Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] All Aboard the SS Party! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:49 pm
Well, it would be rude to keep her face turned away any longer while Rosie was talking to her. So it hadn't been just a passing comment; seemed like this was going to turn into a full conversation sooner or later.

"Oh - Rosie! The last time we met was at that salon. It's me, Clara," she clarified with the delight of recognition. "I'm so sorry I didn't know you as soon as I heard your voice. I'd know that lovely face anywhere, though. Look at you! You're practically glowing."

Looking to Sera and Luke as Rosie introduce them, Clara smiled amicably and nodded to each, bowing slightly. "It's so nice to meet you both, Luke and Sera! I just met Rosie once before, so I'm surprised she remembered me at all. Seems like it's a small world, doesn't it?" she laughed lightly, her voice high and soft.

"Wow, that sounds...exotic," she said, taking on a dreamy look. "I'm afraid I haven't really left Camphoreon. Born here, you know? And it's so expensive to travel; I'm still saving up for school. It must be nice, though. Maybe someday." Beaming, she continued, "So what brings you and your lovely friends here? Any relation to the big birthday boy?" Though she did her best to be friendly and seem extroverted, it was a curious fact that Clara's eyes never met anyone else's directly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:00 pm
Andre watched the little Eevee trot off towards the group of gathering pokemon, his eyebrow raised in amusement. That Eevee certainly had an attitude that he could appreciate. Taking another sip from his glass, the purple haired man looped his arm through Vincent's and settled in for the conversation. He wasn't particularly interested in their little 'war stories' but he didn't really feel the need to go and strike up a conversation with anyone else. "His first pokemon but not his first time training." He added in, swirling the liquid in his cup idly. "I think he'll do a fine job raising the Eevee."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 pm
As the girl turned to look at her, Rosie paused for a moment, blinking a couple of times by the face that she was met with.
her mouth opened slightly but she stopped as she continued to speak, introducing herself and explaining where they had met, that was certainly not who she had just seen, but Rosie gave a start and put her hands up to her chest "Oh my goodness! Clara! Yes, I'm sorry I remember now."

She looked a stunned at the complements, pleasantly so, a very clear flush over her cheeks and a genuine smile spreading over her lips- "Oh- I just put on some makeup really." she said with a light laugh "That is such a sweet thing to say, especially coming from someone who is as lovely as you are."

She looked to her friends as Clara greeted them. "We spent the day talking at a salon," She blinked then looked back at Clara "So this means that you know Dith somehow? Wow! and you mention a small world." She nodded when asked if they knew him "We've been friends with Dith for a few years now, we do a lot of pokemon training together if we can manage time."

"Oh were you really? I was born in Camphoreon too! What are you trying to go to school for?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 pm
"T'be honest though, I'm not quite so sure on how I'm going t'approach training him," Vincent started, "M'used to... bigger pokemon. Like the nasty ol' Charizard that marked up my face! Bigger pokemon, more t'work- more power, more danger, more... more! But that little guy, I found him all beat up, haven't really done much training with him. Mostly been gettin' him back on his paws." Vincent explain, watching while Connie skulked off.

"Now, I think I do a pretty nice job of keepin' Andre's pokemon in check," he added, nodding. None of Andre's pokemon actually liked him, but Vincent wasn't afraid to be rough with them and when Andre wasn't around to keep them in check, Vincent was. Tepischore and Connie were much more fond of him than any other pokemon he knew.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:33 pm
"Eevee are fun, they've got a lot of potential." Ray said pointing to where the Eevee ran off to the other pokemon gathered.

the two exchanged bits of what she could tell would be an interesting story, her notched brow arching as she nodded slightly "I was wondering what claw did that. a Charizard huh? What made you want to go head to head with a Charizard?" She asked with a cackle.

"you found him beat up huh?" Ray asked with a light frown "Whats the story behind that?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Clara's heart skipped a beat when Rosie's mouth opened. She peered at her uncertainly through her lashes, her silent fears and concerns evident for a fraction of a second as she wondered if the blonde girl had figured it out. When she continued, though, she exhaled in a sigh of relief. It seemed not. At least for now.

Keeping her voice light, up-beat, and airy, Clara laughed and shook her head emphatically. "Please, stop. I know just what I look like, Rosie, and it's not half of what you are. And speaking of looks, it looks like some lucky guy knows it, too. Is that a diamond ring on your ring finger?!" Gasping, she reached for the other young woman's hand, almost squealing in excitement. "Oh, Arceus, it's beautiful! Was that there when I last saw you?! I'd thought I would have seen that thing a mile away! Who is he? Is he here?!" In a flash, she turned to appraise Luke, the nearest young man around, with a sly grin. "No wonder you look so radiant tonight. You must be so happy!"

Her attention relapsed back to Rosie as Dith was mentioned. "Dith? Ah, you mean the birthday boy. No, I'm afraid I don't personally. I was invited here as a plus one. Doesn't seem like my date's shown up yet, though, so it's been a bit awkward. Haven't summoned the courage to go meet this Dith without him, you see." She stared at down at her shoes bashfully as she spoke. "You don't know how glad I am to find someone else I know here. I thought I'd be alone the whole night!"

Sighing, she murmured, "I wish I'd been able to learn more about training pokemon. Alas, I've been occupied with other things. Hmm?" Brown eyes met blue once more. "Oh, were you?" She scratched the back of her head anxiously. "Uh, um...well, I was going to major in business, but...things didn't quite work out as planned," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "My real passion is music, but my parents knew it would never get me anywhere. I'm afraid they were right. But now that they cut me off, I have to find my own way back into school to finish a degree. Bad foresight on my part." Clara made a dismissive gesture. It was more or less the truth, anyway.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm
While he'd only met the man once, he'd seemed quite personable and interesting, and Abel couldn't help but be a little curious about the eyepatch. Filing the curiosity aside, the blonde man arrived at the docks wearing a light gray three piece suit, a purple tie completing the outfit. He'd spent a little more on it than he'd wanted to, given his meager income growing even more meager with the reduced store hours, but he hadn't had anything else to wear for the party and kind of needed something to be considered sticking to the dress code. He was also incredibly grateful for the gift ideas, as he wouldn't have had any idea what to get the man otherwise.

His pace slowed as he went, his colorful eyes scanning the dock for the boat - yacht - that made up his destination, and once he'd found what looked like it, his gait quickened again to eat up the remaining distance between it and himself. "Hey," he greeted the tall blonde man rather informally, almost as if he was wearing whatever he normally wore and not a fancy expensive suit he'd had to go out and buy recently, and offered him a grin and a hand to shake, while his other hand held a silver- and purple-wrapped box. "This is a pretty sweet day to have a birthday, I have to say. Happy birthday, man."

Isaac and Juliet followed after their trainer, devoid of any accessories for the occasion, the former much colder than the latter given his thin fur in comparison to her thick fur and type advantage. Fire types were probably so comfortable in winter...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 am
"M'more of a fire type kind of guy, I'm thinking perhaps when he gets a lil' older I might see if I can't find a fire stone." Vincent explained, then took another long sip of his drink and laughed. "Well! That happened a long time ago. Y'might say I can be impulsive, but... when I spotted the big brute, I guess I just thought, man! Andre'd love that guy! Charged in without thinkin' much about it. Snuck up on him, but still..." Vincent shook his head, looking to Andre, tugging him in a little closer. "Had to get some help from Andre. I could'a won on my own, I swear! But he got me good. How long was I down for?" Vincent directed the last question to Andre, head quirked to the side. Andre had, of course, been the one to take care of Vincent when he'd gotten hurt. Vincent couldn't remember a lot from the first few days after the incident.

"As for Connie an' Teppy, not much a'story along with them!" Vincent started. "Found 'em out in the forest- Andre'd know what happened better n'me. I just feed the lucky little fellas."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:28 am
"Definitely impulsive." Andre muttered under his breath though he wore an amused smile. He could remember the incident as if it were yesterday. As it had been an incredibly striking event it was no wonder that he could recall it so easily. Even to this day he could remember the sounds, the smells, the way his entire focus had been drawn to Vincent's crumpled, bleeding form. Quite the experience if he did say so himself. "It was very...thoughtful of you." He said blithely as he was drawn closer to the blonde's side. "But I still stand by my original statement; you are an idiot for trying to take down a Charizard with your bare hands." Luckily enough, the taller man seemed to have learned his lesson...somewhat. No charging pokemon any larger than himself, that's what they had agreed upon. "He was in critical condition for 3 days and bed ridden for a month. He had to wait two months before his injuries had healed enough that he could leave the sterile environment I had created." He paused thoughtfully. "He whined for the vast majority of it."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:52 am
"I guess you would," Dith replied to Ray, "but that is no excuse to challenge me to a duel so that you can take my place, okay?"

It seemed like he'd had no reason to be worried, people were drifting off into little groups and exploring the deck and... yes, it would be a good party. Yuri got a grin of thanks and a nod. "Smart! I will keep it around for next time I get myself hurt doing something stupid. Like falling off high heels." So far as he knew nobody else had got him a joke present - nobody here anyway, his sister had sent him a pack of assorted googly eyes and a sequinned eyepatch - so he was glad to get one from Yuri.

As Yuri moved off Dith spotted somebody he hadn't seen in quite some time. "Shizuo! You made it, hi!" he beamed, raising a hand in greeting himself. "How have you been?" he continued once the other blond was closer. Finally remembering the drink that Alexa had brought for him Dith took a sip - it was rather good.

Another new arrival claimed his attention a moment later, one he knew less well but remembered for those amazing eyes. "Abel, welcome, and thank you!" Dith greeted warmly. "It is convenient, it makes it pretty hard for me to forget. Ah, Shizuo this is Able, Able - Shizuo."

----------------

"How cruel of me," Kirk smirked to Alexa, "you seem to have coped well though, and you're looking lovely yourself. New dress?" He hadn't seen it before and it did suit Lex even if it wasn't something he would wear himself....

Well then! Kirk raised an eyebrow at Alexa and tilted his head very slightly, almost imperceptibly over to the girl who'd just taken off her coat to reveal a jewelled dress - the other girl he'd thought he recognised in fact. "Somebody wants to steal the show," he murmured to his companion. Bad taste! Oh well, it would be fun to watch probably and if she took that dress off later to change into something more comfortable it would be worth watching out for an opportunity to quietly acquire it, it had to be worth something to the right kind of person.

----------------

Tori Honoo

"Excuse me miss!" a young woman in a smart but plain black suit with a name-badge declaring 'Emma' pinned to her jacket approached Dove with a smile. "Can I take your coat for you? I'll put it below deck in the cloakroom."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 am
"Oooh right, I knew I recognized him from somewhere." It all made sense now.

Yuri patiently waited as Dove took off her coat. Though he blinked with some surprise at the dress she had been hiding underneath. Whoa, not bad at all. He might have said something but then some woman appeared and offered to take her coat.

"Damn, this is like how it was a Luke's house in Grande Ile. All these woman wanting to do things for me." It got pretty annoying sometimes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 am
Emma's smile went a little bit plastic. "We're here to serve, sir," she chirped to Yuri, "I can take your coat too if you'd like."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:43 am
Fathom and Distance had come along with Ray who they had been staying with since making it out of the forest they'd left their original trainer at. The Vaporeon had recognized the woman from her first encounter with Tymiko and felt he could trust her. A great deal more than Tymiko, in any case.

The lure of a party at sea, though, and under the stars...that sounded wonderful. He wanted Distance to know what it was like; to enjoy herself after the stressful events they'd been through. She'd been quite depressed as of late as she'd been more attached to their trainer than Fathom had. Perhaps this experience would change that.

Not to mention it was Dith's birthday, from what Fathom understood, and it would have been nice to pay him his respects. Not to mention maybe catch up with Viktor and perhaps get a glimpse of Luna. So it was with these hopes that he went with Double Stripe and Ray onto the boat where he discovered a nice little gathering of other pokemon. Some he had seen before and some he hadn't. He was sure he'd have noticed that dashing specimen of a female Vaporeon if he'd met her before.

he told the group, approaching with Distance in tow. She looked about curiously but didn't seem inclined to say much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:46 am
Walking up the gangplank with a hand up to one ear Konstantin spoke in Russian into a neat little bluetooth headset. Reaching the deck he nodded, uttered a few more querying words, and headed over to the bar. A quick word to the handsome dark-skinned young man working behind it got him a glass of white wine in a flute which he picked up and tapped the side of with a spoon, also provided by the bar tender.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and anyone else of any other persuasion!" he called, smooth British tones projecting clearly across the deck. "Just for your information we'll be casting off in the next few minutes. If you need anything; directions, somewhere to put a coat, etc etc, please just ask one of our hosts and hostesses in the black suits with the name badges. Or me if you're so inclined. If you know of anyone we're still waiting on please let me know and I can ask the captain to put off our departure. Our schedule for the rest of the night is loose; mingling until sundown when the dancefloor will open, the hot tubs on deck near the stern are open all night, and there are some function rooms below deck if you're finding it too chilly up here. There will be a more substantial buffet dinner up here later on, and sometime after midnight we'll all retreat below deck for games and more refreshments. Any questions or concerns, again, please don't hesitate to seek me out. That's all for now, so it just remains for me to thank you all for coming and to wish you an excellent time."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00 pm
Dove smiled as the woman approached her and asked to take her coat, handing it over. "Thank you so much..."

Yuri's comment, however, drew a look. "Then appreciate it," she told him softly, her cheeks a bit pink as she noticed the woman's change in smile.

Her coat now gone, she shifted the fur around her arms, looking over toward the source of the announcement, listening carefully before turning back to Yuri as Trill again settled on her shoulders, reaching out to poke one of the accents of her neckpiece. "Let's go find something to drink."

Diana, meanwhile, looked up at the umbreon, her ears perked as she stepped forward.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff