Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most over-used game plot/ gaming cliches Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 pm
Thing I see repeat:

When a person (or lead member) dies or is lost for good and out of nowhere you can magically bring them back.
Games: Sonic, Ninja Gaiden II, Final Fansty games, Chrono Trigger( it did a good job with it, because you could skip it mrgreen ),and a lot of rpgs.

When a bad guy joins your party close to the end of the game.
Game: Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, Final Fansty II, etc.

People finding items or things in 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10.
Games: Sonic, most Nintendo games, most games.

When you play a game's sequel and you find out the reason the world is in danger is because they did not finsh off that one guy or when a person just keep coming back after you kill or stop them over and over.
Games: Most Nintendo games, Sonic, Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross, Ninja Gaiden I-III, and a lot of games.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:39 am
Jarogue
Thing I see repeat:

When a person (or lead member) dies or is lost for good and out of nowhere you can magically bring them back.
Games: Sonic, Ninja Gaiden II, Final Fansty games, Chrono Trigger( it did a good job with it, because you could skip it mrgreen ),and a lot of rpgs.

When you play a game's sequel and you find out the reason the world is in danger is because they did not finsh off that one guy or when a person just keep coming back after you kill or stop them over and over.
Games: Most Nintendo games, Sonic, Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross, Ninja Gaiden I-III, and a lot of games.

Really? That's a reach dude, and hardly 'cliche.'  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 am
Ribbin
Jarogue
Thing I see repeat:

It just story plot that I see a lot of times in games I play.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
RedMan351
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.
So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

F*** yeah! lol. I would have been like," put out , or you're going back to Bowzer." lol sweatdrop *maybe that was a little too much. lol*

Something like this if you didn't get her to put out? That]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGE34VAqYTk
That would satisfy me. XD  

Rargon

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 am
digi734
GrowingDandelion
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Regulust
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
a JAP RPG with some character using a needlessly big sword

FF7 is like the only one. confused

I'd say the keyblade counts as needlessly big 3nodding

Actually, it's not that it's overly big, it's that it's overly over-used. It started out as just Sora being the "Chosen One", but then Riku got one, which I guess wasn't too bad, because it was the Keyblade of Darkness or whatever that hardly resembled a keyblade and I think it was a metaphor that there's a dark side to everything.

But then Mickey got one.

Then Roxas got TWO.

Then Kairi.

Then apparently this new broad has one.

What about poor Squall/Leon in the back who's been after one since the beginning? If I was him, I'd be mighty assed pissed that they've been handed out like tissues to everyone but me. And then Sora would be in the back going, "I thought I was SPECIAL!!! crying "

*coughcoughkingdomheartsbirthbysleepcoughcough*

But has anyone noticed that the main character is usually wearing or is the color of red/green/pink/blue/orange/pink/purple?

. . . . goshdammit.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18 am
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4
RedMan351
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.
So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

F*** yeah! lol. I would have been like," put out , or you're going back to Bowzer." lol sweatdrop *maybe that was a little too much. lol*

Something like this if you didn't get her to put out? That]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGE34VAqYTk
That would satisfy me. XD

Now after you let that happen. Look what happens word spreads that the Princess is killed. That the one person that went to rescue her let her be killed because she didn't put out.
KILL MARIO MARIO
REWARD 1 million coins!

Yeah awesome ending...  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:23 am
Ribbin
Jarogue
Thing I see repeat:

He could be talking about the MacGuffin plot device without realizing what it is. xd

I almost wrote and he didn't even mean to :/  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:59 pm
the fantasy theme is extremely overused  

XXLunarRayXX

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:16 pm
Ray7900
the realism theme is extremely overused

fixed  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 pm
Waynebrizzle
Ray7900
the realism theme is extremely overused

fixed

Agreed  

wariodude128

silve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:18 pm
Ray7900
the fantasy theme is extremely overused

the next thing some one is going to post is that fiction is being over used. or games that use controllers, that is so cliche.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:18 pm
It seems like there are a lot of RPGs that involve the world ending/being recreated.. like Xenogears, Persona 3, heck even the latest Paper Mario game!

The apocalyptic theme gets old sometimes.  

melonkuma

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:53 pm
Zephyrkitty
SuperArmadilo
Zephyrkitty
Syn Angellus

Each Pokemon from G/S/C to D/P having a team of villains set out to take over the world with a Legendary Pokemon that they only wish they could control.

The only Pokemon games that don't follow this plot, is just the original R/B/Y.

What legendary did they go after in G/S/C? I'm blanking on this.
HO-OH/Lugia, depending on the game

...Yeah, I'm not recalling this at all. I need to change the battery in my Silver version and replay the game. XD

Zyph's drawing a blank because they never did that in G/S/C. o.O Ho-Oh and Lugia were only poster Pokemon. You didn't even have to catch them if you didn't want to.
You're thinking of R/S/E where they try to use Groudon/Kyroge/Groudon and Kyroge to take over the world, or use them for person goals.
In G/S/C Team Rocket was trying to rule the world through radio waves. o.O I should know, I just finished playing Crystal who's plot difference is Suicune isn't really a wild Legendary.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:10 pm
I've really seen this once. But in the first KH game, Sora's like "Holy s**t!! I can be soooooooooooooooooooo badass!" Then in the second, he's like, "Aww when I use the Keyblade on Heartless it helps the Nobodies, Aww. I need to take out the Noboies, Awww." It kinda got annoying.

But Sora had two small Keyblades in the first one (Fairy Harp and the Hercules one)  

MaverickDrifter

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces