Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Where are you from? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amphex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:16 am
Hmm, I guess I'll add in where I was born to then; Adana, Turkey. I just lived in Dallas for the majority of my life, though I have lived in many places from Minot, North Dakota to the U.K.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:07 am
The state of north Carolina... woo! rolleyes The sheep state.  

iMito

LDC Fomalhaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:51 am
I'm from Stockton, UK.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:11 pm
[.caustic.]

And a random comment about the hot summers thing.. it gets hotter there than it does here, but it's more of a 'dry' heat there, right? It's gets into the 90s here but the humidity is really high Dx

Eh heh heh.. No, it gets plenty humid here. [points at Gulf of Mexico] Even though we're several hundred miles inland, it's still grossly humid combined with 100+ temperatures. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Oh, and about the "rural areas" of Virginia. It's a little different here. I live in a town of about 68,000 a few suburbs north of Dallas, which is the second largest city in Texas. It's not exactly.. rural. Anymore. But it's still really conservative because well, it's Texas. The most prominent features on the horizon from my high school are the catholic church, and one of the baptist churches.  

iviary

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:07 pm
Metro-Detroit, Michigan, USA. heart

One of the very few bright sides of living near Detroit: There is virtually no Republican Party in Detroit--which basically guarantees the state a blue ranking. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:31 am
Aaah! Jealous of Emma! I live in a red state. Even red in the Clinton and Dole vote. gonk

I live in Colorado. Currently residing in Fort Collins, CO (about twenty minutes from Wyoming, whomever said they lived there *waves*) but gonna be moving back down to Thornton/Westminster area.

w00t for the only Coloradan! *dance dance*  

PickleBoy

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 am
iviary
[.caustic.]

And a random comment about the hot summers thing.. it gets hotter there than it does here, but it's more of a 'dry' heat there, right? It's gets into the 90s here but the humidity is really high Dx

Eh heh heh.. No, it gets plenty humid here. [points at Gulf of Mexico] Even though we're several hundred miles inland, it's still grossly humid combined with 100+ temperatures. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Oh, and about the "rural areas" of Virginia. It's a little different here. I live in a town of about 68,000 a few suburbs north of Dallas, which is the second largest city in Texas. It's not exactly.. rural. Anymore. But it's still really conservative because well, it's Texas. The most prominent features on the horizon from my high school are the catholic church, and one of the baptist churches.
Ah. I dunno who I was talking to about that then >.> Maybe they were in a different state. I can't remember Dx That prolly didn't make much sense, but someone in one of my classes was commenting that it was more humid here and I thought they were from that area but oh well. o.x I should pay attention more xP

That kinda sounds like the same for my hometown/thing 3nodding The place I grew up in used to be a lot more rural, but development's sort of been creeping farther out slowly but surely.
I looked up population, since I had no clue, and where I'm from is about 30 thousand and the whole county's about 80 thousand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:08 am
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

3nodding  

Pistil

Dande_Lion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:55 pm
I grew up in Los Angeles California. Now I live in Birmingham, Alabama. There are lots of Baptists here. But most of my friends are pagans or have their own religion. One of my friends says that god is actually all the human minds together and god is schizophrenic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:26 pm
I'm up here in Portland, Oregon.

Actually, I'm lying. I had to see what this newfangled electricity stuff was, so I hitched up my wagon a few weeks ago and traveled on down to the "Silicon Valley" in California. I was pretty amazed; they've got these things like buggies that run without horses! Nearly got run over by a couple of them.

One of the really great things down here in California is the "running water". It's like a mountain stream at the tip of your finger! You just push a lever or turn a knob, and you've got water rushing out or in! It's crazy! I wish we had that back home; Ma almost got mauled by a bear a few months back when she went out to the outhouse in the middle of the night.

This Internet thing is the most bizarre, though. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand it.

But that's alright, 'cause I'm heading back home to good ol' Oregon in a couple days, where all this fancy technology won't interfere with my mountain man lifestyle.

I love Oregon.

... sweatdrop

Contrary to popular belief, we Oregonians actually do have electricity, running water, and pavement!

But anyway. Portland, Oregon. Proposed new motto: "If the rain doesn't kill you, you can do it yourself." Where the wild hipsters roam the streets and coffee shops.

That's my home.  

Southwest

TofuDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 am
Fremont, California.

I've got to say, Fremont is pretty mellow. The diversity of the town is just awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:35 pm
I live in Jawja (commonly misspelled "Georgia") in the Eunighted Staytes. (Or, at least, that's what other people down here say.)

Of course, it is also held in common belief that the Confederacy did win the Civil War, so I put little stock in what people from the South claim.  

DivideByZero14

Muaethia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:08 am
Sorry, hope i'm not reviving a dead thread here... ninja

I'm from West Yorkshire, in England. The north, generally. The land of mines + mills, the 'yorkshire' dialect is fairly unique- phrases like "ey up!" are stereotypical of yorkshire xd

I was born in Scotland, then moved to Oxford in the south of England, then to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emerates, then back to Norfolk in that little east part of britain in somewhere in the lower-middle that sticks out, then up to west yorkshire where all my family are from :/

Guess i'm from nowhere in particular xd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:29 am
iMito
The state of north Carolina... woo! rolleyes The sheep state.

Yay, me too.

I'm in an extremely liberal city called Asheville...surrounded by extremely conservative counties. Where does a middle of the road kind of guy go?!  

The Rock Buster

The Rock Buster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:33 am
DivideByZero14
I live in Jawja (commonly misspelled "Georgia") in the Eunighted Staytes. (Or, at least, that's what other people down here say.)

Of course, it is also held in common belief that the Confederacy did win the Civil War, so I put little stock in what people from the South claim.

LOL I was at Stone Mountain, Georgia a couple of months ago. I went to the laser show there, expecting it to be like awesome 3D images and huge shooting lasers.

To no suprise to me, though, the southerners effed it up again. They made the lasers draw dumb cartoons to their favorite country songs, and projected images of the American flag everywhere along while singing many patriotic songs. I've never had to sit through so much blind patriotism in my entire life. I like my country and everything...but Georgia is obsessed.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff