Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply VIP RP
{Dead} [X]-School of Magic-[X] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:30 pm
"Right you are, Zann." Lucien said. "Also, to enchant a weapon," he pulled out a sword from beneath his desk, "allows you to imbibe certain properties into it, such as..." he placed a hand on the blade and spoke a few words. "Poison..." the sword glowed a deadly green, "Electricity..." the sword glowed gold and crackled with lightning, "And frost..." the sword glowed ice-blue and ice crystals started to form on the blade, "Just to name a few," he finished as he returned the sword to its original state. "Enchanting weapons also allows you to, like Zann said, increase its power, be it deadliness or physical strength. You can even enchant it to give you a little boost to your own abilities. Now, have I lost anyone?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:37 pm
Zann was amazed at Lucien's skill, and it took him a while to summon the words to speak. 'No, Lucien. You're crystal clear. Do we get to try?'  

AngryNinjah

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

forsillyfools

Ruthless Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:37 pm
Alex sat in her desk jotting down a couple of notes and when she was done she put her hand up and asked "What do you mean when you say 'we can enchant it to boost our own abilities'?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm
Hana sat forward a little, curious about the answer to the question the other girl had just asked.  

DoctorXRose

5,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:46 pm
Lucien decided to answer Alexandra first, seeing as her question was a bit more important. "What I mean is, you can enchant weapons to increase your battle prowess, elevate your mind to a clearer state, make you more agile. Hell, you can even enchant a weapon to make you smarter." he said with a smile. "Though, I don't want to see any of you doing this," he added quickly, cursing himself for giving them ideas. Then, he answered Zann by saying "Yes, you will get to try it yourself. Here..." he opened a cabinet by his desk and pulled out four metal rods. He made them float over to each of the students and land on their respective desks. "Now, we aren't going to start with anything too difficult. I want you to put your hand over the rod I just gave you and repeat this incantation: Feleris skolirio." he repeated the incantation on his sword to demonstrate. "What this does, is it covers your sword in a magical barrier, impenetrable by anything but the most powerful magics. At least, that's what it does for me." he added with a chuckle. "Go on, try it." he encouraged the students.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 pm
Hana raised her hand, hovering it over the rod and repeated the words Lucein had recited. 'Feleris skolirio.' The staff levitated for a brief moment, as if an invisible hand had just picked it up and laid it back down. Hana stared at it.
'what do the words mean, Lucien?' she inquired.

DoctorXRose

5,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

forsillyfools

Ruthless Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 pm
Alexandra grabbed the metal rod and said the spell "Feleris Skolirio" for a second there was a barrier but it dissapeared. "Excuse me Professer Elroth? Was that supposed to happen?"She repeated the spell after that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 pm
Zann placed his hand on the rod, and muttered "Feleris Skolirio." The rod glowed a strange light with no perticular color. "Is that right, Lucien?" Zann asked.  

AngryNinjah

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm
"Very good, Zann! That is exactly what's supposed to happen." Lucien said, a little surprised at Zann's progress. He then walked over to the two girls. "Alex, try holding your hand over the rod, rather than just picking it up. Touch spells only last until you stop contact. And Hana," he looked at her, "The words Feleris skolirio mean, in exact translation, "metal barrier". Try saying the words with a different inflection. That usually helps with these kinds of troubles." He continued to amble around the room, with no apparent purpose other than to keep himself entertained before stopping back at his desk.

((edited "sword barrier" to "metal barrier"))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:08 pm
Shayne had completed preparations for his class, though it would be a while before the students came to him for instruction, they needed to get at least a slight understanding of their magic before coming to his class. Deciding to go and see how the students were doing, he exited his classroom and ventured down the hallways and into Lucien's class. He knocked before entering, closing the door behind him. "Greeting everyone, how is your first class going?" Shayne said once Lucien had finished speaking.  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

DoctorXRose

5,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:09 pm
'Feleris skolirio,' Hana tried again, doing as he suggested and using a different inflection. This time the rod glowed an electric blue, flashing brightly before settling to a more steady not-quite-sky-blue color.
She looked up at Lucien, seeking approval.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Alex tried again this time with her hand over the rod "Feleris Skolirio!!!" she said with full concentration. It Glowed a fiery red and the barrier looked bigger and a tiny bit stronger. once it stopped she said "What just happened?"  

forsillyfools

Ruthless Dabbler

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 pm
"Loads better! Good job, Hana!" Lucien said after she looked up at him. He turned to Alex. "It appears that you've bested Zann in the barrier-making! Well done!" he said to her, a little worried at how good this class was doing. He looked at the door.. "And.. ah, who else but Shayne could stop by! Good afternoon, my good friend. Class, this is Shayne Donner, your Magical Combat instructor, as well as one of my best friends."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Zann was surprised to see the teacher walk in the classroom. "It's going good, Shayne. Lucien here just taught us how to put a barrier around a metal rod." Zann demonstrates by muttering "Feleris Skolirio" while holding on the rod and putting a barrier on it.

((EDIT: My character knows shaynes name because lucies said it))  

AngryNinjah

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

forsillyfools

Ruthless Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:23 pm
"Hello Mr.Donner!" she said with a smile."I'm really excited about your class!!"she said bashfully.  
VIP RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff