Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Call To Aid Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 pm
"Oh. Thank you," the brunet answered the man, thinking about what underground springs and pools must have been like. He wondered if they would venture to any while looking for Ray. It sounded like a place someone might have been able to survive for a fair amount of time without contact from the outside world.

"Luke, I'm sorry, do you mind if I borrow that map when you're finished?" he asked the red-head softly. "I want to take a picture of it with my phone. Call me paranoid, but I'm not too keen on trusting just paper. Especially if there's water and fire where we're going."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm
Rosie perked up when she heard that, though in part it might have been becasue of the small smile he had.
"I didn't know that."
Talk about useful though! She knew what compass were for, and the idea behind them but she probably couldn't use one the way it was intended.

Akira

"Hey" the man snapped pointing a finger at the boy "If you want a map, buy one, no copying. haven't you heard of copyright laws?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosie smiled lightly at the man reprimanding Akira, feeling bad for the other boy.
Turning to her friends she nodded "I think that's everything. are we all ready to go?"

(Last call for any questions or anything else you wanted to do before the group leaves this scene)

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 pm
"But we're - aren't we sharing it anyway?!" Akira asked, sounding flustered as he reached up to tug his bangs. "It's not as though we just took a picture of the map and didn't pay! We bought one!" With a groan, he pulled out his wallet to pay for a second map. "...Fine. I doubt just one map will do with a group our size, anyway. We might get separated."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 pm
Akira:

"No. HE bought one, not you." The man corrected "If you want a copy, you buy one, Boy I didn't slave over making that map to have someone go and make copies of it. If you had the sense you would all get one." He huffed "And I would like to see your phone stand up to half the things that map can. What? you think I print that on cheap paper? I use those myself when I'm on a job."

Huffing again he took the five bucks from the boy, and, muttering to himself under his breath he snatched up another map, unfolding it and making on Akira's map where they wanted to go, before handing it out to Akira

Akira has obtained one map  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 pm
Rolling his eyes and tugging harder on his bangs, Akira was starting to wish that he had just waited until they had gotten away from this man. At least then he wouldn't have caused a scene and had to hold them up even further. "But aren't these copies of it?!" he cried, holding up the copy he purchased.

"As for my phone," he continued icily, as if taking personal offense to the comment, "I know it could stand up to a mine fire and an underground spring's moisture a great deal better than one of your copies, cheap paper or not. Perhaps if you had a proper job, you could afford a quality phone of your own!"

Suddenly realizing where he was, who he was talking to, and what their group's real intentions were, Akira shrunk away from the man and the counter. "I, um...I'm just going to be waiting outside..." he murmured, headed toward the door. On the way he could be heard grumbling something about commoners and mass production.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:17 pm
After what seemed like a through chastising from the older man, That at least the situation had been resolved.
Akira got a second map, and he had a point, having more then one to go around might be a good idea.

"Thats a really good idea though, I'll get one too." Rosie said, "Just in case."

Rosie handed the man a payment of five dollars, and in return her map was marked, and handed to her.
She left it folded, and placed it into her bag.

Rosie has obtained one map  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 pm
Luke in fact had not heard of copyright laws, not enough to know that Akira's request was anything but innocuous, and was mildly startled by the series of reactions that precipitated, up to and including Akira's indignant outburst and sudden departure. "Okay, we should probably get going then, right?" he suggested hastily, turning briefly to whomever was closest for support before addressing the employee again, "Thank you for your help; we really appreciate it."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:37 pm
Akira

The man leveled an unimpressed look on the boy.
"Read up on copy-laws kid, might do you some good. and maybe someone with hands as soft as yours and a complexion like a baby's bottom should live out in those woods and the deep mountains for a while before you go praising that phone of yours." He seemed to mutter this to himself, as if no one could really hear him, though he was fully aware that he wasn't being particularly quiet.

Putting his hands on his hips he shoes them out with a gesture when Luke decided that they should go
"Rayan sure knows how to pick some strange friends." He sighed to himself. "Whats that girl getting herself into now."

Luke

The thanks from the red haired boy drew a wave from the man, and a nod "You watch yourself in those mountains." He said in a friendly departure, though his eyes drifted to Luke's cane as they went with a deep frown. saying nothing.

(Plot with further once everyone is given time to post what they wanted to finish this scene up. Questions and purchases.
If you are not intending to post for it please make an OOC note )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosie watched with arched eyebrows as Akira seemed to get mad, realize what he was doing and walk out of the room.
Taken aback a bit, but snapping out of it when Luke suggest that they get a move on, she met his gave with a series of quick nods of agreement.
They had what they needed, the man was a lot of help, so they could continue on their way as quickly as possible.

"Are you okay?" she asked Akira as they joined him outside.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 pm
"Baby's bottom..." Akira grumbled to himself once he was outside, kicking at the dirt. "Honestly, just because I'm not beat up doesn't mean I'm stupid..." But he began to wonder if coming out here did. It wasn't what they would encounter that worried Akira. He'd simply forgotten how little practical knowledge he actually had. Sure, he might have been intelligent in a few areas like business etiquette, how audio equipment worked, and how to mess with music software, but what good was such specific knowledge, particularly out here?

Technology was an element he was comfortable with; not the outdoors. The fact that his phone had been insulted - though certainly not the best phone he'd ever owned - made him feel as though one of the few things he could be proud of about himself had been disrespected and belittled. It was as if his phone was a tie to the person he thought he was; a symbol of his worth. And what was it out here? Nothing.

Maybe he was just dramatizing things in his head. Maybe he was just upset because he himself had an awful job and wasn't paid much. He'd never realized that being tight on money could make someone feel so cranky and ashamed, even if that hadn't been the only reason for his outburst. Still, having been raised always having had enough money for whatever his parents approved of him buying, it was an odd revelation to make. He'd never before thought that five dollars could seem like so much, even for a map.

When Rosie came up to him, he ran a hand through his hair, ashamed of what she must have seen of him in there. "Y-yes, I think so," he told her, not meeting her gaze. "I'm sorry you had to see that. I guess I'm not...used to paying so much for a map," he chuckled half-halfheartedly. "Shall we get going?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:54 pm
Akira's response to the man behind the counter - as annoying as he was - was initially amusing, but the tail-end of it honestly unsettled Seraphine. It reminded her too much of all the friends she'd had in school, all of the ones who had abandoned her after she lost all her wealth, all of the ones who only showed their true colors after that point. The similarities were quite unsettling indeed, but she tried not to think about them for the time being and instead nodded in agreement with Luke, "Yeah, let's get the hell out of here and get going already." She'd had more than enough of standing around. That said, she exited the building after Rosie. Nicolette moved to follow Luke, not wanting to be left too far behind.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:04 am
Lin nodded to the Jirachi, sympathetically.
"Well. Maybe. If not, then they could give you one, if you wanted one." He didn't offer a name, himself; for one, he was still just a tiny bit unsettled- the pokémon talked- and, he suspected, that a name might mean much more from someone that the Jirachi called 'my friend', new or not.

"Oh! That's useful!" Lin blinked, impressed, as he was informed that Luke already had a compass on him. He then smiled sheepishly as the tour man tried to sell him one anyway.
"Uh. Y'know- I don't really plan on getting too far away from these guys..." He excused himself from the purchase- and having heard the price of the maps, doubted he could have afforded one anyway.
He watched others buying maps, and talking of phones, and money, regarding the exchanges curiously.
A slight frown as Akira went off muttering, but he couldn't really fault the irritation; five dollars would buy food for a couple of days, as long as he augmented it with berries and things, and ate carefully.
He raised a hand to the tour man in farewell, with a slightly plain, shrugging, smile, and then followed the others out.
Jeeves fixed the man with an arched eyebrow, turning to regard him coolly, even as he was carried through the door on Lin's shoulder; he likely thought some of the words that Akira had said, if one could judge from a pokémon's expression.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 am
"Yeah... You think so?" she asked. Though as she hovered backwards she glanced around at the others, before looking back at Lin, comparing the way that they feel. a slightly frown on her face she drifted closer to Lin.
"Are you nervous?" She asked, feeling something from him as she had approached him. She wouldn't know why she was unsettling to him.

following the others quickly out, the little Jirachi floated over to Luke
"Whats a compass? How is it going to get us to where we need to go? Can it teleport us?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 am
The party seemed ready to get on its way, so Luke took the time to look over the map, especially the circled area that indicated their eventual destination. He looked to the Jirachi as her voice appeared in his head, raising the compass to show to her, "Nothing that convenient, unfortunately. It's a tool for going places you're no familiar with without getting lost. See how the needle always points the same way no matter which way the compass is pointed? It always points to the north, so we always know which way we're going." For the time being, they would be following that needle and heading north into the mountains.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:48 am
"It points north?" she repeated in a small voice, putting her hands on Luke's wrist as she leaned over to get a closer look at the compass, her mouth open in wonder, looking up and off into the aria the needle pointed.
She watched as he worked with the map and compass, flitting around curiously at different angles.
"We're going north again?" she asked, watching where the concluded direction was.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:51 am
He nodded his confirmation. "Those mountains," he said, pointing to the peaks looming ahead and then to their graphical representation on the map, "are these mountains. We want to go to this spot here that's circled. It's south of Camphoreon," he pointed to the indication of the city, "but north of where we are now."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff