Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)
Laissez le Bon temp rouler Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The best Carnival Masquerade Ball costume goes to:
  LittleTnCo
  PieMonster2000
  Hazumu-san
View Results

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:39 pm
Ok, here are the pics from this Sunday's parade: Dionysus
I didn't take as many pics as last time, mostly because they were throwing so well, I'd be hit with something if I wasn't watching and also less pics of all the schools and dance teams. I think I did a little better here with the posting the pics by putting them all in a slideshow.

User Image

If this slideshow isn't working, u can click here:
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/brattyvallies/?action=view¤t=69ad24c3.pbw

Hope y'all enjoy it. These floats were much better than last week's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:13 pm
Sounds like a good idea Gwee!  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 am
I don't know why the slideshow isn't working, but you can watch it if you click that link. But for those weary of clicking, here's my fav pics of the floats for last Sunday's Dionysus parade:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 am
See what I mean about last week's floats being plain and disappointing. This crewe did a much better job!

Hey, Chainsaw. Remember when you shared the Halloween T-Rex and I said y'all could probably do a great job on a Mardi Gras float!? This is what I was talking about.

When I put up the poll about if anyone's been to Mardi Gras, someone said "yes." Want to share your experience?

My next and final parade will be this Friday night. As I said, it's my fav cuz of all the lights and flashy throws. There are many more parades across the lake, in New Orleans and Metarie,... but I'm not driving over there to wait all day for parades, with no available bathrooms, to catch a bunch of throws I already probably have in a big bag in my closet, only to get stuff in mad traffic with drunk driver to get back home. So, sorry... no parade reports from me on Lundi Gras or Mardi Gras. Selene will be the last for me this year.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 am
*Reminder: Don't forget to vote for the best "Love is in the Air."

User Image

**The Carnival Masquerade Ball is officially open!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 am
Oh... that was me. I said yes.

Back in high school, when I was in AFJROTC, we took a trip to Mardi Gras. We marched in the parade in one (or two?) of the days. We were carrying flags and had some drummers and a slipshod little band put together. I don't really remember much about it... I wasn't really looking around (I bet I was one of the only ones using some military discipline there).

I don't remember if I went only once, or if I went twice... Either way, I don't really remember much about it. I do remember buying some nice beads and stuff, though (One was plastic and skulls, another was entirely carven wood and skulls, and the other was a tie made entirely out of beads... at leas tthose are the ones I definitely remember and still have).

Oh, yeah, I definitely went twice. There was one before Katrina, and then another one maybe a year afterwards, when all the stores were still trying to recover. I remember that one...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:27 am
Big difference between before and after Katrina? Every time I drive through over there I am shocked by amount that hasn't been touched,... and the amount of homeless. But the city has recently taken to financing some serious cleaning in the tourist areas. The news reported it was a Disney World like sanitation system in the French Quarter.

Usually, not remembering Mardi Gras would be a good indicator that you had a good time... maybe too much of a good time. But I don't get that impression from you? It's ok to march in a parade, but it's alot more fun to be one of the ones throwing stuff if you have to be in one. (that ends up being quite an investment!) I've done both... in the marching band... as a flag team member, as a flambeaux, and as a member of a crewe (got to throw!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 am
... I was marching... I don't really log events into memory when I march, so I don't remember much about it. We weren't there for too many days, because we were missing school days.

... Plus, I get some of those trips mixed up in my head... I get some pieces of an ROTC trip down to Houston and those two separate Mardi Gras trips mixed up in there. ... We went to a steamboat on the river... I think, both times. ... I think that one of those might have been the time we got the bus that leaked really bad... and on the trip back we had water streaming down from one of the tvs and it was throwing sparks and arcing and stuff on the way back and everybody had to crowd up in seats because everyone was freaked out from that TV. The first time might have been the time we had two tires blow out at the same time. (Oh yeah... I didn't mention we took coach buses there... well... we took coach buses there).

... That's all the stuff I can recal that's actually... uh... really tangible and concrete enough to write down. The rest is mostly images and stuff like that.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:02 am
Hi Gwee. Here is my entry. Hope it fits the category.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:51 am
Oooh ~ ^^ Very nice, Bubbles.  

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 pm
Thank you Pie. You ish looking pretty nifty kewl too.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 pm
Lookin' good,...
lookin' goooood!!!

Gweener

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 am
o3o .. here's my theme!

User Image

Carnival Masquerade Ball  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:09 pm
Thanks for your entry, Pie.
U look beautiful.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 pm
And now for the Selene pics; our all female, night parade:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games