Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SAILOR MOON COMING BACK IN 2009 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 pm
Sailor_Leona
sosnoel
scream USODA! (translated: It's a lie!)

heart That would be sugoi (translated: awesome) but not likely

Sailor Moon was stopped a long time ago and you can't trust rumors on YouTube

+ there's also reasons why they shouldn't do it

For example:

It might not compare to the before seasons
It's been a while since Naoko made Sailor Moon
Naoko now has a family to think about
Naoko has other works

And then there's the fact that they didn't even show the fifth season in America because it was more mature and the Japanese are less strict about watching mature stuffs than us peoples over here sad

Why use a word just to translate it?

As for "Naoko has a family to think about", allowing Sailor Moon to air again would be good for her and her family, at least financially. I mean, she's probably got plenty of money from before so long as she had sense to save and not go nuts, but re-releasing Sailor Moon and having merchandise made again would mean financial security for her and her family for a long time to come, and nobody can say that they don't want financial security.

That's not how it works when you have other works to finish. Reopening something that big could take up the time she would spend with her family and I for one wouldn't even wish that on someone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm
I HAVE IT!!!

Okay. I watched that youtube vid talking about it. For one, that looks to be someone's attempt at flash art. Fine, more power to him but it's not Sailor Moon.
I tracked down some reasons this may be getting out of hand thanks to Google. I stopped at the first thousand *brain hurts burning_eyes *
There were several forums and blogs that said the same thing "Sailormoon's coming back in 2009!!". No confirmation, no exterior links, no proof.
Further in, I found a blog that sent me to what may have unintentionally played this as true
Naoko Says...
That was posted by Naoko New years Day of this year.
Looks like a line of hope at first. But when I continued reading the blog a)this has nothing to do with Sailor Moon, it's just her art. b) here was the proof offered to that thanks to the website she sited "MoonKitty.net"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Something else lost in translation comes from a Spanish youtube video. It truly looks like Cartoon Network is going to reair Sailormoon, but after internet translation of Spanish, I find, this is quite not so.

The title is Feliz dia de los santos inocentes ! 28/12/08 which is "Happy Birthday to the Holy Innocent" i.e. our April Fools. Really nothing to do with Sailormoon. Well in it's description is Cartoon network transmitira sailor moon en 2009 , a festejar!!!! which equals "Cartoon network is going to show sailor moon again in 2009 ! be happy!" At the very end of the vid it says underneath a CN logo Macemos lo quo Queremos which from what I can tell is "We bruise it, and we want it." In other words, we ******** it up, but now we want it back. This is translated more from Mexican than Spanish, which is actually different in ways. A post that was obviously from someone who could understand it off the bat was mmmmmmmm .. que mal !
me asustastee !
yo tire la casa por la ventana que digamos !
por la emociooon !
yo crei que iba a dar !
y es mentira !

which becomes...
"mmmmmmmm .. that bad!
[asustastee] me!
I throw the house by the window to say!
by [emociooon]!
I thought it[Sailor Moon] was going to be back!
and is a lie!"

The whole thing contradicts itself because....IT'S A JOKE!!!! scream

If someone were to watch it and see the "2009" at the end and the CN logo without reading/translating any of the words or comments, then they could believe that Sailormoon was coming back if only just to CN Espanol, and make a ruckus all over the damn internet.

Sorry if I'm treading on anyone's dreams, but better not to get your hopes up. If you want Sailormoon, stick to Korean bootlegs and BitTorrents. There's more reliability in those, unfortunately crying  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

lyricalstar

1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:58 pm
So, basically its not coming back.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:54 am
I don't see how it could, because they've already made the seasons for all the arcs of the manga. Unless Naoko Takeuchi writes more Sailor Moon manga, they don't have any more episodes to make.  

NorthEastFire

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:05 am
lyricalstar
So, basically its not coming back.

yes emo  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
It would be so neat if they brought it back, but I doubt its actually going to happen. I don't trust Youtube for advice on what's coming out. Rumors are too easily started. But I hope it is true. Due to the fact becasuse I love Sailor Moon and it would be neat to see what happens next to the Sailor Scouts.  

Unicorn Fairy Queen

La Drako Rego

1,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 pm
This better be true. If its not I will Just die.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 am
Pinkmoonflower777
Guess what? I heard on youtube from the people who were uploading sailor moon vids that its coming back in 2009 maybe with new episodes
Really?  

Uranus_Bride

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 am
I wish it came back sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 pm
I don't think that it will ever come back crying  

Starspace

AquaTonic

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 am
Quote:
It has better art, one of the main revisions but instead of 18 volumes, the tankubon is going to be compressed into 12 volumes with more pages. It is also going to have added, new pages and a different diologue. Most is going to be updated to fit current times. Two of the books have been released already...

However, they are not in english. The liscence drama is still going on and Sailor Moon is no longer being published in America. All the sailor moon stuff bought, is all old and unsold products, no more are being made in america or for american purchase. Liscnese and copyright issues with Takeunchi and such.

Also, it is translated into Pretty Guardian: Sailor Moon.

The original manga was called Pretty Soldier: Sailor Moon.

This is due to a number of reasons. The liscence drama, influence from the live action (I see a bit of the art is influenced by the live action, as Sailor Jupiter has her flower belt) and the whole, new times new stuff.

Here are some sites. Get rid of the spaces.

http:// www.sailormoon.ws/archives/090403.html

http:// www.genvid.com/archives/090903.html

From my other forums I'm on. I have been checking out my manga scanlation sites (since i read koren manga as well) and found that they are uploading the New Sailor Moon manga translated from Koren to English for us. So far, 2 volumes have been completed. If anyone would like the link then feel free to send me a message and I will direct you to where you need to go for the downloads.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 am
we have to wait, i dont believe that  

Tsukiusada

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:31 am
if they bring it back as another anime, I really wish I could lend a hand to it. :p diving into a fight head on only gets you so far, being stubborn gets you further than just charging, but if you thik your problems through you get the results you like. :p

but either way, I'd just like to see Mako-chan again. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:48 pm
User Image

I'd love for it to come back, or they could continue to sell them. : (
I missed the reprint in '03. neutral

SM was revolutionary; I love Takeuchi-さん's work! Her art is also very beautiful.
I'm trying to find some of her newer titles, but so far, none of them have been published here. (At least, not that I know of.)

========
Moko <33

User Image

lolkweernut

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 pm
IS NOT COMING

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff