Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Idea Sub [LOCKED]
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm
Kino_Afi
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The class revamp is pretty nice, but I feel like they're should be some guideline to the level of power each class has based on rank.

That way genin assassins aren't shitting all over everyone else's slow a** and genin samurai's aren't absolutely demolishing everyone within range.

As a creative/sneaky/semi-abusive RPer, I can tell you there needs to be some boundaries lol.

Genin assassins only have 3 speed... which is the base for every physical class. xD

They're pretty weak at Genin.

And Samurai aren't like gods of melee combat, they just can't be outskilled. It still depends largely on the style and stats though, and Genin Samurai just aren't good enough to be demolishing the other Genin. It'd be an advantage, but not a big one.

Perhaps it should just be left up to the RPer, and the stats/descriptions of the class would justify some maneuvers?

Overall I love the revamp though. I'd always felt slightly hurt that samurais were 'no where near as skilled' as weapon users lol.

Yes, the messages the classes sent to members were pretty much: these classes are useless, these classes are good. With the new classes, I tried my best to balance every single one of them to a general level.

As for that suggestion, well, generally we do follow a similar approach, but stats are still a major drive for joining the physical classes, so we'd like to keep them of import. They're not nearly as crazy wtfbatshitsuperspeedstackshitdong as they used to be, and I think they're at a good place right now. However, we are constantly trying to better and balance the stats, so I think the issue will be worked out through time.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The class revamp is pretty nice, but I feel like they're should be some guideline to the level of power each class has based on rank.

That way genin assassins aren't shitting all over everyone else's slow a** and genin samurai's aren't absolutely demolishing everyone within range.

As a creative/sneaky/semi-abusive RPer, I can tell you there needs to be some boundaries lol.

Genin assassins only have 3 speed... which is the base for every physical class. xD

And Samurai aren't like gods of melee combat, they just can't be outskilled. It still depends largely on the style and stats though, and Genin Samurai just aren't good enough to be demolishing the other Genin. It'd be an advantage, but not a big one.

Perhaps it should just be left up to the RPer, and the stats/descriptions of the class would justify some maneuvers?

Overall I love the revamp though. I'd always felt slightly hurt that samurais were 'no where near as skilled' as weapon users lol.

Yes, the messages the classes sent to members were pretty much: these classes are useless, these classes are good. With the new classes, I tried my best to balance every single one of them to a general level.

As for that suggestion, well, generally we do follow a similar approach, but stats are still a major drive for joining the physical classes, so we'd like to keep them of import. They're not nearly as crazy wtfbatshitsuperspeedstackshitdong as they used to be, and I think they're at a good place right now. However, we are constantly trying to better and balance the stats, so I think the issue will be worked out through time.

Question, though. I like the new classes way more than the old, but just am wondering: what if a Freelancer has bloodlines pertaining to elements? If it's a combo-element, would they just get the combo without the ones that make it? And if it's a single element(or two if two bloodlines), would they simply take that one/two element(s) as there own? Or can they simply not learn the elements unless they use the specific ability of the bloodline, if there is one?  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

While on this subject. Wouldn't the ninjutsu boost be better as a percentile boost rather than a flat one? Since the flat one provides a massive boost at lower ranks but falls off fast at the higher ranks.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 pm
Sergeant Bloodhound
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

Question, though. I like the new classes way more than the old, but just am wondering: what if a Freelancer has bloodlines pertaining to elements? If it's a combo-element, would they just get the combo without the ones that make it? And if it's a single element(or two if two bloodlines), would they simply take that one/two element(s) as there own? Or can they simply not learn the elements unless they use the specific ability of the bloodline, if there is one?

I suppose I should specify in the class that the Freelancers can't have bloodlines that promote or create elements for them. They can have bloodlines that create sub-elements, or totally unique elements, but not combinations or any of the five main elementals.

I will edit that in specifically.

@Wings: I was thinking that, and honestly, on second thought, considering the ninjutsu class has 2 elements at Genin, and therefore a big advantage on a lot of people, I suppose I'll just go to my original idea of a 15% boost.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Komerotsu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm
The Food Chain
Sergeant Bloodhound
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

I suppose I should specify in the class that the Freelancers can't have bloodlines that promote or create elements for them. They can have bloodlines that create sub-elements, or totally unique elements, but not combinations or any of the five main elementals.

@Wings: I was thinking that, and honestly, on second thought, considering the ninjutsu class has 2 elements at Genin, and therefore a big advantage on a lot of people, I suppose I'll just go to my original idea of a 15% boost.

So Hyoton? Out of the question? xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm
Komerotsu
The Food Chain
Sergeant Bloodhound
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

Impossibruuuu!  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Komerotsu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 pm
The Food Chain
Komerotsu
The Food Chain
Sergeant Bloodhound
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

Impossibruuuu!

Que?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 pm
I can't tell if you're just playing along or not, but Shane means "Impossible" xd .  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Komerotsu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 pm
Kagetsukiko
I can't tell if you're just playing along or not, but Shane means "Impossible" xd .

Oh, I'm new to his dialect xD.
Damn, if I can't use Hyoton....there won't be any good Kekkai Genkai Combos.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm
Also also, the genjutsu UtP seems a bit under powered to me. Since unlike the others it only really has a use against a fellow genjutsu user. I'd of thought the genjutsu UtP would be like an advanced substitution that also captures them in in a new genjutsu. Like itachi bursting into crows when attacked, as an example.  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
Also also, the genjutsu UtP seems a bit under powered to me. Since unlike the others it only really has a use against a fellow genjutsu user. I'd of thought the genjutsu UtP would be like an advanced substitution that also captures them in in a new genjutsu. Like itachi bursting into crows when attacked, as an example.
*Hits 'Like' Button  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 pm
lol, I already knew that part. I was gonna change it as soon as I finished fixing the other untapped powers.

I changed it quite a while ago. xD

There are now 2 options for it, depending. It's basically either a choice between whether you want to be cautious and save your untapped power to save yourself from an emergency situation, or use it offensively.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 am
Oh yeah. Guessing the Senju class is gonna need to be revamped into this new system?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 pm
Had an idea, which for now i will be calling 'passive rank ups'

Now, the short version of this idea is that instead of having to rely on waiting for a large group exam, or have to wait on your kage to organize a small exam for you while doing his other things, you can rank up be fufilling a certain mission criteria, and then doing a specialized 'rank up mission' that if you pass, you can rank up.

The way i could see this working would be if you made each mission worth a certain number of MP (Mission points), and that once a certain shinobi has achieved both a the required minimum missions as well as his point quota, he is qualified to perform a predesignated exam mission for the rank he is trying to attain (With each village having one, and with a harder one for rogue ninja, but i'll get to that later one)
Now, the general numbers i had personally thought up were based on if the mission points were as follows:

D = 1
C = 3
B = 5
A = 10
S = 25
SS = 50
Chunin exam mission prerequisite:
100 MP
1 A, 6 B, 10 D.

Jonin exam mission prerequisite:
600 MP
1 S, 6 A, 21 B

Sanin exam mission prerequisite:
1 SS, 7 S, 16 A

(The prerequisite for the mission is your total mission done, not for each new rank up)

This would mean that, lets say for genin to reach chunin, they would need to do at least 1 A, 6 B, 10 D, which would equal 50 MP. at that point, they can do whatever missions they choose to reach the 100MP requirement, and can be 50 more D ranks, or 5 more A ranks, and any in-between.

Now, as the for the Exam mission itself, the way it would work would be similar to if one was doing the self written rp mission that most personalized rank up exams consist. Each village would have a thread dedicated to the Exam mission, and the one participating would rp out their rpc fufilling the mission requirements in a detailed rp post, which them rping for any npcs that may be apart of the mission. Once this mission is done, a designated crew member can read over the mission, and declare whether they passed or not based on their rp skill. If they fail, then they lose half of their current MP, and have to requalify for the exam.

The Exception to the MP rule would be the Multi-village exams, that take place every few months. A person wishing to rank up doesn't require to have the prerequisite MP or mission to take part in these, but unlike the exam mission, the chance of passing is much slimmer, due to the competition of other RPCs

Now, as for those RPCs who do not have a place in a village, in each Country there is a bounty board, which has a Rogue variant of the Exam Mission, and some generic missions on it. However, any RPC can place a mission on this bounty for either any other shinobi, or for Rogues to fulfill for them, With RPC generated missions (That must be approved by crew before they can be done by rogues, to stop someone making a really easy SS rank mission and use to to exploit the system) being worth Double the MP points, but usually involving Other RPCs. The Prize money on these missions is also drawn from the mission creator's own funds. This both allows rogues the chance to do missions, and allows people to create mission to purely aid themselves, such as putting a 'hit' on another rpc, or Gathering support for an attack.

Thats about as far as i can remember with that idea.  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
Had an idea, which for now i will be calling 'passive rank ups'

Now, the short version of this idea is that instead of having to rely on waiting for a large group exam, or have to wait on your kage to organize a small exam for you while doing his other things, you can rank up be fufilling a certain mission criteria, and then doing a specialized 'rank up mission' that if you pass, you can rank up.

The way i could see this working would be if you made each mission worth a certain number of MP (Mission points), and that once a certain shinobi has achieved both a the required minimum missions as well as his point quota, he is qualified to perform a predesignated exam mission for the rank he is trying to attain (With each village having one, and with a harder one for rogue ninja, but i'll get to that later one)
Now, the general numbers i had personally thought up were based on if the mission points were as follows:

D = 1
C = 3
B = 5
A = 10
S = 25
SS = 50
Chunin exam mission prerequisite:
100 MP
1 A, 6 B, 10 D.

Jonin exam mission prerequisite:
600 MP
1 S, 6 A, 21 B

Sanin exam mission prerequisite:
1 SS, 7 S, 16 A

(The prerequisite for the mission is your total mission done, not for each new rank up)

This would mean that, lets say for genin to reach chunin, they would need to do at least 1 A, 6 B, 10 D, which would equal 50 MP. at that point, they can do whatever missions they choose to reach the 100MP requirement, and can be 50 more D ranks, or 5 more A ranks, and any in-between.

Now, as the for the Exam mission itself, the way it would work would be similar to if one was doing the self written rp mission that most personalized rank up exams consist. Each village would have a thread dedicated to the Exam mission, and the one participating would rp out their rpc fufilling the mission requirements in a detailed rp post, which them rping for any npcs that may be apart of the mission. Once this mission is done, a designated crew member can read over the mission, and declare whether they passed or not based on their rp skill. If they fail, then they lose half of their current MP, and have to requalify for the exam.

The Exception to the MP rule would be the Multi-village exams, that take place every few months. A person wishing to rank up doesn't require to have the prerequisite MP or mission to take part in these, but unlike the exam mission, the chance of passing is much slimmer, due to the competition of other RPCs

Now, as for those RPCs who do not have a place in a village, in each Country there is a bounty board, which has a Rogue variant of the Exam Mission, and some generic missions on it. However, any RPC can place a mission on this bounty for either any other shinobi, or for Rogues to fulfill for them, With RPC generated missions (That must be approved by crew before they can be done by rogues, to stop someone making a really easy SS rank mission and use to to exploit the system) being worth Double the MP points, but usually involving Other RPCs. The Prize money on these missions is also drawn from the mission creator's own funds. This both allows rogues the chance to do missions, and allows people to create mission to purely aid themselves, such as putting a 'hit' on another rpc, or Gathering support for an attack.

Thats about as far as i can remember with that idea.
This is a great idea. I wonder why this took so long to become a thing here.  
Idea Sub [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff