Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailormoon... why the heck do people call it childish, when Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serena-chan01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:54 am
Sailor Moon is NOT childish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 am
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki
the dub version IS childish! but the uncut undubbed raw japanese for it has alot more to it and makes more sence and is alot less childish. but I guess its just the way you see it that makes it childish or not. 3nodding

now dont get me wrong I still like the Dubbed wink

Yes I must agree with you. But I would like it alot more undubbed.

yes thats what I was saying Undubbed is better ^^ but the dubbed is still ok to watch if its all you have wink

Yes I agree. But sadly I cant watch either. I have no way of getting ahold of them. crying

have you tried getting them offline? like downloading them from bittorrent.com? ^^; or buying off ebay?

I dont trust ebay. And my dad doenst allow me to Download. crying

Try YouTube.com
They have most of the episodes uploaded there (mostly subs). If I can't get hold of an anime, I watch it there 'cause you don't need to download anything.  

KariKaily

Minion`s shadow mule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:43 pm
this has happened to alot of other animes/mangas too ... EX. pretty Sammy ... over in the U.S. its is dubed to death but with that dub then ... YOU SEE BOOBIES whee

I think i made my point ...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:23 am
but at least in other manga... in all the pages, the character has one name... unlike sailor moon which is argh!* wants to kill the manga translators...*  

Tanith_4486

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:01 pm
ok, Sailor Moon was intended for kids (as said earlier) but it is not childish.

stupid americans who don't really watch the series call it childish because it's a cartoon...

however, if someone tells u that Sailor Moon is for little kids (say for instance, at school) , don't fight back by saying "It's not for little kids! There's lesbians in it!" like i did in 6th grade... sweatdrop
just speaking from experience with people laughing at me...

xp kawaiibunny3's 2 cents...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 am
I THINK THAT PEOPLE WHO THINK SAILORMOON IS CHILDISH ARE SHOVENISTIC MALE PIGS WHO DON'T KNOW UP FROM DOWN. AND YOU ALL WHO DON'T THINK SAILOR MOON IS CHILDISH PRIOPS TO YOU. cool  

HEEROFLUFFY

HEEROFLUFFY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:50 am
kawaiibunny3

stupid americans who don't really watch the series call it childish because it's a cartoon...

however, if someone tells u that Sailor Moon is for little kids (say for instance, at school) , don't fight back by saying "It's not for little kids! There's lesbians in it!" like i did in 6th grade... sweatdrop

THAT MUST HAVE HURT.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:16 pm
maybe the anime a little but not the manga ... stars the most...  

Idril Linwelin

Idril Linwelin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:18 pm
kawaiibunny3

ha ha i id the same thing... i was buying a poster and talking to my friend and my mom came behind me and gave a condesending look... it was hilarious!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:21 pm
While the target audience was originally the young people, it certainly isn't at all "childish". The North American dub aired on U.S. television certainly makes it seem that way, however.

Also, regarding Haruka's death in Sailormoon S: She shot herself with Eudial's gun for two reasons. One was, indeed, to release the talisman. The other, however, was because she didn't want Michiru to "go into [her] own world, and leave her [Haruka] behind." Prior to that, at the beginning of the episode, Haruka had stirred Michiru from daydreaming by the pool, saying something along the lines of, "It's not fair to go off into your own world and leave me behind."

Myrandriel

starbloom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:43 pm
i agree with tecti.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:36 pm
saliormoon is kinda childish but she also kicks butt and that's why i like her she's the bom.  

starbloom

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:49 pm
okay that comment towards chovanists was cold, I used to be one, then SM made me mature a great deal. it was a little and then after catching the original Japanese episodes of the anime, I saw that too much was taken out. the United States thinks that sterilization is good but it's not! seriously, the worst thing you could do is LIE to a child. seriously, SM dubbers blatantly LIED to EVERYONE and now fans of the dub seem to grow ever more enraged with the frustration of finding out certain things were out of place and that key points of the story were removed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:34 pm
Indeed. Lying to a child is the worst thing any adult can do. It caused me to see the truth.

And while the anime was childish in a way, If you see the manga, sailor moon is more mature. Her princess self committed suicide after Endymion's death. Rini is not really that irksome, Haruka and Michiru are not senshi who doubt usagi's authority... and other stuff.  

Tanith_4486

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:34 pm
they say its the habits we pick up from Sera/sailor moo nthat kinda m,ake us act kidish! but hey i rather know i got to act liek a kid even if 30.. at least no one can tell me what to do in the mind set.. lol right?

SAILOR MOON IS NOT[quote] childish!
and all who say it is F*** U!!! evil  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas