Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
General opinions among us... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is Taiwan?
Seperate Country
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Chinese Rogue Province
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 38

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:36 pm
tamcharles
yalie5
tamcharles
@shinelover: Aww, c'mon. You ought to know that general sentiments from the American public are hardly representative of one sub-group (ABC's for instance). While you do have a point about there being both sides to the story, who's to say which one is right? Ah well, in regards to the Japan question, I read that Japan had made a formal apology regarding their past actions however now China is crying for them to "reflect on their past." Which to me sounds like whining... they got their apology so now they want to rub it in. Not the best way to win over the already alienated EU.

@yalie5: If you have more to say, I'd be really interested in hearing it... even if it's off-topic. smile

@sinfulanjel: Haha.. wiim's always mean. Hehehe... j/k razz

okay then... i'm going to go with the subject of the japanese apology. Yeah it took them long enough to apologize but the chinese should accept it and every should be buddies. Unfortunately since we're not accepting the japanese might be offened and this would end in conflict. however i also think that if the japanese should apologize for what they did in world war II then america should apologize to the japanese about putting them in concentration camps and breaking up their lives. And I'm not sure what the EU is so please explain^^;; and there's always two sides of a story sure... what's a real b***h is telling the truth from the propaganda.

Truth from the propaganda... indeed.

Anyways, the EU is the European Union, they currently have some decade long embargo or sanction against China. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was setup as a result of the '89 Tiananmen Square incident. *I THINK* They were planning to release it (which would open up even more trade options for China and that means more $$$ for both sides. But the EU waited until China announced the whole "Unification by all means" law to announce that they were no longer considering the sanction because China is still showing themselves to be a threat of instability for their region.

Now with China becoming more powerful and getting what it wants (apology from Japan) and still asking for more, that's bound to be a bad in the eyes of the EU.

I know most of us don't really care what other nations may think, but the point here is about money. China's missing out on a huge chunk for several decades now.
oh... i didn't know that eek and who said you couldn't learn anything on line? lol. well since china wants to be part of the eu then shouldn't china be behave more diplomatically? why would they rub it in? Really some politicans don't know what they're doing... anyway about the people rioting in the streets about the apology... you'd think they'd be happy. Japan has admitted to those war crimes and is apologizing as a country. what else do they want? retribution?... maybe eek  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:55 pm
China just loves to unsettle the pacific orient. Then America and EU will listen to it. It craves attention. Since it's gaining power, we can see that the power is being exploited. China just loves sending it's ill-navigated subs into japanese waters... then claiming that they are accidentally so deep into the territory. Either way, the world can't mass against 1 billion chinese, as most of you should have wondered while watching the episode of Fox's "24". Imagine going to war with 1 billion chinese, hence communism, all capables can be called to bear arms. Unless we're back into the trenches with machine guns in WW1, you simply can't defeat great numbers with less numbers. Hence the infamous Newfie massacre at Beaumont Hamel, "733 of 801 men in the 1st Newfoundland Regiment were killed or wounded" http://canadaonline.about.com/od/ww1battles/p/beaumonthamel.htm

anyways i just wanted total about world war 1 instead of china.... i want a mitrailleuse

domokun domokun domokun  

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mysterika

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:37 am
I think Taiwan belongs to China...and doesn't matter if they should be regarded as a seperate colony or what not, cos China wants Taiwan now.

They've tried being nice and all, but I bet they're soon gonna get down and dirty, and declare war.

Obviously thats why Taiwan have been making friends with America.

But then America has got itself into a tricksy little situation here. On one hand it wants to be a good heroic nations whos got all the right morals and s**t, Peace not War attitude, and wants to help defend Taiwan. They've even got some naval ships inbetween the two 'countries'.
However, if America helps Taiwan with the war, that means they're kinda siding with Taiwan, and it'll loose its bonds with China. Now America doesn't want that, cos in 20yrs time, China will be the biggest, bestest country in terms of economical power. So America also wants the power.

So which will America choose, Power or Protection?

Sorry, it ain't really related about Taiwan and China, but I just wanted to see America suffer for this one. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:59 am
Mysterika
I think Taiwan belongs to China...and doesn't matter if they should be regarded as a seperate colony or what not, cos China wants Taiwan now.

They've tried being nice and all, but I bet they're soon gonna get down and dirty, and declare war.

Obviously thats why Taiwan have been making friends with America.

But then America has got itself into a tricksy little situation here. On one hand it wants to be a good heroic nations whos got all the right morals and s**t, Peace not War attitude, and wants to help defend Taiwan. They've even got some naval ships inbetween the two 'countries'.
However, if America helps Taiwan with the war, that means they're kinda siding with Taiwan, and it'll loose its bonds with China. Now America doesn't want that, cos in 20yrs time, China will be the biggest, bestest country in terms of economical power. So America also wants the power.

So which will America choose, Power or Protection?

Sorry, it ain't really related about Taiwan and China, but I just wanted to see America suffer for this one. sweatdrop

In a way it is releated to China. And yes we americans have things easy here compared to other countries. I have to admit i never actually gave a second thought about the issues surrounding my country outside the borders until just recently. It didn't seem to matter. And i must say it depends on the leader. If the leader is only looking in for the best intrest of our country then of course power. But if they want a better image then protection. But really either way we're not going to come out of this happy. Our country is divided in half sort of. I mean there are some people who'd be looking at this and saying that the president is an idiot if we side with Taiwan. We're not going to gain much out of this if we do. And that we should be minding our own business. Then there would be the people who say go and protect the poor defenseless country. And then we'd just start fighting one another... come to think of it this wouldn't be much of a difference. Well anyway i guess that wasn't completely off topic... but this doesn't seem to be as important as the nuclear weapons in korea or the stuff about the arabs right now. so unless china does something soooo big and bad that it'll get out short attention i don't think most of the country would even realize what's going on... sad isn't it?  

yalie5

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:16 pm
China's GDP and economy has been booming upwards. Since China has the restriction of 1 child per family, and the age of most chinese citizens (baby boomers) are near elderly... isn't it safe to say that as the elderly people 'depart' the country(next 20 years) will be underpopulated (where the birth rate is significantly lower than the death rate) to support the economy and it'll just fall downward until stabilizes at equilibrium? Thus, hurting China's own economy in the long run?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:55 am
tamandrew
China's GDP and economy has been booming upwards. Since China has the restriction of 1 child per family, and the age of most chinese citizens (baby boomers) are near elderly... isn't it safe to say that as the elderly people 'depart' the country(next 20 years) will be underpopulated (where the birth rate is significantly lower than the death rate) to support the economy and it'll just fall downward until stabilizes at equilibrium? Thus, hurting China's own economy in the long run?

maybe... but who's to say that's for sure? Isn't it possible that they'll lif the one child per family restriction? or possibly immigrants going into the country of jobs? but we'll see. we'll see.  

yalie5

Mysterika

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:59 am
Perhaps they'll change it again, once they realise their economy could be going down. To TWO babies per family. You never really know. rolleyes

Though I think that if China openly declares war on Taiwan, it may get a rather big spanking from the UN.

I wish there were those I heart China hats rather then I heart NY. Or I heart HK would suffice. stare  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:33 pm
I agree 3nodding and i think there are some i heart hk shirts  

yalie5

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:17 am
I'm sort of divided on whether or not Taiwan should go back to China. I agree that Taiwan started out as a rogue province after World War II, but back then mainland China was powerless to do anything about it because Taiwan had the US protection.

But because now the US can't afford to enter hostilities with China, Taiwan's position is now in question, and despite existing as a separate country for the last 56 years, it sort of is still considered to be part of China.

However, I think forcible absorbing Taiwan back into the mainland isn't the best way to go. Rather, it should be done like what happened with Hong Kong, with the policy of two chinas, one nation.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:45 am
Minielf
I'm sort of divided on whether or not Taiwan should go back to China. I agree that Taiwan started out as a rogue province after World War II, but back then mainland China was powerless to do anything about it because Taiwan had the US protection.

But because now the US can't afford to enter hostilities with China, Taiwan's position is now in question, and despite existing as a separate country for the last 56 years, it sort of is still considered to be part of China.

However, I think forcible absorbing Taiwan back into the mainland isn't the best way to go. Rather, it should be done like what happened with Hong Kong, with the policy of two chinas, one nation.

that's not such a bad idea. i wonder if the leaders have considered that yet.  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:28 am
I've posted this in the ED: P before too, and I stand by this. I think China should focus on economical development. If our economy is as strong as the United States I doubt Taiwan would ever want to seperate. We should focus more on social reforms, have a better education and definately less corruption within the government. Then it's only a matter of time before Taiwan comes begging at our doorsteps to rejoin the Mainland. Didn't SunZi say something along the line of "the best victory is a war won without being fought"?

Let's look at history. Throughout all the dynasties we never "oppressed" any of our neighbours. The most powerful dynasties - Han, Tang, Qing, at the peak of their power, all had the surrounding nations literally begging, wanting to be part of China. Their rulers aren't official rulers without the conscent of the Chinese emperor. Any minor official from China would be treated with the utmost respect. Yeah... those were the tiems crying So yeah, I stand by my point. If we grow more powerful, then people would want to rejoin China, rather than to have us forcefully having them to rejoin.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:43 am
hi!  

pooh_spida79

2,050 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm
I think Taiwan is still Chinese even though it does not belong to China.
It still is Chinese.!
Because originally, they all came from China.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 am
this is a really old topic... is it still not resolved yet? rolleyes  

mymiridon

~Angelina Elven~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:20 pm
I see Taiwan as both, because the language are the same besides the characters.
Mysterika-Hmm, I think that you're right. :] Although if China goes to war, the economy will be even more messed up..  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff