Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Ill Met By Moonlight (Starfire and Io) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm
CasϨandra ʅaruzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Cassie nodded and got up to pick the flowers she had indicated. There was a nice sized patch of them, but she wanted to leave most of them. Just enough for her to use on her hair, and parts of her body. Once those were gathered, she got up to grab something to fill water in. There was their water skin - or rather, his water skin - but she didn't want to use that. It was for drinking water after all. A curved piece of peeling bark caught her eye. It seemed good enough for holding some water.

As she went to get it, hearing Kaine's voice made her stop. Stay longer? That sounded much better than going off on her own right away. And she did have more she needed to learn, that much was true. The last part surprised her a bit. He cared enough for her not to get eaten? A small smile formed on her face and she turned to nod at him.
"Okay, I promise I'll stay where you need me. You can do what you need to do." She said, feeling grateful. It was good to know she wouldn't be alone just yet. Despite the fact she needed to learn things still, she liked having company. And Kaine wasn't bad, at least that's what she thought. He was just doing what he needed to survive.

io3121

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

Kaine

With that, Kaine nodded and turned back to the crops, not wanting to feel any more awkward than he did now. With a sigh, he sauntered over to the peach tree and sat, resting his back against it's trunk. It was a good time for a rest. When Cassie was rested and ready, they would head back to the cave. There was not so much a hurry now that she would be staying with him for a while longer, and the farther he got from her before night fall, the better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the horses and men were rested, Gustav gave the order to press on. He wanted out of this forest before nightfall, but he did not want to leave without finding what happened to her highness, preferably finding her and taking her back with them. There was one thing worrying him though. She had been taken hostage, according to the eye witnesses, but the tracks he had been following betrayed no signs of struggle. It looked as if she was willingly going with the criminal. But why? Did he threaten or beat her into submission? Poison her? They sped off, following the trail, though it seemed a bit harder to follow now.

Japanesestarfire

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:32 pm

User Image

Seeing how Kaine had finished speaking to her for the moment, Cassie went back to retrieving the peeling bark. It seemed to be sturdy enough to hold water, at least. She headed back to the spring and sat down with the bark and flowers. From there, (o.o.c: through a process unknown because I couldn't find it online and was too tired to keep searching, but I know the flowers can make soap somehow)she worked the flowers until they became a soapy like substance. She removed the pins and ornuments that were in her hair, then washed it and rinsed it out with water inside the bark.

Seeing how there was no mirror to refasten her hair the way it was, Cassie grabbed her hair accessories and put them into the bag. She hoped Kaine wouldn't mind. Using another cloth strip, she tied her wet hair. It would help dry it at least, and make sure it wouldn't become wild when it did. That would drive her crazy.

Once she was finished, she headed over to where Kaine stood. The peaches looked good, she wondered if she would be able to pick one to eat.
"Anything else you had planned for the day?" She asked, unsure if he was having her leave for the cave yet or not.

io3121

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 am
User Image

Kaine

Kaine had closed his eyes to relax, and ended up falling into a light doze. The sun peeking through the trees settled on his face and the warmth was soothing, coupled with the coolness of the shade. This hidden garden was the only place he could feel safe enough to doze like this, and he came here so rarely, it was nice to indulge.

A voice stirred him, and his sapphire eyes lifted gently open to fall on Cassie. He blinked, collecting his thoughts, then stood, stretching his neck and hearing it pop in a few places. That felt better. "No, not really. We should start heading back to the cave." He looked up at the tree he had been napping under and saw a few, very ripe and juicy looking peaches, ready for the picking. He reached up and shook the branch, the plump, pink thing snapping off easily and falling into his open hand. He held it out to Cassie, the shook another branch to topple one for himself. "You know they're best when they pop off after a few shakes. If they fall too soon, they're too old, if they cling to the stem and wont fall, it needs more time." he informed, then took a bite of peach. He motioned for her to follow, and led the way back out of the oak fortress, back into the forest.

Japanesestarfire
Uuugh, sorry for the short ish post. Works been killer and I barely had time to squeeze this one in, but I wanted you to know I still wanna roleplay! Hope you haven't given up on me

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:43 pm

User Image

Cassie nodded in response to Kaine's explanation about the peaches. They certainly looked and smelled appetizing. Much so like the ones back in her home. Well, former home. She really needed to stop considering it her home. She took one last look at the beautiful secluded garden before following Kaine back out into the forest. Sure, the cave was nice, and she already had a bed set up and ready for her. The only thing she was a bit concerned about was staying alone. The thoughts of the mountain lioness finding her way back to her was a bit unnerving.

Still, she noticed the forest still wasn't as lively as it was the previous day. Not even her blue bird was in sight. There wasn't any rabbits or mice scurrying around either to her knowledge. Not that she could hear, anyway. It was odd.
"Um, I'm not sure if it means anything.. But does the forest seem more... still to you today?" She asked, unsure if it was just her who thought so. After all, he lived in the forest longer. If anyone knew seemingly everything about the forest, it was him. At least that's what she thought.

{o.o.c. No worries smile I'm happy you're still wanting to roleplay! I can totally understand a busy schedule ^^ }

io3121

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

Kaine

Kaine had noticed the unusual behavior of the forest, and it seemed to be intensifying. "Yes. It does." he answered softly. He was impressed with her sensitivity to the forest, coming from living inside of the walls of the kingdom. He had noticed that from the first day spent with her. She had an unique connection to the forest, that much was obvious to him. What kind of connection, or how it served her was beyond him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The garrison had not traveled very far from the waterfall when Gustav decided following the tracks was becoming too difficult. Thinking carefully, he called his men to halt. He looked back towards the waterfall. Though he hated the thought of it, it looked as if they would be spending the night in this forest. The waterfall seemed like the safest place for the moment. He ordered his men to back track and start setting up camp at the waterfall. Gustav, with the enlisted help of two others, stuck to the rear of the parade to cover their tracks. Something told him it would be a good idea to leave no trace of their presence past the waterfall.

The sun was a mere hour before setting when a scout came rushing back to report. "Speak freely scout, what have you seen?" Gustav asked. The scout saluted and began his report. "From atop the tree I was perched in sir, I spotted two human forms making their way here from the East. From what I could see, they match the description of the Princess and Sapphire Eyes." Gustav nodded, turning hastily to the camp. It was a bit late to repack, but he was formulating a plan in his head as he scanned the area. The woods were dense around the clearing they were in, and the cliff that fed the waterfall would be a good vantage point. "Clear it up men and await further orders." He called to his men and began preparations.

Japanesestarfire
thanks for understanding. I want to say I'll be more active, but I don't want to disappoint. I'm still willing to keep going though, as long as you are. Wouldn't blame you for dropping me though. I am having fun. You are a wonderful Roleplayer!

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:20 pm

User Image

Kaine's answer made her a bit uneasy. So the forest seeming strange wasn't just her imagination! Her mossy green eyes scanned the trees, searching for the familiar blue of her bird. To her disappointment, it was nowhere to be seen. Had it sensed the strangeness too?

As they walked, she tried keeping a lookout for any sort of wildlife. There weren't even track marks from scurrying rabbits or mice from what she had seen. Along the way she also picked a few wild plants and mushrooms she determined may be useful for them. Either as food or remedies, as far as some of the herbs go. She'd just made soap out of a plant after all! How she did though, she had no idea.

An oddly familiar shape in the dirt caught Cassie's attention.
"Hey, Kaine? Hold on a second..." She said as she bent down to examine the print. It looked almost like..... a shoe print. Clearly not her's. There was no defined heel like her boots were made. That left a male's footprint. But who's? Her eyes moved from the footprint to Kaine. "Is this yours?

{o.o.c. Thank you! smile Same to you! smile It's totally fine, I'm sorry for not replying until now. I have now 6 weeks of classes left so the professors are slamming us with stuff x.x Thankfully I like to work ahead so I can actually reply today XD Sorry for the small post by the way, I'm a bit pooped from class x.x }

io3121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:34 am
User Image

Kaine

Kaine stopped when she had called to him, coming to look at what she had spotted. His brow furrowed when he saw the footprint. It was not his. He left nary a dent when he walked, and he wore soft, doe skin boots to help prevent footprints. "They're not mine. And not yours... There's someone else in this forest." Kaine sniffed the air, keeping his ears sharp for an twitch or heartbeat. At the moment, there seemed to be none, but there was definitely something amiss.

The targets had stopped, but they were within eyesight now. So close! But it seemed they were becoming aware of the situation. The thief was a smart one. And there was indeed the princess. The mossy eyes were unmistakable. Gustav frowned. She seemed fine. It almost seemed like she was happy to be with him, and not kidnapped at all. But the King wanted his daughter back, and Gustav served the King, not the princess. Not only that, but Gustav had a personal grudge against Sapphire eyes. He had made his law enforcement look incapable, and therefore, he would show no mercy. He turned and gave the signal for the crossbowman to fire at will. The Young man took aim, setting his sights on Sapphire's right shoulder, a non lethal hit, just as Gustav ordered, and fired.

There was a click, and a loud, whistling sound a moment before pain stuck Kaine in his right shoulder. He let out a shout and stumbled back a few paces, gripping the arrow tightly in his left hand, trying to pull it out. He stopped when the action proved more painful. He looked ahead at where the shot was fired from. "Cassie run! Back to the gard-" The sound of running feet and horse hooves cut him off as a small horde came crashing through the trees after them. It was Cassie's kingdom guards! They had come after her?! Why? She was only a girl?! Why would the king waste resourced for one peasant girl... Kaine looked at Cassie. "You, You're not..." He put the pieces together just as a large man with short black hair came upon them on horseback, crossbow raised at Kaine's head. The man seemed somehow familiar. "You will come with us, and you will not put up a fight. If you do, You will be killed."

Two guards split off and came towards Cassie. "Your Highness, We have come to retrieve you. Your fathers been worried sick about you ever since the kidnapping." Gustav explained, "If you for some reason refuse to come along," He looked back at Kaine, "He dies." Something told him she cared enough about the thief to want to cooperate for his sake. If he was wrong however...

Japanesestarfire
I hope you do well in your last weeks of school! Good luck!

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 pm

User Image

Cassie's eyes widened as she took in the situation. They had found her. What was more was they had hurt Kaine. He didn't do anything! Her mind screamed at her to run, to get away. But she wasn't going to leave him behind, especially at the threat of his death. Sighing, she straightened up and resumed proper Princess posture. Surely she looked nothing like a princess, with a torn dress and messy hair, but she didn't care.

"Sir Gustav, please don't bring harm to this man. And to set the record straight, he did not kidnap me. If anything, he saved your dear Princess from dying in the forest, multiple times." She said, not wanting any charges to come to him. Surely kidnap of a Princess was worthy of life in prison, or death. Although it seemed to be leaning towards death. She hoped the good deeds he had done would outshine whatever else he could be charged for.

"I... I will come with you as long as he is not to be harmed."
She said finally. The thought of home was bittersweet. She'd come to like her time in the forest, and being in the company of Kaine. Going back home wasn't something she wanted, but the situation they were in wasn't something she thought of. Why didn't she think these things through?

{o.o.c. Thank you! smile }

io3121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:37 pm
User Image

Kaine

Gustav held a hand out for the princess to take as she would be riding back to the kingdom with him. "On my honor, no further harm will come to this man as long as there be no reason for it." He promised with a slight bow. "Now come. Night will fall soon, and the forest will be dangerous after dark."

Kaine scanned his situation, silent and calculating. He could not be allowed to be taken to the kingdom. Not tonight of all nights. His shoulder throbbed, the arrow still in it, but he could still run. Then again, could he? There were too many eyes on him at once. There would surely be more injuries to follow should he try to escape. Could he survive them? Was he fast enough to get away without too many hits? No, not with this many op[opponents, and not with the light still abundant. He would have to come along quietly for now, but he would keep an eye out for an opportunity for escape.

That opportunity just became almost an impossibility, as two men approached him with chains. He took a step back, but the click of another crossbow froze him in his tracks. Gustav turned his attention back to the thief, "The princess has bid that you are to remain unharmed, but that does not excuse you from the multiple accounts of theft you will be charged and tried for. Do not attempt to escape, or I will be forced to break my promise to her highness." Kaine glared at the captain, his piercing blue eyes promising death should he find the chance, but he did not budge. The chains were clapped around his wrists and neck, then secured to the saddle horn of the first lieutenant. They march began, and the sun sank closer to that dangerous twilight. Kaine feared it for two reasons. The night with strangers in the forest meant that the poison would flow through the mist tonight, but with the setting of the sun came the rising of the moon, and it was full tonight.

Japanesestarfire

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:52 pm

User Image

Hearing Gustav's response, Cassie nodded once. Glancing over to give Kaine a sympathetic look, she noticed something seemed off about him. Besides being hurt. Something definitely needed to be done about that. But what...... Realization dawned on her. He wanted her to leave him for the night. For what reason, she wasn't sure, but she assumed it may of had to do with his ability to transform into a wolf.

"Wait, Sir Gustav. I have another request, if I may." She added, refusing to accept the man's hand until her conditions were met. "I... I request to stay here for the night. I'm... I'm afraid of travel at night." She said, opting for the scared Princess routine. She'd tried it once or twice before, each time getting what she wanted, but she was younger then. She just hoped it would work again this time around. "May I request he and I stay here? We can stay in the cave here. No harm will come of me. And I would like to tend to his wound your men inflicted. I'm sure your men have camp supplies for yourselves out here?" She knew it was a long shot, but she had to try. Getting out was a different story. But she hoped her and Kaine could figure something out if Gustav allowed her request.

io3121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:01 pm
User Image

Kaine

Gustav Ordered his men to continue marching without them, then looked down at the princess, stuffing his annoyance down deep and remaining calm. "I wish I could allow you that request your highness, but there are far too many reasons against it. Your father wants you back as soon as possible, the forest is known to kill those who linger in it after dark, though you managed to survive. Remarkable and fortunate, and I am glad of it. If it eases you, We will ride fast and make it to the kingdom before it gets too dark, and once again, on my honor, I will see to it personally that the thief gets full medical attention the moment we get to the castle. We have professional healers there that will make short work of his flesh wound." Gustav's hand remained open and waiting, "I must urge you to hurry though, for the longer we linger, the darker it gets and the longer the thief must suffer his wound."

Japanesestarfire

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:09 pm

User Image

Cassie sighed, disappointed her suggestion didn't work. At the mention of Kain, she glanced over towards him again. Why did Gustav have to put her in such a predicament? "Sorry." She mouthed to Kaine, feeling bad about her choice. Her only idea didn't work. And she supposed finding the right herbs to help him would be a bit trickier than going somewhere he could be treated right away.

Turning back to face Gustav again, she nodded once. It felt like defeat, in a way. So this is where her new life ended.
"Fine, we will go. But if the mist starts to come, please let us stop. It's better to find shelter of any kind other than trying to outrun it. My father will understand." She said. A part of her wondered if the mist would appear to them, and if so, then if it would leave Kaine and her alone. Such a thought surprised her. Didn't she care what happened to her father's men? She shook her head of the thoughts.

io3121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:35 pm
User Image

Kaine

Kaine noticed the attempt on Cassie's part, nodding ever so slightly at her apology. He would have to figure something else out.

Gustav lifted Cassie up onto the horse with him, thankful she had seen reason. He kicked his horse into a fast gallop, catching up with the rest of the regiment. Kaine was helped onto a horse with the lieutenant, who then matched pace with Gustav. Kaine was getting anxious. He couldn't figure out how he would escape! He was chained, and stuck on the back of a horse, going at a fast gallop. The closer the sun got to the horizon, the more pale and nervous Kaine became. He was beginning to sweat, his body temperature rising as the beast inside began to awaken. He began to pant and twist, trying to escape his bonds. The chains clanked and chimed. the Lieutenant had to slow his horse, and Gustav looked over to see what the problem was. "Whats the meaning of this?" He asked, pulling the reins to slow up and come closer to the prisoner. "Don't struggle. I've promised to have you treated when we get to the castle." He informed.

"No, Let me go! You need to let me go! I'll kill you all if you don't!" It sounded like a threat, but he said it more with fear than with hatred. Gustav put a hand on his sword, "You dare threaten the King's guard in your situation. You must be more a fool than I originally thought. Cease this nonsense or I will be forced Into drastic measures."

Japanesestarfire

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 pm

User Image

Cassie jumped down from the horse and hurried over to the scene. "He isn't threatening! He's warning." She knew the information was most likely too much, but if asked she would say no more. Trying to gain authority, she turned towards Gustav, holding her hand over his arm grasping the sword. She wasn't sure if she could stop him, but she would certainly try. A thought occurred to her. She could fight back with her dagger. Sure, it wouldn't be much of a match for a sword, and she didn't learn to fight completely, but she could try.

"Let him go. It's better for him. If it makes you happy, you can collect him again in the morning." By this point, Cassie felt as if she was pleading with the Lieutenant. "I give this order as a Princess. I wish no harm to befall on anyone. He knows how to take care of himself. Aren't you a bit more worried about getting me out?" A speck of blue out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. Her bird came back? She hoped if her plead worked, she could use the bird to send cleaning supplies and binds to Kaine so he didn't have to suffer. Gustav seemed like a tough man to sway, however.

io3121

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces