Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Know what's fun in the RE games? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gah, damn that RE Remake and its tricky puzzles.
  I know, I know
  Your just not good at those games! D<
View Results

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:56 pm
NotteRequiem
Geckou Rei

It's not that RE4 is boring, it's just that your dead inside.

This is borderline flaming. You have been warned. Deliberately insult another like that again, and I doubt you'll be here much longer.

Keep in mind that stating and defending your opinion is NOT the same as flaming someone.

stare I'm shaking in my little booties.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:00 pm
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Really. You can even buy First Aid Sprays from the Merchant for cryin' out loud. I mean, wtf kind of game calls itself survival horror then gives you the opportunity to buy healing items for practically no money at all, and a freakin' rocket launcher at the very first "shop"? You just can't do that and be survival horror. It's against the rules. RE4 is an action game. Just so you know, I don't hate RE4 by any means, btw. I just really hate the fact that they had the balls to name it "Resident Evil". It hurts me on the inside to know they forever stained the beautiful name...

Geckou Rei
I've been playing this game for quite a while. I've already completed everything other than unlocking Ada in "the Mercenaries" and complete pro mode. I'm at the end though.

Pro mode is very difficult. You CANNOT say that its not. I've been playing RE and actions games for years, I wouldn't say it's difficult if it wasn't.

Guess what? I've been playing the game since it came out. I unlocked everything within the month. The month. Easy.

Pro mode was not hard. I CAN say that it isn't. I've been playing RE for only 3 or 4 years, and I've been playing action games since I was 2 (that doesn't mean I knew what the hell I was doing, but I was playing them. Albeit badly. xd ). 13 years of games under my belt, I'd say it's easy and people would do well to listen. I know my games. I especially know my RE.

Edit: "The producer of the game has stated Resident Evil 5 has been pushed back to some time in 2009." -Capcom

You msut have like no life then. or your playing the easy cheesy gamecube version. [kool, I was playing games since I was 2, too! I remember my first game was some stupid x-men game. my dad was a total comic-fanatic so he bought it ] I din't know I was debating with a 14 year old >< I'm 16. just so you know. I know my RE better! =P I don't knwo that for sure but I firstp layed RE when I was 3 and have been ever since so I'm pretty sure I know my RE. Ya RE is easy. but it's still scary.

and I don't know where you got the quote, but I asked officials recently, like I said before and they stated it's still to be announced. And If you check the Capcom website it says that Resident Evil 5 is still TBA.

Guess what, I've been gaming for 20 ******** years! So drop that subject.
Another thing, age means nothing if the two people are mature enough not to bring it up, or even factor it in. So your response is just stupid as hell. I played RE when it first game on in 96. And I was old enough to understand it.

So wait, you are actually in contact with the people over in Japan creating the game? Please, introduce me. Here goes nothing. We are already mid-way through February 2008. Most games that have a release date as TBA will more than likely not hit shelves until 2009. Why? Because a high scale game, would atleast give a planned release date and then delay if necessary. It'd be to build up hype for the game. And so far, no people have previewed the game yet, so the chances that it will come out in 2008 are slim.  

Elliot Salem

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:05 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Really. You can even buy First Aid Sprays from the Merchant for cryin' out loud. I mean, wtf kind of game calls itself survival horror then gives you the opportunity to buy healing items for practically no money at all, and a freakin' rocket launcher at the very first "shop"? You just can't do that and be survival horror. It's against the rules. RE4 is an action game. Just so you know, I don't hate RE4 by any means, btw. I just really hate the fact that they had the balls to name it "Resident Evil". It hurts me on the inside to know they forever stained the beautiful name...

Geckou Rei
I've been playing this game for quite a while. I've already completed everything other than unlocking Ada in "the Mercenaries" and complete pro mode. I'm at the end though.

Pro mode is very difficult. You CANNOT say that its not. I've been playing RE and actions games for years, I wouldn't say it's difficult if it wasn't.

Guess what? I've been playing the game since it came out. I unlocked everything within the month. The month. Easy.

Pro mode was not hard. I CAN say that it isn't. I've been playing RE for only 3 or 4 years, and I've been playing action games since I was 2 (that doesn't mean I knew what the hell I was doing, but I was playing them. Albeit badly. xd ). 13 years of games under my belt, I'd say it's easy and people would do well to listen. I know my games. I especially know my RE.

Edit: "The producer of the game has stated Resident Evil 5 has been pushed back to some time in 2009." -Capcom

You msut have like no life then. or your playing the easy cheesy gamecube version. [kool, I was playing games since I was 2, too! I remember my first game was some stupid x-men game. my dad was a total comic-fanatic so he bought it ] I din't know I was debating with a 14 year old >< I'm 16. just so you know. I know my RE better! =P I don't knwo that for sure but I firstp layed RE when I was 3 and have been ever since so I'm pretty sure I know my RE. Ya RE is easy. but it's still scary.

and I don't know where you got the quote, but I asked officials recently, like I said before and they stated it's still to be announced. And If you check the Capcom website it says that Resident Evil 5 is still TBA.

Another thing, age means nothing if the two people are mature enough not to bring it up, or even factor it in. So your response is just stupid as hell. I played RE when it first game on in 96. And I was old enough to understand it.

So wait, you are actually in contact with the people over in Japan creating the game? Please, introduce me. Here goes nothing. We are already mid-way through February 2008. Most games that have a release date as TBA will more than likely not hit shelves until 2009. Why? Because a high scale game, would atleast give a planned release date and then delay if necessary. It'd be to build up hype for the game. And so far, no people have previewed the game yet, so the chances that it will come out in 2008 are slim.

um officials aren't limited to the game creators [duh]
I only said my age because the other guy mentioned it. So my response isn't stupid, it's just a reply. and ya, we were all old enough to understand it in 96. an the people who "im in contact with" talk publicly with peeps to inform them with this stuff. Have you ever watched G4? They are ALL OVER this stuff. You can ask them any question, and they can get you the answer, if there is an answer. They're lives are wrapped around these things.

and what your saying about 09 is SOLELY an assumption. I want facts. Assumptions mean nothing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Vankala
Okay, 1) You can't call a game that's not even scary 'survival horror'. Sure it may make you jump the time you play it, but as far as it being 'creepy' or 'scary', it just doesn't come close. You know exactly where the enemies are and once you kill all of the enemies in a certain area, well, you know you did b/c the music changes. In the other games, you still wonder if there's another enemy right around the corner or not.
2) It can't be 'survival horror' b/c you have way too much health and ammo, and even if you didn't you can get it really easily. In the past RE games, you had to conserve ammo as well as herbs/first aid sprays, cuz niether were easy to come by. Put simply, you had to really try to "survive". In RE4, surviving the game requires hardly any effort at all.

Thats not true. If a game makes you jump from time to time, than yes, it IS scary, what you said is kind of contradictory.

and in other RE games, you never had to conserve health. there was plenty of it. everywhere. And you only ran out of ammo if you never use your knife.

and surviving does take a lot of effort in RE4. a game takes no effort when you can beat it without saving and without dieing. for example-- the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, REmake, and other games. But that doesn't mean it's not scary. It just means its easy, or.. that i'm naturally good at these things. ^^ but RE4 on the other hand is NOT easy.

No. Gears of War gave me a few jumps here and there, as did, I can't really believe I'm gonna say this, but so did Turok (Both new and old) but does that make them Horror games? No.

Actually, you had to. In about three hits, you'd be dead. That changed with enemies, especially ones that POISONED you.

In RE4 it takes NO EFFORT. "%^$# I'm low on health. Look, a merchant. *Purchase First Aid Spray* Much better. Wait, you brought up saving. Okay, does going through Pro without saving or dying (Except at the first part of the game. The damned boulder always got me) in about 2 hours and 42 minutes and 41 seconds. I was timing it.

I think with each one of your comments, a brain cell dies. And with each mention of how easy the other REs were and how hard RE4 is, I think I get the urge to go on a (ZOMBIE) killing spree. That or just play COD4.

I like it how you think your right. if your smart enough to not get hit in a Resident Evil game from poison enemies than you dont need any blue herbs. It's not that hard. [or maybe it is..... for you.]

The merchant guy(s) weren't EVERYWHERE. Maybe there were towards the begining. But not towards the end. (with the exception of being right outside the final boss) and you're not able to buy any F.aid Sprays if you have 2 health items.

and I must say that I've never once died from the 2 boulders you have to run from. But I guess it's okay if you did before getting your reflexes up.

I don't think I'm right. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was talking to the ******** GOD of Resident Evil games. Two flames in one post!? I really want to ban you right now, but I'll leave that for Bio to decide.

Wait, but according to you RE4 on Pro is so hard that you'd have to use all your herbs to heal yourself. So then you'd still be able to buy them.

It's actually one boulder, and it's because I ******** hate the 'Interactive' cutscenes. But I only die from it once, and then I get past it.

As for the DR part, it's optional to do that. So it's not a part of the storyline.  

Elliot Salem

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Vankala
Okay, 1) You can't call a game that's not even scary 'survival horror'. Sure it may make you jump the time you play it, but as far as it being 'creepy' or 'scary', it just doesn't come close. You know exactly where the enemies are and once you kill all of the enemies in a certain area, well, you know you did b/c the music changes. In the other games, you still wonder if there's another enemy right around the corner or not.
2) It can't be 'survival horror' b/c you have way too much health and ammo, and even if you didn't you can get it really easily. In the past RE games, you had to conserve ammo as well as herbs/first aid sprays, cuz niether were easy to come by. Put simply, you had to really try to "survive". In RE4, surviving the game requires hardly any effort at all.

Thats not true. If a game makes you jump from time to time, than yes, it IS scary, what you said is kind of contradictory.

and in other RE games, you never had to conserve health. there was plenty of it. everywhere. And you only ran out of ammo if you never use your knife.

and surviving does take a lot of effort in RE4. a game takes no effort when you can beat it without saving and without dieing. for example-- the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, REmake, and other games. But that doesn't mean it's not scary. It just means its easy, or.. that i'm naturally good at these things. ^^ but RE4 on the other hand is NOT easy.

No. Gears of War gave me a few jumps here and there, as did, I can't really believe I'm gonna say this, but so did Turok (Both new and old) but does that make them Horror games? No.

Actually, you had to. In about three hits, you'd be dead. That changed with enemies, especially ones that POISONED you.

In RE4 it takes NO EFFORT. "%^$# I'm low on health. Look, a merchant. *Purchase First Aid Spray* Much better. Wait, you brought up saving. Okay, does going through Pro without saving or dying (Except at the first part of the game. The damned boulder always got me) in about 2 hours and 42 minutes and 41 seconds. I was timing it.

I think with each one of your comments, a brain cell dies. And with each mention of how easy the other REs were and how hard RE4 is, I think I get the urge to go on a (ZOMBIE) killing spree. That or just play COD4.

I like it how you think your right. if your smart enough to not get hit in a Resident Evil game from poison enemies than you dont need any blue herbs. It's not that hard. [or maybe it is..... for you.]

The merchant guy(s) weren't EVERYWHERE. Maybe there were towards the begining. But not towards the end. (with the exception of being right outside the final boss) and you're not able to buy any F.aid Sprays if you have 2 health items.

and I must say that I've never once died from the 2 boulders you have to run from. But I guess it's okay if you did before getting your reflexes up.

I don't think I'm right. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was talking to the ******** GOD of Resident Evil games. Two flames in one post!? I really want to ban you right now, but I'll leave that for Bio to decide.

Wait, but according to you RE4 on Pro is so hard that you'd have to use all your herbs to heal yourself. So then you'd still be able to buy them.

It's actually one boulder, and it's because I ******** hate the 'Interactive' cutscenes. But I only die from it once, and then I get past it.

As for the DR part, it's optional to do that. So it's not a part of the storyline.

That wasn't a flame, I was actually just saying that I understood why you were dieing. Please learn to notice the difference between these things.

and you only use your heals in the places that really matter. those long boss fights that are very difficult and theres no merchant to run away to so you can go get more heals. You have about 2, 3 if your lucky, heals per boss fight. You die in 2-3 hits. most of the time your going to usee all of those health items. So you CAN'T just go back and get heals from the merchant.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall

Geckou Rei

I only said my age because the other guy mentioned it. So my response isn't stupid, it's just a reply. and ya, we were all old enough to understand it in 96. an the people who "im in contact with" talk publicly with peeps to inform them with this stuff. Have you ever watched G4? They are ALL OVER this stuff. You can ask them any question, and they can get you the answer, if there is an answer. They're lives are wrapped around these things.

and what your saying about 09 is SOLELY an assumption. I want facts. Assumptions mean nothing.

So because they do stuff involving games means they are automatically right? So anyone at Gamestop would know this stuff do?

Um, I'm talking about being able to understand it when it First came out. according to you, you were around 3. So, it's safe to assume you're some kind of super genius baby? And they aren't all over the stuff. If they were, there'd be a non-stop 24 hour show of people constantly telling you about every game update.  

Elliot Salem

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Vankala

That wasn't a flame, I was actually just saying that I understood why you were dieing. Please learn to notice the difference between these things.

and you only use your heals in the places that really matter. those long boss fights that are very difficult and theres no merchant to run away to so you can go get more heals. You have about 2, 3 if your lucky, heals per boss fight. You die in 2-3 hits. most of the time your going to usee all of those health items. So you CAN'T just go back and get heals from the merchant.

Actually, it is a flame. Not a direct in the face "******** you, f*****t" flame, but a very loose hidden you are stupid flame.

Than that makes the game EASY. If you don't have to use any heal items outside a boss fight (Which you have to use constantly in the old RE games) than the game is easy. Hard would be, you search constantly as you're weak and about to die for that one herb that'll keep you from dying.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:19 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall

Geckou Rei

So because they do stuff involving games means they are automatically right? So anyone at Gamestop would know this stuff do?

Um, I'm talking about being able to understand it when it First came out. according to you, you were around 3. So, it's safe to assume you're some kind of super genius baby? And they aren't all over the stuff. If they were, there'd be a non-stop 24 hour show of people constantly telling you about every game update.

Gamestop basically sells stuff. They don't get involved in every little thing they can't that has to do with gaming. and yes I know that you meant when it first came out.

and actually they sort of do have somehting like a 24-hour thing. It's called the feed. They play it during shows, and commercials to keep you updated with everything gaming and tech. and new things don't happen every 5 seconds, so they only need to do a new feed thing once or twice every day. which is what they do.

I said, I am 16 years old now. I was about 5 1/2 give or take a little when the original RE came out, so ofcourse I would be able to understand it. So I wasn't a baby anymore.  

Geckou Rei

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:22 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem

Actually, it is a flame. Not a direct in the face "******** you, f*****t" flame, but a very loose hidden you are stupid flame.

Than that makes the game EASY. If you don't have to use any heal items outside a boss fight (Which you have to use constantly in the old RE games) than the game is easy. Hard would be, you search constantly as you're weak and about to die for that one herb that'll keep you from dying.

what ever you have to tell your self, I think I would know If I was flaming you.

But thats exactly what makes the game hard is the boss fights. The yare pretty frequent. I do miss the search for that last herb that would occur in the first Resident Evil, (I also had this problem in Outbreak...) but just because that one aspect of the game is missing from RE4 doesn't mean it's easy.

I'd continue to debate but it's 10:30 and I ahve homework to finish so i will take my leave for now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:25 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei

Gamestop basically sells stuff. They don't get involved in every little thing they can't that has to do with gaming. and yes I know that you meant when it first came out.

and actually they sort of do have somehting like a 24-hour thing. It's called the feed. They play it during shows, and commercials to keep you updated with everything gaming and tech. and new things don't happen every 5 seconds, so they only need to do a new feed thing once or twice every day. which is what they do.

I said, I am 16 years old now. I was about 5 1/2 give or take a little when the original RE came out, so ofcourse I would be able to understand it. So I wasn't a baby anymore.

Believe it or not, with as many games as they are coming out with, they update things alot more often than once or twice a day. But maybe G4 just doesn't care too much about games and only go for games they choose to go for.
As for Gamestop, they aren't as involved as keeping news and updates posted, but they are still informed of several things. if not, they wouldn't be successful because lets face it, if they are wrong they could lose busness and that's a bad thing to them.
Actually, you would've been around 4 or so. So not fully able to understand the full story.  

Elliot Salem

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:31 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem

what ever you have to tell your self, I think I would know If I was flaming you.

But thats exactly what makes the game hard is the boss fights. The yare pretty frequent. I do miss the search for that last herb that would occur in the first Resident Evil, (I also had this problem in Outbreak...) but just because that one aspect of the game is missing from RE4 doesn't mean it's easy.

I'd continue to debate but it's 10:30 and I ahve homework to finish so i will take my leave for now.

Alls I'm saying is that everyone has a different perception of flaming. Including the real Mods of Gaia. so even telling someone to be quiet can be seen as flaming.

They aren't really that frequent. I mean let's see, there's Del Lago ( or however the hell you spell it) El Gigante, Saddler, the Village Chief, IT Vertigo, Salazar and Krauser. That's not really too much. And plus, the spread it out so much you can get several herbs, and make the thing like a First Aid Spray. But you'd still have enough health to find more to heal yourself and then some. I had a problem like that in Outbreak to, so I'd steal from the AIs.

You should never put off homework, it can be a real b***h if you don't do it. But why so late?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 am
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei

Believe it or not, with as many games as they are coming out with, they update things alot more often than once or twice a day. But maybe G4 just doesn't care too much about games and only go for games they choose to go for.
As for Gamestop, they aren't as involved as keeping news and updates posted, but they are still informed of several things. if not, they wouldn't be successful because lets face it, if they are wrong they could lose busness and that's a bad thing to them.
Actually, you would've been around 4 or so. So not fully able to understand the full story.

i was born in 1991, which means in 92' i was 1, 93' i was 2 94' I was 3 95' I was 4 and 96 I was 5. My birthday is not far from the end of the year which means I would be 5. not 4. =P

and I don't know if it's just the gamestop I went to or if it's all the gamestops, but I went to a gamestop and asked to buy a memory card for the 360 and they didn't even know the 360 HAD memory cards. Which is why gamestop disapoints me.  

Geckou Rei

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:33 am
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem

Alls I'm saying is that everyone has a different perception of flaming. Including the real Mods of Gaia. so even telling someone to be quiet can be seen as flaming.

They aren't really that frequent. I mean let's see, there's Del Lago ( or however the hell you spell it) El Gigante, Saddler, the Village Chief, IT Vertigo, Salazar and Krauser. That's not really too much. And plus, the spread it out so much you can get several herbs, and make the thing like a First Aid Spray. But you'd still have enough health to find more to heal yourself and then some. I had a problem like that in Outbreak to, so I'd steal from the AIs.

You should never put off homework, it can be a real b***h if you don't do it. But why so late?

I guess your right.

I ahte how the AI's would put down some of the best stuff for some stupid Item, like I had Cindy put down her only weapon, a handgun for a red herb and she decided that even though she doesnt have the handgun she should keep the ammo for it. and we all know that AI's arer useless witout a weapon... at least for the most part. And for some reason she didn't even mix the red herb with anything or put it in her herb case. Maybe she just liked how it looked by it self. >> << >>  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 am
oh, and I always do my homework at 10:30. I decided to set a time for homework and 10:30 seemed good. It gives me all the time I need to do it.  

Geckou Rei

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:46 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei

i was born in 1991, which means in 92' i was 1, 93' i was 2 94' I was 3 95' I was 4 and 96 I was 5. My birthday is not far from the end of the year which means I would be 5. not 4. =P

and I don't know if it's just the gamestop I went to or if it's all the gamestops, but I went to a gamestop and asked to buy a memory card for the 360 and they didn't even know the 360 HAD memory cards. Which is why gamestop disapoints me.

What I mean is within a week or so of release Give or take a day. Which came out in March of 96. So, if your birthday isn't far from the end of the year (Roughly October - December. Maybe even September) than you'd be 4, maybe 4 1/2 when you first played it.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff