Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 am
Thee Stranger
If there was no Alone in the Dark, there'd be no oldschool Resident Evil.

But old school Resident Evil is still better than Alone in the Dark. Which is my point exactly. Just because SF pioneered the genre, doesn't make it the best in the genre currently.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 am
Stranger to Paradise
Try out monster movie flicks Splinter or Feast, they're both bloody brilliant! If you like Robert Englund, you'll love him as the head monster in Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. It's not really scary, but it packs the thrills of old school monster mayhem flicks! Try out Dario Argento's finale to his Three Mothers trilogy, The Mother of Tears! Well that's not Western Horror, but still! It's Dario Argento! Hatchet is a an original Slasher flick that will give you the scares that you so seek (And laughs, as well)! Let me compile a major list later on so as to list the best I can recommended.

P.S. Sorry to hear you self-demotion. Now, where can I sign up? Just kidding, just kidding!

I haven't seen any of those except for Feast. I enjoyed that one. ^^ Haven't seen Feast 2 or 3 yet, though.

I wasn't sure about The Unborn. It looked scary but I wasn't sure if it was good. I'll have to check that one out.

Too bad about Quarantine. I was actually wanting to see that one.

Vankala

VlCKERS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 am
Stranger to Paradise
Hey, I've been meaning to ask this because I really want to know what type of gamers you all are, so: What are your top ten favorite video games of all time? (Doesn't have to be in order)

In no particular order:
Devil May Cry 3,
Tekken Tag Tournament,
Silent Hill 2,
Resident Evil 3,
RE Umbrella Chronicles (My first Rail shooter. <3),
LaPucelle Tactics,
Katamari Damacy,
Conker's Bad Fur Day (The ORIGINAL, none of that Xbox stuff),
Starfox 64,
and World of Warcraft, if that counts.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:41 am
******** yeah, Conker! I was so pissed when I got the XBOX version, and they had none of the awesome multi-player mini-games from the N64 version. And, oh god... not Warcraft. No. Just no.  

Thee Stranger

VlCKERS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 am
Thee Stranger

When Rareware moved to Microsoft, part of my childhood died.

And I thought exactly the same way about WoW.
Then my brother moved in.

When you live in a house that does nothing but raiding and other shenanigans, you sort of have to get used to it and like it.
If you want your mom to remember you exist. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 am
If you want your mom to remember you exist...?

Wow (no pun intended)... that's really ******** up. Like, really ******** up. My sister's fiancee plays WoW all the time, and that's pretty much all he talks about anymore. And now my sister is playing. My friend Tony moved down to Florida to kind of start his life fresh and everything. Well, he moved in with his sister and her husband, who plays WoW. Now all the kid does is play WoW. Every time he calls me, that's all he talks about. They have rehab clinics for it, and I've heard some pretty insane stories about it. People have killed themselves over it and s**t. Listen to this s**t: Click LULZ.

Once I stumbled upon a thread right here on Gaia entitled: WOW RUINED MY LIFE!!! xd

This guy was a big WoW player, and his fiancee was getting sick of him spending all his time on the game, so he convinced her to try it. Then she got addicted, and they joined the same guild, and he said it was all good times and noodle salad, but then he'd come home from work, and she's be playing, and then she would minimize the chat box as soon as he walked past her. One time he came home, and she was off in the bathroom, so her chatbox was left open, and he found "sexually explicit" conversations with their guild master. He confronted her about it, and it turned out that the guild master only lived about 50 miles or so away, and she was driving over there and ******** him while the dude was at work. xd And then she left him for the guild master.

He was like, "they're upstairs right now, and I can hear them ******** as I type. I broke my laptop, and deleted my character!" He said that they had a mortgage together on the same house. So apparently he had no place to tell them to get the ******** out. rofl  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:30 am
Conker is another game in my top 20 ha ha.

I'm going to San Diego this weekend to visit my 20-30 year old cousins, who are all advent WoW players...*Sigh* I hope it's not like last time, where all they did was play WoW...Love the South Park spoof of it ha ha: How do you kill that which has no life?

[EDIT]: WoW: A worse addiction than smoking...Ha ha...Sad.

I like Feast 2 for it's absurdity, so I'm definitely gonna check out Feast 3 today!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:36 am
Ahhh, San Diego. I loved it there. Whenever someone says San Diego, all I can think of is Comic-Con... and PSA 182. I have an unhealthy obsession with airplane crashes.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 am
Speaking of airplane crashes, I hope Sully is my pilot...Ha ha.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am
Hah. xd You know, the pilot of PSA 182 told the passengers to brace for impact too... but they all died.

Anyway, just hope your flight number isn't 191. That seems to be a cursed flight number.  

Thee Stranger

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger
If there was no Alone in the Dark, there'd be no oldschool Resident Evil.

But old school Resident Evil is still better than Alone in the Dark. Which is my point exactly. Just because SF pioneered the genre, doesn't make it the best in the genre currently.

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean they don't matter. They're extremely important to their genres, as they basically created them. They laid down the blueprint for everything else. The pioneering props belong to Street Fighter II and Alone in the Dark. Everything else is just following suit. Therefore, they demand respect and acknowledgment. Just the fact that their mere existence is responsible for, and necessary in order for games like KoF and RE to exist in the first place says it all. I can't argue anything other than that, as it's just a matter of opinion and personal preference.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm
Well, having never played AitD....

Actually, I have a funny WOW story... not as epic as the one posted, but I know these people.

So my friend had a girlfriend who would play WOW with him. It started off really awesome, but then he noticed that she no longer wanted to have sex or do anything else but play WOW. When he confronted her with it, she told him that sex was like WOW, just another fun thing to do... and that she'd prefer WOW over sex (not sex with him, 'cause I've heard he's a maniac in the sack, but sex in general). Fuuucked up.

Phew, I should have much more time to put into the guild again. But there are so many conversations I need to catch up with.

TheeStranger, I'm in love with your Nemesis avatar... can I steal it and put it in my avatar thread? heart  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:26 pm
Thee Stranger
Maybe not, but that doesn't mean they don't matter. They're extremely important to their genres, as they basically created them. They laid down the blueprint for everything else. The pioneering props belong to Street Fighter II and Alone in the Dark. Everything else is just following suit. Therefore, they demand respect and acknowledgment. Just the fact that their mere existence is responsible for, and necessary in order for games like KoF and RE to exist in the first place says it all. I can't argue anything other than that, as it's just a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Umm... When did I ever say Street Fighter didn't matter? I just said it's not the best fighting series out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm
I play WoW but I don't understand how obsessed people get over it. I think those people had some issues before they even got their hands on the game. I love WoW and I play it frequently but I don't let it take over my life. talk2hand  

Vankala

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:28 pm
I think some people are just addicts. It doesn't matter what they're into, they're going to overdo it. It's too bad too, gives the rest of gamers a bad name.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games