Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Chinese Artists. >as in music< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Chinese singers?
  Yes. They ROCK.
  No. They SUCK.
  Never heard of em.
  O.O Chinese pop?? interesting...
  Only pop.
  Only opera.
View Results

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:16 am
wiim
I'm an oldies 90s and Aaron Kwok listener. I'm not an avid listener of current popular Chinese songs. neutral

lol..who's your favorite 90s then?..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:21 am
I don't have a favourite. I can name off a few artists with songs I like from that era.

-The Ultimate 4 (Leon Lai, Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung, Aaron Kwok)
-Yip Si Man (forgot her English name)
-Yoon Ngang Tin Sie
-Grasshoppers
-etc.

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 am
wiim
I don't have a favourite. I can name off a few artists with songs I like from that era.

-Yoon Ngang Tin Sie
-Grasshoppers
-etc.

Hahas, awesome..I like Andy Lau and the Grasshoppers the most of all the ones you posted..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:29 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
wiim

-Yoon Ngang Tin Sie
-Grasshoppers
-etc.

Hahas, awesome..I like Andy Lau and the Grasshoppers the most of all the ones you posted..
Cool. You must have been only a tot when you listened to those songs. I was very young too.  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:32 am
wiim
xXHotBabiBluXx
wiim

-Yoon Ngang Tin Sie
-Grasshoppers
-etc.

Cool. You must have been only a tot when you listened to those songs. I was very young too.

I didn't listen to their songs til..this year..because they splitted up for a while becuase one of their member went to do drama shows on tv which I watched and liked. But when he stopped doing drama shows tv, the Grasshoppers re-grouped back and made a song for their own welcoming back..and that's when I started listen to their songs (this year)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:33 am
Darkaznstargoddess
Vanilla_Soda
Charlene also has more talent and does more movies aswell.

Agreed. 3nodding
Gillian is overrated. 3nodding

xoxCharlenexox
xXHotBabiBluXx
Leslie Cheung and Anita Mui are legends..

I was so shocked when Anita Mui passed away...she could have had a surgery and lived but she said that it would stop her from having babies...I seriously think that her own life is more important...she could always adopt...but her movies are very funny...and her voice is just so good...so we actually bought her concert dvd instead of d/l...

Adoption isn't the same as having the child be your own flesh and bleed. Plus relatives (When you're in a chinese family) won't accept them. 3nodding

sweatdrop yea, i guess u're right...ur own baby u gave birth to is always the one u heart more...but i still would rather keep my life...  

[Monchhichi]

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:48 pm
I am wondering if anyone here know the English name for the singer for the theme song in the 1983 "Shang Hai tan"

I know she's very very ancient but she has an awesome voice and I want to know her English name to find more songs from her. I totally have no clue what it is lol (and my chinese sucks @_@).

Thanks for all the help mrgreen mrgreen

EDIT:
I found it cool
Thanks anyway. By the way for those who are also curious now her name is Frances Yip (Yip Li Yi) hehe mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:01 pm
DevilsLight
I am wondering if anyone here know the English name for the singer for the theme song in the 1983 "Shang Hai tan"

I know she's very very ancient but she has an awesome voice and I want to know her English name to find more songs from her. I totally have no clue what it is lol (and my chinese sucks @_@).

EDIT:
I found it cool
Thanks anyway. By the way for those who are also curious now her name is Frances Yip (Yip Li Yi) hehe mrgreen

Oh..so that's who she is..kind of ugly, no offence..  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:23 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight

EDIT:
I found it cool

I wasn't after her looks by the way neutral I like her singing sweatdrop really powerful voice eek Plus she's of an older generation (our parent's generation) so if you're in love with her because of looks... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:42 pm
DevilsLight
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight

EDIT:
I found it cool

I wasn't after her looks by the way neutral I like her singing sweatdrop really powerful voice eek Plus she's of an older generation (our parent's generation) so if you're in love with her because of looks... confused

lol..never..I love looks and singing..the most perfect singer for singing if the singer got the looks anf talent 4laugh  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:37 am
Got 2 questions to ask you all. Which one do you prefer between the ultimate four? (Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung and Leon Lai)? And which "Ma" do you prefer between Joe Mah, Steven Ma and Kenneth Ma?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:40 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
Got 2 questions to ask you all. Which one do you prefer between the ultimate four? (Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung and Leon Lai)? And which "Ma" do you prefer between Joe Mah, Steven Ma and Kenneth Ma?

They're both hard questions, but I say Andy Lau blaugh , and its hard to choose between Steven Ma and Joe Ma..tick tock..hm..ugh..*trying very hard to pick one* ugh..Ste...ven..ah Ma!!..  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:15 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight

EDIT:
I found it cool

lol..never..I love looks and singing..the most perfect singer for singing if the singer got the looks anf talent 4laugh

Hard to have the both worlds collide. I don't think there's a lot of singers who has both, always lop sided I felt anyway.

As for the answer of the 4 I say Andy Lau just because he still look young and so casual. And as for the Ma, I think Steven is better sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:57 pm
DevilsLight
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight

EDIT:
I found it cool

Hard to have the both worlds collide. I don't think there's a lot of singers who has both, always lop sided I felt anyway.

As for the answer of the 4 I say Andy Lau just because he still look young and so casual. And as for the Ma, I think Steven is better sweatdrop

i can't believe andy lau is growing a mustache now...  

[Monchhichi]

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:02 pm
lol... i don't know. i really didn't listen to music until i started highschool, so right now... i dunno lol.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff