Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello, I'm a Noob and I like Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 am
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you WESKER:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tyrant: I got this b***h. *tears Wesker's a*****e open with his claw*
*SCHHHLUCKT!*
Tyrant: b***h, I'm the TYRANT! I'm the TYRANT, b***h! YEAH!
Wesker: Ha HAH! ... it was all part of the plan. I meant for you to do that!
Tyrant: Wait. You died so you could... not die and gain super powers? What?
Wesker: Precisely.
Tyrant: Umm... genius?
Wesker: M'yes. Ada didn't die either. I aided her in her escape, and I have Sherry in my possession as well. 3nodding Mwah-ha-ha...
Tyrant: Stupid retcons. -_-
Wesker: And it wasn't actually Spencer who created the T-Virus. It was Spencer and Edward Ashford together.
Tyrant: Okay....
Wesker: ...In the Piano Room. With the Monkey Wrench.
Tyrant: ....right.
Wesker: No, wait. Actually, they didn't create the T-Virus at all. It was James Marcus, and we just stole his research. You see, it actually all came from these leeches, and--*
Tyrant: Oh shut up! Make up your damn mind!
Wesker: Okay, okay. Did I mention that my organization, the H.C.F., has the remains of Steve Burnside...?
Tyrant: Yes. -_- Hey, I thought you were working with Umbrella?
Wesker: Well, I am again now...
Tyrant: WTF?!?
Wesker: Well, you see, after Umbrella went under, I...
Tyrant: Jesus Christ! Can't you just just pick a friggin' direction and stick to it?!? You're cutting more holes in the plot than a swiss cheese. Look at you! You're a ********' disaster!
Wekser: And I can teleport. 3nodding

Pure genius...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:28 pm
Canas Renvall
Stranger to Paradise
Which bosses are rip-offs?

Squid/Kraken is a Salazar clone only in the water, which is also just like Del Lago...
Chainsaw Manjini is obvious.
Mutated Bat is right from RE0
Gigante. Again, obvious.
Can't say anything about Behemoth, I haven't seen it. It better not be large, purple, and cast Flare a lot. Which I have a feeling it might.

Or it could drive a tiny car like the one in Chocobo Racing.

Biohazard EXTREME
You mean the ability to wear leather and look like a gay lion tamer? Actually, if/when Wesker dies next, he'll just transform into a big, ugly monster. Just wait.
It wouldn't surprise me if he became like, Bizarro Wesker, and then you kill him again, and then he transforms into a One Winged Angel, and Chris becomes a Super Saiyan, so his hair becomes blonde, then he picks up a gigantic butter knife and kills Wesker with an omnislash, while Sheva uses some Ultima spells on him.

rofl

I couldn't see your picture either, but I think you had this pic in mind...

User Image  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Try the link: http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/1537221.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F1067AE1B736C1506E6F5A5397277B4DC33E  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:55 am
I should've seen that coming. rofl  

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:30 pm
I stumbled across this screenshot the other day....

User Image

Oh my god, is that MA-39 Cerberus?!? Note the camera angle, how it's not over-the-shoulder. Almost makes it look like an old school RE... think of how badass that would be; a real RE on a next-gen console. It's been so long... I remember that one of the developers of the game, in response to the whole racism outcry, said the reason RE5 was taking place in Africa was to explain the origins of the Progenitor Virus. And who could forget this early screenshot...?:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Those are most definitely Zombies; not Los Plagas. Will these creatures still be making an appearance of some sort? Probably not. But it makes me wonder about all the possibilities of what RE5 would have been/could be. RE4 was cool to play, but ultimately pointless. It was such a huge departure from the formula of the series that it made us all wonder why it was even entitled Resident Evil in the first place. No Umbrella, no zombies, completely new gameplay, etc. And the story... really had nothing to do with anything in regards to what had happened in the rest of the series. We all know Umbrella is definitely going to be involved in this one somehow. To what extent has yet to be seen. Of course, we all know Chris is going to be in it, and Wesker as well. Chris hasn't shown up in an RE game since RE:CVX (not counting remakes). Even without Umbrella, we all know Wesker still holds a grudge with Chris over the events of RE1. They last met in Code Veronica, and their battle was cut short, leaving Wesker with his face burned pretty good. So there's definitely a story to be told there, at the very least. Whether RE5's story will be/feel relevant, well...

Here's hoping. cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:01 pm
Are those screenshots prototypes? eek crying  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 pm
If we're looking at relevance for the new games, the series might have well ended with 3. 4 and 5 are just additional treats, the way I look at it. Canon, as well.

I mean, with CV, we already knew Umbrella was over with, so what was the point of that? For Claire to search for Chris? I find that hardly qualifying for an entire game. Although we discovered some of the origins of the T-Virus in CV, it looks like we will be discovering more, if not the rest, in 5. So CV will be as relevant as 5, me thinks. Which is not really at all. Once again, an additional treat. 4 though, albeit fun, was a total side story and it's relevance only affects 5. So if 5 will be hardly relevant, then 4 is nothing. But fun nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 am
Wel the posture of the crreatures are definitely zombieish. Mybe they are trying to pull this around a bit, liek adding on a few to the end so that they don't have castrated and decapitated employes after 5 comes out.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 am
Well, they probably were gonna put those into the game, the zombies I mean, but then said, "Naw, let's just go with the parasites because ancient parasite cults are so much cooler than zombies."
RE5 is a lost cause. Even if there are T-Virus monsters in it, that would be like, performing a clean up after a nuclear bomb hit. Like, they can try, but it's still not gonna be inhabitable for many years.
What I'm saying is that the damage is done.
And the cerberus screenshot is probably a cinematic, since we've obviously seen that the whole game is played from over the shoulder, without a single change from RE4.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 am
AngelaAshford
Are those screenshots prototypes? eek crying

The first one isn't. Those dogs will definitely be in the game. The screenshot of the zombies, however, is a very early screenshot. One of the first... from the very first teaser trailer for RE5 when it was announced back in '05/'06-ish (around there). They were definitely zombies, but they moved and ran very fast. Click here to view said trailer.

Stranger to Paradise
If we're looking at relevance for the new games, the series might have well ended with 3. 4 and 5 are just additional treats, the way I look at it. Canon, as well.

I mean, with CV, we already knew Umbrella was over with, so what was the point of that? For Claire to search for Chris? I find that hardly qualifying for an entire game. Although we discovered some of the origins of the T-Virus in CV, it looks like we will be discovering more, if not the rest, in 5. So CV will be as relevant as 5, me thinks. Which is not really at all. Once again, an additional treat. 4 though, albeit fun, was a total side story and it's relevance only affects 5. So if 5 will be hardly relevant, then 4 is nothing. But fun nothing.

How did we know Umbrella was over with in CV? Admittedly, it's been quite a while since I've played through it, but I don't recall anything pointing to that fact. Yeah, Wesker was with a rival organization, attacking their installation and ******** their s**t up, but it wasn't like he put them out of business. And Claire had been searching for Chris in RE2, so it definitely tied directly into that as a direct sequel. Code Veronica was much more a direct sequel to the series than RE3. RE3 was very much a side-story, and didn't really progress the overall plot in the slightest. I've always considered RE3 to be RE2.5 and CV to be the true RE3. And it was very relevant... until RE4 came around and nullified the whole thing.

I can't really call RE4 a side-story. A side-story is a story that occurs alongside established stories set within a fictional universe. That's what RE3 is. That's not what RE4 is; it's something completely different. RE4 wouldn't have been too much of a problem at all if they had tweaked their story just slightly. All they really had to do was involve Umbrella more. Instead of Leon just happening to stumble upon this thing, he could have been investigating Umbrella, and discovered that they were experimenting with these townsfolk, unleashing this new parasite thing. But, nope. Instead it's, "Leon's Kennedy's starting a new job again (government agent), and he just happens to stumble across this whole town of parasite monsters! Last time he started a new job (police officer), he just happened to run into a zombie-infested city!" - Moral of the story: Never follow this guy when he goes somewhere to start his new job; he's cursed. Oh, and there was that little side plot thread of Umbrella trying to get a sample of the s**t. So he just happened to stumble across Umbrella again on accident? And Ada too? Just a little, um... WAY TOO MANY COINCIDENCES for me. And yeah, other than Umbrella being mentioned once or twice, not relevant at all.

Now, with RE5, we're not exactly sure what we're getting. We know the Plagas are back, obviously. But we don't know exactly how it was all caused yet. We already know Wesker (Umbrella) got his sample, and he's showing back up, so there's good chance he was the cause of all of it, but it may run deeper than that. You have to take the location as well as what that developer said in regards to it (explaining the origins of the Progenitor Virus) into consideration. Zombie stories originated in the Afro-Caribbean Vodoun belief system, so for a series that relied on zombies as it's main antagonists, exploring the voodoo origins of zombie mythology seems very appropriate. Maybe they'll find a way to link it all together. Meaning link the Plagas with the Virus. And since Wesker pretty much is Umbrella now, there's a slight chance we may be seeing some of our favorite B.O.W.'s from the past as well.

Or so I can hope! whee  

Thee Stranger

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:33 am
And sorry for the wall, guys. sweatdrop I tend to babble.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 am
All the games except 4 deal directly with Umbrella, since it has been confirmed Umbrella will play a part in 5, hence, 4 the only game being a side story. 3 is not a side story, rather a coinciding installment along with 2. Oh yeah, nothing major was revealed in 3...EXCEPT that the city was bombed and totally obliterated, causing the awareness of Umbrella's experiments and it's stocks to eventually plummet (REVEALED in 4), hence the company going under. That's your recalling factor right there, making that argument of yours fallible. Also, Leon didn't stumble upon Umbrella trying to get the Plagas. He stumbled upon (Somewhat) WESKER trying to get the Plagas, to resurrect Umbrella for his own devices. So Umbrella really had no part in the story. As for CV, why would we want to see Clair search for Chris in yet another installment? Can't we presume what happened? Talking about coincidences, it's just so convenient that while searching fro Chris, Claire gets to stumble on the origins of the T-Virus. As coincidental as Leon stumbling on the Las Plagas. Both totally pointless, but at least 4 will have lead onto 5. The only thing I agree with you is that Wekser is now Umbrella (Opposed to him not being it in 4) and that voodoo origins of relations to zombies do seem really appropriate.  

King of Paradise

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:58 am
All the games except 4 deal directly with Umbrella, since it has been confirmed Umbrella will play a part in 5, hence, 4 the only game being a side story. 3 is not a side story, rather a coinciding installment along with 2. Oh yeah, nothing major was revealed in 3...EXCEPT that the city was bombed and totally obliterated, causing the awareness of Umbrella's experiments and it's stocks to eventually plummet (REVEALED in 4), hence the company going under. That's your recalling factor right there, making that argument of yours fallible. Also, Leon didn't stumble upon Umbrella trying to get the Plagas. He stumbled upon (Somewhat) WESKER trying to get the Plagas, to resurrect Umbrella for his own devices. So Umbrella really had no part in the story. As for CV, why would we want to see Clair search for Chris in yet another installment? Can't we presume what happened? Talking about coincidences, it's just so convenient that while searching for Chris, Claire gets to stumble on the origins of the T-Virus. As coincidental as Leon stumbling on the Las Plagas. Both totally pointless, but at least 4 will have lead onto 5. The only thing I agree with you is that Wekser is now Umbrella (Opposed to him not being it in 4) and that voodoo origins of relations to zombies do seem really appropriate.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:22 pm
Stranger to Paradise
3 is not a side story, rather a coinciding installment along with 2. Oh yeah, nothing major was revealed in 3...EXCEPT that the city was bombed and totally obliterated, causing the awareness of Umbrella's experiments and it's stocks to eventually plummet (REVEALED in 4), hence the company going under. That's your recalling factor right there, making that argument of yours fallible.

A coinciding installment is a side-story. xd That's not what RE4 is, but lets not argue over petty semantics. I will give you that RE3 did end with Raccoon City being nuked, but do you find that qualifying for an entire game? Any more qualifying than Claire searching for Chris? Seeing as the city didn't get bombed until the very end, it would be just as easy to just explain in the next game that the city was nuked. You said that we already knew Umbrella was over in RE:CV... where is my fallibility here? You have yet to tell where, in Code Veronica, anything points to the fact that Umbrella has gone under, or is going under. Code Veronica took place after RE3; after the city got bombed, and there was no talk of any government awareness of Umbrella's experiments or their plummeting stock. Yes, that was revealed... in RE4. No argument there. But we didn't know Umbrella was over until RE4, not RE:CV as you said earlier.

Stranger to Paradise
Also, Leon didn't stumble upon Umbrella trying to get the Plagas. He stumbled upon (Somewhat) WESKER trying to get the Plagas, to resurrect Umbrella for his own devices. So Umbrella really had no part in the story.

Did you forget the little conversation that Leon had with Krauser? You know, when Krauser mentioned he was working with Umbrella? He specifically says he's working with Umbrella. Umbrella being Wesker at this point (in RE4). That makes Umbrella part of the story. A very tiny part of the story, but part of the story nonetheless.

Stranger to Paradise
As for CV, why would we want to see Clair search for Chris in yet another installment? Can't we presume what happened?

Well, Claire didn't really search for Chris in RE2. She went to the city to find him, and found out he wasn't there. Yeah, we could presume what happened. We could also just presume Wesker still being alive, being part of a rival organization, attacking the installation, as well as everything else that happened in RE:CV. Wesker's Report was also a part of Code Veronica. I guess we could just presume that Wekser had Sherry; another plot thread tying into RE5. And we could also just presume everything that ever happened in any of the RE games, going your logic.

Stranger to Paradise
Talking about coincidences, it's just so convenient that while searching for Chris, Claire gets to stumble on the origins of the T-Virus. As coincidental as Leon stumbling on the Las Plagas. Both totally pointless, but at least 4 will have lead onto 5.

Umm, that's waaayyy different. Yes, Claire was searching for Chris, but she was looking for him at an Umbrella installation, where she was captured and brought to another Umbrella installation. Since Umbrella created the Virus and everything, it's not such a big coincidence she stumbled upon that info. And it's not even on RE4's level, in terms of coincidences.

Stranger to Paradise
The only thing I agree with you is that Wekser is now Umbrella (Opposed to him not being it in 4)

Umm. Yeeaahh, he was. Wesker pretty much being Umbrella was revealed in Umbrella Chronicles, which took place before RE4.

Stranger to Paradise
All the games except 4 deal directly with Umbrella, since it has been confirmed Umbrella will play a part in 5, hence, 4 the only game being a side story.

RE5 will have the same reincarnation of Umbrella as RE4 did. That being Wesker pretty much being Umbrella. So, going by your logic, that would mean that RE5 is just as much of a side-story as RE4.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:51 am
Um....He got served? Ok my turn to rant about what I think.

If you actually take all games into consideration as all part of the series then this is how I see it.

RE0: Um....yeah pretty much good, not much of a side story. Why? Yes we could've assumed that there was some weird way that rebecca and the others got to the mansion, or why the first team went out there in the first plce. I mean it says they were investigating the strange murders, but what RE0 did was show how the other guys got killed off, and why the so called S.T.A.R.S. members that we never actually saw in action in the other RE games weren't there. So end of discussion there is no argument, no loop hole. Geez I wish billy really would apear in antoher RE gme, by that would most liekly make it a side story since he would hve to stumle upon something the tie him in, nd that's not easy to stumle upon somethign that is RE qualified game since he ran away.

RE1: Yeah definitely not a side story since this was the very first one.

RE2: Definitely not side story, no one needs to rague it's already rock solid.

RE Outbreak 1 and 2: Side story, obviously since no files in the other games mention any of the characters.

RE Dead Aim: A freaking side story, I mean seriously zombies just standing there, and you can walk pass by them? Dream on. Even though I liked it it's not a story line mterial, they put it in there to satisfy 1st person shooter fans. Also people comlaining" Why can't we jsut shoot them in the head? Everyone knows that's the best way to down a zombie!" Very entertaining though, I mean morphius even became a female after injecting himself....hope wesker didn't inject a g+t virus, because that's what morphius took. Then gin ccording to one of the reports in Chromincles the transformation form a virus depnds on the character's personality. So I guess Wesker's safe.

RE Gaiden
: I never played this gme and probably never wil, but yeah non existant. I hear that Barry re-appeared in there along with leon....Definitely side story on the "why is this an RE title?" level. I mean serious Barry and Leon in there in one game together? What kin of match up is that?

RE DS: Not much to say since it is on the RE1 story.

RE Gunsurvivor2: Um...yeah it's just a first person version of Code veronica....

RE 3: Now it's time to get serious kiddies. In my opinion this is somewhat of side story. Why? Ok seriously, 1) They didn't need Carlos,2) Even though it does explain that Jill escaped the town in time it can still be assumed so since after the mansion incident you would think she would be extra careful and jsut get the hell out of there after the city didn't take them seriously when they reported their findings.

RE CV/CVX: This one isn't side story, I mean how can you call it a side story when you put a wack job like Alfred in there?! Bah, ha, ha, ha. He was so golden, they should put more villins like him in the story. Might not last long now that they've made wesker the big man, plus I don'yt think he would hire a whack job.

RE UC: This Is an automatic yes since it puts RE1 and re0 in there, but! They did this because people were witching about no non-online partner 2 player gaming on RE series. So they jsut put this together and made up the part about Sergei being involved, which is not needed at all.

RE4: Taking place after and before Umbrella Chrincles. After wesker became Umbrella, meaning krauser is working for Wesker, and not Umbrella as a corp. Before since the very last mossion in Umbrella Chronicles takes palce in 2005, not 2004. Anyways....I didn't liek the plot, but still liked the over head view and able to kick butt, However, I hated the fact that there is a merchant I means seriously this is what I think.
------
Leon: "Didn't I see you a few minutes go?
Merch: Yeah so what?
Leon: you go around, getting from point A to point B withotu being etected, even though I jsut had to go through a horde of parastic bastards...
Merch: I have a talent for bribery.
Leon: But wouldn't they find out that you're helping me?
Merch": Not really I bribe them with weapons, so they can't comaplain.
Leon: ********! So that's where those gatling gun guys get their guns from!*shoots him and leaves.*
*Few minutes later.*
Leon: What the? I killed you!
MErch: Don't bother asking remember this is a game stranger. I've ctually been here for the whole time.
Leon: What?! So you know I'll be someplace next?
Merch: Yeah pretty much, and no I'm not allowedto tell you where you need to go.
Leon: Dang it!
-----
RE4: Anyways, pretty much I wish it was a side story But they put a key character aside from the protagonist like Ada and Wesker in there you cn't really say much. I wish it ws side, but it's not.

RE5:.....I think it shouldn't since WEsker goes even more fsntasy with his teleportation. But yeah they make it a canon.

That's pretty much it. Now if you don't see all of them s real cut off re 4, 5, gaiden, dead aim, outbreak, and umrella chronicles. The rest would be the "real" story line.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games