Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Intermission comic #25 is here!

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3880/comic25rw4.png

So yeah, you look at that and you tell me that doesn't freak you out. It freaked me out when I was scrolling down and didn't expect it, and I'm the one that drew it. I think the Super Saiyan hair can make for an interesting bad guy, and accomplish things that the other bad guys can't. I already have ideas drawn up for him, so expect him to be back in a future comic!

Comic #26 is coming along nicely, and should be coming this Monday, of course. Ah, and I got that tablet, but I still need a little time getting used to it. I'm already using it to make #26, but don't raise your expectations about how it'll look, it's still the same ole' silly-looking comic. biggrin

Happy Turkey Day, everybody!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:35 pm
This comic could use a "DUN DUN DUUUUN"  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:56 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
This comic could use a "DUN DUN DUUUUN"
we miss you, come back please.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm
Huzzah! Comic #26 has arrived!

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/9792/comic26xz7.png

My longest comic so far, with 22 frames. It seems like I keep trying to outdo myself. It also has a very important message: Don't trust vacuum cleaners because they will shrink you and pull you into a strange, vacuum-y world. More importantly, another minor character debuts, and I decided one frame was not enough for Toad, so he'll be with them FOREVER. Or not. What's going to happen to our brave heroes now? Why did Boo show up? And will those clouds ever get along?! Find out next time on another exciting episode of Dragon B--Super Antoshio Bros!

In other news, due to popular demand, comic #25 has been successfully "Dun dun dunnnnn"ed.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1516/comic25ox5.png

Thanks to you fans that suggested it (all two of you!), I was really in a bind as to how to break the creepy seriousness of #25, and the only thing I came up with was "give him little stick arms and legs."

Also, if you notice the first post of this thread, the comics have now been broken into "Chapters." Chapter 1 ends with comic #25, and comic #26 begins Chapter 2. Just thought I'd add a little something extra. There's also no Sneek Preview since I'm still on the drawing board (not really) on what I want to do with 27. Wow, 27! Another milestone, here we come! And I hope you'll be back again when it happens! So long everybody!  

Antoshi

Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm
X_X I'm sorry but the clouds are really distracting...

And a job well DUN wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:13 pm
The clouds were awesome.  

What the Pho

Antoshi

Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm
Well, comic #27 is indeed gearing up for release! Unfortunately, not this week. So sorry! D:

#27 is looking to be my longest and most complex one so far, so a little more time shall be necessary until it's done! Thanks for all your replies so far, see you later!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:35 pm
D=  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Antoshi

Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:44 pm
Oh, I forgot, in the meantime, I offer this! http://antoshi.radicalwhale.net/sleepytoshi.gif  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm
Awwwwwwww...  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Antoshi

Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 am
After forever, Comic 27 is finally here!

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6691/comic27zz9.png (Animation down below, read story first plz)
Sneek Preview of #28 - http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6379/sneekvh9.png

Sigh. Now for the story.

I had said before that this was going to be my longest and most complex comic yet. Well, it turned out to be the longest, and the complexity was so high that I was unable to finish it the way I wanted to. The idea was that I was going to have animation (with music) in this comic. I used ImageReady (Photoshop's sister program for animation), using the comic after every frame and changing the animation from frame to frame. Well, it became so long that when I went to save it, it was a file so large it froze ImageReady. So instead I tried to do a separate animation (with music) with JUST the frame the animation was taking place in and release a still frame comic, which is the version out now. It turned out to be over 400 frames in ImageReady and, once again, was so large that it was unable to save. I used a program called FreeRAM XP to monitor the RAM while saving, and apparently IR needed over 600 MB of RAM just to process saving this animation. Needless to say, I didn't have enough, having only 1 GB of max RAM, so it just froze. I managed to save ONE animation, but unfortunately it's not synching up with the music like I wanted. I tried to put the GIF in Windows Movie Maker and thought that I could shrink the animation to fit the music. That didn't work, I could only clip it. So, I tried a sneaky solution: saving it with a faster animation then re-loading it and trying to stretch it out so it synchs. That didn't work either, so I had to just edit what I had and synch it with the music in WMM. The end result... finally, it's done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0X30Omuc_M

I swear to you, that this was such an incredible pain in the BUTT that I have no intentions of doing it again any time soon unless I can find some kind of easier way of doing it. Maybe Flash, but I don't know how that works. Regardless, I couldn't be more happy to see it's finally done, and I went through far too much trouble to come up with a simple solution of using Windows Movie Maker. I spent hours of watching the computer freeze up trying to save this thing, and it's really something I want to put behind me. D:

Oh right, I should actually explain the animation as well. This is, from what I know, a fad running around the Nico Nico Douga website, entitled ☆Get Down☆, the song being a clip from "Promise" by Kohmi Hirose.

"As far as I can gather from Youtube, the fad started when someone on niconico with a faulty GoldenEye 64 cartridge uploaded a video of the enemies randomly contorting (like models in 3d games are wont to do when someone tampers with the programming) and someone else put the music under it."

^ That. Once again, I have to give a gigantic thanks to my friend KirbY (yes, the invisible guy in the comic) for showing me this hilarious fad as well as letting me use the character sheet for his own ☆Get Down☆ animation which I shamelessly copied almost exactly.

THAT ALL being said, I feel it's time for another break from comic-makin'. I know it comes on the heels of a two week, one comic thing but honestly, I've been itching to turn my focus to a couple other (nameless) projects I'm working on, and this whole animation runaround has mentally exhausted me. So yeah, I'm still going to be around, and I of course have plenty more ideas in the works, so don't be TOO disappointed. razz

Lastly, I have my own subdomain on one of my friend's websites. I suppose you could call it a second comic hosting site, but I could also stop being lazy and use it as a blog. http://antoshi.radicalwhale.net/

I guess that's it for now then. See ya!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:35 am
I lul'd at all the awesome faces! xd

And after reading the comic and tehen watching the dace in motion, It was just that more funnier!

Good job!  

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:03 pm
That dance is awesome =D
And the comic is really funny. You're on a roll!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:26 am
Hello all! It's Christmas Eve here, but in some places it's already Christmas Day! Because of that, I decided now would be a good time to release my Christmas present to all of you!

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4417/christmas2mz3.jpg

Yes, I realize there was no comic on Monday. If you remember, I'm taking a little break. So, instead, I decided to make a happy holiday wallpaper for all to enjoy! The dimensions are 1280x960, my largest wallpaper yet! For anyone with a screen resolution smaller than that, it should have better quality that usual. :O

As you can see this was not made in Paint, I found a new program called "Alias Sketch Book" which lets me flash back to my "beginnings" as a sketch artist. I'm extremely bad with inking (too much wobblin') so I didn't do that here. Regardless, I think it looks better than normal, without the thick blockiness of Paint outlining the images. Could this be the new face of Super Antoshio Bros?! That's what I'd like you to tell me!

http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/520945-127800

Go ahead and vote now! :3

Oh, and one more thing I always seem to forget. Yoshi (kirby54321) is a good friend of Kirby (KirbyM). Every so often he wants to know what Kirby is doing by asking "Kirby, what are you doing now?" I decided to make that recurring theme in my comics since Yoshi hadn't really done anything. I meant to mention that when comic #20 was released, but I forgot. So sue me. o-o;

Anyway, that's it for now. I just want to wish everyone at Nintendo Cult a Merry Christmas! See ya!  

Antoshi

Perfect Noob

3,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Looking good! I voted for sketch book.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items