Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:08 am
Kiae looked up in surprise, and quickly blinked her tears from her eyes. She turned a little red, but cleared her throat and shifted awkwardly. "It's all right, Ethin," she assured him. "You had every right to."
She leaned against the fencepost, and heaved a sigh. "I'm just frustrated at a lot of things lately. As for friendship - sometimes a friendship lasts through the Ages, even if the two people are apart," she told him with a smile. "That's how I think of it, anyway. Friendship provides a person with strength and hope through troubled times. It's something many people lack nowadays," she added, staring back down at the ground.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:44 pm
Ethin looked up at the sky, trying to avoid looking at Kiae's face. Afterall, what right had he to see her face after he'd just been crying?
"I had no right to. Aes Sedai deserve proper respect and I failed to give it. But I suppose it is not that big of a deal."
Lowering his eyes with his head still facing upwards, he snuck a peak at her before going on. "Wise words from a wise woman, Aes Sedai." Before he realized what he was doing, he was on his knees with his head down and a fist to the ground. "By the Light and my hope of rebirth, do I pledge myself to thee if you will have me." Staying on the ground, he coughed into his free hand, trying to break the silence. "Light, where had that come from? I wouldn't be surprised if she was ta'veren," he thought wonderingly.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:56 pm
Kiae's jaw dropped, and she stared at the man in absolute shock. She choked a bit, trying to decide what in the Light to say to that.
"Does he know what he's doing? He already has an Aes Sedai...does he want me to break the Bond?" she wondered, trying to figure out what exactly his words meant. She then decided to just ask.
"Ethin, what are you saying?" she asked slowly, but respectfully. The man had just pledged himself to her - she wasn't about to insult him. She was just a bit confused at the sudden words.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm
((It ain't a Stairway-skippin day.))
Cobain shuffled along. He had meant to follow Kiae and Ethin to wherever they were going, but had been severely distracted by the common room of the inn. Several drinks later, he wandered about morosely, pondering on nothig in particular. He shook himself awake when he heard familiar voices. "Ah! THere you two are!" He chortled, walking over somewhat unsteadily.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:13 pm
Kiae's head shot up, and she just knew she had a guilty look on her face. "Light blast the man, he always picks the worst times to show up! And drunk!" she added in disgust. He had never much gotten drunk when she knew him last.
"Ah, yes, here we two are," she replied, completely losing her composure.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 pm
"Yes, you two are here." Cobain said, puzzled but shrugging it off. Sober, he would have recognized the danger sign. "I've been trying to fi- Kiae, have you been crying?" He asked suddenly, peering at her and leaning forward slightly.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:20 pm
"No, no, just sneezing," she lied casually, brushing away at the cursed tears she had missed. "Damn, damn, damn!" She hoped he was too drunk to recognize the lie and just move on.
Ethin, damn him, seemed to be refusing to move until his own business was complete.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:23 pm
"No, no, you're crying, Kiae. What's wrong?" He insisted, concerned. "It wasn't Ethin, was it? Couldn't imagine it was. He seems like a nice guy. Was it me? Oh Light, what'd I do now?" He asked a little shrilly.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
"It wasn't you, for Light's sake!" she exclaimed, hands on her hips. Sometimes, there was only one way for her to deal with Cobain without killing him. "You're drunk, so go sleep in a field somewhere until you've calmed down. I have not been crying!" she added firmly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 pm
"I'm not really drunk... wait, something's wrong. I know, and you know I know, and... er... and I've been earing my stay at the inn. I'm a top-notch storyteller!" He announced proudly. "Kiae, why do you keep yelling at me when I'm trying to help you?" He asked, sighing.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:44 pm
Kiae groaned, and slapped herself in the face to try to wake up. "Deep breaths, don't channel. Deep breaths, don't channel," she ordered herself.
"Because you're drunk. And when you try to help me when you're drunk, worse things happen," she explained slowly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:51 pm
"I'm not drunk." He insisted, raising his hands defensively. "I've been working on it, but I'm not quite drunk yet."  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:52 pm
"Would you behave yourself, then?" Kiae demanded, her eyes flickering from Cobain to Ethin nervously. The dratted Warder was still on his bloody knees - she'd bet her life he was a noble.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 pm
"What am I doing?" Cobain demanded, thouroughly perplexed by this point. "I come up and ask the woman I love why she's crying, that's misbehaving?"  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:58 pm
"Ohhh..." Kiae groaned again, and looked to the heavens for an answer. Finding none, she sighed and plopped to the ground. "I give up," she replied. "You come out of nowhere, tipsy. That's misbehaving, yes."  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff