Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokémon 5th Gen: What do you wanna see? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the whole list?
  Yup, all of it.
  Most of it; I skimmed.
  No, I'm just gonna gripe and possibly repeat something that's been said.
View Results

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm
I did enjoy having the map constantly on the bottom screen in Diamond.

That's all I really want.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 pm
Owwin
Darth Steven 09
I want to see diffrent starter types, like ghost, dark, psycic. Seriously the Fire, water, grass is getting kinda old.
The bad thing is that nothing has the right balance. Psychic takes double from dark and ghost, ghost takes normal from psychic and double from dark, and dark takes 0 from psychic and half from ghost. Dark is the obvious choice here. If anything make 3 totally unrelated types with no strengths or weaknesses.

FIGHTING ELECTRIC POISON!
NORMAL FLYING STEEL  

MaverickDrifter

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:59 pm
digi734
Owwin
Darth Steven 09
I want to see diffrent starter types, like ghost, dark, psycic. Seriously the Fire, water, grass is getting kinda old.
The bad thing is that nothing has the right balance. Psychic takes double from dark and ghost, ghost takes normal from psychic and double from dark, and dark takes 0 from psychic and half from ghost. Dark is the obvious choice here. If anything make 3 totally unrelated types with no strengths or weaknesses.

NORMAL FLYING STEEL
That would be a terrible matchup. Flying and Normal do half damage to Steel.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:05 pm
Owwin
digi734
Owwin
Darth Steven 09

NORMAL FLYING STEEL

Psychic
Ice
Normal

No type strengths/weaknesses

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:08 pm
Owwin
digi734
Owwin
Darth Steven 09

NORMAL FLYING STEEL
Forgot about that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:12 pm
SlR PRIZE
Owwin
digi734
Owwin
Darth Steven 09

NORMAL FLYING STEEL

Psychic
Ice
Normal

No type strengths/weaknesses
I just realized poison has a fighting resistance this one is better. but how about psychic ice electric instead? Normal is kinda plain for a starter.  

Owwin

Orphie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:33 pm
Hey, how about a good plot for once and not the same one being rehashed over and over again?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:37 pm
Orphie
Hey, how about a good plot for once and not the same one being rehashed over and over again?
example plox  

MaverickDrifter

Orphie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 pm
digi734
Orphie
example plox
Example for what? The plots being rehashed or a new plot? Because coming up with a plot isn't my job, that's for those guys at the Pokemon company to figure out.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:45 pm
Orphie
digi734
Orphie
example plox
Example for what? The plots being rehashed or a new plot? Because coming up with a plot isn't my job, that's for those guys at the Pokemon company to figure out.
Well since the same plot was used for about 12 games, It can be hard thinking of a new one.  

MaverickDrifter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:48 pm
digi734
Orphie
digi734
Orphie
example plox
Well since the same plot was used for about 12 games, It can be hard thinking of a new one.

Actually it'd be pretty easy. Just do something that's NOT the same plot.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 pm
Waynebrizzle
digi734
Orphie
digi734
Orphie
example plox

Like what? Have your character kidnapped then try to escape while taking the pokemon of others then going to get stronger? Start out as a poor boy with a Ratatta and work your way up the Pokemon social class ladder? I'm just throwing these half-assed ideas out there.  

MaverickDrifter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:01 pm
digi734
Waynebrizzle
digi734
Orphie
digi734
Orphie
example plox

Like what? Have your character kidnapped then try to escape while taking the pokemon of others then going to get stronger? Start out as a poor boy with a Ratatta and work your way up the Pokemon social class ladder? I'm just throwing these half-assed ideas out there.

All sound like refreshing new storylines that I'd welcome with open arms. The Ratatta one actually sounds pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:17 pm
You wake up on an island. No professors, no small town. You are alone and scared. You stumble upon 3 pokemon eggs, but you only have the body heat to keep one warm. You have to abandon the other two to keep away some hungry weasel pokemon, it is the eggs or you. You hatch the egg, start asking around, and along your way you find that people recognize you. You were a trainer once. You go to the gyms and beat them and you get info along the way leading you to the truth.

Turns out, it wasn't you the people recognized. Your older sibling was the last champion and you resemble each other. Your cruise ship got attacked when Team _____ was trying to get at the Champ's pokemon. You leap through the ranks of the Pokemon League, the media attention allows your parents to find you, and you and your family find that your sibling the previous champ was put into a coma, and you are able to wake him or her up by finding one of his or her old psychic pokemon. They are distraught at how long they have been comatose, and they are saddened that most of their pokemon are gone and that they couldn't protect you.

You and your rival travel another continent (hoenn or sinnoh or some s**t) and get leads on where Team _____'s base is. Your sibling watches you progress and gets hope.

Finally your rival and you storm the Team _____ base to stop them and recover your sibling's pokemon. You get separated, and get ambushed by the leaders of Team _____ and your sibling shows up in the nick of time, FOR A KICK a** END OF GAME DOUBLE BATTLE!

EDIT: why were they after the champ's pokemon? They wanted to go challenge this game's legendary. The embodiment of Pokemon fighting spirit that makes pokemon want to fight. The first fighting legendary. It only appears for strong opponents you know.  

Owwin

Orphie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:27 pm
I like Owwin's idea. That's pretty cool.

I also like the idea of the people recognizing you or you getting some sort of reputation from battling. I always thought it was stupid how no one even cares that the trainer is some hotshot who beat the elite four.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff