Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy Roleplay Guild; All That And A Box Of Pocky!

Back to Guilds

Reply Immortal Thief Roleplay
The Immortal Thief Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saku?
She's so cool and brilliant.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
:D She so awesome.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I like her style.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
She's okay.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Erm... not my type.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Yuck. No thanks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Bizarre-love-triange

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:40 am
((Terribly sorry but I'm going on a mental health hiatus, it's rather important....))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:11 am
[Umm... okay? Come back soon, alright?]  

Edaniel
Captain

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:25 am
Far away from the hustle and bustle of life, a woman sat steeped in mediation. She had sought refuge from both the world about her and the intimate group of people whom she allowed to share her company. She sat cross-legged on one of the flattened boulders within the confines of her garden, for once at peace. She loved her garden plot, one she had designated specifically for this purpose. At thirty square feet, it had been difficult to transform from a miserable piece of land into a sanctuary. She had planted the weeping willow trees that stood gaurdians at the outskirts, moving the heavy saplings from miles around. That was some hundred years ago and the saplings had now grown into their glory, sprawling over twenty feet in the air. The drooping branches and leaves formed a natural barrier between the world and her sanctuary.

Within the confines of the trees, it was surprisingly light and airy. There were fountains in each corner that fed the roses, lilies and other flora she had planted. From there, the flowers had blossomed in a myriad of patterns, white and black roses forming the yin and yang symbols. Golden lilies for the sun, pale silver moonblossoms had been fashioned in the crescent of their namesakes. There was even a Celtic star fashioned from green irises. Each symbol held some significance to the woman but their meanings were as hidden as her garden. Those who were even aware of its presence never tread here, she would not allow it.

When on the move, there was an aura about her that gave the impression that more dwelled beneath the surface. Like an iceberg, cool, calm, and collected she bided her time waiting for the casual onlooker to make a mistake and underestimate her. However, steeped in her mediation, the aura had calmed to some semblance of peace. A peace that could evolve into something far more calculating the moment she opened her eyes. She was a tall, however unconventional beauty at five feet nine inches tall. The slim hourglass figure she'd attained through centuries of training was currently being drapped by lovely red-orange kimono. The placid material was sturdy enough to not rip and tear as she went through her arduous daily rituals yet not be cumbersome or hinder her progress.

She glanced up at the morning sky, clouds were rolling in and she could scent rain in the air. She might have to retire shortly. With her head tilted skyward, the sun's ray were able to dance along her soft peaches and cream complexion and accented the gentle rise of her chiseled cheekbones. Long curling lashes lay like black butterflies along her cheek. When she opened them once again her startling golden eyes were calm but reserved.

The wind coaxed her long hair onto the breeze and the sudden rush of it made her draw a contented sigh. She knew that her time of contemplation would not last for much longer. She would be needed shortly and would need to join the other immortals she had stumbled across. How strange it was that they had found each other, even more so that they were all in the same trade. But that was where her mulling on the subject ended, to attempt to delve deeper would be a waste of her time. There were always more important issues than the question of their circumstances.

Sighing softly, she glanced overhead once again just as an eagle soared by. She watched the elegant creature glide through the sky and a tender smile graced her features. Her voice when she spoke was a sultry burr that could become husky if she were uncareful of her diction.

"Fly free wing brother." She whispered.

She then lept off the boulder in one fluid motion. The woman known as Saku took one fleeting glance at the sky before taking the first steps to leave her sanctuary. Her long, sure-footed stride now sought to take her to her current home, the abadoned theatre and the other immortal thieves within.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:24 am
Nia looked up from the book she was reading. It had bothered her that Hamani had suggested to go to her room, but she had seen that it was the best place to find out more about voodoo. So she had led Hamani to her room, and now they were both going through a pile of books that might contain a solution, so far with little success.

“Exorcism?” Nia asked at Hamani’s words “Well I guess I could do that, but I would have to study it a bit more. It is not a thing to do lightly, many things can go wrong.” She closed the book she had been reading in ,”Using and fighting the dark arts”, and walked to the bookcase. Her fingers slid over the back of the books, she stopped on a rather small book, bound in black linen with no inscription on it. She took it from the plank and sat down in her chair again.

The book was dusty and the pages were discolored by time, but she could still read the text. It was written in an ancient language, but Nia could, although not easily, read it. Her eyes went from page to page, absorbing the information they contained, weighing their importance at the same time.

After about half an hour she put down the book: “I think I know enough to do what is needed. It should be doable, but it will take some preparations to do so, and we must keep Melora away, she will feel it when we release the spirit. Anyway, the first thing we need is something we do not have yet; we need the blood of a high-priest. We have to go obtain that before we can even think of starting, furthermore we need to know whose spirit it is locked inside the doll. And lastly we also need the bones of a relative of Melora. The last two requirements will be quite hard to meet I think. I propose that you take care of those, seeing that you have power of Melora and will most likely be able to find out whose spirit it is, since I believe that she made the doll herself. You also claim to know our backgrounds, so you will also know Melora’s, and I don’t take it you will tell me that, so you will have to take care of it. In the meanwhile I will travel to the city of Ahuian and arrange the blood we need. When we have the blood and the bones and know the name of the spirit we can move on to the next step, which I will tell you about then, or you can read it if you are familiar with the language used. Do we have an agreement?”

Lord Bean
Crew

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:07 pm
Hamani watched Nia as she read, admiring her perseverance and obvious intelligence, and allowed her to do the researching from there. After an hour or so, Nia spoke, and Hamani listened keenly to her plans.

"Bones of a relative and..." Information... that should be easy. Hamani thought, smiling inwardly. She had a way with getting people to talk. Nia was true with what she said; Hamani did have knowledge of the backgrounds of each and every one of the original immortal thieves, including various notes and records in her possession. But Melora was not one of the original thieves. Upon feeling her immortal shift, Hamani had immediately sought out the child and taken possession of her, by that, by no means, meant that Hamani had any previous information on Melora. She'd have to get the information of the .

"Alright, agreed, you'll supply the , and I will take care of the rest." she said, standing up, stretching her back from the sitting position she'd been in for the last couple hours. "I'm going to take Melora and return here in roughly a week. Is that time enough for you?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:23 pm
{Thank you, Edaniel-san. ^^ I try my hardest.}

The dark thief opened the doors quietly, sheathing his sword into his belt loop, the blade bouncing on his leg as he walked down the dark corridors, noting that all the light had been snuffed out. Most likely it was because they hadn't been tended to like they usually were. He stopped in front of the door to the stage room entrance, looking into see Yuki there in a meditative state, eyes closed. He rose an eyebrow at him, not really curious but feigning it for the sake of feigning it. Suddenly, though, Yuki's eyes opened and stared at him.

"Good evening, Tomi-san." The thief greeted, nodding once. "God to see you're not covered in the red liquid of life as you usually would be."

"Keh," Tomi mumbled, turning and walking away, deciding to use a different entrace he had constructed into his underground room, pressing an indent on the wall and walking in quietly.

Yuki listened to him walk for a moment, before turning his head slightly to the side as he felt another presence enter the theatre then.

Fai sighed as he removed his mask, blinking and getting used to the darkness, before frowning, holding onto the box as he looked around the dark corridors. "Did we suddenly turn horror/Gothic?" He muttered, raising an eyebrow in confusion. He walked up to one of the lamps, opening it, and turning a switch, watching as the flame burst to life, before he did that to the other lamps, filling the corridors with light again. "There; now everyone other than Tomi can walk down these halls."  

NightmareAlchemist

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:20 pm
[Aww, poor Nitemare's so alone she's socializing with herself... I know, why don't you boys all join Yul and form the spice boys!!!

Fai; The adorable, fun-loving one.
Yuki; The deep, swoon-worthy guy.
Tomi; The scary bad boy, with gorgeous hair.
Yul; The flirtatious tramp.

SPICE BOYS!

I drew it.

*dies of happiness*]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:26 pm
Saku made her way down the path back to the theatre. Her stride marked her destination as unmistakenable, however, her attention seemed to be elsewhere. Her head was bowed as if she were carefully watching each step that she took. However, this was hardly the case. Saku was a brooder, and thought a great deal more about things than was truly necessary. She overanalyzed and disected each thought until it was reduced to its simplest form. Still, this was a rare occurance since her thoughts usually overlapped and branched off into another line of questions. The only such chain of thought that she left alone was her origins.

Why she never thought about such things never bothered her since, after all, one could immortality had kind of crept up on her. She had awoken one day in unfamiliar territory, foreign attire and with weapons at her side. Saku hadn't questioned how or why she was there, her curiosity lay with the innate desire to weild them. The two fans she'd had in her position called to her and she quickly discovered that she had elemental and magical powers. There were things she knew, like how to pick pockets, sneak into homes without being noticed, and how to blend in perfectly in a crowd. She knew more ways to kill a man than there were stars. She knew her name was Saku and that she had just seen her eighteen winter. Then...she'd simply ceased to age, be subject to disease, and could no longer fall before mortal wounds. But where she had come from, who she had been, all were blanks to her.

All she knew now was that her skills could be put to very good use and be well paid for it. She was immortal now, nothing could change that and there was nothing she could do. To chase the question of why in circles would only drive her mad. And that was a path she did not wish to tread. She drew a sighing breath as she stopped before the crossroad that would have led her back to her home or to its brother leading to the village outside the forest. She could rustle up some coin, maybe find some means of amusing herself but that could wait. For the time being she needed to inspect her quarters and bathe.

Her home was beautiful, she could not deny that. The sprawling theatre was the delight of artists, musicians and performers alike. She felt at home in the quiet glory and did not mind being dwarfed at times by its splendor. She made her way through the winding corridors. In spite of bening abandoned for years, the Immortal Thieves had restored most of the building. It remained as pristine and inviting as it had in its peak.

She entered her room and locked the door behind her. Saku didn't think anyone would try to get in, but it was a habit she could not shake. Her room was simple yet elegant. The walls were painted a burnished gold with darker gold runes painted in flame designs. Her bed beckoned to her, the satin sheets dyed a rich amber drapped over the large foreposter which had been carved from polished mahogany. The deep red-brown wood was everywhere. The bureau, chest, bookcase, and desk were all mahogany but each was decorated with runes or with landscapes that Saku had thought suitable. She'd made this room her own, and it held personal touches ranging from her weapons chest to the massive book collection.

She left behind the bedroom and found herself in her spacious bathroom. The tub was carved out of the wall, reminiscent of a hot spring and lined with red, gold, and orange tiles. The ceiling was designed like a sunset and was accented by the tiles. The tub was already filled with hot water. She disrobed and slipped inside before putting the soaps and scented oils to good use.

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

TaikuNiwa

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:46 am
Taketo's mind slowly began to drift into memories...memories he seemed to have forgotten over his long absence. He slowly closed his eyes...remembering...fading...drifting. He took a deep breath as the smell of cherrywood and fault filled the air around him. Though his secret place was all but silent, the precense of fate seemed to circle around him as he lay there...in wait of something.

I wait...but what for, no one is coming. I'm still here and all I have to show for myself is my obedience to life...or the absence of it. Whatever the case me be, why is it I remember so many of these things from the past before I left...and now...it seems to be passing away like the winds...

He lifted his hand to feel a slight breeze past by, as if to tell him something. He grinned slowly lifting himself up from the soft grass to where he was just sitting, propping himself up with his arms. This place seemed the only place to disguard his feelings now...since the past was soon blowing away.

What's been up with me lately? All I've been thinking about is either that stupid attacker or the others...just the mere safety of them. I feel I'm growing soft. My attitudes changing...it feels that attacker was trying to teach me a lesson.

Taketo slowly shook his head his facial features shifting into a more frustrated, yet solemn expression.

It's as if my mind is fighting my heart...but do immortals even have one?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:13 am
Her bath behind her, Saku sat before her vanity, an ivory comb quickly removing the tangles in her hair. Drapped in a thin silk kimono, her eyes were closed as she went through the accustomed ritual. When finished she tossed her long hair behind her, the mass now straight and clean. For a moment she sat gazing at her own reflection uncertain of what it was exactly she was looking for. She couldn't remember how old she was, a few centuries at least, and yet she would never look a day over eighteen. Brushing the thought aside, she rose and began to clothe herself.

Her kimono was clean as it magically was every time she went to put it back on. The scent of vanilla and almonds enveloped her as did the material and it drew a contented sigh from her. The scent had always soothed her and it followed her wherever she went. Robed and with her weapons tucked away at ready, she wondered where it was she would go now. It had been a while since she had traversed the forest paths. Besides her garden, she had seen little of the outdoors when not on an assignmnt. And since she was well aware that another mission would be coming soon, she took the opportunity now that it was available.

Some good minutes later, Saku found herself wandering through the forest. It was as lovely by night as it was in the peak of day. The night sounds surrounded her but she knew no fear, she was at home in the darkness. Something came over Saku, the forest melody called to her. Drawing her fans she began to dance along the path. Her fans began to glow, a soft firery light. It spread to envelop her skin so that she became a writhing flame. It was rare that she danced anymore, yet she had a feeling she did this a great deal some time ago.

As far as she knew, she could indulge in a little known facet of her nature since no one else was here. Saku's thoughts drifted in a blank slate going everywhere and nowhere. It was a peacefull feeling and she gave herself to it, letting her carry her where it would. Her usual need for control was forsaken and an almost carefree aura surrounded her. How long it would last however, remained to be seen.

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

Lirdianc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:34 am
Tomoyo watched the other two for a little longer, before turning away to retreat to her own room. Whatever it was that they were doing, she couldn't help...nor was she sure she wanted to. Rituals should be done by those who knew them inside out, and she wasn't one of them. She slipped across the main stage to her own place in the theater, the costume room. She brushed away dusky silk and lit the tiny lantern that hung in the corner, watching the flame flit about, creating shadowy forms on the wall. One flicker edged close to her-she batted it away with a stern glance, before sitting on the bed and hugging her knees together. She was sweaty, probably too tired to think rationally, but those cold facts refused to stem the tears that slowly dripped down her face, no matter how much Tomoyo willed them back. It's too much, she thought wearily. We are thieves, we are villains, we are tools...we are never ourselves. We will never have that chance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 am
Juromaru shook his head. He had been standing there for at least an hour and a half. Yue wasn't comming... He growled and want back to his room. As he walked through the archway to get to his balcony the many shades of curtains and other cloth that he had put up whisked past his skin. He walked into the balcony and stopped. It was high up on the wall giving him a great view of the theatre seating and the beautifully carved ceiling. He smiled. Sbsentmindedly he lifted off his armor and underarmor. The clothing was soaked with blood and sweat. He placed the armor on it's place on the wall, and laid his sword above it. He took off his boots and slipped his legs into metal greaves that he had. The metal fitted snugly to his legs and they stopped just under his knees. He grabbed that basen and threw his underarmor into it. He stood up onto the ledge of the balcony and rolled his neck. After cracking his neck he looked down and stepped off and fell thirty feet down to the floor. He landed crouched, his left hand out in front of him and the basen under his right arm. He stood, sighed and walked outside.

He shuddered slightly as the winter cold washed across his bare chest. He grabbed snow and placed it in the basen. Then he dropped his underarmor in. He melted the water and washed the blood out off his clothes. Didn't take him long, and besides it was black, and stains didn't matter to him. He dumped the water back out and returned the basen and underarmor to his room. As he stood looking his eyes fell on his blade. He lifted it off the wall and ran his fingers along the blade. It was sharp, the blood smearing across the blade was making this fact apparent. He smiled and sheathed the blade.

"Kiba..." he laughed slightly. "We don't need runes..." He strapped the blade across the back of his waist and placed his left arm on the hilt. He closed his eyes and laughed to himself. He sat on the balcony railing and leaned back against the wall. Trying to forget.  

Kevkas

Bizarre-love-triange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 pm
Yue finally made it inside the theater. Her little encounter with Tomi had shaken her a bit but it wasn't enough to affect her mood or actions. The theater was warm and she was getting overly warm so she hurried her way up to the mezzanine where she grabbed a bundle of silk scarves for her little Chibi to sit in. She placed her atop them and then began to strip out of her new clothing into something a bit thinner. She didn't need to conserve so much heat inside the much warmer theater. She grabbed a simple silk kimono and then walked back over to Chibi, picking her up , yue had decided that she must be a her because of her eyes, they just seemed to feminine.... and oddly familiar thought she couldnt quite place it.

She stroked her soft downy head quelling her cheery chirping for a few moments before she flounced downstairs to what was serving as a kitchen. She grabbed some vegetables and put them in a pot- intent on making a stew."What do you like little Chibi?" she asked as she used the flint and tinder to light a fire beneath the small cooking pot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:47 pm
Fai, proud of himself, continued down the now lit paths, listening to his footsteps as they echoed around him; telling him he was alone. Now he knew that this was not fact, but a false pretense; there were plenty of thieves still inside of the theatre, all in little clusters, either alone or with one or two people. He knew some of them were outside as well; but that was fine. Some liked their solitude; some liked to do dangerous missions where if they had been normal, their lives would've been on the line. He smirked; but since they were immortal, no life was ever wasted, unless it be the enemies.

Like the lord who had had just decapitated not but twenty minutes ago. He stopped in the hall, looking down at the box with contemplating eyes. It was like he really wanted to keep the trinket; it meant nothing to him. He stole it because he had the ability to. Rarely did he ever do something because it had a value for himself or for others. He usually did it because he was able to; that was all.

The blonde sighed tiredly; all this deep thinking was bothering him. He wasn't a deep thinker. Saku and Yuki were deep thinkers; not Fai. Fai liked to be on top of life; liked missions; liked fighting. He liked calculating and conducting plans; liked to watch the shocked faces of his victims as they fell from his death blow, the cold, blank gaze of his mask the last thing they ever saw.

So, holding up the box, he stared at it for a long time, before he walked to the stage, looking at Yuki briefly, before placing the box on the edge.

"It's for sale." He said, then waved lazily, walking away to find something interesting to do; already he grew bored.

Yuki watched the ninja walk off, before glancing at the box. Inwardly shrugging he stood up, jumping off of the stage and landing carefully, before he started out the stage via the side door; one of the emergency exists of the theatre incase of fire or some other accident would occur. He turned to look at the door of the costume room, feeling Tomoyo's familiar presence, before he decided it unwise to disturb the young woman. She might've been doing something important; clearing her mind, thinking over plans for a mission; endless possibilities. So instead he left the area in it entirety, deciding that he would go for a walk instead.

As he left the theatre, he looked up with slightly large eyes as he saw an etheral glow ahead of him. Frowning slightly, he walked towards the forest, where the glow was coming from, deciding to investigate it. It might've been the fires of villagers who had found their hideout and would try to destroy them; an impossibility, because they were immortal. But if it were villages in a raid, that would be troublesome.

So, as he got closer to the glow, he grew more and more shocked as he saw no one other than Saku dancing in the forest, her fans out, creating the glow. He stopped to watch her, grey eyes wide with curiousity, before he decided he had gawked enough and that she had the right to know someone was watching her private show. So, with a a fist to his hand, he cleared his throat loud enough in the universal way of showing to an oblivious person that they had an audience.

NightmareAlchemist

NightmareAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 pm
{The Spice Boys? Oh my. ^^ That would be...Interesting. But I do believe Tomi might kill them all if given the chance.}

Tomi finally entered his underground room. Unlike Tao's basement complex where he built weapons and other such things, Tomi's room was deep under the basement. It had taken him a century and a half just to dig the tunnel pathway; to carve in the stairs so that he could walk down the pathway cleanly; to create the large abode that he resided in, but he was glad--inwardly--that he had done so.

There were sparce candles, with a futon mattress against the farthest wall from the entrance. He had dug in a ventalation system so that he could breathe easily in his room, and he had a desk on the wallto the left of the entrance. It held little trinkets he didn't understand, but whenever he tried to throw them away, something inside of him--something Aoki would call his heart--would get in his way and he wouldn't be able to. He took his sword from his belt, placing it against the desk and walking to his bed, sitting on it Indian styled, hands on his knees as he looked out in his dank room; the few candles that he had were lit, but the sticks were low, the flame only a weak thing. Soon they would snuff out and become useless, but Tomi wouldn't mind.

He thrived in the dark, after all. It was the only place he would feel safe with himself; the only thing he trusted. Like Yue loved her moon and trusted it, the darkness was the only thing he would trust; the only thing he could trust. For if he learned to trust people--even those that called themselves his commrades, those who hated, feared, or turned their heads in disgust of him--, they would surely betray that trust.

That thing people called a heart twitched in his chest at the thought of betrayel, and Tomi placed a hand on it, eyes narrowed. The only emotion other than madness--which was not a true emotion at all but a state of mind--was betrayel. It was what he grasped onto whenever he would cut the head off of an innocent; watched their terrified eyes dull as their life was cut short.

He would always remind himself, that somehow, in his past...

He had been brutally betrayed.

Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games