Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply One on One
[Z_] and Eclipse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:07 pm
The young girl’s eyes were wide enough to fill her face, as she let Kraid’s hand lean against her face. Inhaling slowly, she glanced down at the hole in her pants. Already you could see the scars. In a fluid movement, she leaned down, ripping the length of her pant leg. Along it, you could see ripples in the skin where flames danced across it, and lower, her skin was still red from the long ago heat, with the edges charred, the parts that had yet to fall off. “I burn, Kraid,” she kept her voice calm, ignoring the blade he drew and just looking into his eyes. “You don’t need to be afraid of fear. For you are, that’s why you try to make others scared. To pretend you don’t feel it.” Her voice was soft, as the conversation was between the two of them, Miles already probably understanding it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Kraid shook his head, lifting the girl from his lap. "You do burn it seems," He spoke simply, reaching out and running his hand over the scars. "You poor thing." He looked up from her leg and to her face, placing his scythe on the ground. "But do not think for a moment you know anything of who I am," He warned her, turning away.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 am
Leona twitched as his hand ran over the scars. Her nerves were messed up from the burning: so when he touched her knee she could only feel a tingling at her ankle. It was a terrible sensation. She covered her scars, as best she could, and reached out to touch Kraid's face, turning it towards her, "You don't hide as well as you think you do." she murmured, standing off his lap. She walked smoothly back over to Miles, sitting down cross legged. Looking up to him as if there wasn't a huge interruption, she questioned, "My hands healed, but my legs did not, do you know why?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:54 am
Kraid shook his head, standing and turning away from the others. "I'll be back," He said simply as he started off into the dense forest around them.
"Tell me," Miles smiled warmly. He didn't approve of Kraids methods and was glad Leo wouldn't be baited into his games. Kraid had this tendency to drive people away from them, Miles suspected it to be a Jealousy thing.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:05 pm
Looking down, and carefully hiding the scars, Leona shrugged. "I've always been a fast healer. I broke my arm once, and it healed before we had time to set it." She smiled a little "Had to rebreak it, but it didn't hurt that bad." She glanced down at her legs once more, "I always figured I didn't have enough energy to heal everything." Her eyes took on a vacant look, "So much of me was burning. I couldn't distinguish what part hurt the most. But I needed my hands. I had to grip the knife. Had to." Her wide eyes glistened with unshed tears. "So I figured that's why my body healed that part. I don't know though." Wiping her face with her father's shirt, she shook her head and tried to change the topic. "Will he be okay?" she asked, motioning towards the forest.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 pm
Miles smile didn't fade, he kept offering that warmth that seemed to emanate from inside of him."Don't worry about him, he's not afraid of the dark," he chuckled, turning to watch his brother disappear into the trees. "That's where we differ," He smiled to her again. "He prefers the cold nothingness of the dark, and I the warm glow of a fire," He stoked the fire pit once more, reveling in his creation.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:53 pm
"When I was younger, just after Rex ((I don't know if I named her older brother, but for now, that's him)) passed, I thought everyone outside of Opalescent had to have been happier." She laughed at herself. Then turned to look at him, wishing happiness for him.

((Terribly short...sorry.))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:45 am
"It's hard all around," Miles said simply, shrugging his shoulders. "But we make do with what we can. You'll see, things aren't as bleak as they look," He assured her, placing a hand on her head. "It could always be worse."  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm
“Don’t Say that!” she exclaimed with wide eyes. Quickly she stood up and started weaving seemingly randomly in the air. She circled him, feeling bright as she finished the circle. With an almost tired sigh, she plopped back down beside him panting. “Don’t bring evil to us!” She shook her head, thinking of him as one of the children she had to care for. It was an Elvish superstition, that if you spoke of your fortune evil would break it. All of the thieves in Opalescent knew the symbols she weaved. But for some reason, it truly worked when she did it. They spoke of near misses, just after and loved her for them. Still, she couldn’t keep everyone safe.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 pm
Miles laughed, shaking his head. "I have seen true evil," he smiled to her, rolling up his sleeves. "My friends and I have faced the dead, fought dragons, wizards, pure evil, the lot of them," He looked to his hands, his smile fading. "I'm the only one who remembers," He looked up to her, forcing a smile. "Me and the queen's army."  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:27 pm
Leo blushed, letting her hair cover her face. She felt so insignificant out here. Back home she had a job, a purpose. Steal and feed. Comfort and play. She had ten kids who looked up to her and thought she was the world. The strongest good person they'd ever seen. They'd watched her recover from the fire, watched her move between each of them, keeping them warm at night. But out here, she was weak. She had no purpose, she felt as if she'd be weaker if she dreamed. She was cut off from a part of herself, trying to find it and fit in with Avin--well, Miles and Kraid. But how could they accept her? She was pathetic. Still she replied, for Miles deserved an answer, "You must remember, for that's the only thing that keeps the triumphs and lessons alive."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 am
Miles shrugged, smiling to her once more. "I wish I felt the same way," He laughed, a little happier now. "So, how do you like it outside the city? So far I mean," He asked, looking at the woods around them. "It's not nearly as lively, wouldn't you agree?"  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm
In a tight voice she replied, “Nobody would remember Mama, Papa or Rex if I didn’t. They’d be gone forever. Some might find his books, but they wouldn’t know about him. They wouldn’t know my Papa.” Running a hand through her hair to distract herself from her tears she answered his question, “It’s relaxing. Though…I’m used to doing something all the time. Always rushing. I never even sleep most nights, from the kids’ nightmares.” She smiled at the memory of holding the crying child, telling them their favorite story until they fell asleep. “So, I guess I feel a little antsy, but I’m trying to just let myself finally relax for once.” It was a treat: something she rarely got to do. Only when she laid on the rooftops, staring at the clouds did she ever feel relaxed. Raising her head towards the sky she whispered, “It’s beautiful out here. The wind: each time a breeze goes by it carries a melody with it. The sky, it’s massive; and constantly moving. Like it can’t decide what’s the most beautiful.” She spoke of the place with love in her voice, even if she’d only been out there for less than a day.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm
"Well there's no hurry now," he smiled, rolling back off the log and onto the ground. He stared up at the sky, breathing in deeply. "This is nowhere half as beautiful as the desert. I'm not even sure why people call it the wastes; to me it's nothing of the sort," He looked to her. "I'd guess it's the same for you and this city? Avin can't stand it here," He laughed.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm
Still staring at the sky, she replied, "The city is--was my home. I know her streets, shortcuts, who'd help in a fight, who'd start one. You grow to love your home, no matter what. But it's time for me to leave it. To see the beauty of the rest of the world." She jumped up into a sitting position, turning to look at Miles, her hair flying all over the place. "I thought Avin was just a body covering you and Kraid. Is he a third entity?" She looked away once more, as if listening to something. Which she was; she could hear the music of the wind, as if it was welcoming her.  
One on One

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff