Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which story would you like to use?
  Kess' "The Empire of Steam and Steel"
  Teddo's "Feud"
  El's "Out of the Dark"
  Let Teddo pull some mad scientist crap and make us a deranged, psychotic combination of the three!!! (Me: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!)
View Results

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:00 am
lol.... But when I was checking out the Masquerade, the names were just so good I HAD to use them... tell ya what, I'll switch out the Malkavians with another clan, and introduce them later as clinically insane. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:52 am
*fist pump* Yes! Lasambra and Ventrue are actual leaders. Or Tzimisci.

EDIT: Wow I'm picky *cough*

EDIT EDIT: If you saw the Dark Knight, the Joker is a perfect example of a Malkavian. You're not sure if you're suppose to laugh or curl up into a ball and cry.  

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:22 am
D: I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET crying crying crying I'm stuck in this party my mom is having all weekend, so the soonest I can see it is sunday night gonk IT'S KILLING MEEEE  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm
I only really have two three things to say.

1: Huzzah~! We get to play!

2: Wait... is it one big city or are we using my world map?
and
3: Drat! Now I have to start drawing the red city. And I'm almost done with the purple and yellow ones.

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:48 pm
We're going to be using your world map... eventually. As Kess recommended, I think it might be more interesting to start off in one city and expand from there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 am
cool cool... Now then, what other kinks need to be worked out before we get to writing up profiles?  

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm
Me making a good profile skeleton? xD

I'm going to try using the character sheets I made previously, although a system for using them is yet to be conceived... but, hey, they work as good profile layouts, too!

More serious tone... I plan on getting short descriptions out of all my lycan and vampire clans for people to use before you make your characters. I'll get started on all that right now, should have it out today.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:39 pm
shweet! whee I can't wait! My first character is going to be human though.. A crazy little maidservant, who tinkers and invents things in what little free time she has.

To contribute to the world building and thus stay on topic I will ask: Do we want Falacia(red city) to be a very tall city or more of a sprawling city? The yellow city map I'm making has oh, somewhere between 4-6 levels not counting the spire I've attached to it.

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:50 pm
Hmm, considering it's your world...

Falacia is a city of export, industry, warehouses, and train depots. I can envision these being arranged in both a horizontal or vertical direction. So, really, it's up to you... personally I like vertical, merely because it looks cool... but I'd say Falacia is a city with a little bit of both. It's not sprawling, but it is large. The buildings don't block out the sun, but a good number are quite tall.

Forgive my not being done with the clans. I have the vampires all done, but then I went to the movies, and now I'm so tired...

so, alas, I shall finish off the lycans on the morrow, and then all that will remain are the gameplay details (which, I digress, do not need to be completed before character creation begins)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:48 pm
I’m still here, just letting you know I haven’t abandoned this project. I’m flattered that you would see me as the Lycan overseer.

I will do what I can with what I am given. *bows*

Oh, quick thought on the character skeleton. We are just going to need to do a normal (within the specifics of the Rps needs) character skeleton? No extra links to have to look at or templates to have to attach to the skeleton right?

Oh, that’s an interesting character idea El. You do pick some interesting ones, and I like how your characters have a lot inner passion as well as outer. So I’m curious to see how you will take it. I have in mind three possible character ideas, and may in fact do them all for the different tribes when the time comes. It might make things easier for the others joining the Lycan ranks. I have an archer Lycan, a spear wielder, and a swordsman. All of which I have done previous renditions of in either my own story or other ideas. So, which area are we starting with for the Lycans, the Forest group correct…let me se now…(wonders off into own werewolf world)  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:37 pm
That is correct. The tidbit that you'd be interested in:

Lucian begat Rougarou, the swamp treader; Fenrir, the forest walker; Varcolac, the mountain stalker; and Wulver, the plains strider. Wulver's brood is known for their peaceful nature, while Varcolac and his children are viewed as demons.
^ ^ ^
Lucians Brood:

Rougarou, the swamp treader
Varcolac, the mountain stalker
Fenrir, the forest walker
Wulver, the plains strider  

Lucian, as well as all of his children, are prone to err to the sin of pride. Though each expresses it in different ways, they are all considerably more susceptible to it over other sins.

Wulver is somewhat of an exception to this. His brood have inherited a great deal of humility, and are very peaceful. They do not molest those who do not molest them, and even so, they seek justice only for those directly responsible for the transgressions. Wulver's brood does not carry grudges. However, for these reasons, they are incredibly proud of their way of life.

Varcolac, on the other hand, is the son with the worst disposition. His brood are viewed as demons by those who encounter them, and for good reason. They believe that humanity and vampires are nothing more than a tumor on the earth. They treat anyone they come across as such. Those who survive encounters with Varcolacs are few and far between. Varcolacs feel justified in their actions, because they have already been proven right in the first Armageddon. Luckily for their enemies, Varcolac and his brood were given reign over the mountains, and society has made sure to steer clear of them whenever possible. On a few documented occasions, however, the tribe has been known to come down from the mountains to make war on humanity.

Fenrir is a more neutral figure than Varcolac. Though not as aggressive as his brother, Fenrir was the strongest of the group. Slightly foolish and gullible at times, Fenrir was not a threat if you could get his guard down. Not to say he is stupid, but rather he was trusting to a fault. His children follow his nature in these regards. In battle, however, they are quick to act and very clever. Their somewhat sheepish, kind nature is beguiling to their true strength.

Rougarou is the other child of Lucian. A mysterious figure, Rougarou disappeared into the swamps after the domains were declared. It is said that he studied magical arts, mastering rituals that were more sinister in nature than his brothers were willing to study. Rougarou's tribe are avoidant and intelligent. They use the mists and mires of the swamp to cause wandering travelers to lose their way, pointing them away from their domain. Rougarous are by no means on unpleasant terms with the other tribes, however, they are very reclusive and do not tend to initiate correspondence with the other clans unless it is necessary. Rougarous are masters of magic, trickery, and disguise.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 pm
The first vampire clan to be introduced:

The Baali.

Caine and Lilith begat Baali. A militaristic family, the Baali are the strongest physically of Caine's children. The Baali perceive humans in a somewhat neutral light, seeing them as subordinates who offer their blood in service. The Baali rule over Falacia with total power which is not questioned. The Baali suffer eternally under their cursed sin: wrath. As such, they often veer towards misplaced aggression and can easily overreact. Through meditation and deep focus, older vampires can control this burning fury, but a curse from God himself is not easy to resist.

The first lycan clan to be introduced:

Forest Walkers (aka children of Fenrir ... I'll leave it to Ronyo to give them a more fitting name):

These Lycans tend to appear in mixed colors of gray, brown, and even a few red furs. These Lycans hunt as their normal cousins do, for deer and elk. Most of the Forest Walkers have mixed feelings about the humans and the nearby cities that shoot up higher than the trees. Many Lycans here have learned how to hide and stalk among the foliage and watch humans that are brave enough to venture near. Most of the weapons and armor among the Forest walkers is a combination or natural and man stolen. Short bows, bow staves, and twin weapons are favored here and the Lycans use them spend hours practicing. The Forest Walkers have found a balance between their spiritual roots and their combative nature. Most young Lycans choose which path they wish to follow and then are trained by elders in each field. The Forest Walkers try and stay out of the humans endeavors unless its something against the forests they protect.

Suggested bloodlines:

As a curse upon the children of the temptress and bane of man Lilith, God cast the vampires and lycans into exile and gave them twisted forms. The brood of Adam, cursed for their sin against the land, were made to serve it for their foolish pride. The second children of Adam, the lycans are now the stewards of the land. The brood of Caine, cursed for their sin against man, were forced into eternal bloodlust, ever propagating the sins of mankind. One final brood remained. The devil, as a gift for the temptations that Lilith had sewn in man, bore her a daughter, Lilitu. To Lilitu God gave the insatiable lust which drove her, forcing her to subsist through the sins of her mother. Lilitu was given the curse of incredible suffering when she partook in this sin, but the girl's depravity knew no bounds, and she became a sadist and masochist. Lilitu's brood are known as succubi, and are midway between vampire and full-fledged demon.

The Seven Children of Lilith

Children of Caine:

Ravnikus, cursed of Envy
Lasombra, cursed of Sloth
Baali, cursed of Wrath
Malkavian, cursed of Gluttony
Ventrue, cursed of Greed

Child of Adam:

Lucian, cursed of Pride

Progeny of Satan:

Lilitu, cursed of Lust

Lucian begat Rougarou, the swamp treader; Fenrir, the forest walker; Varcolac, the mountain stalker; and Wulver, the plains strider. Wulver's brood is known for their peaceful nature, while Varcolac and his children are viewed as demons.
^ ^ ^
Lucians Brood:

Rougarou, the swamp treader
Varcolac, the mountain stalker
Fenrir, the forest walker
Wulver, the plains strider  

Ravnikus:
Ravnikus was the youngest child of Lilith and Caine, but also the most covetous. He was insanely jealous of everything that his brothers had. His children reflect the burning envy which he was cursed with. Ravnos vampires hate and are hated by all the other vampire clans. It rarely comes to bloodshed, but they share incredible distaste for each other. Though often the other clans try to suppress them, the Ravnos' desire for what others have has led them on an eternal crusade for power. They are a highly aristocratic, disdainful lot, who can never bear to be shown up. A Ravnos would rather die than be proven to be the lesser man. It is not uncommon that they do in their pursuits. Most Ravnos are temperamental and refuse to trust anyone. As a Ravnos vampire grows older, their envy for others only grows, however, they learn to direct it more efficiently. The elders of the Ravnos clan understand that they must vest trust in their children and pass on their gifts, although it still leaves a burning pain of jealousy deep in their hearts.

Lasombra:
Lasombra was the second-born of Caine. Though Ventrue was the alpha vampire, Lasombra by far is the most commonly associated image of the vampire. A dark and emotionless creature, his affinity for unsavory acts knew no bounds. His power over darkness and Abyss was unequivocal. Lasombra cared little for religion, although he found much in common with Satan, who furnished his search for dark knowledge. He grew so bold as to question the authority of God himself. Indeed, by this time, Lasombra had become a force to be reckoned with. His control over Abyss, the very tool of creation, was astonishing. God, wishing to pacify Lasombra and punish him for his sins, cursed him with Sloth. Apathy became the norm for Lasombra, and it was so intense for him that it grew to the point where he could no longer even move. Legend has it that he lives on, his flesh turned almost to granite, lost in time somewhere as a stunning statue of a petrifying man. His children retain that which their father had, the strengths and the weaknesses. The curse of Sloth breeds apathy for everything, and very often Lasombra choose to disconnect themselves from the troubles of society. Many Lasombra are nomads of time and space, drifting between the realm of shadows and our own. As Lasombra grow older, their curse turns from a mental state to a very physical one. Lasombra become as their progenitor, their skin slowly toughening and taking on a stone-like texture. Though they live on, their minds are often deeply withdrawn in the shells of their bodies. Based on the resolve of the individual, an elder Lasombra will emerge from their dormancy every century or so, to feed and regenerate themselves. The majority of them lose their willpower with time, and reach a point where their apathy is such that they no longer even wish to feed. Lasombra are the only clan which cannot cast a reflection. Also, they are even more sensitive to sunlight than other vampires. For all their disconnection, Lasombra are very intelligent, charmingly mysterious individuals. Their powers are exceptional compared to most other vampires.

Malkavian:
Malkavian was the third-born of Caine. In a word, Malkavian was completely neurotic. Quite possibly schizophrenic and sociopathic, Malkavian is most well known for his rampant murder sprees and unusual bloody rituals. God, willing his insanity on the rest of society as retribution, cursed Malkavian with Gluttony. Now the Malkavians are little more than psychotic killers. Their constant desire for blood and death only serve to further the instabilities which the family already possesses. Almost all Malkavians are mentally insane, and the handful that aren't feel no need to justify their sadistic actions. The Malkavians are the only vampire clan which does not hold substantial political power. They are generally outcasts of vampire society, although some less moral groups put them to use for their own twisted goals.

Ventrue:
Ventrue was the first-born son of Caine. Greedy and covetous, he believes that it is he who should inherit the world. He sees everyone else as nothing more than property that is meant to serve him, and he will do with them as he wishes. Ventrue was cursed by God to have no limit to this greed. In a way, Ventrue was also cursed with other sins as well. For with the desire for more of everything comes more gluttony and lust. Ventrue are probably free of envy, however. For unlike those that wish to have what others have, Ventrue simply want everything, and generally have far more than everyone else. Ventrue are guided completely by greed. As they grow older, the need for more grows exponentially. Older Ventrue can sometimes be driven mad by their obsession, becoming paranoid and lording over their vast holdings. Ventrue are the highest social tier of vampire society, simply because of the fact that they are always seeking more power and resources.

Lilitu:
Lilitu was bourn on wings as a gift from Satan to Lilith. Not the child of either, per-se, she was 'created' by Satan and indoctrinated as the successor of Lilith. As a curse upon the world for Lilith's sins, God bestowed upon Lilitu her mother's insatiable lust. The girl reveled in this gift, however, and God, wishing her to feel truly punished, gave her immense physical pain upon engaging in her sin. However, the girls depravity knew no bounds, and she found great joy and intrigue in the new sensation. Furious that the child could twist his pains into pleasures, God banished her to the depths of Hell, where she spends eternity with her sadistic creator. Her children remain in the mortal realm, halfway between vampire and demon. They draw sustenance from the very souls of their victims.

Lucian:
Lucian, as well as all of his children, are prone to err to the sin of pride. Though each expresses it in different ways, they are all considerably more susceptible to it over other sins.

Wulver is somewhat of an exception to this. His brood have inherited a great deal of humility, and are very peaceful. They do not molest those who do not molest them, and even so, they seek justice only for those directly responsible for the transgressions. Wulver's brood does not carry grudges. However, for these reasons, they are incredibly proud of their way of life.

Varcolac, on the other hand, is the son with the worst disposition. His brood are viewed as demons by those who encounter them, and for good reason. They believe that humanity and vampires are nothing more than a tumor on the earth. They treat anyone they come across as such. Those who survive encounters with Varcolacs are few and far between. Varcolacs feel justified in their actions, because they have already been proven right in the first Armageddon. Luckily for their enemies, Varcolac and his brood were given reign over the mountains, and society has made sure to steer clear of them whenever possible. On a few documented occasions, however, the tribe has been known to come down from the mountains to make war on humanity.

Fenrir is a more neutral figure than Varcolac. Though not as aggressive as his brother, Fenrir was the strongest of the group. Slightly foolish and gullible at times, Fenrir was not a threat if you could get his guard down. Not to say he is stupid, but rather he was trusting to a fault. His children follow his nature in these regards. In battle, however, they are quick to act and very clever. Their somewhat sheepish, kind nature is beguiling to their true strength.

Rougarou is the other child of Lucian. A mysterious figure, Rougarou disappeared into the swamps after the domains were declared. It is said that he studied magical arts, mastering rituals that were more sinister in nature than his brothers were willing to study. Rougarou's tribe are avoidant and intelligent. They use the mists and mires of the swamp to cause wandering travelers to lose their way, pointing them away from their domain. Rougarous are by no means on unpleasant terms with the other tribes, however, they are very reclusive and do not tend to initiate correspondence with the other clans unless it is necessary. Rougarous are masters of magic, trickery, and disguise.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:32 pm
Okay! So I'm about to start map-making for Falacia and something started bothering me!

Are we having the human/vampire culture be uniformly Victorian English? Or do we want a couple of cities to mirror a steampunked version of another culture? For example, I stumbled across steampunked Japanese architecture, and I rather like it.
If we want different cities to have different ethnic cultures, does anyone have any suggestions on what cities should mirror which cultures?

And, what I have completed at the moment, even though we cant use it yet.

I came up with a name for the joint yellow and purple cities: Ilnaria the Clockwork Spires. This city would have a much more industrial, mechanized feel than the red city of Falacia. Ilnaria would be dominated by the constant sounds of giant gears grinding and ticking, factories filled with pounding hammers, the faintest hiss of steam would be noticeable only on the upper levels of the city where it is quieter.

Falacia, I'm thinking, would be more dominated by steam-power than clockwork. The skies would be ever cloudy over this city. The ever present hiss of steam would go unnoticed by natives, but would probably get on the last nerve of outsiders. The sound of caravan/railway guards drilling and training would be common.
At the south of the city is a train despot, where coal is brought in from the mines, pulverized into smaller easy to ration pieces, and measured out to ship off to the other cities.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:42 pm
Alright, here are the heritages of the vampire clans, I'd assume that the cultural aspects of the cities they lord over would follow suit.

Ravnikus: Originally Aztec, their culture has evolved since the human equivalent was destroyed
Lasombra: Spanish / Italian
Ventrue: Victorian British
Baali: Middle Eastern / Near Eastern / Arabian
Malkavian (this clan does not have their own city): Varied

and, of course, the lycan clans:

Fenrir: Norse
Wulver: Scottish
Rougarou: Romanian
Varcolac: Baltic / Eastern European  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:57 pm
The Baali from my game are Middle Eastern razz They called on djinns and other similar demons. The Malkavians, well, does insanity stay to one local?  
Story Development Panel

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff