Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 pm
Games are put on sale all the time on Steam. I've purchased Bioshock for $15 when it was pretty much a new game. I got Far Cry 2 for $10. Pricing is better through digital distribution.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Games are put on sale all the time on Steam. I've purchased Bioshock for $15 when it was pretty much a new game. I got Far Cry 2 for $10. Pricing is better through digital distribution.
User Image
Yeah, I'm really miffed I missed the two-dollar TF2. The free weekends are pretty clever sales tactics, too. My main problem with digital distribution is that they would have to make online currency cards way more available than they are now. I currently can't use Steam to buy things because I don't have a credit card and I'm not set up for online banking (and for security reasons don't want to be), and well, they don't sell too much of that points-card s**t here. Canada isn't even an obscure country, so I'm assuming we're not the only ones.

Also if they went 100% for this method, hard drive space would CONSTANTLY be an issue. We'd be forking over thousands for deluxe editions of new consoles because the minimalist ones would only have room for 5 or 6 games.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
User Image
Yeah, I'm really miffed I missed the two-dollar TF2. The free weekends are pretty clever sales tactics, too. My main problem with digital distribution is that they would have to make online currency cards way more available than they are now. I currently can't use Steam to buy things because I don't have a credit card and I'm not set up for online banking (and for security reasons don't want to be), and well, they don't sell too much of that points-card s**t here. Canada isn't even an obscure country, so I'm assuming we're not the only ones.

Also if they went 100% for this method, hard drive space would CONSTANTLY be an issue. We'd be forking over thousands for deluxe editions of new consoles because the minimalist ones would only have room for 5 or 6 games.

User Image
You can delete it and redownload it free later.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 pm
User Image
Or I could hit Eject and put it back in its case, and just re-open the case for free later.

Both methods of distribution have their pros and cons and I don't want to see either completely abolished.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
Or I could hit Eject and put it back in its case, and just re-open the case for free later.

Both methods of distribution have their pros and cons and I don't want to see either completely abolished.

User Image
Good point. They should just make the hard disks come with a lock code or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
We would just need to stop the pirates, since the digital distribution seems to be their main method of EVIL.
Hearing the figures for Modern Warfare 2 really woke me up to just how evil piracy is. I think Steam is a pretty solid service. At least I haven't heard anything about rampant piracy on there.

Also, the PS3's security has been tighter than a gnat's a**. I think I heard about a recent hack, but it virtually requires the user to jump through burning hoops. If future consoles could be a stalwart as that, the bleeding would slow down a lot.

Yeah, but even the PS3's going to be cracked pretty soon.

Honestly, I'm convinced that games like Madworld and No More Heroes would have sold at least twice as well if not for pirates. You always hear people talking about them, and yet when they come out the sales are horrible. I WONDER WHY HMM  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah, but even the PS3's going to be cracked pretty soon.

Honestly, I'm convinced that games like Madworld and No More Heroes would have sold at least twice as well if not for pirates. You always hear people talking about them, and yet when they come out the sales are horrible. I WONDER WHY HMM
No doubt, but the fact that it's still solid is remarkable. It's almost unprecedented. The Wii and 360 cracked fairly quickly.

Those games would have sold better, no question. At least for NMH. Not too sure how popular Madworld was.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:40 pm
I got TF2 as part of 10 dollar orange box.

Now that's a deal, even when I already had Half-life2 and episode 1.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

God Of Video Games

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:40 pm
Dude, Nintendo has been on top of the video game world since 1981 when the Donkey Kong arcade came out (Except for that slight time period in the 90's when Sonic the Hedgehog was introduced to the world, but it looks like those days are over), And i expect them to continue there rampage on the other systems like always for another 20-30 more years, at which point Nintendo would grow so big and powerful as to buy all of both north and south America becoming there own country and then there own planet. NINTENDO POWER IS MORE THAT JUST A SLOGAN!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:12 pm
That ******** sucks eek SERIOUSLY!!!! How the hell are you going to play the game drunk or high? One of my favorite past times is getting inebriated then playing games. If you are messed up you can hit a button too hard. Nothing happens, the game continues as normal.

With this natal thing, you couldn't even play messed up. That's no fun.  

Satrevi

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces