's the use of wearing the latest skirts and outfits and putting on make up if they don't let you out to be with your friends? There's no point in dressing up pretty just to impress your parents is there?

My parents used to be kinda overprotective and severely limited where I could go and what I could buy but now they don't anymore. I'm forced to work for them of course, but I get paid good money and I can spend it however I want.  

Minielf

berryscary1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm
Parents in the u.s. give there kids a lot of free will but a lot of it is age defined. Many people in middle school probably couldn't wear make-up. Quite often they even let their kids choose a different religion if they want to!!!
As for your friends pressuring you, don't listen to them. I'm certain that you look much better than you ever could with make-up.
As for dating they don't really matter what race or orientation or any such thing. The way i see it is that we are all americans since all americans were at one time or another immigrants.
As for the whole chinese parents thing, I hope that's not completly true crying
My Chinese vocabulary has also increased quite a bit so i can now call you all shagwas. Not that you are shagwas, just that i have the ability to call you shagwas.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Such LONG posts.
I don't have to attention span to read them.
D;

Princess Rhode
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:03 am
*glomps sin*

*laughs* Really now, Sapp? I think MY parents are too old-fashioned, and certainly not the other way around. My parents think I'm too modern, but really, they've got a very conservative daughter... they have no idea what other girls can be like, which irks me sometimes. stressed

I suppose, Mini, that may be not only differences in parents' individual behaviours and backgrounds, but also that fact you're a boy? I can't remember if you're an only child or not - in fact, I don't even know if Sapp is an only child. I'm sure you have a little brother, ne? xd Anyhow, I find my parents have learnt to be more lenient with my brother, who is four years my junior, and is thirteen right now. They let him do things I could never have done at his age, and although this may be down to the fact they have learnt from rearing me first, and because they want to give him the same privileges because I RIGHT NOW am getting them, I do think it's also because he's a boy and they don't worry as much. *shrug* Lol. It's something I have gotten over a long time ago because it's not my brother's fault and my parents just want the best for us, but it still irks me because they don't realise that they should give us privileges at the same age rather than the same time. Even if my brother nags about it they should wait till he's the right age. I would do that for my children, anyway.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games