Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Wedding ring woes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Help?
  the Kay's ring!
  get the clearance one from Gordon's with the bigger rock
  you're way off - get something atypical
  other
View Results

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm
MissYennon
Tragic l2abbit
MissYennon
Tragic l2abbit
I got my apartment today!!! blaugh

Did you figure out which wedding dress you'll wear yet? ^.^

That's Awesome, congrats! heart

I tried ordering the 2nd dress but had issues so I'm being jerked around by customer service.. they were supposed to call yesterday so hopefully tomorrow morning I can get ahold of someone again.
I'm in cake mode in the meantime. ^^
Ooo, cake xd sounds good right about now. I want Cake Boss to make me a cake blaugh got any pictures on what you have in mind?

I'm going to start moving my stuff into my apartment tomorrow. I'm so excited whee

Yay, thats great. Was it the one you wanted? Moving sucks but it's so worth it. biggrin

there's a lady in australia that makes the most amazing cakes i've ever seen. I've got a couple of em pinned... i dunno if I post a link of my pinterest board if you can see what I've been looking at but I'll give it a shot. biggrin
cakes!

I need four cakes total sweatdrop one for the wedding and 3 for receptions.
I'm debating on what kind i want where..
UK reception - thinking a Doctor Who tiered cake.. bottom tier space, second tier time vortex, top tier his spaceship the tardis
Canada reception - maaaybe a hello kitty face with the nerd glasses and a hairbow that looks like bacon lol
Tennessee - i kinda want a death star or something else star wars
wedding - the cake toppers are lego minifigs so i was considering lego brick tiers

basically, i have nooooo idea at this point rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 pm
Tragic l2abbit
Those are neat! heart know what kinds of cake? I'm insane! I want chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, lemon filling, and covered in fondant for decorating, Purple and black checkered, white/red roses, playing cards -- stuff along those lines ^-^  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am
MissYennon
Those are neat! heart know what kinds of cake? I'm insane! I want chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, lemon filling, and covered in fondant for decorating, Purple and black checkered, white/red roses, playing cards -- stuff along those lines ^-^

There's so many awesome things you could do with an Alice in Wonderland cake, I've seen some really cool ones. I think this one is amazing. I really love the diamond pattern that is kinda synonymous with Wonderland too, it would look great on a cake.

I've talked to a bakery near the wedding site about a lego brick cake and they said i could pick a few flavors, one for each brick. This is the flavors from the email they sent -
Quote:
We have a wide choice of cakes, for example:-

Vanilla Sponge with coulis and fresh vanilla buttercream filling

Pineapple, Cherry and Walnut Light Fruit Cake

Double Lemon Cake with a delicious homemade Lemon Cheese Filling

Italian Cream Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Filling

American Carrot Cake with Orange Buttercream Filling

Citron Lemon Vodka Cake, which is very moist and has alcohol liquor poured into when it's baked

Ginger Pecan Cake with pieces of crystallized ginger and toasted pecan nuts

Toffee Cake with a toffee sauce filling and Fresh Buttercream

Our chocolate Cakes are made with rich Premium Belgian Chocolate and the filling is usually either raspberry coulis and a rich, slightly bitter dark chocolate ganache made with 70% cocoa solids, or raspberry coulis and a lighter cocoa buttercream filling. Raspberry coulis and chocolate cake give a wonderful surprise combination of flavours. So if you opt for a chocolate cake layer we'd just need to know which filling you would prefer.

We also make other flavours by request so just let us know what you fancy!

We've ruled a few out but I'm still not sure which ones I want, it's so hard to decide. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 am
The one from Kay's won't load for me. I find the one from Gordon's to be really ugly. Then again, I like really traditional/simple rings.  

Chiru-pon

Chiru-pon

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 pm
Tragic l2abbit

Ooo, that cake does look really amazing! Mine has to be along the gothloli lines, but that still leaves many options!
Quote:
Citron Lemon Vodka Cake, which is very moist and has alcohol liquor poured into when it's baked

::starts drooling:: I want that one!!! heart I just love lemon so much xd I can drink lemon juice STRAIGHT! blaugh ... does that make me strange? sweatdrop I just love sour things ^-^

It's too bad the cake shop isn't nearby, otherwise they would let you taste test to figure out what you really want. I wonder if there's a cake shop nearby that can let you taste test? Never done this before, so I have no clue sweatdrop wouldn't hurt to ask ;P  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 pm
MissYennon
Tragic l2abbit

Ooo, that cake does look really amazing! Mine has to be along the gothloli lines, but that still leaves many options!
Quote:

::starts drooling:: I want that one!!! heart I just love lemon so much xd I can drink lemon juice STRAIGHT! blaugh ... does that make me strange? sweatdrop I just love sour things ^-^

It's too bad the cake shop isn't nearby, otherwise they would let you taste test to figure out what you really want. I wonder if there's a cake shop nearby that can let you taste test? Never done this before, so I have no clue sweatdrop wouldn't hurt to ask ;P

I thought so, but that cake is definitely awesome. I think this other cake looks super cool too. I love the tiers covered with the pages and the drink me bottles and stuff are a nice touch.
I love sour too. omigosh, remember Warheads? I miss those things...can't find em anywhere anymore emo

I was seriously considering the lemon vodka, or maybe one of the liquor infused fruitcakes since I've never had a good fruitcake before.. there's definitely going to be a tier of chocolate in there.

The nearest bakery is pretty far sadly. Plus, European chocolate is just soooo much better than what we get here. After the wedding I'm doing the tour at the Cadbury factory so I can live out my Willy Wonka dreams and go all Augustus Gloop up in there. lol. Cadbury creme eggs, beware twisted  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 pm
Tragic l2abbit
omg, Warheads were amazing!! heart I remember the other kids would get into arguments over which was more sour. It depends on your tastes *shrug* I loved them all xd lemon most of all heart I wish there had been a cranberry one! Cranberry is my second favorite flavor, if we don't count chocolates ;P

That cake is awesome!! I'm going to link it to my friend. He's a MUCH bigger fan of Alice in Wonderland than I am. He had pages from the book tattooed on his arm! eek

Now I want to go to your wedding JUST for the cake! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 am
MissYennon
omg, Warheads were amazing!! heart I remember the other kids would get into arguments over which was more sour. It depends on your tastes *shrug* I loved them all xd lemon most of all heart I wish there had been a cranberry one! Cranberry is my second favorite flavor, if we don't count chocolates ;P

That cake is awesome!! I'm going to link it to my friend. He's a MUCH bigger fan of Alice in Wonderland than I am. He had pages from the book tattooed on his arm! eek

Now I want to go to your wedding JUST for the cake! rofl

I used to love sucking on a lemon and green apple warhead at the same time. Oh man, I so want to find some of these now. They used to be like, everywhere. >.<

I've been thinking about that Alice cake with the pages every since I found it. I just think it looks awesome and it really fits since I met my fiance originally forever ago in a yahoo books and literature chatroom. I think imma gonna email the bakery and see if they can pull something like that off. biggrin

I wish you could crying or at least come to a reception. Why you gotta be so big america and canada?  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 pm
Tragic l2abbit
Sorry I haven't responded! I got my own place!!! blaugh and I don't have internet yet sweatdrop but I will on the 7th (which happens to be my birthday!) so, YAY! xd I also bought an Xbox 360 heart AND I found out I have A's in my classes ^-^ I hope this string of awesome doesn't stop!

How's things on your end??  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm
MissYennon
Sorry I haven't responded! I got my own place!!! blaugh and I don't have internet yet sweatdrop but I will on the 7th (which happens to be my birthday!) so, YAY! xd I also bought an Xbox 360 heart AND I found out I have A's in my classes ^-^ I hope this string of awesome doesn't stop!

Congrats on the grades! I figured you were probably internet-less due to moving. How are you liking the new apartment? I nearly got the 360 last year but ultimately went with the ps3 so I didn't have to buy a separate bluray player. (By the way, the ps3 was free from best buy. They have this rewardzone program which is really cool and there's a facebook app where every week and a half I get a free $5 certificate just for voting in a poll every night. I don't think you're on my friends list anymore but lemme know and I'll email you a link. wink I'm saving up for some free video games. lol)

Things are kinda meh at the moment. I pulled over in a parking lot last week to answer my phone. It ended up being a long conversation so I turned off the car and when I started to leave I forgot to turn on my headlights since it was so well lit. Just as I was pulling out I noticed I didn't have em on but apparently so did a cop, urg. He gave me a warning about the lights but told me my license was expired. StupidfriggingDMV.. they never sent out a notice and I don't ever look at my license cause I have my number memorized if I ever do need it. >.>
Praying the judge isn't having a bad day when I have to show up for court Thursday morning....

I've been fighting with the bridal store all week too because I went ahead to purchase that ball gown I showed you and the *bleeps* didn't really have it in stock nor have I persuaded em yet to compensate. Spent mucho time this week arguing with tons of their customer service peeps at their corporate office.
I think I'm going to give up... I started browsing used dress sites and found this dress that was like at the top of my list when I started out looking - until I found out it was $1000. gonk It's the perfect color and everything, and I've talked her down to $425 plus shipping but that's about $100 more than I wanted to spend. Also, even though it has a corset back, I'm really scared I wouldn't be able to squeeze myself into it. emo  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:39 pm
Tragic l2abbit
MissYennon

Congrats on the grades! I figured you were probably internet-less due to moving. How are you liking the new apartment? I nearly got the 360 last year but ultimately went with the ps3 so I didn't have to buy a separate bluray player. (By the way, the ps3 was free from best buy. They have this rewardzone program which is really cool and there's a facebook app where every week and a half I get a free $5 certificate just for voting in a poll every night. I don't think you're on my friends list anymore but lemme know and I'll email you a link. wink I'm saving up for some free video games. lol)

Things are kinda meh at the moment. I pulled over in a parking lot last week to answer my phone. It ended up being a long conversation so I turned off the car and when I started to leave I forgot to turn on my headlights since it was so well lit. Just as I was pulling out I noticed I didn't have em on but apparently so did a cop, urg. He gave me a warning about the lights but told me my license was expired. StupidfriggingDMV.. they never sent out a notice and I don't ever look at my license cause I have my number memorized if I ever do need it. >.>
Praying the judge isn't having a bad day when I have to show up for court Thursday morning....

I've been fighting with the bridal store all week too because I went ahead to purchase that ball gown I showed you and the *bleeps* didn't really have it in stock nor have I persuaded em yet to compensate. Spent mucho time this week arguing with tons of their customer service peeps at their corporate office.
I think I'm going to give up... I started browsing used dress sites and found this dress that was like at the top of my list when I started out looking - until I found out it was $1000. gonk It's the perfect color and everything, and I've talked her down to $425 plus shipping but that's about $100 more than I wanted to spend. Also, even though it has a corset back, I'm really scared I wouldn't be able to squeeze myself into it. emo
It's been great having my own place! I was supposed to get the internet yesterday, but comcast screwed up my order!! They were trying to give me a triple play sports package deal for $119 a month, when all I wanted was internet. And they could change it, but the promo I found they wouldn't give me. So I got offended and told him to just cancel it -.- the lady on the customer service was trying to smooth it over for me, but I was still so mad. I have to make the order AGAIN and hope they do it right this time. Or go with another service... ugh :/

I'd love that link!!! Yeah, we were FB friends, but I think I took you off in a great Friendocolypse sweatdrop I think you didn't know who I was. I knew you, but you never responded to me usually ;P you would chat with Nanami though *meanmugs you* lol jk

Man, that sucks about getting pulled over! Makes me glad I don't drive ^^; here in Washington they'll look for any excuse to suspend your license, and then won't tell you they did it!!

That dress IS perfect! You know, that is a pretty good price you've talked them down to... I've seen dresses go for well over $1,000 on Say Yes to the Dress o.o; those are new, I know. But still, that's a pretty good price for a wedding dress!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 pm
MissYennon
It's been great having my own place! I was supposed to get the internet yesterday, but comcast screwed up my order!! They were trying to give me a triple play sports package deal for $119 a month, when all I wanted was internet. And they could change it, but the promo I found they wouldn't give me. So I got offended and told him to just cancel it -.- the lady on the customer service was trying to smooth it over for me, but I was still so mad. I have to make the order AGAIN and hope they do it right this time. Or go with another service... ugh :/

I'd love that link!!! Yeah, we were FB friends, but I think I took you off in a great Friendocolypse sweatdrop I think you didn't know who I was. I knew you, but you never responded to me usually ;P you would chat with Nanami though *meanmugs you* lol jk

Man, that sucks about getting pulled over! Makes me glad I don't drive ^^; here in Washington they'll look for any excuse to suspend your license, and then won't tell you they did it!!

That dress IS perfect! You know, that is a pretty good price you've talked them down to... I've seen dresses go for well over $1,000 on Say Yes to the Dress o.o; those are new, I know. But still, that's a pretty good price for a wedding dress!

It never fails.. anytime you move phone/internet.. such a pain in the a** to get installed cause they're so frickin slow. I could get super cheap internet at about 4x's the speed but it literally ends about 200ft up the road. mad So annoying. I am really bad about harassing the crap out of customer service people though. If I'm not happy with something I've spent money on I don't hesitate to let em know, multiple times if I have to.. I kinda feel bad for em sometimes. Usually if they're not helping much I just ask to talk to their boss instead. whee

And don't feel bad. I really don't talk to anybody much on fb. I'm not much of a commenter cause I feel weird. I respond to people sporadically like Gilla, occasionally Nami, but that's really few and far between. You can add me back, if you want. https://www.facebook.com/charity.perry It won't let me send out invites to anyone not on my list. sad

I hate driving so much. Never again the last day of the month when their trying to fill quotas if I can help it. In addition to the $26 bucks to renew my license that I'd had to pay anyway, it cost $40 for the fine of expired license. I tried to talk em out of it since the cop entered ALL the wrong info (address, make, model & year of the car) on the ticket but they wouldn't do it. Still, it could've been worse.. I didn't even have to go to court, thank goodness.

Phew $1000 for a dress on Say Yes to the Dress is super cheap. Those Kleinfeld boutique gowns are crazy expensive. Unless I was super rich I would never spend that much money, and even then I don't think I could go over 5 grand. Anything about 2k is just ridiculousness to me. The vera wang white dress I originally bought was $1400 but it was marked down to $325.. I still think it's really pretty and all but it's just not me. The one with the blue just seems perfect and ties into my theme, the colors, the castle. It's such a hard decision and I really wanna buy it but I'm scared it won't fit. I need to diet, stat.

I've been so tired lately. Lack of sleep is finally catching up with me. Plus, Wednesday night some lunatic posted a bunch of nasty crap and also said he was going to shoot up one of the schools around here... utter chaos ensued. Almost everybody kept their kids out.. I was positive it was an internet troll and turns out I was right. They arrested some british guy for it yesterday. Last night was the first night in a couple of days I didn't have nightmares. Soooo glad that's over.  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 pm
Tragic l2abbit
It never fails.. anytime you move phone/internet.. such a pain in the a** to get installed cause they're so frickin slow. I could get super cheap internet at about 4x's the speed but it literally ends about 200ft up the road. mad So annoying. I am really bad about harassing the crap out of customer service people though. If I'm not happy with something I've spent money on I don't hesitate to let em know, multiple times if I have to.. I kinda feel bad for em sometimes. Usually if they're not helping much I just ask to talk to their boss instead. whee

And don't feel bad. I really don't talk to anybody much on fb. I'm not much of a commenter cause I feel weird. I respond to people sporadically like Gilla, occasionally Nami, but that's really few and far between. You can add me back, if you want. https://www.facebook.com/charity.perry It won't let me send out invites to anyone not on my list. sad

I hate driving so much. Never again the last day of the month when their trying to fill quotas if I can help it. In addition to the $26 bucks to renew my license that I'd had to pay anyway, it cost $40 for the fine of expired license. I tried to talk em out of it since the cop entered ALL the wrong info (address, make, model & year of the car) on the ticket but they wouldn't do it. Still, it could've been worse.. I didn't even have to go to court, thank goodness.

Phew $1000 for a dress on Say Yes to the Dress is super cheap. Those Kleinfeld boutique gowns are crazy expensive. Unless I was super rich I would never spend that much money, and even then I don't think I could go over 5 grand. Anything about 2k is just ridiculousness to me. The vera wang white dress I originally bought was $1400 but it was marked down to $325.. I still think it's really pretty and all but it's just not me. The one with the blue just seems perfect and ties into my theme, the colors, the castle. It's such a hard decision and I really wanna buy it but I'm scared it won't fit. I need to diet, stat.

I've been so tired lately. Lack of sleep is finally catching up with me. Plus, Wednesday night some lunatic posted a bunch of nasty crap and also said he was going to shoot up one of the schools around here... utter chaos ensued. Almost everybody kept their kids out.. I was positive it was an internet troll and turns out I was right. They arrested some british guy for it yesterday. Last night was the first night in a couple of days I didn't have nightmares. Soooo glad that's over.

What if I told you I know of a diet that will not only make you lose weight fast, but make your skin glow and your hair shiny? I would do this diet if I wasn't scared I'd run out of cash before the month was up! It's called a Juice Fast. You eat/drink NOTHING but juice or fruit smoothies without the milk or yogurt. There was an awesome documentary on Netflix where a guy did that for thirty days straight, and he looked FANTASTIC at the end. I wish I had a juicer gonk but you could do the juice fast for six days, then continue on just eating healthy solid foods+juice 3nodding

I'm also big into vitamins and supplements xd I don't take medication for my thyroid, ADD or my depression/panic disorder anymore. I've fixed them all naturally! So I know of natural things that can up metabolism. Cayenne Pepper pills are fantastic for it. Clears up your skin and increases your blood flow (bad for people with high blood pressure). I also love antioxidants like Green Tea, Acai, or Grape Seed.

You should at the very least be taking multivitamins ;P lol!

Holy crap, that's scary about the internet troll o.o I'm glad it was just a hoax. Too many terrible things have happened lately... it breaks my heart.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm
MissYennon

I'm all for a that, I don't have a juicer either though. I'll see if I can find that documentary and check walmart to see what one of those would cost.

I used to be big on vitamins and stuff but I sadly got out of the habit. Having no energy and everything else, I really need to get back into that. And green tea is the shiz xd  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm
Tragic l2abbit
MissYennon

I'm all for a that, I don't have a juicer either though. I'll see if I can find that documentary and check walmart to see what one of those would cost.

I used to be big on vitamins and stuff but I sadly got out of the habit. Having no energy and everything else, I really need to get back into that. And green tea is the shiz xd
It's called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. Just looked it up for you ^.~ I'd love to try this out xd

Vitamin D3 and the B vitamins are good for energy 3nodding since I -NEVER- see the sun, I take 5,000 IU of D3 a day. Also cures my depression xd WEE! Good moods!

Green tea is great blaugh I just read in a health book my aunt gave me that Green tea is good for your teeth, too. Helps to keep the enamel strong apparently (so does black tea).

Are you a fan of Donnie Darko?  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces