Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Wanderlust (Marina Elemento x Kiyiya Sakura) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle's smile was soft but sad as she watched and listened. At first, she didn't say much, she wasn't sure what to say after all. She could practically feel the tug on her heartstrings that yearned her to help him out, in any way possible, only she wasn't sure what that help would be. "Dreams..." she said, pausing to think about it. "Well, when I was younger I wanted to be an inventor, just like my father, but he's not really an inventor. He's just good at dealing with money and knows how to get people to invent things for him." She sighed and turned to lay on her back, letting her eyes adjust to the darkness. "I think now I just want to travel, because I feel like that would help me figure out what I really want to do in life." She paused again, her eyes were now fully adjusted, so she could just make the outline of the lights above them. Her lips pulled up into a small smile. "Maybe until then, I can help you fulfill yours."

((okie dokie))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 pm
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust was speechless. Had he heard her right? She wanted to help him with his dream? He laid there, eyes staring up at the ceiling, mouth slightly open, trying to say something, but not finding the words. "oh, well... Thank you." he said at last. He turned onto his side, looking at her from the bed. "But what about your family? Aren't you going to evacuate with them?" he hated to imagine her life at home was so horrible that she would not want to go back and at least know they were safe. He would give anything to see his family safe. His gaze fell to the floor boards, thinking about that horrid night. How, because of a careless cigar smoker who fell asleep with it lit, his whole family was gone. He would love to have a family, even if he was so upset at them that he wanted to run away. At least they'd still be there.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle felt suddenly torn. She had almost forgotten about the evacuation, which was silly of her, but there it was. After all, she did care about her family, but the fact that they didn't seem to care about her counteracted that thought. It was as if her mind was split in half, one side knowing she would have to go home eventually, the other side not wanting to ever leave Rust's side. "I.... I probably should..." she trailed off. A sudden thought dawned upon her and she wished it hadn't. She sat up slightly to look at him in the darkness. "Where's your family?" She hadn't meant to be rude or evasive, but she was feeling like such an idiot for not realizing he didn't seem to have anywhere else to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust was silent for a long while, as still as stone. Only his breathing betrayed that he was still alive. After a deep breath, he spoke, low and soft, "They died... When I was very young." He did not know how much he wanted to tell her, but he knew how curious she would be, and he knew she would not ask after this. "Some idiot stated a fire. I was the only one lucky enough to not be in the building." He was ready for sleep now. He did not want to think anymore. He wanted to sleep, wake up, pack his things, and get out of the city to start a new life.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:27 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle covered her mouth in shock. Part of her had expected such an answer, and she felt like such a numb-skull for asking in the first place. What are you doing? she asked herself. Running away from your family like a stupid child... When Estelle finally closed her mouth, she rolled over on her side. "R-Rust? I'm sorry..." For everything, she thought. She should have never asked him to come. Though some part of her still didn't want to go home, the burning image of her father's angry eyes in her mind, the other part of her was scolding herself for being so foolish. Estelle wished she could say something else to make Rust feel better, but she knew that wasn't possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust closed his eyes, wrapping himself in a blanket, "It's fine, It happened a long time ago." he spoke almost in a whisper. The storm outside had not let up, but that was fine with Rust at the moment. The sound of the rain tapping the window was soothing and the roll of thunder sounded like a giant cat purring.

The room was warmer now, but Rust still felt cold, unnaturally so. He curled up, drawing his knees to his chest and pulled the blanket over his head. Something was off, the storm? Or something else, outside in the darkness. All Rust knew was that he felt this little apartment would not keep them safe for another night after this. They had to leave in the morning, no matter what.

Rust's breathing began to slow down and fall into a sleeper's pace. His body relaxed and he thought no more. The day had exhausted them both, and it was time to regenerate.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle wanted to say something else, but she couldn't bring herself to open her mouth. Instead, she shivered and pulled the blanket over her body, laying her head against the pillow. Her body was exhausted, as well as her mind, so perhaps a bit of sleep would fill the gaping holes inside her. Within moments, all her other emotions seemed to melt away as she closed her eyes and fell into sleep. The lingering consciousness of her thoughts were still the hope that everything would work out in the end, but the uneasiness in her still resided.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 am
Genevieve ValJean

User Image

It had taken all night, and Gen sat in her hotel bedroom cleaning her weapons. Her pistol was shined and the new model sniper leaned up against the wall, waiting it's turn. She knew she was not to use them on her target, but she thought to bring them anyway, along with the plethora of daggers and short swords she hid throughout her clothing. She dressed more warmly, seeing that the storm was still raging on.

The windows began to rattle as shadows seeped in to circle her. They found her! In the downtown area. Gen grabbed her things and followed the spirits. They led her through the labyrinth of streets and to an old looking apartment building. "Fifth floor is it?" she asked, then went into the building calling, "Princess, little Miss. Lareau? Daddy's missing you. I'm here to take you home little princess." Gen's voice was eerily sweet as it carried up the stairwell.

Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust awoke with a start, having a similar dream to the one before, but this time both Estelle and his family were trapped in the fire. He sighed and rubbed his face with both hands. What time was it? He looked at his watch, which he had laid next to his head before sleep. It was nearly six in the morning. He groaned and fell back into his blankets. He wanted to sleep in but there was a noise. A voice. Rust sat back up, listening intently. His eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet to go and wake Estelle. "Estelle, wake up," He tried to keep his voice down but urgent. He shook her shoulder gently, "Estelle, we have to go now! Wake up!" He whispered nervously. He did not like the sound of the voice that was getting closer and closer. It was sinister.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle moaned in protest but opened her eyes, meeting Rust's worried face. As she came to, she sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. "G-go? W-" A voice from somewhere else made her stop, and she sucked in a breath. Quickly she got up out of bed and gathered her stuff as fast as possible. What was going on?! Had they found her already?

((sorry the post is so short & rushed, gotta go but I'll be back later!))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Once he saw that she was awake, Rust hurried around the room, collecting his things and hers. He put her clothes on the bed so she could change and stuffed everything else into a bag.He ran to his desk and scooped all the papers and utensils into the bag as well. He ran to the window with the fire escape and threw it open. The rain had not let up, but the storm seemed to be stabilizing. Hopefully that meant it would end soon.
"This way!" he called, standing by the window. He had thrown the bags out onto the landing, and he waited.

((No worries.))  

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Still in the hazed but hasty rush of sleep, Estelle made her way around the room as fast as possible. Quickly she slipped out of her nightgown and into a t-shirt and a pair of old shorts and her boots. She was surprised how fast she could move without hesitation when adrenaline was rushing through her, making her heart beat abnormally fast for the morning. She wondered what time it was, but didn't pause to think about it as she met Rust out on the fire escape. The familiar prickle of rain stung her skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 pm
Genevieve ValJean

User Image

Gen got to the fifth floor, smiling like a girl about to open her Christmas presents. "Come out come out where ever you are." She sang. She kicked open one door, then another, and another, searching each room quickly and efficiently. She got to room 507, and the spirits hissed with anticipation. "I've found you" She sang and kicked the door open, splitting the door frame where the lock and knob was. "Come quietly and--" the room was empty. "Hmm, things just got more fun."

Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust pulled Estelle around a corner just as he heard his apartment door get busted in. He did not want to stick around to find out who it was, so he kept a hold on Estelle's hand and led her through the nearly abandoned streets. "We're gonna stop by the shop," he whispered to her, "There, Mr. Ravyn keeps what I've been working on safe. It's still a prototype, but with a few more adjustments, we will have a fast way out of here. At least for a little while."

At the shop, he quickly unlocked the door and pulled them both inside, locking the door behind them. He hoped who ever had broken into the apartment did not take joy in animal abuse, and that Soot had escaped. He hoped the cat would be alright on his own until Rust could go back for him.

Walking across the shop, Rust took hold of a cloth and pulled it off of what it was concealing. It looked like a bicycle, but without pedals. Instead it had long pipes going in and out of it, clearly to carry steam to power it
. "I just have to tune some things up, but it should run." he told her, grabbing some tools by a nearby workbench and crawling under it.  

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:48 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle clutched tightly to Rust's hand as they rushed down the streets without wasting time. She was kind of glad they were empty, after all, it made it much easier to navigate quickly away from the apartment. She nodded in reply at the thought of something that could get them out of here and fast. Who was that? her mind screamed as they continued on their way. The thought that her father wanted her back so badly he would send someone out to get her made her feel a mix of emotions she wasn't really used to. Most of it, however, was anger.

When they got safe into the shop, Estelle realized she was shaking again. She pulled her jacket out of her bag and slipped it on, setting her things on the floor and followed Rust across the shop. Her mouth dropped in amazement at the bicycle-like contraption. "You made this from scratch?" she asked, the astonished look still on her face. She closed her mouth as he began working on it, and she rubbed her eyes, trying to wake herself up completely. "I'm sorry for dragging you into all of this. It's my fault w-we're b-being chased." Estelle's teeth chattered from the morning chill; she folded her arms tightly across her chest and tried to pace her breathing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 pm
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust glanced at her from under the steam bike, hearing her stutter. "You can't blame your family;s crazy on yourself." He said, crawling out from under the contraption. He stood up and took off his jacket, draping it around Estelle's shoulders. "Besides, we lost whoever it was. We'll just evacuate ourselves, and when this whole thing blows over, we can go see about your family." He knelt back down and continued working on the bike. "And to answer your question about being built from scratch, no. Some one left an old bike of theirs to be tuned up and never came back for it. After about four months of it sitting here and taking up space, I asked-- Ouch! I asked Mr. Ravyn if I could do something with it. He said yes, so I stated tinkering. Figured I'd make a bike you could ride without pedaling." he came away from the bike holding his broken finger. "That should do it! Let's see if this works." straddling the bike, he put his foot on some kind of lever and kicked down, VROOM! It revved, then rumbled. He repeated the process until steam flowed through the pipes and the gears started to turn. "Aha!"

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle accepted the jacket gratefully, though felt a little embarrassed again and looked at her feet as he spoke. A smile found its way to her lips, and her body relaxed with his reassuring words in her mind. The idea that he could turn something broken and worn out into something fresh and new that worked like a charm was a huge reminder that things would turn out alright in the end. When the bike appeared to be working properly, Estelle looked up and smiled, proving her previous thoughts. "Rust, it's brilliant," she said, a bit of sparkle returning to her eyes. "You're brilliant!"

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff