Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm
And what about The Pacifier?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:12 pm
Got me there. xD

I'd say his redeeming factor was Pitch Black, then. C'mon, you can't tell me you didn't like that. And SPR.  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 pm
Well, honestly, I haven't seen any of the Riddick movies. But Ice Cube's redeeming factor was Boyz-N-The-Hood, Three Kings, Ghosts of Mars, and not to mention all the rap albums that he still makes, that are more rugged and more raw than half the 'gangsta' rappers that are dominating the charts.
Ice Cube's one of the only ones who's actually keeping it real. He's one of the only ones who's got so much money that he doesn't have to rap if he doesn't want to, meaning he does it for his own enjoyment, meaning he's not controlled by promoters who tell their artists what to rap about.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, honestly, I haven't seen any of the Riddick movies. But Ice Cube's redeeming factor was Boyz-N-The-Hood, Three Kings, Ghosts of Mars, and not to mention all the rap albums that he still makes, that are more rugged and more raw than half the 'gangsta' rappers that are dominating the charts.
Ice Cube's one of the only ones who's actually keeping it real. He's one of the only ones who's got so much money that he doesn't have to rap if he doesn't want to, meaning he does it for his own enjoyment, meaning he's not controlled by promoters who tell their artists what to rap about.

You'd enjoy Pitch Black. Don't watch the Riddick movies. They're not the most enamoring thing in the world, trust me. Remember the cheese? >_>

I agree on the movies. I have yet to watch them all the way through, but I've never heard of Ghosts of Mars. I guess we both need catching up on our film. wink  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 pm
Ghosts of Mars wasn't the best, but it was pretty damn cool. It's a John Carpenter movie, and it shows.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Ghosts of Mars wasn't the best, but it was pretty damn cool. It's a John Carpenter movie, and it shows.

I'll probably pass on that then. ninja  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:29 pm
Not a fan of Escape from New York?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Not a fan of Escape from New York?

Never heard of it. I'm looking up all of these movies as we go down the list.

I'd say the only movie by Carpenter that I've seen and liked would be Halloween.  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:39 pm
Anyway, I think cheesiness is underrated. I mean look at Street Fighter, with Van Damme. Cheesy? Absolutely. But it was entertaining, and fun to watch.
Then look at Legend of Chun Li, it tried go to for a serious storyline, realistic costumes and stuff, and as a reult, it ended up being boring.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Anyway, I think cheesiness is underrated. I mean look at Street Fighter, with Van Damme. Cheesy? Absolutely. But it was entertaining, and fun to watch.
Then look at Legend of Chun Li, it tried go to for a serious storyline, realistic costumes and stuff, and as a reult, it ended up being boring.

Yeah, I can go for cheesy sometimes. Is it any wonder that I love Kung Pow: Enter The Fist? No, because it's so stupid, it has to be funny. mrgreen

(I'm still waiting on that sequel.)  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:06 pm
Yeah, Kung Pow was something else, lol.

I personally enjoyed Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon as far as cheesy game based movies go.
Then there's, of course, Evil Dead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Uhhh, actually, I was listening to a radio show a while back, and they were talking to NWA's old agent. He said they were all good kids, and the only one who did any gangsta s**t of any kind was Easy-E, who was a drug dealer.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm
Thee Stranger

Uhhh, actually, I was listening to a radio show a while back, and they were talking to NWA's old agent. He said they were all good kids, and the only one who did any gangsta s**t of any kind was Easy-E.

Well, that Ice Cube is one of the only rappers out there who actually went to college and got a business degree is a known fact. But it doesn't change the fact that he still grew up in the ghetto. Besides, back in the days of NWA, Ice Cube was only like 18 years old in 1988, NWA fell apart in 1991, so it's not like back then Ice Cube just bought a big house and moved out of South Central. In fact, since Eazy-E pretty much ripped off all the other members of NWA, it's not like Ice Cube was swimming with money at that point. I mean, yeah, he was the first one to leave NWA in 1990, but it's not like his albums have been HUGE sellers. Not like today when rappers get upset when they don't go triple platinum. Back then, he was happy if he could go platinum period.
But he doesn't have to sell drugs and shoot up people to have street credit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 pm
Meh. I like his cousin better. Perhaps you've heard of him. Del tha Funkee Homosapien. And I like Kool Keith a.k.a. Dr. Octagon. And Company Flow. That's the real s**t, yo.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm
I don't listen to too many underground rappers from New York or the West Coast. Most underground artists I listen to are from Detroit like Pace Won.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games