Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 pm
He nodded once in memory of the time. It certainly had been a long time, perhaps even longer than he would have guessed. That had been one of their better encounters with the Rockets, given that they had actually managed to triumph without losing any pokemon. Things had certainly changed since then, but he tried not to think too much about the specifics of how, instead listening contentedly to the melody Rosie produced.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:10 pm
they continued a short distance like this, Rosie contently humming, or singing a few verses before she stopped,
"Oh hey you know what." She said, braking off the tune from her voice.
fingerless gloved hands reached to the bag she had with her, digging around for a moment, until she was finally able to produce a small mp3 player, with a pare of ear buds wrapped around it.
"what kind of music do you like best?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:20 pm
Luke looked to Rosie as her voice shifted from song to conversation, regarding curiously the little device she produced before he recognized what it was. "I don't know if I have a favorite kind so much as favorite songs," he replied after a thoughtful pause and hum. "I listen to pretty much everything."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 pm
"Oh" she sounded a little surprised by his response, but pleasantly so. "Really? Me too, just to hard to pick sometimes."
Once her bag was closed again her hand reached out, offering the player to him. "Would you like to listen to some music with me?"
She had to admit, now she was really curious as to what songs he liked. Since now she knew he didn't have a favorite genera  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:39 pm
He nodded in agreement with her words and accepted the mp3 player instinctively when it was held to him. "Sure," he acquiesced, unwinding the earbuds and looking to the screen. "Should I just set it to shuffle?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 pm
"Sure, if you want," The blond leaned over to peer down at the small machine before straightening up "I've got some pretty odd stuff in there though, forewarning." She didn't sound at all ashamed of that however, holding her hand out for one of the buds. "Feel free to look through it, or i can recommend some."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:53 pm
"I'll let it on shuffle for now," he said noncommittally, offering one of the earbuds when it was requested and choosing the proper setting. "Unless there's something specific you want me to go to." He was interested in what kind of music would come out of the collective whole, what kinds of things would come up that fit what Rosie described as odd and what kind of array would emerge as the library sorted through itself. With slightly more enthusiasm than he typically displayed as of late, he positioned the bud appropriately and set the music to play.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 am
While he played with the mp3 settings, she fiddled with the ear bud wire, lowering the little nib to allow a little more separation between the two, so that they could still walk and listen together, thought they would not get away with stepping too far apart or they might lose their music.

The first song that popped up was one that had been pretty popular on the radio for sometime. but Rosie couldn't help but smile. Holding her fingers up to her ear.

It wouldn't take long to remember Rosie's other expressive passion, as the first song went by and the next started.
Dancing.
Though keeping it centered to her shoulders, head and arms to avoid being too much of a nuisance, she couldn't help but move in some way with the music.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:21 am
He faintly recognized the song that played as something that he had heard around stores and places, and he listened in quiet focus to the music. The movement at his side drew his attention back to Rosie, watching her motions sidelong and generally enjoying her contagiously pleasant mood.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:30 am
It seemed fairly obvious that many of the songs on her mix were intended to be danced to. Or, they were the ones that she listened to most often, therefore having a higher chance of being replayed in shuffle.
But the diversity of her music was obvious as well, a broad range opened to her thanks to the individuals in her family.

She would look over at Luke every now and then, sometimes to see if he had any opinions on certain songs, or just to give a small wordless "hello".

After a while a certain song came on, that started as a slower pace, inspiring only a more slow swaying of her hand as she listened to what it was.
She blinked, not taking very long to know what they were listening to.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:41 am
And he would look to Rosie every now and then, mostly to return the glances she gave, sometimes to offer small words of commentary or approval. Eventually there came a song that inspired familiarity, but in a different way from the other melodies he recognized. He wasn't sure he had ever heard it before, but still it was warming, calming. "I've heard this before, I think," he said offhandedly. "Not sure where, but it's familiar…" He lowered his head slightly in thought. Maybe he'd heard a cover of it; the lyrics were what resonated most closely. "I like it, though."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 am
As he spoke she blushed a little, knowing where he probably heard this particular song before.
"This is Lights." She said quietly, was and even more quietly "...I love lights."
She wasn't dancing too much to this one, glancing over toward Luke when he tried to think of where he had heard it.
She gave a small smile, waiting for a good time to jump in along with the song, as she started to sing it allowed herself, to see if it helped.

Quietly at first, like she had in the hospital
-Truth be told, sometimes it's only you
Nothing is at stake here
When we are awake here

Though as the singer reached the choirs, Rosie rose her own voice with it, glancing over to Luke, to see if it was ringing any bells.

It's -you- who brings the morning
And you who takes the sun when I sleep
You're the only who stuck around
For me when I was losing
Faith in what I thought I would be-

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 am
A tragedy, tearing apart a fragile spirit, and a song, gently supporting what was left of him. The memory ebbed back to him slowly with Rosie's accompaniment, and his eyes wandered, a hand raising sheepishly to his neck, "…I like it more with your voice, I think."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 am
She continued to sing with it, eyebrows arching as she smiled through the words as she watched him slowly recognize the song.
It was what he said that she didn't expect, and the blond girl found herself blushing suddenly darker when the meaning of his words impacted her, and her voice stuttering to a stop, almost tumbling the lyrics before she just lifted her hands to her cheeks.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am
He didn't realize the nature nor implications of what he had said until he saw Rosie's reaction to it, and upon that realization he essentially mimicked it, turning a reddened face suddenly away with an abrupt and intense awareness of the girl's proximity to him.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff