Welcome to Gaia! ::

B.O.O. GUILD REVIVED

Back to Guilds

WE'RE BACK BABY 

Tags: OVERSEER, GUILD, BOOG, UILD, PLS BOOGUILD 

Reply Korra
I just realized something about 2012, december 21st Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chiyuri Kitashirakawa

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:18 pm

PCB Alice Margatroid
xKMxPrince
Tillisnut
2012 is a buch of ****.

It has no basis is science. It's all a mareketing ploy to support a movie. Note the movie 2012 just came out. Coincidence, I think not.

Ever hear of "War of The Worlds" where everyone thought we were being invated by Martians because of what people heard on the radio? This is another media event and all hype, no substance. We just have much more media exposure thanks to the Internet these days.

No Basis of Science?? You obviously don't no nothin about the Mayans. They weren't just about race of idiots, like you think they are.
Those guys were absolutley obsessed with time. They had shitty tools back then, but they knew more about Astronomy than you do. They had the most complex, yet accurate calenders of their time and probably know more about the stars than your teachers and professors.
"No basis of science"
smh

TL;DR version

BAWWWW THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER

-----

Seriously folks, these so called "End of the world" events have been around since.. well, forever.

and the blasted calendar says nothing about the end of the world; it says "The end of an era"

Last I checked, era =/= world

FFF ALICE
WHAT YOU DOIN' HERE
YOU STALKER
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm

The fact is that NO ONE knows what is going to happen on December 21st, 2012. You don't have to agree that the world is or isn't coming to an end or that some sort of EVENT will happen, but I personally believe that it would be very ignorant of us all to flat out say that NOTHING will happen, because you just don't know. That's being pretty naive. However, there IS nothing we can do about what may or may not occur in the future so we should all live our lives out normally and to the fullest that we can.

The4thDimension

Youko Sakura

Married Wife

16,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't think anything is going to happen for real. The end of the world is really one those things mankind isn't meant to know about. There is no real known set time for the end to come. I highly doubt it'll happen when it so-called is scheduled to. Well history has shown our social beliefs have been wrong or misled or misinterpreted. Back before the year 2000, everyone knew all the world's computers will shut down, all the nuclear bombs will go off, and life as we know it will fall away. 2000 came and went and nine years later, we're still here. Nothing happened. The Y2K theories all failed. So what's to make me think there won't be anything after December 21st, 2012, except 2012 Christmas and 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.............2030..........etc?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 pm

lol I know right?

Yuki Solaria

6,450 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200

Quizzicality

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Personally I don't believe it's going to happen. But who knows.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Rai the Hanyou Samurai
I don't think anything is going to happen for real. The end of the world is really one those things mankind isn't meant to know about. There is no real known set time for the end to come. I highly doubt it'll happen when it so-called is scheduled to. Well history has shown our social beliefs have been wrong or misled or misinterpreted. Back before the year 2000, everyone knew all the world's computers will shut down, all the nuclear bombs will go off, and life as we know it will fall away. 2000 came and went and nine years later, we're still here. Nothing happened. The Y2K theories all failed. So what's to make me think there won't be anything after December 21st, 2012, except 2012 Christmas and 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.............2030..........etc?

The Y2K problem and the 2012 "prophecy" are two completely different things. The Y2K bug was a computer data problem that came up in the 80's people believed because compueters abbreviated the current year in computers, when the year 2000 would hit, the computer systems could interpret 00 as 1900 messing up all the computing work resulting in a complete finance failure in all computer data systems. NOT the end of the man-kind. Un-like the 2012 issue which is believed to be a change with the planet caused by possibly either A) a large solar flare or B) "Planted X" or "Nibiru" which is supposedly supposed to come dangerously close to our atmosphere..or even C) some other unknown climate disaster that we haven't yet figured out. Like I said in a post earlier, though...I'm not saying that the world will or will not end. I'm saying that it is extremely ignorant of us to flat out say that it will NOT end because we simply DO NOT know..and probably will not until that time comes around.

The4thDimension

SaTsuKi98

Brainy Combatant

10,225 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't really believe it was 2012...
the one who know when the end was the God.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:11 am

Majin Studios
the world isn't going to end in 2012. the Mayan calendar simply ends on that date, why? Because it was said on Discovery that the Mayans end their calendar on that date. It's the end of an old age, beginning of a new age, meaning that their calendar is just resetting to date 0 again. There's no end of the world.

exactly, and if you research that further, you will find that we are currently in the FIFTH (or is it fourth?) cycle/era of the mayan calender

astroninja1

Dedicated Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Mysteltain08

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:01 am

if life's really about to end, honestly of course I cry... but there's no choice.. I guess I'll just do my best in everything and not lose hope. but tbh, I feel bad that I won't get to see myself finishing college and getting a job. well too bad that I don't get to spend more years with my friends. LOL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am

the world isn't going to end in 2012 as the uk are having the olympic games, and we brits will be sitting in seats having a cuppa tea and telling armageddon to f*** off!

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

PCB Alice Margatroid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 am

I know what will happen on December 21 of 2012.

I'll wake up :T

And then get on MSN and yell at Chiyuri about -something- touhou related.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 am

Teh Savior
xXKairiGiglioXx
out of pure honesty i would say that the theories are not true :l i mean thwe world has been wrong many times before. also the mayan calender is not reliable if you ask me so it is not probalabe. i am a young woman of christ and i belive only god can decide when the world ends and no one else. 3nodding
you're an idiot. the mayan calendar was actually among the most accurate ones ever created.
Do research before you spout your nonsense.

i have done reasearch. plus i dought that it was right. honestly they did not belive what i did. i do not care how accurate it is! i am sticking to what i belive

Heavenly KaiKai

Heavenly KaiKai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 am

KeJoRo
xXKairiGiglioXx
out of pure honesty i would say that the theories are not true :l i mean thwe world has been wrong many times before. also the mayan calender is not reliable if you ask me so it is not probalabe. i am a young woman of christ and i belive only god can decide when the world ends and no one else. 3nodding

Not meaning any disrespect, believe in whatever the hell you want, but seriously? Also, the bold, italicised, huge lettering all seem to suggest that you are basically trying to force your beliefs down our throats. The one thing I cannot stand in this world is religious idiots who refuse to believe anything other than what their respective holy books have to say about everything. If you believe that then you believe things such as Noah, am I right? Using Noah as an example, how can such an old man build such a huge ark and then gather two of EVERY animal in the world onto it, somehow keep them from killing each other for 40 days and then somehow in this modern age there are billions of animals and humans kicking around? Now I'm not telling you to stop believing in that sort of thing, but seriously, get over yourself. "I am a Christian" is much easier to say than "I am a young woman of Christ" and it gets me in a less rant-worthy position. Like Teh Sav said, the Mayans were one of the most accurate civilisations that the world has ever seen. Please do not degrade them with such clap-trap nonsense.

/rant

sorry i did not mean to make it seem that way. >.< i am just proud of what and who i am and i want others to know what i belive. agian sorry. sad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:55 am

Yea KairiGilio is right about sticking to what you believe, I dont know why people keep saying sheit tryin to change what other people think. Some people believe that something will happen on 2012, and some people dont. Who cares? Calm the ******** down and respect that other people have different beliefs than you. Anything anyone says isnt going to change what other people believe, so stop trying.

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Heavenly KaiKai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 am

Chiyuri Kitashirakawa
Ritorin
User Image
Oh hi. Lets Pokebattle

User Image

Holy ******** what have I done.
YOU GUYS WERE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE MAD AT THE FACT THAT THE WORLD ENDS BEFORE CHRISTMAS(assuming it does end)
CHRISTMAS
ಠ_ಠ

(lol at christ-believer-person)
(the spaghetti noodle god will be the one to decide whether the world ends)
User Image

It's the lord's plan
COMPLY

i love your view on this. i know every disagrees and only god can decide, thats what i dfeel and so does my boyfriend smile
Korra

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff