Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Personal Issues [LOCKED]
Religious Issues Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VanillaBear 166

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 pm
iHuntur
WereWeasels
yom!

@ Mintchan. The reason why people follow those commandments have nothing to do with the fact that they are the commandments, It's just that killing, stealing, not lying, etc. Are all just obviously bad things. People are raised not wanting to do bad, and therefore they don't do it. I'm sure if the commandments were diffferent, we would still not go around killing and stealing.

But the reason people feel as though stealing and lying and killing are wrong is because the Bible says that the Lord has hidden his word in our hearts, so that we may not trespass against him.

These days,where Adultary and Glutton are so idolized on TV and such,people are doing it more then ever. Same with Sex before marriage. Though people still know and feel they are wrong they do it anyway. The reason people can tell good from wrong is the first story of the bible. It is Human nature to know that those things are wrong and like it or not America and most parents are raised on christian principles  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:34 pm
VanillaBear 166
lenon01
Huntur
Constipated Emotion
Ok so I decided I was athiest one day during church and the priest was in the middle of a sermon about hell. Lets just say I was a very very very very bold kid who was wise for his age.XD
I sort of raised my hand and he asked me what I wanted, so I was like. "If god is real why wont he let us know? Why is cancer here? Did those people do something horrible to deserve it? Whats the point in worshipping a god that does nothing for his people?" The priest got all flustered and couldn't answer my questions lol. I wasn't aloud in the church anymore. XD
So since then people find out that I'm an athiest and I really dont care. People give me so much s**t about it that it gets annoying though. So one time this group of kids were having a bible study during lunch. After it was over they gathered around me and proceded to beat the s**t out of me. I pretty much sat there bleeding and said. "Well youve beat the s**t out of someone for a lack of belief. Have fun in hell if its real." And they looked all shocked so I grinned a bloody-toothed grin and they freaked out and ran away. lol.
The next day I beat the s**t out of all the guys and was like. "I dont have to worry about hell because I dont believe in it." They got all pissed off.
Then one of them called me a c***k, which I laughed at because its a racist term for vietnemese and I'm white. XD
SoI told him and he looked like an idiot. So I grabbed his hair and smashed his face into a wall then kicked him in the ribs for a few minutes and told him it was for the effort of trying to insult me. XD

Then they all talked to me the next day and told me I would go to hell for not believeing. I told them that they were going to hell FOR believeing. I mean more war is caused by religion then anything else in the world.

And thats my crazy a** religion story. XD

I find this HIGHLY untrue. I am a strong believer in Christianity and am a strong Christian. I have seen many preachers where I am from tomple this question down with almost the same exact answer that I find more plausible each and every day, "The good may prosper, yet so they may fall. But what need would there be for him if there was no bad in the world? Our God has a need to be feared and needed by all people of the earth, in thus must allow some sort of chaos to go on in order to keep the dependence on him. There is no chaos he is not in control of, so it is not like he is losing his hold on things and letting people die. He is proving a point to make the relationship between him and his people stronger."

You see, it is not by the good deeds of God that we must believe in him, it is the fear of the negative events happening that would lead us to fear and believe in a higher power.

Morals really are only conceived because we don't want things like that happening to us. I doubt you'll find a bunch of people who want to just be shot up because somebody was bored or something. Dx

The same goes with stealing and all that.

About religion, I believe more in Ideas than a Supreme Being. However, I am NOT christian because I believe that if there was a perfect being, he wouldn't need to be 'feared' or whatnot and won't be afraid of losing influence among the world. The bible tells me to fear God, but that sounds like the god they are describing is all 'high-and-mighty' and 'full of himself', which makes me think that it's a load of bullcrap. Why would a Supreme Being that can do whatever it wants need us to believe in it?

So, I believe in morals such as the no stealing/killing and that stuff, but I can't believe in the Christian God, or most of the other gods. I also believe that if there IS a god (or goddess, I suppose...or just 'being') then he doesn't need us to worship him and is instead letting us live for the sake of living.

God doesnt need you to beleive in him. He wants you to. He loves each and every person on the earth no matter who they are. God is almighty,Humans should fear him,respect him but most importantly try to love him as he loves us but that it impossible. If what you said is true then those kids who attacked you are wrong. The bible says pray for the lost,and befriend your enemy. Violence begets only more Violence as in you attacking them. God does everything for you,every second of life is a gift that we dont deserve. Jesus came and died for us,a man who did nothing wrong,so you could die and be freed of all sin. He died for YOU. Any other questions friend? I mean this in the most honest and loving way possible

Jesus is a real person, who is called the son of the Lord, but in the End, he is just another Person who died for her beliefs.

((And Mother Mary was schizophrenic XD))  

Naruto Eternity

VanillaBear 166

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 pm
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
lenon01
Huntur
Constipated Emotion
Ok so I decided I was athiest one day during church and the priest was in the middle of a sermon about hell. Lets just say I was a very very very very bold kid who was wise for his age.XD
I sort of raised my hand and he asked me what I wanted, so I was like. "If god is real why wont he let us know? Why is cancer here? Did those people do something horrible to deserve it? Whats the point in worshipping a god that does nothing for his people?" The priest got all flustered and couldn't answer my questions lol. I wasn't aloud in the church anymore. XD
So since then people find out that I'm an athiest and I really dont care. People give me so much s**t about it that it gets annoying though. So one time this group of kids were having a bible study during lunch. After it was over they gathered around me and proceded to beat the s**t out of me. I pretty much sat there bleeding and said. "Well youve beat the s**t out of someone for a lack of belief. Have fun in hell if its real." And they looked all shocked so I grinned a bloody-toothed grin and they freaked out and ran away. lol.
The next day I beat the s**t out of all the guys and was like. "I dont have to worry about hell because I dont believe in it." They got all pissed off.
Then one of them called me a c***k, which I laughed at because its a racist term for vietnemese and I'm white. XD
SoI told him and he looked like an idiot. So I grabbed his hair and smashed his face into a wall then kicked him in the ribs for a few minutes and told him it was for the effort of trying to insult me. XD

Then they all talked to me the next day and told me I would go to hell for not believeing. I told them that they were going to hell FOR believeing. I mean more war is caused by religion then anything else in the world.

I find this HIGHLY untrue. I am a strong believer in Christianity and am a strong Christian. I have seen many preachers where I am from tomple this question down with almost the same exact answer that I find more plausible each and every day, "The good may prosper, yet so they may fall. But what need would there be for him if there was no bad in the world? Our God has a need to be feared and needed by all people of the earth, in thus must allow some sort of chaos to go on in order to keep the dependence on him. There is no chaos he is not in control of, so it is not like he is losing his hold on things and letting people die. He is proving a point to make the relationship between him and his people stronger."

You see, it is not by the good deeds of God that we must believe in him, it is the fear of the negative events happening that would lead us to fear and believe in a higher power.

Morals really are only conceived because we don't want things like that happening to us. I doubt you'll find a bunch of people who want to just be shot up because somebody was bored or something. Dx

About religion, I believe more in Ideas than a Supreme Being. However, I am NOT christian because I believe that if there was a perfect being, he wouldn't need to be 'feared' or whatnot and won't be afraid of losing influence among the world. The bible tells me to fear God, but that sounds like the god they are describing is all 'high-and-mighty' and 'full of himself', which makes me think that it's a load of bullcrap. Why would a Supreme Being that can do whatever it wants need us to believe in it?

So, I believe in morals such as the no stealing/killing and that stuff, but I can't believe in the Christian God, or most of the other gods. I also believe that if there IS a god (or goddess, I suppose...or just 'being') then he doesn't need us to worship him and is instead letting us live for the sake of living.

God doesnt need you to beleive in him. He wants you to. He loves each and every person on the earth no matter who they are. God is almighty,Humans should fear him,respect him but most importantly try to love him as he loves us but that it impossible. If what you said is true then those kids who attacked you are wrong. The bible says pray for the lost,and befriend your enemy. Violence begets only more Violence as in you attacking them. God does everything for you,every second of life is a gift that we dont deserve. Jesus came and died for us,a man who did nothing wrong,so you could die and be freed of all sin. He died for YOU. Any other questions friend? I mean this in the most honest and loving way possible

Jesus is a real person, who is called the son of the Lord, but in the End, he is just another Person who died for her beliefs.

Explain?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:46 pm
VanillaBear 166
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
lenon01
Huntur
Constipated Emotion

Explain?

Jesus did exist >.> I mean, some people don't believe in the bible, but his burning ACTUALLY happened.

Aside from that, If someone now a days claimed to be the son of God, Would you Believe them? If that person's mother claimed she had spoken with an angel, saying she would give birth to the son of god, would you believe her?

I know people claim to have been spoken to by god, and have been given visions, but really, do you believe that? People could be delusional, mentally retarded, or schizophrenic.

All this stuff existed 2000 years ago as well.

My Family (Not my Immediate family) on my Mother's side are Jahova's Witnesses. They have a rule, that they aren't allowed to take, or give blood.

When My mom was dieing after she gave birth to my baby sister, she needed to take blood. My Father and Grandma yelled at each other for hours. My father had to push my grandmother out of the room in order for them to let my mother receive blood.

If my mother had followed her old religion, she would be dead today.  

Naruto Eternity

Silence-S Scream

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 pm
Umm... Jesus wasn't burned?
AND ATHIEST GUY!!!
that didn't happen. First of all because that violence JUST DOESN'T happen in schools, and second because even if they were fake christian, they wouldnt beat your teeth out for not believing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:59 pm
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
lenon01

Explain?

Jesus did exist >.> I mean, some people don't believe in the bible, but his burning ACTUALLY happened.

Aside from that, If someone now a days claimed to be the son of God, Would you Believe them? If that person's mother claimed she had spoken with an angel, saying she would give birth to the son of god, would you believe her?

I know people claim to have been spoken to by god, and have been given visions, but really, do you believe that? People could be delusional, mentally retarded, or schizophrenic.

My Family (Not my Immediate family) on my Mother's side are Jahova's Witnesses. They have a rule, that they aren't allowed to take, or give blood.

When My mom was dieing after she gave birth to my baby sister, she needed to take blood. My Father and Grandma yelled at each other for hours. My father had to push my grandmother out of the room in order for them to let my mother receive blood.

Burning?Jesus was arrested,given trial,beaten,sentenced to death,beaten more,then crucified in that order. Historians found the Roman records of the trials of Jesus and his convictions,proving that he was crucified.

If someone came to me saying that she had given birth to the Son of God I would not beleive her,no, for it says that Jesus Shall DECEND unto the earth for his second coming not be born again

Many people are false prophets,it is quiet easy to tell. You listen to what they say,and see if it lines up with what the bible is saying. Usually at some point (at least recently) they dont align and God never contradicts himself

Exactly,it existed 2000 years ago! When you have people from 3 Continents saying the same thing all within a few years time you know it has to be true.

The Rule the the Witnesses follow about blood is taken out of a verse in acts. They revere blood as sacred much like not eating pig is sacred to the Jewish community. The taking and giving of blood is fine as Jesus even said that his blood would give the Human Race new life

VanillaBear 166

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Naruto Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 am
VanillaBear 166
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
Lord Akira Uchiha
VanillaBear 166
lenon01

Explain?

Burning?Jesus was arrested,given trial,beaten,sentenced to death,beaten more,then crucified in that order. Historians found the Roman records of the trials of Jesus and his convictions,proving that he was crucified.

If someone came to me saying that she had given birth to the Son of God I would not beleive her,no, for it says that Jesus Shall DECEND unto the earth for his second coming not be born again

Many people are false prophets,it is quiet easy to tell. You listen to what they say,and see if it lines up with what the bible is saying. Usually at some point (at least recently) they dont align and God never contradicts himself

Exactly,it existed 2000 years ago! When you have people from 3 Continents saying the same thing all within a few years time you know it has to be true.

The Rule the the Witnesses follow about blood is taken out of a verse in acts. They revere blood as sacred much like not eating pig is sacred to the Jewish community. The taking and giving of blood is fine as Jesus even said that his blood would give the Human Race new life

1. There are different bibles, they have been misconstrude over thousands of years.

2. Ever hear of something called the crusades? Things like that were happening for hundreds of years! If it had been the egyptians that were the militaristic power and defeated the Romans, We would probably be believing in the Ancient Egyptian Gods! If the Greeks had beaten the Romans, we might be believeing in the ancient Greek gods! Hell, if the Sumerians and Assyrians weren't mostly spread over and wiped out, and developed into long standing empires, we would believe in their gods, because they are the oldest. God isn't the first religion. Did you know that the first actual bible was completely formed in the 1500s? when Gutenberg gathered every page needed for the BIble and used it in the printing press. Before then, People were believing what priests told them, and most priests hadn't completely read the bible. not to mention, the bible in itself is the biggest thing. It was written by man. Therefore it is imperfect.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am
DeadlyDarkWarrior
AND ATHIEST GUY!!!
that didn't happen. First of all because that violence JUST DOESN'T happen in schools, and second because even if they were fake christian, they wouldnt beat your teeth out for not believing.

People will beat the crap out of another for not believing. My grandma and step uncle/aunt say I can't and my friend ca't have a christmas cause we are Athiest. Being a fake christian is bad for your health. People say bless the Lord when they don't even go to church. People say god have mercy when they probaly don't even read the bible or looked at it's pages. Explain why it happens. I believe some bored guy wearing white silk robes and a red sash started to write a book but it soon became a bible and then started religion and non-religion.  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 am
@Deadly: That post was disgusting. Your ignorance is astounding.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 am
The Old Testament is the Diaries and Journal Entires of the people in which they are in. David wrote the Psalms,Moses wrote Genesis and Exodus and so on.What you don't understand is that God wanted what was in the bible to be in the bible. He told Moses of what happened in the book of Genesis so he could write it and did the same for peter in revelation. The first "Complete" bible was the King James version was made in the 400's on his orders. Local churchs had the transcripts of the Apostales which they left with the church telling them to keep them. The kings scholars went out,gathered all the testaments of the apostales,and placed them in the bible next to the old testament which had been made for thousands of years already. The crusades were the result of the catholic church growing in power and religious fever running so wild that they wanted to take the Holy Land back from the Islamic beleiving muslims that inhabited it. It is for this reason that we are at war today. God put what he wanted in the bible. It wasnt mans plan it was HIS. He wouldnt let anyone put anything that wasnt true in there. The Egyptians were a Roman Protectorate...they never beat them and never could beat them,in fact that last Egyptian Pharohh diead because of Rome. The bible says what it is meant to say and is perfect  

VanillaBear 166

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Naruto Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 am
DeadlyDarkWarrior
AND ATHIEST GUY!!!

-Shrugs- Never Read the Bible, never forced to. I hate Religion. Which is why I am a Druid.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am
Ok, this is what I think of religion. I do not intend to offend.
I think it's a whole wacko scheme by some nutjob who got lucky, due to the romans wanting to exploit the religion. He thought he was god.
On the news today, if we see someone who says they're the son of god, and they assault people who trade on temples, we'd think they're crazy, yes? He was simply the crazy temple assaulting "son of god" of the early years.
But yes, religion is a plague. It's been used for an excuse of profit, bigotry, murder, hatred, and etc for thousands of years.
It'd be better if it simply ended.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

Rosiels Wrote:
Kamix Kali Wrote:
Have you read the religion thread in the Mature lounge? ;o there are extended responses
That's religion, I'm talking just about believing in superior being, not the whole dogma thing
They do discuss a superior being in there.

I don't believe in a superior being because I'm not afraid of what come after death, nor do I need anything to believe in to "watch over me" Since that's why most people believe in their gods.

I believe in the pure scientific creation of this universe. I also believe in that it was man who created all the supreme beings that's existed. "Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?" - Nietzsche.

Kamix Kali

BUMP MY BOOTY GRAB THREAD

BlueFlame90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 am

I do not see religion as a whole as a beneficial aspect. I believe religion is created solely for the purpose of people realizing "oh s**t. Im'ma die. Need to make up something to pretend my life has meaning." It gives false comfort to those who have nothing else to look towards.

Religion is created by man; man creates the image of god, not the other way around.

Humans have gone through what, millions of religions? Even Christianity alone has 30k+ variations to it.

And since religion offers such "comfort" people will blindly follow it despite rationality because one man says it is the will of god.
Take for instance the Crusades. The Crusades was done by the church to pretty much exterminate muslim, jews and anyone who posed a threat to the popes. Soldiers blindly follow it because the church told them it was the will of God.

Religion extremists distort whatever clairvoyance religion has and uses it as a weapon. Radical extremists will say Allah commands them to become suicide bombers while in reality, they take one passage out of the Qur'an and distort it to fit their own needs.

Religion has no evidence behind it. God created all things, then who created god? Answer: Uh... follow it because the dude is so awesome he makes s**t out of nothing. Have you ever seen s**t come out of nothing? I haven't. If god knows all things, then he knows who will be going to heaven or hell so how can one have free will if the outcome is predetermined? Answer: Uh... follow it anyways because the dude is awesome.

Religion is a convenient lie and the most deadly of weapons.

------
I do not affirm or deny that there is such thing as a superior being, I just choose not to believe in any until there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Evidence that comes from the superior being and not from a HUMAN. Human beings are deceptive and selfish by nature; not all, but a substantial amount will use religion to further their own goals. These followers become nothing more than the pawn of nefarious men.

Here are good arguments.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Naruto Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:25 am
VanillaBear 166
The Old Testament is the Diaries and Journal Entires of the people in which they are in. David wrote the Psalms,Moses wrote Genesis and Exodus and so on.What you don't understand is that God wanted what was in the bible to be in the bible. He told Moses of what happened in the book of Genesis so he could write it and did the same for peter in revelation. The first "Complete" bible was the King James version was made in the 400's on his orders. Local churchs had the transcripts of the Apostales which they left with the church telling them to keep them. The kings scholars went out,gathered all the testaments of the apostales,and placed them in the bible next to the old testament which had been made for thousands of years already. The crusades were the result of the catholic church growing in power and religious fever running so wild that they wanted to take the Holy Land back from the Islamic beleiving muslims that inhabited it. It is for this reason that we are at war today. God put what he wanted in the bible. It wasnt mans plan it was HIS. He wouldnt let anyone put anything that wasnt true in there. The Egyptians were a Roman Protectorate...they never beat them and never could beat them,in fact that last Egyptian Pharohh diead because of Rome. The bible says what it is meant to say and is perfect

Belief is all it is. The Bible Isn't perfect, and anyone that thinks that is a dumb-a** (no offense to the religion) I tried to believe in god, never worked.

and from what your telling me is, he allows people to every day, lie, steal and cheat because of the bible, but he doesn't allow lies in a book? Priests tell more nonsense than the bible. Humans are imperfect, so therefore the bible is interpreted imperfectly, and Gods words are imperfectly written. Therefore, even if it is say... 1%, then for everyone 100 people in the word 1 of them is ******** up. but we know that by today, it is many more than that. We need to stop letting religion control us like this, because this is the same reason Wars were started.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 am
Hey, he doesn't allow lies in a book? Go read Leviticus. If his chapter isn't a lie, heaven will have NO people. AT ALL.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Official Sasuke Uchiha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am
Scrapples
Religion is ridiculous. People will verbally attack a person because of what they believe, people will hurt people because of what they believe, people will kill people just because of something they believe. Something that isn't even a sure thing, yet there is so much hurt just because of believing.

This is why I believe all bibles should be burnt, all Qurans defiled.  
Personal Issues [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff