Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What characters do you want to see in the next SSB? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 pm
Sumizomi
Xilo The Odd
Deathgod of Legend
Someone might have already said this but I wanna see Isaac from Golden sun and Felix from Golden sun 2 in SSB.
but isaac is in brawl!

Only as an assist trophy, he definitely deserves more : D
nah. everyone wants him so he wont be in it. a ton of people wanted sonic but hes different, he was put in for shock value at release.

he probably had the shittiest part in the adventure story.

oh no red rings for u lol! and i'm done nowz.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:55 am
Sumizomi
Personally I'd like to see some characters from Brawl taken out for redundancy (my opinion, of course), such as Wolf and Diddy Kong; I'd also take out R.O.B. and probably Olimar, not necessarily though. Again, personally I didn't find King DeDeDe necessary for another kirby character, and I didn't like the addition of Mr. Game & Watch in the first place. And we have to admit, Lucas IS a clone of Ness.
Sounds like a lot of complaining but basically just make less characters that are better instead of a bunch of crappy ones; that said I think that Sonic and Pit should be ever so slightly more powerful although they're supposed to be balanced.
I love the idea of adding in Isaac from Golden Sun as well; Chrono and/or another character from Chrono Trigger; it would be amazing/amazingly controversial to be able to put in some sort of Final Fantasy character, whether just a class or an actual character. I'd love to see megaman as well, with a Zero costume option. It would be pretty cool to see an Okami character! I could pass most of those up though, being mostly 3rd party.

I could think of a few more I'm sure, but like I said less amount, higher quality. What I'd most like to see is some items taken out (Smash balls being no. 1, probably Golden Hammers and some useless items too) and the pokemon from pokeballs actually do something tangible. That way the game could go back to a skill focused style instead of all this "let's make it easy for everyone" stuff. My opinion smile
I don't really see how it went from "skill" to "easy for everyone" and a lot of your other points seem pretty weird. If you don't like using Smash Balls or golden hammers, just turn them off? They're fairly balanced, not perfectly, I'll admit, but people that play for "srs" don't use them in the first place because ANYONE could get ANY item and they would have the upper hand, according to them. If you want to play more "balanced" then just turn off all items. Hammers are actually pretty easy to get around if you don't run away from the person that has them and plan a bit (pretty easy to kill someone if they pick one up, and then they can't recover) but I do agree that Pokeballs are a bit useless. Pokemon should either come out faster and have a wider range of attack or last a lot longer. If you get a kill with a Pokemon it's probably due to luck, but I'd love for them to stick around longer so that I could hit my enemies into the attack to kill them, or grab them to get killed.

I don't really see how Diddy Kong is redundant, but Wolf is a bit of a clone of Fox, obviously, as is Falco, and them all having the same Final Smash is pretty disappointing. I'd like to see more diversity as well, in the form of pretty much any two (or three) characters that have the same Final Smash, because it's pretty obvious they're clone characters. Link could be a lot different from Toon Link, since Toon Link could have the Windwaker and use it, as well as the Deku Leaf and a lot of other items. I don't necessarily think they should be cut, though, just either made different or left alone, and more characters added, because a lot of people liked, let's say, Dr. Mario, and now he's gone and people miss playing as him.

ROB, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch and Dedede are all fine characters on their own, there is really no reason to have them cut from the game as they all have their own playstyles and pros and cons with good balance. I feel like Lucas is more different from Ness than most of the other clones, and all in all, Brawl's clones are a bit more different than one another than Melee's were.

I'm also not so sure it would be wildly controversial to put a Final Fantasy character into the game, as they've been in both Mario Hoops and now Mario Sports Mix along with Mario and the gang. Adding in one from FF7 and up would never happen anyway.

Xilo The Odd
he probably had the shittiest part in the adventure story.

oh no red rings for u lol! and i'm done nowz.
Also, agreed. Subspace Emissary could have been a really great mode, but it fell flat in a lot of areas, that part being the biggest problem. He really should have shown up a lot earlier and gone along with Mario.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 pm
yeah the people who play SRSLY obviously havn't figured out that it is POSSIBLE to hit people that grab hammers. i've done it numerous times. its not hard.

marth = counter
ike = counter
lucario = counter
mario = fireballz
luigi = fireballz
wolf, fox, falco = LAZOR and shadow dash if your ballzy
peach = thrown item
dedede = WADDLEDEELOLOLOL
zelda = fireball
shiek = needle storm ground or air
DK = ground pound, if timed well maybe a punch too.
R.O.B = LAZOR DISK SPAM!
Kirbeh = final slash or rock pound if your good.
anyone else i missed = Shield and grab.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 pm
If we're talking assist trophies with a promotion, why not toss in Knuckle Joe from the Kirby Series and Lyn from Fire Emblem? Completely legit Nintendowned characters, and they have their own unique moves.

Also, this would make every single Nintendork c** buckets:

James Bond; GoldenEye. Throw in more female characters. Create romantically ambiguous scenario between Jimmy & Women during story mode. ???? PROFIT!  

Slave Xaccheus

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm
I think Snake is kind of the James Bond of the game as it is. Bond has a strong history on Nintendo consoles but I think it would just be weird to have a movie star in a Smash Bros game. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:33 pm
BUB & BOB THE BUBBLE DRAGONS FROM BUBBLE BOBBLEZ!!!! :B  

Hobo Scruffy

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 pm
Hobo just won, even if they only make it out as assist trophy.

anotehr one could be i think her name is bubbles, from clu clu land, it'd be a decent assist trophy as well if not a character.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 pm
Xilo The Odd
pheonix wright assist trophy, it'd replace the nintendogs one. similar effect, more hillarity.

Brilliant, and seconded.

For female characters, why not chuck Marth for Lyn? Going by the assist trophy suggestions lots of people are using, she'd make a great addition. People would rage hard if Micaiah or Erika was put in there.

I'd actually love to see Vaati in there too. Attacks could be similar to Mewtwo, only with wind. Picture Link's boomerang.

If you're going to add Krystal, for the amusement of the furries, you might as well add Birdo for some comedic value.

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 pm
Conker from Conkers BFD.

epic win.

next post better think up a hilarious final smash.
my idea is the game acts like it locks up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm
what we need is crogunk.
If not then i'll settle to put one of the cosmos in mario galaxy series. i just wanna see the attack smile
Although one thing ive really wanted was the ability for your miis to fight  

nujumkh

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:10 pm
Meta_Fish
I think Snake is kind of the James Bond of the game as it is. Bond has a strong history on Nintendo consoles but I think it would just be weird to have a movie star in a Smash Bros game. xd

Weirder than Sonic, Mario's ex-competitor? Weirder than... anything Nintendo? Think about it for a sec.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm
nujumkh
what we need is crogunk.
If not then i'll settle to put one of the cosmos in mario galaxy series. i just wanna see the attack smile
Although one thing ive really wanted was the ability for your miis to fight
yeah i think it'd be awesome to have miis, it'd be like Mocap from Ultimate Mortal kombat 3.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Meta_Fish

Weirder than Sonic, Mario's ex-competitor? Weirder than... anything Nintendo? Think about it for a sec.
Actually, yeah. Sonic is a lot more mascot-esque than Bond, and hails from the same era that pretty much all Super Smash Brother characters do. Snake's the weirdest, but he kind of fits in because Kojima always makes his games kind of weird anyway, and they really went the extra mile to give him some smashing charm.

And I agree on Miis.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm
I agree with whoever suggested Isaac as a PC and Phoenix Wright as an Assist Trophy. :3

I also want to see Saki Amiyama (or one of his Sin & Punishment counterparts from the recent Wii game), Ray mkIII, and Paper Mario as playable characters.

I dont know that much about Saki's moves, but all the stuff he did as an assist trophy seemed like they totally downplayed a potential playable character. :0 I can totally see him as like a laser gun/sword, light hitter-type character. Ray mkIII is in a similar boat, though I have played Custom Robo for the GCN (it was awesome, BTW), and a lot of the robo moves would have made for a great addition to the game, I think (move over ROB, LOL).

Paper Mario, in my mind at least, is kind of a better alternate persona for Mario compared to Doc Mario (though on that note, they should have made unlockable alternate Doc costumes for Mario, like they did with Wario D: ) due to the different-ish nature of the PM games. I can easily see Mario's Hammer, Jump, and Spin attacks translating into a really fun and interesting character, and his special paper abilities like the Plane and the Tube and stuff could translate into specials or something (like Up-B and Side-B respectively).  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 pm
i find it amusing the people i don't know posting in this topic are always talking about these outlandish characters that are somehow on nintendo games, yet i've heard so little about them.

hell even i knew about marth, i got his fire emblem game at a garage sale, then it was japanese and i was furious i couldn't read it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff