Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dead.moki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:18 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
alicelights
I'm worried they're going to make Cain sound like an American... He's Victorian British sad even if you change the title, they need to keep some beauty to the writing... To make it sound right.

that is what I am most afraid of.

I know the people who have subscribed to Shoujo Beat have already received their first copy. It's a shame I didn't ask them about Count Cain though.

Oh, please ask them about it if you get a chance! :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:12 pm
dead.moki
Moonlit Masquerade
alicelights
I'm worried they're going to make Cain sound like an American... He's Victorian British sad even if you change the title, they need to keep some beauty to the writing... To make it sound right.

that is what I am most afraid of.

I know the people who have subscribed to Shoujo Beat have already received their first copy. It's a shame I didn't ask them about Count Cain though.

Oh, please ask them about it if you get a chance! :3

Yes please do! ...or even look yourself. This is a burning question and my skin is getting charred.  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:21 pm
Moonlit Masquerade

Oh, so they have decided to change the title? or rather go with the 'wrong' title? I just think 'Earl' sounds so much better than 'Count' (as we don't have 'Counts' in England).

For some reason it makes it sound like a bad manga that I would be iffy of in fear that it was a 'super-hero' series. I remember of Sakura-Crisis I saw the 'Victorian Britain' and 'murders' bit and only then decided to read it. I expected a 'Sherlock Holmes' type thing.

It changed my life and I brought all the God Child arc in Japanese paying that scary international price. That is my dedication and it may explain why I am kinda scared of the idea of a 'different' Cain (though Sakura-Crisis cain seems fine and not obviously American except for a few words)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:52 pm
alicelights
Moonlit Masquerade

Oh, so they have decided to change the title? or rather go with the 'wrong' title? I just think 'Earl' sounds so much better than 'Count' (as we don't have 'Counts' in England).

For some reason it makes it sound like a bad manga that I would be iffy of in fear that it was a 'super-hero' series. I remember of Sakura-Crisis I saw the 'Victorian Britain' and 'murders' bit and only then decided to read it. I expected a 'Sherlock Holmes' type thing.

It changed my life and I brought all the God Child arc in Japanese paying that scary international price. That is my dedication and it may explain why I am kinda scared of the idea of a 'different' Cain (though Sakura-Crisis cain seems fine and not obviously American except for a few words)

Personally I prefer "Count Cain", even if it is the "wrong" title. It just sounds , at least in my own opinion, so much more fitting of the series. But, whatever they choose to call it, I'm anxious to see it!  

dead.moki

alicelights

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:54 am
dead.moki
alicelights
Moonlit Masquerade

Personally I prefer "Count Cain", even if it is the "wrong" title. It just sounds , at least in my own opinion, so much more fitting of the series. But, whatever they choose to call it, I'm anxious to see it!

'Earl' or 'Count', I guess if I depends with what you grew up with?... I'm guessing you are American... or maybe it depends on the word you first heard put with the series. I first heard 'Hakushaku Cain' and translated it as 'Earl' like the 'Yami No Matsui' character.

My main problem with the word 'count' really goes back to when there were all these kids 'horror' series with 'counts' in them. Then again, there is 'Count Dracula' and Cain dresses 'vampire'ish some of the time. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:57 pm
alicelights
dead.moki
alicelights
Moonlit Masquerade

'Earl' or 'Count', I guess if I depends with what you grew up with?... I'm guessing you are American... or maybe it depends on the word you first heard put with the series. I first heard 'Hakushaku Cain' and translated it as 'Earl' like the 'Yami No Matsui' character.

My main problem with the word 'count' really goes back to when there were all these kids 'horror' series with 'counts' in them. Then again, there is 'Count Dracula' and Cain dresses 'vampire'ish some of the time. surprised

One of the reason I like "Count Cain" is because the word "count" itself has kind of mysterious/spooky connotation mainly due to stories like "Count Dracula" and other similair stories.  

dead.moki

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:50 am
I prefer Count Cain other than Earl Cain. They're about the same thing though, same ranking, supposingly back in those days.

I completely forgot about asking people about it. I will ask them now, sorry!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:57 pm
Does anyone else have an issue with Shoujou Beat being a vapid magazine or is it just me.

::stabs Viz::
Man, if I had a nickle for every time I wanted to do bodily harm to the people responsible at Viz...I'd have a lot of nickles.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

etrnlfoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:04 pm
I agree with you, Sai. Man!

I miss the Count Cain stories. T-T I bought Shoujo Beat... But I miss the Count Cain stories. Japan's paper and printing quality is much better than the American, too. xp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:30 am
etrnlfoenix
I agree with you, Sai. Man!

I miss the Count Cain stories. T-T I bought Shoujo Beat... But I miss the Count Cain stories. Japan's paper and printing quality is much better than the American, too. xp

Thanks -_-
I like your sig etrnl!

Just...the whole "top ten things to wear, see and do this summer!!!!" is just a "WTF" moment...
I want to know exactly what audience Viz is looking to snare? People who give a s**t what a magazine says they should wear, see and do?

Their site is pretty vapid too, theyre advocating people sit on their asses and let Viz bring them their sugar-coated crap instead of going out there, doing a little research, a little footwork, devoting a little time, effort and passion into their fandom...

Fandom is such an ugly word...

Dude...gone are the days when passion and spirit drove young people (how old to I sound..."In the good old days..."), now its just coroporatism and BUY BUY BUY!!
Processed, pre packaged, shiny and innocuous and easy to swallow. Something you can mindlessly and habitually pop like a pill and forget about it. ERGH...
Half the thrill is in the hunt, in having something youve been looking for for a long time finally in your hands! Having to earn it, being able to appreciate time and heart that the mangaka put into their work >_<

Do any of these new fans understand what kind of hurt these people are opening themselves to by offering out their art to the public?

I doubt Viz gives a flying s**t as long as manga continues to fly off the shelves.

GLah...getting totally off track...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

dead.moki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:36 pm
Now that I'm pretty sure SC is going to stop scanlating God Child... Is anyone else, hypothetically of course, continuing to scanlate it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 am
I definately agree with you Sai-kun.... I was really excited about shojo beat, and I did not get what I was hoping for. I would think that I and people like me would be the audience the magazine should be pushing for, but I felt completely misrepresented and I do not think VIZ is really all that concerned about that... just as you said.  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:12 pm
dead.moki
Now that I'm pretty sure SC is going to stop scanlating God Child... Is anyone else, hypothetically of course, continuing to scanlate it?

Havent a clue...sometimes groups will continue scanlating if the series is still in serialization in Japan, but Count Cain is long done...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:05 pm
i wanna read count cain ermm earl cain emmm god child heheheh -_-"  

Rafael the Wind Angel

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:31 am
A little late to reply on this, I suppose, but one thing. It is Earl Cain, not Count Cain...

However, their accuracy kind of ends here. I heard from a friend, no guarantees, since I rely on my Chinese mangas, that Merry Weather/Merryweather is now Mary Weather...

Apologies if I'm getting my facts wrong, but isn't the accurate one supposed to be Merry, not Mary? Because, well, simply, Mary Weather doesn't quite make any sense at all, while MerryWeather, with or without the space, makes a hell lot more sense.

Anyway, that's my rant. I think Viz has just killed Earl Cain... Congratulations to them for doing so. *major sarcasm*  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff