Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Walsh Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 am
User Image
xNathan Smithxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer 2032
Dressed: formerly
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"Ah but I write, Beth," Nate pointed out, not sure if Beth realized or even knew how much he indulged that habit. His acting tended to be more of a recognized fact about him than anything else Nate felt. (And his love for movies which Beth had picked up on and would tease him about, though considering her own love for certain cinema he felt that his love for cinema if anything helped them grow closer). "Words can be important. Society gives importance to words. If I'm going to curse I'd rather wait and use it only when it counts," Nate added with a grin, "Has more meaning that way. After all when I curse people take heed of it, you people tend to ignore." Not that he was one to ignore Beth or anyone else for that matter. As for him making faces if she cursed, it obviously was not the case. He even quoted her at times, but like he said he'd rather be more selective when he cursed and get people to take note if something needed extra attention that a curse word or two could bring then people brushing him off. Of course he didn't like to be ignored ever.

When Nate apologized for being a twit Beth suddenly made the unexpected move of nudging him and laying her head on his arm. Her warmth made his chest quicken and he could swear she might hear his accelerated heart beat or feel his bright blush before she moved away telling him not to apologize for being himself. Swallowing and taking a moment to gain his voice and clear the fog from his mind he said, still red faced, "You... You aren't one of those people who needs to apologize either." Suddenly, feeling as if bewitched for a moment to blurt the first thing on his mind (and with so many witches and wizards around maybe that even happened) he added quietly, "Besides, I like you how you are." He quickly bit his lip and looked away, feeling as if his cheeks burned crimson any more he'd turn into a tomato. Beth was going to kill him now. And then his sister would arrest her and throw her in prison. He could see it now. His tombstone would read "killed by a beautiful girl" or "murdered for love" or some equally tragic and poetic explanation for his death. Maybe she didn't hear him.

Then there was the answer about the sweater. He looked back to her appreciating her grin and had the slightest inkling that maybe his agreeable personality was a dangerous thing with Beth as she explained her trusty guard dog had bit the offender on the arse. Nate knew this was why he liked Cenric. The guy seemed awful and imagine if Beth had to have him for a step father someday or if he had regularly seen her mother. It would have been awful for her. Nate sure knew what it was like to have an awful parental figure around. He grinned back at Beth and suggested, "I'm sure it was 'hip'... in the 70s. Or was it the 90s? I hear the 90s had pretty awful fashion too."

He was enjoying the conversation despite his momentary slip up that he hoped Beth wouldn't acknowledge or better yet not hear, when he felt Beth's attention wonder for a moment. The group who was talking about what after a few more sentences of conversation Nate realized was the word "quidditch" was getting quite animated in their debate over the sport. Nate wasn't sure if something where you just flew around on a broomstick could be a sport. It was calling something like motorcycle racing or car racing a "sport". Didn't seem to require a lot of physical skill that something Nate would consider an actual sport needed. Maybe there was more to it. There sure sounded like it, but why oh why couldn't they shut up. Nate narrowed his eyes as he studied Beth to see her surprise and then a look of suspicion first around her and then at him. It was almost a look of recognizing the words in surprise though. What if Beth was a witch? He didn't think he could handle that. Witches were scary. Magic was disturbing. He really hoped Beth wasn't a witch it would make his crush all that more confusing. But didn't his sister say something about technology not working very well around magic? And his brother said his phone rarely worked in their sister's apartment. How could Beth have texted him if she was going to a magical school... but Beth was asking him a question.

Her voice sounded off and it was laced in suspicion. Hopefully it was just confusion about what she was asking, "Oh... um... I think my sister and Toby wanted to keep things pretty small. Andy is closer to Toby and my sister. My sister broke off contact with Mum after a big fight... threatened to file a restraining order I think... a year or two later Andy decides to look her up though so he stayed with her for a couple weeks a summer or two ago. But Toby and Andy made some mutual club built on hating this guy that my sister is close with. Supposedly he's a creep. I wouldn't know, I never met him." He shrugged. "But I like Toby well enough. He's alright and obviously my sister adores him. She wouldn't have married him otherwise." Especially considering how much she seemed to hate the idea of marriage, Nate thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                      Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun.
Got nowhere to go, we could be here for a while...
But the future is forgiven, so smile.
We're trying so hard to get it all right-
But only feel lonely at the end of the night.
And I wanna be somewhere away from this place...
Yeah, somewhere just a little closer to grace.

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

Former RavenclawHalfbloodAdoptedPotioneer

Lea was sort of touched, and as he'd never thought of himself as very emotional- well, he was, it just didn't usually translate in the best manner- that was saying a lot. Toby'd made sure the wedding was held after dusk so he could attend, and Jess had sworn she was doing the same when she was getting married in the spring. They didn't have to do that sort of thing; some would argue they shouldn't. He wasn't human anymore, and he'd chosen to make that transition, and you could argue that giving up everything that made him human basically cut all ties to his family and friends.

But Lea didn't really feel any less human, and he'd been a vampire for what had to be going on three years now. At least he'd built up enough self control to sit at a packed wedding (Toby had always been popular, he reflected calmly), and not let his eyes stray to anyone's throbbing pulses. He had a few blood pops in his pockets, just in case, but so far, so good. Despite his slightly smug satisfaction over that, he still felt.... Sad wasn't the right word. Melancholy, maybe? But he'd been melancholy for as long as he could remember; not depressed, though he suspected he could have classified as such from the ages of thirteen to sixteen. More like... there were always clouds drifting through the sky in his head, and occasionally they got together and threatened to rain.

That was sort of what he felt like now. How many weddings, he wondered, and how many birthdays until his siblings could no longer refer to him as their brother? When would he become a nephew or a cousin or a distant relative? He hadn't cut the ties. It wasn't as if he belonged to some top secret vampire society. He had no interest in even meeting other vampires beyond Chris and Ada and the small psuedo-family that comprised their clan. Why would he? So they all drank blood, all humans ate food. He still felt odd referring to Chris as his 'maker'. Chris hadn't made him, he hadn't been reborn as an entirely different person. He was still Lea. He wanted very much to still be Lea for as long as possible, until all these ties were stretched out like old rubber bands and he was alone. Not Lea, because there'd be no one left who had known Lea.

And that.... really terrified him.

OOC:
Username

And time will eventually knock on my door,
And tell me I'm not needed around anymore.
But he'll hold me so close at the end of the day...
When I'm quiet I can nearly hear him say;
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun.
Got nowhere to turn, and we've got nothing but time-
But the future is forever, so smile, smile, smile...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

He was really surprised at the amount of weddings that were held during that summer. Two quite frankly was a lot, speaking that he hadn't attended any before then. He wasn't exactly surprised at the first of the two he attended but he was surprised that Ronna was getting married so early. She never seemed like one who wanted to get married, but that obviously wasn't the case. He hadn't expected it, but now that the day was there, it became more clear to him. He knew the two loved each other...and Ronna was pregnant as well. So, he couldn't help but be happy for his 'adopted sister'. He was just happy that everything was going well for her and that she was with a man that treated her right. He would never tell either of them, but Theo viewed Toby as a good guy, but he knew that the feeling probably wasn't exactly mutual. Theo was never the man that people respected, or even liked for that matter; so he wouldn't be surprised if Toby didn't exactly like him. He was used to it by that point of his life. And as much as Theo knew he has changed...matured over the years, he also knew that others would still hold ill-feelings towards him.

He looked around a bit, soaking in the awesome batman theme they had going. He knew Ronna loved Batman, but he was surprised to see that love go into the wedding planning. Theo used to love the batman comic books back when he lived in the orphanage. That was really the only thing to read in the place. That and those dumb little search and find books. He had to applaud the two for putting on a good wedding though. It was certainly a great one to remember. And probably the only one that he would ever enjoy. He himself, well, he never think he will get married. He would have to find a decent woman that could deal with him. Ronna was really the only person to ever put up with him...and by 'put up', it means 'set him straight'. But she was the closest thing to family that he's ever had. Even more so than his adoptive parents.

He then looked to the guests and happy couple, Ronna and Toby being a bit 'crowded' by many others. He would go over to them and congratulate them, but he didn't exactly have to do that just then. He would do it later...because he knew he'd probably be there late as he possibly could. He did catch a glimpse of Alexandria with crash, and few other notables. Nobody to talk to, which was a bummer, but he would just go sit down and have a little bit of champagne.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm
I don’t know what I ever wanted...
You got a front, well, you better flaunt it.
Ate a piece of the devil’s body-
The face of the devil follows me.
Every day it feels like I’m running;
And I’m headed straight for the blaze!
And I can breathe when I’m underwater!
And I’m ready with a finger on the trigger!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFifth YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio was not terribly anxious about the ongoing interaction between her aunt and uncle and Ivy; she seriously doubted Cora or Gare would find a reason to dislike her girlfriend. Ivy was slightly more prickly, and she did hold her breath for a moment when the redhead's face grew flushed, unsure if she was just bashful or genuinely irritated by what her aunt had said. Cora had meant any harm by it, Vio knew that, but her aunt was a Gryffindor with the mannerisms of a Slytherin, possibly from having to deal with an absurd number of them over the course of her life.

Ivy's laugh sounded a little off, and Vio did her best to smile reassuringly. "He's not that bad," she protested, but didn't bother to sound very convinced in what she was saying. Personally speaking, she could take it or leave it, and the man didn't exactly have the liveliest speaking tone, but she knew her girlfriend was telling a white lie, anyways. She loved Powell, even if Ivy didn't necessarily come off as the type to be very interested in a history class.

"I couldn't stand History of Magic when I was in school," Cora smiled, and her green eyes gleamed. "Then again, it was taught by a ghost at the time. That may have had sometime to do with it."

"So ye could say it... bored ye to death," Garrett slyly interjected. Both his wife and his niece groaned.

"Garrett Walsh, that was awful and you know it."

"Forgive my uncle," Vio rolled her eyes, though she looked like she was fighting not to grin, in spite of her embarrassment; it wasn't as if this were unexpected, coming from the man who'd raised her. "He usually saves the terrible jokes for in private."

"Eh, it's my house, close enough," the man shrugged, brushing off the criticism of his charming wit.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Who’s that girl, who’s that girl?
She’s only special in secret...
And she’s got her own familiar spirits.
Something inside of her rises and she knows;
Destruction makes the world burn brighter.
When the wind takes 'em all, away from here-
When the sorrow is all gone, buried in the snow-
When the wolves howl their song, and the whole earth is done.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:20 pm
In the morning it comes; Heaven sent a hurricane.
Not a trace of the sun, but I don't even run from rain.
Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding on to you...
From the moment I knew you are the air in my breath;
Filling up my love soaked lungs, such a beautiful mess!
Intertwined and overrun, nothing better than this-
And then the storm can come; you feel just like the sun.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby resisted the urge to shake his head as Dani appeared with an overly technical response, though, that wasn't too surprising seeing as this was Dani they were talking about, and the commentary had more been directed at them than the kid to begin with. He snorted a bit and hugged her back, joking, "Glad you could make it, Miss Graduate."

He shrugged and grinned in response to Elli and Chalmes. "Far as I know we're not having twins, not that it'd be a shocker, considering" he snickered, and could only laugh about because really, they were pretty certain they weren't having multiples and for that he was insanely grateful. Toby loved having a twin, but did he want twins? Yeah, no. He liked his sanity.

He was quickly distracted when Bella Winthrop appeared to congratulate them as well; he'd seen Crash and Alex around as well. The two sisters (or were they stepsisters?), from what he'd observed over the years, had not gotten along, at all, with the elder playing the role of bully and Bella being far more quiet and withdrawn. But he'd always liked the younger girl well enough, and he was glad she seemed to be doing well after Hogwarts. "Thanks, Bella," he said pleasantly. "Been doing alright?"

Then he realized Andy was hanging around as well, chatting up Dani with cake in hand, and he tried to send an approving look the boy's way. Andy was probably always going to look about sixteen to him, uni student or not, but he was glad Ronna's brother seemed so interested in their 'little sister'. He was married now, he was pretty much qualified to play matchmaker, right? Dani deserved a good bloke.

OOC:
mc2

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

kiska166

Graydon Ironshield

And if you say we'll be alright, I'm gonna trust you, babe.
I'm gonna look in your eyes, and I'll follow you into the light.
Never mind what I knew, nothing seems to matter now;
No one knows where it ends, how it may come tumbling down...
But I'm here with you now; let the world come rush in-
Come down hard, come crushing, all I need is right here beside me.
I'm not enough, I swear it, but take my love and wear it over your shoulders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:52 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Walsh's Backyard
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJess
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aиđ иøω мч f υ я ħαš тυяиeđ тø š κ ı и xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Aиđ I'νe вeeи qυı¢κłч υ š ħ e я e đ ı и xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tø α ω ø я ł đ тħαт I ¢ ø и f e š š I đø и ø т κ и ø ω xxxxxx
                                                          Bυт I šтıłł đ я e α м øf яυииıиg ¢ α я e ł e š š тħяøυgħ тħe š и ø ω xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDorian chuckled faintly, both at the attempt at scolding him with her eyes, which she'd failed utterly at, and her declaration of her own vanity. The idea of Jess having even a smidge of it was honestly sort of hilarious, considering that she really didn't have much of an ego at all. She wasn't as self-conscious as she used to be, but she was no where near the level her best friend and her husband were at. "Mm," he replied simply, nodding, a very serious expression on his face. "We'll have to hold the wedding outdoors, you know. To fit your head." The idea of himself serving as a magic mirror for her was possibly even more hilarious than the idea that she was vain, namely because really, he already served that purpose. "I'm fairly certain I already tell you that every day," he pointed out. "Repeatedly, in fact. Morning, noon, and night. Really, it's no wonder you're so very full of yourself, what with me encouraging it and all. Clearly I'm the one to blame."

spaceHe smirked at her slight resistance, knowing from the look in her eyes it was just play, and pulled her along, one hand instinctively releasing hers to find her hip. Playfully, he brushed his thumb against her, recalling the dress she'd worn to the Yule Ball, with its open sides. He'd been so utterly horrified that he might accidentally touch her skin and come off as too forward. Now, he found himself pouting that he couldn't. "I'll try my best," he told her solemnly. To be honest, he was pretty sure he could manage not to step on her feet at all, unless someone ran into him and made him do it.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Yøυ ¢αи ω e α я чøυя fυя łıκe α я ı ν e я øи f ı я e
                                                          xxxxxx Bυт чøυ вeттeя вe š υ я e ıf чøυ'яe м α κ ı и ' Gøđ α ł ı α я
                                                          xxxxxxxxx I'м α я α т т ł e š и α κ e , вαвe, I'м łıκe f υ e ł øи f ı я e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Sø ıf чøυ'яe g ø и и α g e т м α đ e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx đøи'т вe α f я α ı đ øf ωħαт чøυ'νe ł e α я и e đ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:18 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxWalsh Family Home
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxVio, The Walshes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJittery

ѕтσиє αgє ℓ σ ν є αи∂ ѕтяαиgє ѕσυи∂ѕ т σ σ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ¢σмє σи в α в у ℓєт мє g є т тσ у σ υ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          в α ∂ иιgнтѕ ¢αυѕιи' тєєиαgє в ℓ υ є ѕ xxxxxx
                                                          gєт ∂ σ ω и , ℓα∂ιєѕ, уσυ'νє gσт и σ т н ι и ' тσ ℓ σ ѕ є xxx

spaceIvy managed to snicker when Vio (very sweetly) defended Grayson, rolling her eyes for dramatic effect. "You haven't been to his house," she teased. After a second, she sobered a bit, feeling a little bad. It wasn't like the guy didn't get ribbed enough by literally everyone... including his own girlfriend. If Ivy didn't know he liked it, she'd honestly be a little miffed at how mean Amata was to him sometimes. "Actually, it's better at his house. School he's just repeating the lesson plan. I'm not saying he's phoning it in or anything, but it's not like he hasn't given the same lecture a million times. But if you catch him outside of class you can get him going on about ancient Greek architecture or something interesting like that." She blushed faintly. She didn't normally let on that she liked history with people she didn't know. Mostly because they made assumptions about the rest of her personality that were simply not true. Or got all smug and she had to hit someone. But, she was pretty sure that neither of Vio's guardians was going to do that, since they weren't stupid children. Plus it was probably in her benefit to come off as a massive nerd.

spaceThe redhead's eyes went round as dinner plates when Cora mentioned History being taught by a ghost. "Wait, you mean that barmy old... what's his name s'posed to be? Binns, yeah? I heard rumors about him, but I thought it was just upperclassmen ribbing the younger years," she said, somewhat in awe. According to the conversation she'd overheard her second year, Binns had been the history professor before Grayson, and had been a total snooze. "From what I hear, he's still 'teaching'," she quipped, fingers forming quotes in the air for emphasis. "They wanted to hire new blood or something and took Grayson on, I guess they got sick of no one liking history because he was a bore. But, they didn't actually tell him, they just moved the classroom and office. Supposedly he still shows up in his old classroom every day like clockwork to teach." Now that she knew there'd actually been a ghost professor, the Gryffindor girl was sort of inclined to try and hunt him down. She was curious about exactly how boring the guy could possibly be.

spaceIvy shrugged a bit when Vio apologized for her uncle's apparently bad taste in humor. It wasn't like she minded bad jokes. "I think it's a guy thing," she said. "My... uh, my dad. He does that, too. The dumb jokes, I mean. Drove my mum crazy." She flushed, a little annoyed at herself for bringing her dad up. She was generally trying to just pretend he didn't exist, since that's what he seemed to want to do with her. She hadn't replied to any of the messages he'd sent her, which honestly hadn't been all that many. One of the messages had been asking about Vio, so she knew her mum was keeping the man up to date on her life. He didn't need to talk to her, then. And he really didn't want to, she figured, since he barely tried to.

xxx нєℓℓσ ∂ α ∂ ∂ у , нєℓℓσ м σ м
                                                          xxxxxx ι'м уσυ ¢н ¢н ¢н ¢н ¢ н є я я у в σ м в
                                                          xxxxxxxxx нєℓℓσ ω σ я ℓ ∂ , ι'м уσυя ω ι ℓ ∂ g ι я ℓ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м уσυ ¢н ¢н ¢н ¢н ¢ н є я я у в σ м в

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:28 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxSome Wedding
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed

løαḋ υρ øṉ ģ υ ṉ ṡ αṉḋ вɾïṉģ ÿøυɾ ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ ṡ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ïτ'ṡ ƒ υ ṉ τø l ø ṡ ε αṉḋ τø ρ ɾ ε τ ε ṉ ḋ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṡhε'ṡ øṿεɾ в ø ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ ṡεlƒ α ṡ ṡ υ ɾ ε ḋ xxxxxx
                                                          øh ṉ ø , ï ќṉøώ α ḋ ï ɾ τ ÿ ώ ø ɾ ḋ xxx

spaceBeth's nose wrinkled, expression growing mildly annoyed. "There's giving words power and there's given them too much power. Letting one have so much in such a negative light that you aren't allowed to use it is stupid. If it exists, it should be used. Otherwise, it's meaningless." She understood why Nate would want his words to have gravitas, but lending that to swear words was stupid. The sorts of words that should have importance weren't ones like '********.' They were ones that had actual importance, and meant something important. Words like hope, and happiness, and love. Words that were supposed to matter. "And FYI, people don't ignore me when I say things that matter. The things I lend importance to are just different than yours. I don't want to give a lot of thought or care about things that piss me off. You say '********' like I say 'love.' Guess which one really matters in the grand scheme of things, hm?" She blushed then, and forced her expression to turn to a glare to try and detract from it. Maybe it was that little bit of a soft spot she had buried deep down inside of her, but she liked to think that it was better to give power to the positive things in life.

spaceShe snorted at him when he said she didn't need to apologize for herself, waving a hand dismissively. He could say that all he wanted, but she was well aware of what sort of person she was. She wasn't ashamed of it, not by a long shot, and she didn't apologize for who she was or what she did or said. It'd landed her in a lot of tight spots, but she'd rather deal with that than be ashamed of herself. So she was a b***h; she owned it. Her stomach squirmed at his saying he liked her how she was, and she found she couldn't look at him, eyes ducking down around knee-height, focusing on nothing. "Yeah, well. You're not so bad, either," she muttered. It was probably as close as she was ever going to get to admitting she actually liked him. Unless she got some clue that he liked her back, which was never going to happen. Nate was one of those open, honest guys, and he wasn't afraid of her like most people. If he had feelings for her, he'd probably just say so.

spaceHer nose wrinkled again at the idea that the atrocity that man had called a sweater had ever been fashionable, and she shuddered. "Yuck. Okay, I know I dress like I'm stuck in the middle of an indie hipster music video, but even I know there was no way on Earth that thing was ever fashionable. It was vomit-inducing. When I burned it, I swear I heard the souls of the damned being released." She smirked then, tapping her chin. "Actually, I know I did, one of 'em got stuck and that's how I got my demon roommate," she joked, eyes bright and playful. The demon roommate was a running gag with her, one she delighted in. Mostly because there were a fair few of her classmates who thought she wasn't joking, and were genuinely scared she'd sic the thing on them if they said the wrong thing.

spaceBeth was watching him carefully, as if she'd find some hint to whether or not he was hiding something from her. Namely, magic. He seemed nervous, she noticed, eyes narrowed. The squib found herself only half-listening to his answer, convinced that he knew full well what the group had been talking about. When he stopped talking, she stared at him, arms crossing. "You heard them, didn't you?" she asked finally. If she was wrong, she was breaking the Statue of Secrecy, but it wasn't like she cared at this point. She just wanted the truth. "Talking about Quidditch? You heard them. Any clue what Quidditch is, Nate?" His name was hissed, her tone accusatory. She was being unfair. It wasn't his fault he'd not told her, if he did know. He wasn't supposed to. It wasn't like he'd known her sister and father were magical, since she wasn't supposed to've told him, either. She was just as much at fault as he was. But just like with Dom, none of that really mattered, because all she wanted was to get away from magic, and yet she couldn't seem to manage it. She was normal, and if she had to be normal, she wanted to actually, honestly get to be normal. She didn't get to be a witch. So why the ******** couldn't she just be a muggle? Because this whole squib-in-between-two-worlds thing? It ******** sucked.

xxx ώïτh τhε l ï ģ h τ ṡ ø υ τ , ïτ'ṡ lεṡṡ ḋ α ṉ ģ ε ɾ ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ï ƒεεl ṡ τ υ ρ ï ḋ αṉḋ с ø ṉ τ α ģ ï ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:56 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxWalsh's Backyard
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDistressed

í h α t є thє w σ r l d tσdαч xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          чσu'rє sσ g σ σ d tσ mє, í k n σ w thαt í cαn't chαngє xxxxxxxxx
                                                          T r i e d to tell you but you l o o k a t m e xxxxxx
                                                          líkє mαчвє í'm αn α n g є l undєrnєαth, ínnσcєnt αnd s w є є t xxx

spaceGypsy hadn't wasted any time; the second the ceremony was over and the ruddy photos were taken, she'd found herself a chair, and very promptly plopped down in it. Vanity hadn't allowed her to wear flats, regardless of the fact that, what with being pregnant and all, the heels weren't really doing all that much for her figure. They were low heels, anyway, which she'd thought would be better, but was apparently actually somehow worse. She was used to either wearing sneakers and being flat-footed, or six-inch plus heels, and her ankles did not appreciate this weird in-between state they found themselves in. The extra weight from her pregnancy wasn't helping matters, and she was thankful to finally be off her feet. Not feeling particularly formal, and doubting very highly if Ronna would care, she'd kicked the shoes off and settled her feet in another chair, fighting the urge to groan in relief.

spaceShe'd been so, so good today, she told herself. Just another hour or two, and she could go home and... She didn't really know. All day she'd been fighting off her stupid mood swings, hiding herself away for short stretches of time to collect herself. While normally she was all about making things about her, today was one of the rare exceptions. Ronna's wedding meant it was Ronna's day, and Gypsy wasn't about to let something like her pregnancy get in the way. Though, she had to admit, she almost wanted to bloody strangle the Gryffindor. How in the hell was she so collected, anyway? It wasn't fair. The metamorphmagus felt like she was losing her damn mind, and Ronna was cool as a cucumber. Ridiculous. She chewed her lip and fiddled with her piercing, trying not to glare as she looked at Jer. "Do me a favor and just levitate me home," she quipped, though really she was only half joking. At the moment, she never wanted to stand up again. She knew that, unlike most of the others, Jer could see right through her. She was exhausted, and he'd know. He could probably see it plain as day. Sighing, she reached up, scratching her head. Wigs, she'd learned, had a limit to how long they remained comfortable, much like bras, and once she reached that moment, she often couldn't wait to get the damn things off. But, the alternative would've been to leave her hair as is, which would've been unacceptable, considering that could mean any number of things. Consistency and control were not her forte of late. And given that Ronna had apparently informed one of her brothers that it was safe to bring a muggle girlfriend to the thing, it would've been rather awkward for her hair to spontaneously change colors in the middle of the ceremony or reception. But, at the moment, all she could think of was how badly she wanted the thing off her head. And a hot bath, that sounded lovely. Preferably with Jer, but at this point, she wasn't even sure how comfortable that'd be for him.

xxx sσ t α k є m є αs í α m
                                                          xxxxxx thís mαч mєαn чσu'll hαvє tσ вє α s t r σ n g є r m α n
                                                          xxxxxxxxx rєst α s s u r є d thαt whєn í stαrt tσ mαkє чσu n є r v σ u s
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx αnd í'm g σ í n g tσ є х t r є m є s, tσmσrrσw í wíll c h α n g є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx αnd t σ d α ч wσn't mєαn α t h í n g

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:46 am
User Image
xNathan Smithxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer 2032
Dressed: formerly
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"I curse," Nate pointed out, "I just don't do so very often." He sighed and said, "Besides communication is only about seven percent verbal." Shrugging, he smiled when Beth countered that she chose different things to be of importance. It was true. He was so used to being nice or agreeable that when he didn't agree or wanted to stand up for something (especially himself) it was often taken notice of. Usually he felt the notice was a negative one, which was why he rarely flat out disagreed with someone or at least aloud. Suddenly Beth mentioned the importance of the word love and then asked which one really mattered before blushing and then glaring at him. He would have pointed out how it was sweet that she had a romantic side but between being distracted by her blush and now his blush, and then her glare, he felt any words he would have said die before he could even voice them. Instead he nodded in agreement.

After his muttered half confession he caught Beth lowering her eyes. Shite. She had heard him after all. But instead of glaring at him or something more awful like he imagined she refused to look up and muttered a passive aggressive 'you're not so bad, either'. His cheeks warmed and he felt his chest tighten for a moment as he tried to decipher the meaning of her word. Did that mean she actually liked him or was she just being nice to a friend? Beth wasn't the type to just be nice, not like he was, but she wasn't nearly the b***h she liked to think she was. Why couldn't people just say what they mean? Was he guilty of the same thing? He never flat out said he had a crush on her. To be fair Beth seemed a whole lot more dangerous to confess to then he thought he was. Even if he completely didn't like a girl he was always sure to be polite when he turned the girl down. Or make a lie up that would soften the blow. Like at the theater where he met Beth and had told the girls that were obnoxiously flirting with him that he was gay. Sure he wanted them to stop immediately but that was a nicer way to turn them down then say he was not interested in them at all and thought they were shallow bimbos which wasn't his type. At all.

Nate grinned at the joke Beth made about the sweater and he said, "Now I also know why that demon roommate has such bad fashion sense. Look at the demon's origin." He was sure his mother, who had seemed to find religion sometime early in his childhood, would have been lecturing him about not joking about demons but he didn't see the use. Also considering his mother's actions in the past and current rocky relationship with her own daughter, Nathan was pretty sure she wasn't going to be up for sainthood any time soon.

As Nathan answered about why he wasn't a groomsman, he noticed that while Beth's attention was entirely on him it wasn't on his words. That was when she began her interrogation of him. He swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing up then down for a moment on his throat as he looked at her wide eyed. "I..." He began unsure what to say. "Sort of? I mean they...magic people...call it a sport. Something with broomsticks? And flying? I'm not really sure about the details." He fell silent waiting for Beth's response before his nerves caused him to suddenly blurt out his fears, "s**t, Beth. Please tell me you're not a witch..." His eyes grew wider obviously in fear and in horror at his words and he quickly said, "Not that I mean being a witch is a bad thing or... I mean my sister is a witch and she's okay... I..." He turned bright red and then looked at his feet, scuffing the toe of one of his shoes on the grass in front of him and muttered, "Magic freaks me out sort of, that's all. Sorry..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                      Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel recognized the children's names, and he knew whose kids they were, a fact which also mildly disturbed him, but he'd accepted that his girlfriend's adoptive sister was a vampire and the wife of his adoptive brother's maker. He wasn't quite sure how it had all gotten so twisted and complicated, but he just tried to ignore that fact for now. He couldn't change what Lea was, and Chris and Ada Whitethorne were, by all accounts, decent people, so at least his little brother wasn't running with some mad cult.

He winced each time she stepped on his feet, her heels not exactly making it any less painful, but wasn't too bothered, as it could have been far, far worse. "And Toby always called me the nerd," he muttered, glancing around at the multitude of black and yellow decorations, and then snorting at the mention of their former housemate and his girlfriend. "I thought he already had? Or wait, was that someone else..." he trailed off, brow wrinkling momentarily. It really didn't help that everyone was getting engaged and married seemingly every time he turned around.

"Theirs will probably be low key; they're both pretty laid back," Uriel commented. He figured if he had a best mate, it was probably Miles, and Miles was... well, Miles. He didn't know Newlyn Vass that well; she had been in his house but two years their class's senior, but she had always come off as quiet and maybe somewhat reserved, but nice enough. "Jess's will be complete mania," he shrugged. "She'll want everything just so; our mum will probably have to talk her down from hysteria at least twice before she gets to the altar."

He was joking, of course, but was he being a little bit of a prat about his little sister getting married? Yes, and he completely reserved the right to be that, as her big brother. Maybe he'd never been as overprotective as Toby; Uriel had known Jess could take care of herself from the first time she tried to bite him after he led her around by the hand as a toddler one too many times. But a younger sister was a younger sister, and while Uriel liked Dori, that didn't mean he was thrilled Jess was getting married. He still thought of her as... eh, fifteen?

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:13 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

Olyvia snorted at his comment. "The boy with the batman wedding called you a nerd?" She ahsked, rolling her eyes at that. Toby was a rather exasperating boy from what Olyvia remembered about him from school, and what she had seen of him in the last few months. He had definitely grown up a lot though. She supposed impending fatherhood did that to most. Her father not so much, but she had a feeling her father was a rather special case She shrugged at his question. "There are far too many engagements and weddings for me to keep track anymore. I'm lucky I can keep track of my immediate family."

Thankfully her actual immediate family would not be getting married anytime soon. Ada was already, and Michelle would probably never get married. She wasn't the marrying type and from what she remembered neither was Nott. Melody was only 9 and Bastian was only 11. So no more weddings there at least. Elli was definitely going to get married soon, but Aimee was only 12 and Ver was already married. So the only one she had to keep track of, was Elli right now at least. Thankfully. She nodded at Uriel's comment.

"Yeah definitely. Newlyn seems pretty chill and well Miles is obviously chill, but you know that. He's our best mate after all." She shook her head with a small smile. It was strange that their best friend was the same person. But she supposed it wasn't really that strange. It did happen after all. Best friends ended up dating all the time. She shook her head. "I think girl's are supposed to freak out at their weddings. Its like tradition or something. Ver about had a panic attack 2 minutes before she walked down the aisle."

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria’s eyes seemed to light up at the mention of a destination wedding – or maybe it was just the reflexion of all of the lights that were strung above everyone’s heads. She did live in Europe, after all. Any other beautiful country was just a long train ride away or even a quick poof of her wand. She could get married in Greece, then honeymoon in Spain. In fact, with a little help from magic, she could go to any other continent. The Caribbean always intrigued the twenty year old with its many tropical islands filled with different cultures in each one. Plus, that was a lot closer to Crash’s extended family if they still lived in the United States, and if he was to be Alex’s husband one day.

The witch snapped back into reality upon realizing that her boyfriend had suggested to skip the wedding entirely. “Why would you elope when you can have a day that’s all about you?” she asked, although she already knew the answer. Crash hated being the centre of attention. One could even notice that from when they were young, stupid students who were a little too involved with quidditch. All of the players got some spotlight time here and there, but it was most definitely not equal. The seeker got the most, then it was the chasers who periodically attempted to get points for their house, then the beaters and finally, the keeper. During some games, the keeper was basically invisible the whole time. Beaters didn’t typically try to bludgeon them, and if the chasers on the team were a lot better than the ones on the opposing team, the quaffle wouldn’t even come close to the goalposts.

Alexandria leaned in closer to Crash, throwing her head onto his shoulder as he laced his arm around her waist. Dark eyes examined the wedding reception quickly. The backyard really was decorated beautifully and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves while chatting or even just having a moment to themselves, like Theo. Alex noticed the man she was once really good friends with, and even had a crush on for a while, sitting and drinking from a glass of champagne alone. She internally debated whether or not she should go join him, but Crash helped guide her to make a choice – whether he realized it or not. “The bride and groom,” as he put it, “seem a little surrounded right now,” Alex stated, eying Ronna and Toby who were speaking with many of the guests. “Why don’t we get some food?” With that, the witch took her boyfriend by the hand and led him towards the table Theo was seated at. “Mind if we join you?” she called out to him as she and Crash approached. Maybe she should’ve asked her boyfriend if he was alright with chatting with her friend, but she didn’t see any problem in this. Besides, they could always ditch him if things got weird or tense.

You can tap into the strength you never knew you had
...........................You can breathe into your faith no matter where you're at

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Just close your eyes and change your life........
Like the air

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxSome Wedding
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed

løαḋ υρ øṉ ģ υ ṉ ṡ αṉḋ вɾïṉģ ÿøυɾ ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ ṡ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ïτ'ṡ ƒ υ ṉ τø l ø ṡ ε αṉḋ τø ρ ɾ ε τ ε ṉ ḋ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṡhε'ṡ øṿεɾ в ø ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ ṡεlƒ α ṡ ṡ υ ɾ ε ḋ xxxxxx
                                                          øh ṉ ø , ï ќṉøώ α ḋ ï ɾ τ ÿ ώ ø ɾ ḋ xxx

spaceBeth visibly relaxed when he said 'magic people'. He was othering them, implying that he, in fact, was not magical, and did not consider himself associated directly with those who were. Some of her anger subsided, a faint sense of relief washing over her. His lack of knowledge on the subject of Quidditch was also weirdly soothing, even if the sport was literally the only thing she liked about the magical world. She hung her head in her hands, muttering, "Thank ******** God," under her breath. Then he asked if she was a witch, sounding very much like he would be upset to discover she was, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to slap him over the implication that there would be something wrong with her being one, or snog him just because it was about damn time someone was as uncomfortable with magic as she was. She laughed, either hysterically or sarcastically or both, it was hard to tell, lifting her head to peek up at him through her fingers. <********, no," she answered, finally dropping her hands. "I'm ********- My sister is. My dad is. But I'm not, I'm just... I'm ******** normal, thanks, and no one else around me ever <******** is and- ******** hell, I was friends with Dom for like a year before I found out he's a ******** wizard."

spaceHis statement, that magic freaked him out, flooded her with such a sense of relief and kinship and gratefulness, she didn't even know what to do with it all. Very suddenly, she threw her arms around him, face buried in the crook of his neck. "I'm not the ******** only one," she said, shocked at the admission. The squib pulled back, staring at him in complete and utter awe. "It's ******** terrifying," she told him seriously. "I don't... It's my life, because it's my dad, and Jazz, but it's ******** terrifying, and no one else ever feels that way, it's always been just me, staring at them all like they're ******** mental or something, and they think I'm the mental one, and, and ******** hell, Nate." She suddenly grinned. It wasn't just her. It wasn't. Because it was Nate, too, he thought it was freaky, just like she did. Thank. ********. God. Overcome with affection, she didn't really think long enough to realize how insane it was, she didn't have time to talk herself out of it, she just grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him down so she could kiss him.

xxx ώïτh τhε l ï ģ h τ ṡ ø υ τ , ïτ'ṡ lεṡṡ ḋ α ṉ ģ ε ɾ ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ï ƒεεl ṡ τ υ ρ ï ḋ αṉḋ с ø ṉ τ α ģ ï ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:59 pm
User Image
                                                      I feel the love
                                                      And I feel it burn
                                                      Down this river every turn
                                                      Hope is our four letter word
                                                      Make that money
                                                      Watch it burn

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ∀ℓυмᾔḯ || ฿αґ☂εᾔ∂εґ, Ð‷ℒʊ✖ || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Jer had succeeded in his best man duties. He'd watched both his friends go down the aisle and get married, and now was sitting back and enjoying the relaxation he was getting as a result. He supposed that he should do a best man speech, but right now, he was just beat and wouldn't mind going home. He had to admit, he was so sure that Ronna would be the type to never get married, but that was just him, and apparently Ronna was quite comfortable in her relationship with Toby that they would get married. Though, the timing could have been better, he figured. If nothing else, they could have gotten Ronna knocked up after the wedding, but that was the pragmatic side of him thinking, especially since he had been so adamant about being careful not to have an unplanned pregnancy before he and Gypsy actually tied the knot. Or even got out of school. The sheer fact that seventh year had been hell for him was proof positive of that. Gypsy hadn't made it any easier, but she had her own issues during their final year, so really, it was a miracle that they'd managed not to do anything of the sort before they graduated.

He sighed, leaning back and just sipping on his butterbeer. He'd decided to take a vow not to actually have any alcohol while Gypsy was pregnant, and he was doing pretty well with that. He attributed that to the fact that he actually had a pretty iron will about that sort of thing. There were times he could imagine that his childhood could have been worse than it was, and all of them involved him doing something stupid like getting high or doing some other quite stupid actions. His near-addiction to piercings, on the other hand, well, that was something he could live with. He looked over to Gypsy, who had asked about being levitated home and shook his head ruefully, knowing that if he was tired, she had to be exhausted. He winked though, wrapping his arm around her and hugging her close.
                                                      "Gotta couple o' 'ours b'fore we can do tha' Gyp. Though, I figure tha' a good ol' massage or summi' oughta feel robin right abou' now. What'cha fink? Relax fer a few when we ge' 'ome b'fore we go ge' Mal an' jus' enjoy bein' able ta 'ear ourselves fink?" Honestly, he loved his little brother, but there were times he needed a break. He was at least getting better at the sleep schedule though. Now, if only he could convince Malcolm not to wake up at the crack of dawn like he always did, that'd be awesome.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thoughts: Now that the main event's over...
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Old but, I'm not that old
                                                      Young, but I'm not that bold
                                                      And I don't think the world is sold
                                                      I'm just doing what we're told
                                                      And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
                                                      I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
                                                      Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff