Get hype. (SSB4) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm
Oh Gods, I'd love if doomchu got in again.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 pm
Lol Pichu...

if you wanted to have fun THAT is who you used.

I could see snake coming back, he had a lot of original move sets. he was clone to no one. and made kirby look good.  

Xilo The Odd

cam98koy

Friendly Raider

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:27 pm
Meta_Fish
cam98koy
Meta_Fish
cam98koy
Also how long would it take to power it up mac's Ko punch.
No one knows. It builds while you are inflicting AND taking damage which is ******** bonkers. It seems OP, but it's like the Wario Waft. Everyone knows when it's fully charged (moreso now) and they are not going to let you use it on them. Hopefully it doesn't suck as much as that attack. Man, confirm Wario already.

Wario and Captain Falcon are two people we know is in for sure.
I mean, we don't, but we do. I feel pretty good about them, Ness and Meta Knight but I just hate them not revealing characters. SOMEONE's getting cut other than Squirtle and Ivysaur. We just don't know who.

Unconfirmed veterans
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Wario
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Ganondorf
Ike

Then there's the less likely.

Snake
Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu (LOL!)

There are so many good Brawl Veterans to reveal! That's a long list for a game that's coming out at the most in four months, that's only had six new characters added to it. Is Ganon out, replaced by Demise or Ghirahim? Is he in, still a clone? Is Captain Falcon going to be significantly changed like some of the other characters? Is he just going to be cut altogether because he doesn't really make sense anyway? Is he finally going to get his SWORD?

Is ROB just a one-time character? Are they really taking out Mr. Game & Watch? I hate not knowing. It's coming out so soon, just reveal more of the veterans since you've only shown six newcomers.

Falcon, Wario, Ice Climbers, and Ness/Lucas all have something that confirms them. Metaknight is probably coming due to being a character from Sakurai. I do think Fire Emblem is big enough for Ike to come back. Really Rob is the only one I what cut since I felt he was only there for the storyline.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:38 pm
I literally loved Pichu in melee and used him so much only second to Roy.  

cam98koy

Friendly Raider

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 am
Rusti Fire
Oh Gods, I'd love if doomchu got in again.
Well if we're only getting a set number of characters, I think we can admit Pichu and Dr. Mario are both wastes. As far as Smash clone go they are two of the most egregious. I loved Dr. Mario, but with the custom movesets I can see you being able to tweak characters to where clones aren't needed. Falco could be out for that reason alone. Fox's reflector could have an alternate where he kicks it out and his laser could get one that actually slows you like Falco's.

I'd love a Doctor costume for Mario and Luigi, though.

Xilo The Odd
I could see snake coming back, he had a lot of original move sets. he was clone to no one. and made kirby look good.
I'd love for Snake to come back for his codecs and movesets alone but he didn't fit very well, Kojima didn't really lend Nintendo any help with games (the most we got was MGS3D and right before it came out, MGS HD Collection was announced/released for PS360 for the SAME PRICE) and Kojima recently stated he hasn't heard anything about him being in the game.

cam98koy
Falcon, Wario, Ice Climbers, and Ness/Lucas all have something that confirms them. Metaknight is probably coming due to being a character from Sakurai. I do think Fire Emblem is big enough for Ike to come back. Really Rob is the only one I what cut since I felt he was only there for the storyline.
I'd say Wario, Ness and Meta Knight are all likely but I can see Falco getting cut. Even in Brawl he was pretty damn similar to Fox. And yea, Fire Emblem is big, but Ike isn't. I'd see him getting replaced.

ROB wasn't just there for the storyline. He was a unique fighter and a great nod to Nintendo's past. Sakurai LOVES to reference the most obscure parts of Nintendo's history (see Little Mac's wireframe skin, the TV Color Game 15 and Mr. Game & Watch) so I can see him (hopefully) coming back.

And I don't know why everyone says Sakurai is so partial to his own characters. It wasn't until the THIRD game that we got Dedede and Meta Knight and at that point it was kind of like "Why weren't they there from the beginning or in Melee?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 am
Meta_Fish
cam98koy
Meta_Fish
cam98koy
Also how long would it take to power it up mac's Ko punch.
No one knows. It builds while you are inflicting AND taking damage which is ******** bonkers. It seems OP, but it's like the Wario Waft. Everyone knows when it's fully charged (moreso now) and they are not going to let you use it on them. Hopefully it doesn't suck as much as that attack. Man, confirm Wario already.

Wario and Captain Falcon are two people we know is in for sure.
I mean, we don't, but we do. I feel pretty good about them, Ness and Meta Knight but I just hate them not revealing characters. SOMEONE's getting cut other than Squirtle and Ivysaur. We just don't know who.

Unconfirmed veterans
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Wario
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Ganondorf
Ike

Then there's the less likely.

Snake
Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu (LOL!)

There are so many good Brawl Veterans to reveal! That's a long list for a game that's coming out at the most in four months, that's only had six new characters added to it. Is Ganon out, replaced by Demise or Ghirahim? Is he in, still a clone? Is Captain Falcon going to be significantly changed like some of the other characters? Is he just going to be cut altogether because he doesn't really make sense anyway? Is he finally going to get his SWORD?

Is ROB just a one-time character? Are they really taking out Mr. Game & Watch? I hate not knowing. It's coming out so soon, just reveal more of the veterans since you've only shown six newcomers.
Have you considered they might leave some of them secret? Isn't that what you wanted? I recall, maybe you, maybe Wayne, complaining that it was kinda lame to know EVERYTHING about the game by the time it came out.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

cam98koy

Friendly Raider

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 am
Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
I'd love for Snake to come back for his codecs and movesets alone but he didn't fit very well, Kojima didn't really lend Nintendo any help with games (the most we got was MGS3D and right before it came out, MGS HD Collection was announced/released for PS360 for the SAME PRICE) and Kojima recently stated he hasn't heard anything about him being in the game.

I didn't use Snake that often but he was one of my guys in Boss Battles with his explosives.

Meta_Fish
cam98koy
I'd say Wario, Ness and Meta Knight are all likely but I can see Falco getting cut. Even in Brawl he was pretty damn similar to Fox. And yea, Fire Emblem is big, but Ike isn't. I'd see him getting replaced.

ROB wasn't just there for the storyline. He was a unique fighter and a great nod to Nintendo's past. Sakurai LOVES to reference the most obscure parts of Nintendo's history (see Little Mac's wireframe skin, the TV Color Game 15 and Mr. Game & Watch) so I can see him (hopefully) coming back.

And I don't know why everyone says Sakurai is so partial to his own characters. It wasn't until the THIRD game that we got Dedede and Meta Knight and at that point it was kind of like "Why weren't they there from the beginning or in Melee?"

I think Brawl may have made Ike more iconic so he has a chance. Plus in Brawl Roy was going to be in so there's a good chance we'll have Marth, Ike, and Chrom.

And I wasn't in the hype for melee since I didn't know what smash was but I do kinda hope that's the case because that might be the only way Bandanna Waddle Dee can get in.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am
Could the songs played in the direct hint at stages? Like he played Area 6 during the assist trophy lineup, so could that mean Lylat Cruise may be back?  

cam98koy

Friendly Raider

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:03 am
[Kegan]
Have you considered they might leave some of them secret? Isn't that what you wanted? I recall, maybe you, maybe Wayne, complaining that it was kinda lame to know EVERYTHING about the game by the time it came out.
I have and I hope they do. Brawl didn't have many we didn't know about until launch but I still think there are some characters we should know. We gotta know about Ness and Meta Knight. Ganondorf might be secret but man... Brawl had a lot of confirmed newcomers before it came out and we have a handful, but six... Is worrying. And the game comes out so soon, it's strange that we won't know more of the veterans. 13 veterans unconfirmed! That's a lot.

cam98koy
I didn't use Snake that often but he was one of my guys in Boss Battles with his explosives.

I think Brawl may have made Ike more iconic so he has a chance. Plus in Brawl Roy was going to be in so there's a good chance we'll have Marth, Ike, and Chrom.

And I wasn't in the hype for melee since I didn't know what smash was but I do kinda hope that's the case because that might be the only way Bandanna Waddle Dee can get in.
Snake can be fun to use with a group of friends if you can trick them with the explosives and he's a strong character to boot.

Brawl made Ike huge, but I don't know. He's iffy. Fire Emblem characters are a difficult group to bet on. I think Ganon could make a good Ike reskin. Isn't Chrom almost the exact same as Marth, fighting-wise? I don't know, it would be really weird to have two blue haired sword characters that play the same and have the same sized-swords. It was weird enough to have Ike and Marth.

I think Bandana Dee would make a good addition, especially with the Halberd stage returning. He would at least have a spear which is a new weapon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 am
Meta_Fish
cam98koy

Snake can be fun to use with a group of friends if you can trick them with the explosives and he's a strong character to boot.

Brawl made Ike huge, but I don't know. He's iffy. Fire Emblem characters are a difficult group to bet on. I think Ganon could make a good Ike reskin. Isn't Chrom almost the exact same as Marth, fighting-wise? I don't know, it would be really weird to have two blue haired sword characters that play the same and have the same sized-swords. It was weird enough to have Ike and Marth.

I think Bandana Dee would make a good addition, especially with the Halberd stage returning. He would at least have a spear which is a new weapon.

I never played awakening but the closest character in that game to Marth was Lucina, especially since he was able to disguise herself as him.

Waddle Dee is my favorite character in Kirby. Plus he can use both Spear and Parasol which mean the return of the of the Parasol from melee, especially since Kirby, (and if Waddle Dee is in) would have there own falling animation with it.  

cam98koy

Friendly Raider

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
cam98koy
Waddle Dee is my favorite character in Kirby. Plus he can use both Spear and Parasol which mean the return of the of the Parasol from melee, especially since Kirby, (and if Waddle Dee is in) would have there own falling animation with it.
Umbrella Dee is an enemy in Smash Run. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but seems kinda unlikely.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 pm
Hah. I never even made that connection. If it weren't for the smash run footage, I'd think that King Dedede throwing gordos was an indicator that Waddle Dee would be playable in some form.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:12 pm
If we're on a Kirby tangent, I want an assist trophy that spills out a bunch of Peppy bros Jr. both on foot and some riding a variety of round items that can be used by players, such as bombs, poke balls, food, etc. That would be sick.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm
I have been think about other Metroid characters they could choose, beside Ridley. And the only person I can think of is Anthony Higgs. He is one of the few people that survived a in a Metroid story, has both a Freeze Gun and a Plasma Gun and could be the first Black person in Smash Bros.  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm
Not gonna lie. This accurately represents my inner reaction to the Greninja reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3QsczwIa4
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces