Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Getting to know each other
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 am
Wow!! So many people are joining the guild, I love it! I want to welcome each and every one of you with open arms. Some of the life stories here are remarkable. I am so glad you could share those with us.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:12 am
Hello, My name is Sarah, I am 30 years old and I am going to school to become an Administrative Assistant.

I have been a Christian for about 10 years now. I have been going to the same Church for that whole time. I am very active in that church, and I regularly sing on the Worship Team.

About my screen name, a lot of people mis-interpret that. I call myself "Freak Conformist" online (yes, you can call me "Freak") because of some of my political views. I am not a conservative republican, nor am I a liberal hippie, but I have some conservative values and some liberal philosophies. For example, I don't believe in abortion, but I do believe in funding arts in school. I am proud of the fact that I have considered the issues and came to a conclusion on my own. I am currently considering goverment health care, for the time being I think I rather have crappy health care now then die because I never had health care in the first place.

Despite this, I don't get into political, or religious, arguements. I've had enough of that on yahoo, and generally if you're arguing you've already made up your mind so there is really no point. And yes, because of this mind set I make a crappy evangelist. XD
This does not, however, stop me making a judicious comment where I think it's needed. I like to think of myself as a voice of reason sometimes. This is actually where the "Freak" part comes in because more time then not I think about the issue from odd angles and my insight can come from left field sometimes. Other then that I am a very mello person.

I do do "art", but I do not call myself an "artist", drawing is my hobby not my profession. Ocassionally you can get me to do a doddle or something, but I really have to be in the mood and I tend to put it off if I don't feel like it. Thus the reason I am not a professional artist.

Umm, that's all I can think of for now. No doubt you'll get to know me if you talk to me. I have no problem sharing the intimate details of my life. Just don't ask for my Social Security Number.  

Freakconformist

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Welcome, Sarah.

And welcome to all of you! It's funny, first accepting your guys' join requests and then seeing you posting in the guild. It makes me happy to know that there are sooooo many who want to commune with brothers and sisters in Christ.

WELCOME! heart heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm
Hi my name is Audrye
I'm 17
I got saved at a young age and have been very involved in my church since then.

Ecc. 3: 4
A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time dance.  

audrye

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am
Welcome Sarah and Audrye!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 pm
Welcome new members ^_^ I know I only joined a little while ago and most likely considered too young to know or to help but I would love to try ^_^ If anything else, just somebody to talk to. May Jesus bless you all.  

Monkeynathan

awesomecacy

Thirteenth Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:14 pm
My name is Justine (Just-een is the pronunciation, just in case anyone thinks otherwise.)
I am 13.. and a half... From a small town in Ohio. (And I mean small. we're practicly only a village. o_O)
I have three older sisters and a brother. I'm the youngest. Umm. I tend to hide away my feelings and then snap at the smallest thing so I'm sorry if I do that to anyone, please forgive me in advance.
My walk isn't very far along yet... Sice I'm still very confused in everything and I'm probably not ever considered a "real" Christian, though I am thinking and questioning it hard. I started in a catholic church, and we just changed churches... (a biiig change for me. I'm so very confused) And I'd love for your help and support as I continue to struggle through this time in my life, since I'm dealing with alot of friend changes and trying to get on the right path.
Thank you. ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 am
awesomecacy
My name is Justine (Just-een is the pronunciation, just in case anyone thinks otherwise.)
I am 13.. and a half... From a small town in Ohio. (And I mean small. we're practicly only a village. o_O)
I have three older sisters and a brother. I'm the youngest. Umm. I tend to hide away my feelings and then snap at the smallest thing so I'm sorry if I do that to anyone, please forgive me in advance.
My walk isn't very far along yet... Sice I'm still very confused in everything and I'm probably not ever considered a "real" Christian, though I am thinking and questioning it hard. I started in a catholic church, and we just changed churches... (a biiig change for me. I'm so very confused) And I'd love for your help and support as I continue to struggle through this time in my life, since I'm dealing with alot of friend changes and trying to get on the right path.
Thank you. ^.^

Don't worry yourself, Justine. It's pretty common for a "new" Chirstian to be un-sure of thier place in the grand scheme of things, ditto for 13 year-olds. So I'm not surprised you don't feel like a "real christian". The good news is that you don't have to "feel like it", you just are! Just by believing and proclaiming that Jesus is Lord you are a "real Christian", because God accepts you where you are at and not where you think you should be. That goes for 10 day old to 10 year old "real Christians". Praise God, right?

Note: Moving from a Catholic to a Protestant (any Church that is not Catholic) Church can be confusing. There are a lot of difference, but don't be discouraged. Just know that God loves you and learn as you go.  

Freakconformist

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25

Melina_Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03 pm
Hi I'm Natalie.. I'm 20 getting ready to be 21 in November..

I was saved as a teen and was really into church and different functions on the church. Now not so much.. I have faded off the path that I wanted to take when I was this age.

So far I have been trying to get myself back into church now that I have found one that I enjoy so much and trying to surround myself with different religious activites and such.

I have 2 sister's.. One of which I am not speaking to at the moment. I am the oldest and I still believe that I have always been the responsible one. smile

I am engaged to be married and I want my marriage to involve God and Christ... I want that to happen because I love my fiance so much.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:04 pm
Don't worry Justeen, Just remember that God will show you the way. I don't really consider myself as a "Christian". I believe being Christian is to be like Christ, our savior. My problem is I am still figureing out what "being like Christ" is. Don't be discouraged by new things, anything and everything now may be needed for what God has planned for you. I lack confidence in what I am doing. sweatdrop Not sure if I am doing what is neccesary for the plans for me. So I understand if it feels like you are unsure of what to do. All I can say is advise I should take sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Monkeynathan

Xelthia

Shy Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi, I'm Myuuli, but call me Myuu if you'd like.
I'm from Florida and I am 16. I love the arts, whether music, fashion, or just drawing in general. I've believed in God as long as I can remember, although my religious path has been rough at times. I'd love it if someone were to have religious views with me because I don't know a lot of teens who are religious anymore. sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:03 am
Welcome Justine, Natalie and Myuu!!!

And thank you Monkeynathan for your willingness to help.  

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Misa_Blue_wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:50 am
hello my name is misa or you can call me by my real name which is racheal..it doesnt matter to me. I am 25 yrs old and i come from Indianapolis, Indiana. i am a born again christian and still learning how to become a good christian..i could really use some guidance because i am going through rough times ..well i have had a rough life actually...so i want to find the lord and be happy!! if you want to know anything else about me feel free to ask!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 am
Hello my name is Emily but you could call me Em, my screen name Skye or my alternate personal Jahzara. I was saved about a year ago and I'm trying to go to church but transportation is an issue. I thought of suicide a few times before I was saved and now that I know God is with me I feel better.  

Skyeblue777

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Welcome to the guild, my friends.

Getting to know each other

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items