Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What are your thoughts on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:37 am
haha i forgive you, and it's okay because harsh people win arguments more often than if you're soft about it :]

As for the school scenario, there is a girl in my school, (high school though, not middle school) who this happened to and she kept the baby. So there are good people out there who will keep them. But also, think if the victim can't afford another baby, or something like that? Instead of dieing, the baby would be born into a life of sadness and poverty. But again, I say let the victim decide.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 am
the thing that makes me mad is the its mainly used for birth control  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm
Tsukasa Wave
Lord Bitememan
Tsukasa Wave
you know what i can't even think of the right words to say my sadness and anger about this its a baby i just don't get why the greatest country in the world would have legal to kill them and the whole rape thing what did the baby do? nothing they should punish the rapist not the baby

Now, just to play devil's advocate:
The inalienable rights of man are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (Locke defined this one as "Property," but our founders didn't like the phrasing of that). Now, these rights must either be co-equal, or ranked by social preference. If they are equal, then what you are doing is placing the right of a fetus, which we have no evidence has self-awareness, to life above the right of the woman to liberty (which, in the case of reproductive freedom and bodily self-determination, rape constitutes violations thereof). That would be a fundamental violation of the principle of co-equal fundamental rights. In fact, it would be an outright declaration that liberty does not confer to sexual matters. In other words, if a woman can be forced to carry a rapist's baby to term, why can't we simply mandate that women reproduce in general, irrespective of all other matters?

Additionally, as a Republican would you support higher taxes to pay for welfare for rape-babies? I assure you, convicted rapists will not have the income to pay for child support. Would you support additional financial compensation for women who reproduce without choice as opposed to those who do? Do you support additional social programs in general as a means of discouraging abortion? I guess, which is more important to you, low taxes, or low abortions?

most people use abortion as birth control you know whats a difference of a baby were the mother been raped and a baby were the mother wasn't raped nothing they can be good and they can be bad here are what some other people think i personally think everyone deserves a chance to live

>.> "I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. ~Ronald Reagan"

"IS ABORTION MURDER? As someone who believes in God I believe there are absolutes in this life. That being the case I believe there is a definitive answer to the question. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is not murder but that has done little to end the debate.

What if a higher power gave us the answer in a sealed envelope? Once and for all the question would be answered to end all of the speculation...with one catch. Those who feel abortion is not murder must stake there life on it before the envelope is opened. How many would?

If you are one of those who takes a strong pro-choice stance I would ask you to put yourself in this situation. If you would not stake your own life on it how can you feel justified in staking the lives of millions of unborn? What if you are wrong? If you are only 99.9% sure abortion is not murder you should still feel obligated to take a pro-life stance. Unless you feel taking a 0.1% chance on the lives of millions is okay.

I believe abortion is murder but if I'm wrong then I can still stand before God with a clear conscience. Can you?"

but whats the point of this it just beating a dead horse

That's not the question you were asked. The question you were asked is that if we can, for all intents and purposes, abrogate sexual liberty, why can't we simply mandate reproduction in general? You were also asked to reconcile the positions of being anti-tax vs. being anti-abortion, particularly in cases where rape is a factor in reproduction. You were not asked for a statistical breakdown of how many abortions occur for what reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm
I am for abortion in some cases.
For example, if someone was raped and had a kid from that (or maybe even just at a young age with someone who isn't around anymore) that person has to wake up every day and see her rapist (or past love) in her own kid. Could you imagine that? Why would you have a kid that you didn't want? And even if they are put up for adoption, they still go through life wondering why their parents didn't want them or why they don't look like their "parents". But with abortion, the kid is never born. They never have to be confused or unwanted. And anyone who has ever felt that pain wouldn't wish it on anyone.
But I think that abortion shouldn't be used as commonly as it is. Abortion should be a last option sort of deal. You know if you can't afford the kid or you were too young or raped then abortion is an answer.
However, I think that once the baby is aborted, the man and the woman should no longer be allowed to have kids. This will prevent unsafe sex and help with dieses too because you don't want your foolish mistakes to prevent you from ever having a child.
Sorry if I rewrote stuff you guys already said, I can't read through everything D;  

superturtle13

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:33 pm
Good! That's what I'm saying too. In some cases, abortion can be acceptable, but as a last option. I also like your idea of not letting them have kids after abortion, that's a really good idea. But, it would be very difficult to enforce. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:23 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
Good! That's what I'm saying too. In some cases, abortion can be acceptable, but as a last option. I also like your idea of not letting them have kids after abortion, that's a really good idea. But, it would be very difficult to enforce. neutral

you can neuter them or make them wear nuvaring what ever that is

personally i think the best birth controll well not haveing sex in the first place but if you do take a pill and make him wear rubber ((this is pretty much the stuff everyone already knows))  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:35 am
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

personally i think the best birth controll well not haveing sex in the first place but if you do take a pill and make him wear rubber ((this is pretty much the stuff everyone already knows))

True, but the thing is, you can't actually MAKE them wear a condom or take birth control pills. And I don't think the people would appreciate it if the government went around neutering people, haha sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 am
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

True, but the thing is, you can't actually MAKE them wear a condom or take birth control pills. And I don't think the people would appreciate it if the government went around neutering people, haha sweatdrop

true >.> sweatdrop but the thing bout the condoms and pills if they dont want to have a baby use alot of protection like condoms,pills or a sponge O.o there is alot of way to not get pregnant  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:13 pm
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

true >.> sweatdrop but the thing bout the condoms and pills if they dont want to have a baby use alot of protection like condoms,pills or a sponge O.o there is alot of way to not get pregnant

Yeah, of course, but there's no way to guarantee that everybody will do that. For example, in the rape case the people who are raping her are not going to care whether they're using protection or not confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

Yeah, of course, but there's no way to guarantee that everybody will do that. For example, in the rape case the people who are raping her are not going to care whether they're using protection or not confused

ya but thats not the main reason people get abortion  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

ya but thats not the main reason people get abortion

That's an irrelevant point. It IS the reason that SOME people get them. Whether or not it is the main reason is just obfuscating the point. Answer his point about the rape issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

Neutering someone would be a bad idea, unless of course it was a convicted sex offender. However, there are vasectomies which "clip a wire" in a guy's junk and its safe.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

airforce_freak6678

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm
My thoughts are: I DONT CARE... it has nothing to do with me, it does not change my life who am I to control what other people do, and at one point it is killing, before that point it is killing some cells that are constantly splitting. But either way the baby (even third-tri) doesnt have a real mind... yes it can move but it doesnt even know it is alive (it doesnt know anything; it cant see nor hear either). It is kind of like gay marriage, it doesnt affect you so why should care? The only reason 90% of the population cares is because of an institution based off a book, known as religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 pm
Hello commander :] fancy meeting you here.

However, I disagree with your views. I could say I don't care about the Iraq war, because It has nothing to do with me. I have no family members dying in the middle east. But I DO care, because there are brave men and women putting their lives in danger. I care for abortion cause we are removing people from this world, not even giving them a chance! What if one of the aborted babies could have been a leading politician, general, diplomat, ect.? They have no say, and so we shouldn't just decide that they shouldn't even get a chance at life. This has nothing to do with the bible or any other scripture, this has to do with human lives.

P.S. 70% of Americans have some kind of christian beliefs. I'm sure much less actually read the bible regularly, so therefore the bible can't influence 90% of the population, it's probably around the 40% mark or something along those lines.  

Captain Syrus Haley

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces