Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Gaia Battle System Arena Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Battle Arena Guild
Gaia Battle: the latest news UPDATED 10/23/08 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 pm
Qixter's Profile

07/13/2008 6:01 pm

Let's see...stuff I've done so far this weekend (because many of you say you're curious about this kind of stuff):

1) Selected 400 beta testers to send PMs to soon. NOTE: This is just the first wave! (Remember...we NEVER ask for your password! And we will not refer to the game as "Battle" either. AND the PM will come from a recognizable source...not a regular user. AND, AND, AND...it will NOT involve a stupid tinyurl address either.

2) Added rewards to all the quests in the game (first rough draft of balance)

3) Tuned the end battles some more.

4) Added five more "one-handed ring sets" to the game (nope...no hints about those yet)

5) Continued to fine-tune the training experience, making it more rewarding and fun.

Now I'm headed back into the scripts to see about making our monsters talk more often, to add more personality to them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:15 am
I had asked Qixter a couple of questions about battle and the beta testers.
PixelMuse
Hi Qixter,
I understand you've been very busy working on the awesomeness of the Gaia MMO and I hope you'll find a little time to answer my inquiries.

1. I notice you mention that this would be the first wave of beta testers. Does this mean you plan to expand how many your beta tester sample is later down the line OR do you plan to shift it over to a different set of 400 beta testers?

2. I notice the battle site has said "zOMG! it's finally here!" I know it's been up there since like February this year or so but I find it's kind of misleading or confusing... is this in reference to the beta being out and tested upon or is this not the official site?

Thanks for your time and sorry if these questions had been previously answered

Draco the Dog of War
the zOMG it's finally here! refers to the mmo's webpage being updated as in the webpage update is finally here, not the mmo or the beta. At lest that is my understanding.

Qixter
Draco is correct.
And this is the FIRST of many waves of testers. We'll just keep adding more, and more, and more...and then launch once we're happy with the mass of seething humanity confined within our virtual empire of server boxes.

So who knows maybe all who applied get to try it sooner then the rest of Gaia. So if you applied and you've not received a PM yet you may be one of the lucky ones to be part of the next wave of beta battle testers.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:23 am
First wave of Beta Testers have been notified...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=view&post_id=21592951&u=7109982

Don't worry though as indicated before there will be more waves of Beta Testers so who knows maybe if not PMed this round you'll get one the next round.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:13 pm
They finally settled on a name today. zOMG I think is what they decided on.  

Lightwater2520

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:17 pm
7/23/08 The official Gaia Battle name is revealed

Thanks for the update Lightwater 3nodding

I asked Qixter on his profile about the name being on the site for the past few months:

Qixter, did you kind of let the cat out of the bag with the update you did months ago "zOMG! It's finally here" or am I reading too much into this and it's just a coincidence?

Qixter
Yes, the phrase on the info site was intentionally doing the Edgar Allen Poe "Purloined Letter" trick of putting it out there in plain sight for you to ignore. Our Marketing folks love that stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:25 am
The latest journal entries are about Beta Testing and what they've been trying to test and what happened currently.

Also announced in his journal entry was when the next wave of PMs are going to be sent out.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm
I took a look at Lanzer`s journal today and it indicated that they shown some more screen shots at Otakon and that they're putting things on the back burner so that they can get zOMG! out sooner.
I did a search and came across this topic:
zOMG (NEW) MONSTERS AND ITEMS AND SCREENSHOTS (COME LOOK)

I found that this site has more on zOMG!'s storyline and this was referenced in the previous topic.
appscout.com  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:36 pm
All I know is, I'm looking forward to the sandcastle golem.  

Lightwater2520

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm
Oh, wow! Thanks so much for the topic link, Pixel.
And you have to love the fluffs. I mean seriously,
they're the cutest enemies ever.

I'm amused by a particular set of rings. A Gaian's
able to become a pirate, ninja, medic.. or a chef?
lol Gawd, I love Gaia. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 pm
Lanzer at first was toying with the idea that our stats would be affected depending on what we wear. Alas this would be an unfair advantage to those who are new to Gaia. Plus using the ring system you wouldn't have to worry about what you're wearing and you can have stats 3nodding  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bartons Hero

Distinct Noob

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 pm
thats pretty cool  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:17 pm
The main reason that the team kept away from clothing- related
statistics is because this is one of the many ways that we're able
to express ourselves.

And it's no fun to see your fellow path- mates looking the same
as a new- comer, who created their character the other day.  

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 pm
09/01/08 The zOMG! site has moved here (if you look under games you'll see "zOMG!")

I know it's not a big update but I bet it's something you guys may not have come across.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 am
*jumps up and does a li'l dance* If you've applied to be
a beta- tester, you're in. We'll be visiting a train station
and then onward, to Barton Town.

*wipes away an imaginary tear*
..oh, how I've dreamed of this day.

Confirmation for this round of testing shall be arriving
soon, so you can wear armor with pride. Go Gaia! smile  

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]