Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikeriko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 am
Hello!
I'm Hikeriko, or Keri, wich ever you perfer. I'm an avid reader, and baddel in writing every now and again. Although none of my stories/books go past three chapters.
I've been looking for a good book guild for a while now, and this one seems perfect. And the writing part is a wonderful added bonus. =D
It's nice to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 am
Hikeriko
Although none of my stories/books go past three chapters.

Oh, I do know that feeling. Don't you just hate it?  

irock708

Audini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:27 pm
Hi everybody! I am (guess what!) an avid reader and writer except I had the brilliant idea to take an AP class so I have very little time now... but anyway... I'm in the middle of a novel that I'm trying to motivate myself to finish... (that should be interesting) and I write a lot of poetry, especially when I'm sad or angry that I want feedback on.

As far as books go... well, I've got more favorites than fingers and toes combined. Some of these are listed on my profile... I think...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:44 pm
-bows-

Hello all, I am Suoronos. You can call me Su or Taylor, whatever suits your fancy. As long as I know your post is directed at me, I'll respond.

I am sixteen and I am a juniour in high school. I've begun many, many novels, but most have only been finished in my head. I have one that's been finished, and I'll get around to editing the manuscript when the hockey season ends and I am not required to get up at four in the morning anymore. [You try writing after four hours of sleep. Straaaange things happen.]

Even though I am a novelist, I don't really have much hope for getting one published. Too cliche for me. I'd rather do something else with my writing talents. Everyone and their brother is a novelist these days:/ I should edit this. It was late when I posted, and I had little clue what I was saying. I actually have no idea what I want to do with my writing skills.

I am also not a poet whatsoever. I'm decent at writing them, but I hate it. It's like pulling teeth. I don't enjoy writing them, and I hate them and delete them when I'm done. I'd much rather write a story about my emotions instead. It's just the way I am -shrug- Also, I am not a short story author. I cannot write anything shorter than ten chapters. For one reason or another, I am simply incapable. Don't ask me why; I have no clue myself.

[Despite my dislike for writing poems and my inability to write short stories, I like reading both. I will happily constructively criticise either.]

My current read is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and you'll find me praising the book's glories everywhere. Rand's writing style transcends me, and I find my writing reaches a whole new level when I read her stuff. I am also a huge fan of The Dark Tower series by Steven King. Amazing stuff, I say.

Well that's a lot to ingest, so I'll stop there... I suppose I should end this by saying that I believe I'll enjoy it here, and I look forward to future encounters with you all :3

[PS: I post in size ten. I tend to post text walls, and the smaller size makes them seem less, well... insurmountable, I suppose xD If you have a problem with the size, feel free to let me know. I am aware that some people do.]

Suoronos

Suzaku No Miko sama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 pm
Hell everyone, I am new! Call me Miko, or Mo, whichever you prefer...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:05 pm
Music hath charms to soothe a savage beast...

-bounds into thread-

Hey all~! I'm Mythical Illusion (Mythy for short, or you can call me Calley. -winks- Whatever suits your fancy)

I am currently a thirteen year old girl living in Oklahoma. I'm an eighth grader in Middle School (soon to be 9th in HS) and let's just say, I put my hobbies before work. wink

I don't really know what else to say, so I'll just leave it at this.

Oh! If you have any good books you'd like to recommend, PM ME~! <3

~Mythy~

...To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.

iMythy

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:11 am
Hi all! I'm themadwriter, you can call me TMW. I'm a college student who doesn't have much time for fun things, but when I do I try to read and write. I like writing poetry, fantasy, and every once in a while a fanfic. Thanks to penandpaper for inviting me to this guild. I will try to be active.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
'Ello all :]. You can call me Mizu. I both read and write quite a bit. I'm currently reading Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite [it's fantastic] and writing a book called From Dusk To Dawn ^^  

Haruko Tachibana

Tuonetar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:59 am
Hello there, I'm Tuonetar. :3

I'm sixteen and a junior in high school. I go through books like cigarettes and am very into poetry and creative writing. I think that's all that's really relevent to say right now. I like meeting new people and I look forward to getting to know you all. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:28 am
This guild is awesome! ^_^  

ishballan-girl

Tsuki_Hana_Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:39 pm
Hi everyone! I love to read and write though I don't do enough of either. Right now I'm trying to write a novel. It's not coming along that well. I don't have enough time. Oh well. I'll finish it eventually. You'll probably never see any writing of mine on here since I can't stand people reading my stuff. I don't know how I'll ever get anything published but oh well.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm
Hi! My name is Zabrina, I love to read and write! I mostly like to read. Everytime I read a book I get really addicted. I can't stop reading the book. The more I read the more I get ideas for story writing... biggrin  

xoxaravisxox

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:39 am
Hello, I'm WriterForLife but you guys can just call me Rayne. I love reading and writing both and plan on making a career out of my writing. I'm currently working on a paranormal novel titled Midnight Shadow. If you would like a summary just let me know and I will post one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:06 am
Hi, I'm Islua and I love to read. Some books I have been reading are "Spindle's End" a retelling of Briar Rose-the one with a spinning wheel. I have also been reading "The Bar Code Tattoo", the "Uglies", "Pretties", "Specials" and "Extras".  

Islua

Completely Obvious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:04 pm
Hello. ^_^

I like reading a lot, and I have two stories that are sort of at a stand still. I don't have too much of a preference when it comes to genres of books, anything that seems interesting I guess. I'm better at poetry, and you'd probably see me if you went to the Op/l.

Hearts for all.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces