[FIN] Threads Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 am
"Wouldn't have the size and don't know the temperament and well squiddles." Lex laughed slightly, thinking of using an Omaynte as a flotation device. Or a Kabuto.

"That is welcoming... I think I would go cross eye if I was going comparison and sequence consistency. It is bad enough when a friend kept thrusting binary coding at me." 1s and 0s and just to much overload.

"Other areas of experimentation such as?" He questioned, intrigued. "I umm also wrote a few things. One was the evolutionary advantages of electric typing in small rodent Pokemon to explain their present as the bulk of both rodent species and electric typing."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:04 pm
"Binary? Oh, um, I tried to learn a bit of that once but I guess I, um, don't really like computers as much as... well... life."

She widened her eyes as she was asked about her work, then blew out a sigh.
"Uh... Where to start... There's a bunch of stuff some people think is mundane, like trying to, um, optimize our growth matrix formulas, balancing the right nutrition an composition and all sorts... No good trying to grow a rock type in an Auxin-rich base after all... And, um, likewise, a grass type's not going to be very happy sitting in a Conchiolin-heavy solution... Plus there are the biomorphic experiments, though those are.. um... rarer. Have you ever met Agent Jerome's Feraligatr? Before my time as an agent with her specifically, but, um, we work on stuff like that. Oh! And, well, I'm also a biologist, with an interest in biological systems, so I, um, worked with the tech division to implement our current 'mon-based security system..."

Electric types... Not her favourite, but less nerve-wracking, to the point of being cute, in rodent form. She had grown to know quite a few Pichus and Pikachus...
"Oh? Might I have read that? Um, we got a few things in university along such lines... What conclusions did you draw?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:03 pm
"I've only met Bro out of Jerome's pokemon... that I remember." Jerome had been there and he couldn't recall a lot after Clancy tipped their hand and yeah, lets not think about it. "I don't know how they could consider that mundane, if you don't keep an eye on the matrix formulas then the pokemon grown could have developmental problems."

"Sure... I would have to find where I put a hard copy. The end conclusion was while the speed works on protecting them from land predators, electricity is an supreme evolutionary defense against aerial and marine predators. Hence it is likely that most electric mice have a evolutionary ancestor and broke into different species along the way due to higher reproduction successes."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am
"Ah, Bro." Tambrey smiled, and looked somewhat fond. "He's a such a character... Very glad he's on our side though; or, well, Jerome's anyway." She couldn't imagine Jerome ever being 'not on their side' though, so she supposed the comment still held up fine.

"Uhuh, exactly! Or they end up with a less robust physiology, or oddly mutated..." She thought back to the mutant Carbink that had been created during their many attempts at synthesizing them, and Diancie; they might be forever consigned to the labs, but at least they were nutritionally well cared for as research subjects.

"Oh, that makes sense," Tambrey nodded "and I'd definitely like to read that... Imagine if we could find some record, or some fossil, of that evolutionary ancestor? Hm. Perhaps it would be an interesting idea to feed the profiles of as many of them into the analytic system as possible and see if we could pinpoint what stays consistent as a base genome... That would be a lot of work, but fun..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm
"And depending on the mutation need special care," Lex replied and grinned, happy to talk nerd to someone who was interested. "I'll make sure you get a copy and I would like to read about about your work in optimizing growth matrix formulas... if I could?"

"And that does sound to be a lot of fun, trying to find a base genome." Lex murmured, thinking over the paper. "It would give the paper more weight to it." He hadn't had the equipment to do such a thing before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:51 pm
Tambrey considered it and was pleased to note that the subject was definitely not classified or restricted at a grunt level; after all, a lot of the 'grunt work' (heh) was done by grunts in putting together ingredients and manufacturing the correct mixes, plus the general inventories of assets and standing cloning lines meant they came into contact with nutrient levels and such as notable information.

"Thanks! And, certainly. Um. We tend to keep a lot digital; it's easier to send tablet to tablet or 'dex to 'dex while we work in the lab. Is it alright to send you a digital copy? Um, I can get something printed out if you'd rather but that will probably come with a destruction order after reading..." She grinned sheepishly; it might not be classified to grunts but it still couldn't exist in a physical form beyond the labs that might be stolen or taken off base for very long. Electronic copies, of course, were subject to Rocket's virtual security protocols; a much safer option from the team's point of view.

"Maybe you could put in a request for access to a sequencer from time to time? Um, it'd have to be your own time, and you might want to talk to tech to access some processing power for a less, um, tedious analysis... But still. A neat project."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:01 pm
"Electronic is fine..." Lex replied, giving a light smile. "I used to have an electronic copy of my papers but the hard drive got destroyed. Got some notes left." And memory, he had been proud of that paper and he could type it out better then it was before.

"I'll have to see about that... got to get down there first and see if they'll even consider it." He got to type out that paper. He hummed slightly and yawned, pulling out his dex to type up notes. "Want to have some things to keep me busy while my leg is healing."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:15 pm
"Destroyed?" Tambrey raised her eyebrows curiously "How did that happen? Well... I'll send it along when I get back to a tablet in the labs. I'd think they'd consider it if you just showed an interest and showed them your background and, uh, well, mention the stuff you can do. Cloning and pigmentation work is what brings in a lot of revenue after all; always people wanting something new and, um, unique out there... Working at orders and proving you can do well at them, plus putting your own time into various projects tends to work out best with a view to promotion and more creative freedom. Um, I guess that's probably true in all areas really, but it's definitely a factor in the science department..."
She noted the yawn.
"Getting tired? Um, we can stop here if you want and you can let out your Omanyte on another occasion if you need to rest... Or you could meet them now to make sure they're not going to cause havoc and keep them out while you go back to med'. They're not really an incredibly unreasonably sized pokémon for, um, the base. Just behaviour to watch really..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:19 am
"Sort of downloaded everything on external drive and chucked my laptop and well, external drives don't travel well in the bottom of your backpack." Specially when it was in there for a year and a half and ehh, he could rewrite it better before giving it to Tam.

"Probably should let him.. her out," He replied, looking over the pokeball before letting out the capture critter. Lex caught a glimpse of tentacles and huge eyes and with a whoomp and clatter, the pokemon disappeared into it's shell.

"That was adorable."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 pm
"Ah. Well. Um. The data's probably still in there. From what I understand, those things are more robust than we usually tend to think? You could see if someone in tech wants a data recovery project?" Tambrey suggested then watched as the Omanyte appeared and then immediately retreated into its shell.

"Aw. That was. Um, it is... Give it a scan, see if you have a he or a she there?"

<> Lasi noted with a little mirth.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:25 pm
"Might be, I'll check with them." He scanned the shell with his dex, watching the spiral tremble slightly as if the Omanyte was debating on revealing itself. "He, hey, little guy." He said smiling slightly as he looked at the screen.

<> The amaura questioned, trotting over to sniff at the shell and lightly poked it with a foot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:01 pm
<> Lasi replied. <>

"Little guy? Aw. Well, hopefully he warms up to everything, but no rush, right? He's a cutie. Any ideas on what you're going to call him?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:06 pm
"Thinking Strongarm for the Amaura and maybe Nautilator for him." He was a nerd and he wasn't afraid to cheerfully broadcast it. "Defently not a good flotation device."

"Strongarm, hun, don't poke your teammate. He might bite you." Lex called watching a tendril uncurl and poke back.

<> She muttered, moving towards her human, tasting the name in thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 pm
"Aha.. 'Former fan?" Tambrey queried, with a head tilt.

"Mmhm. More of a submarine sort of beast... Handy if you, um, want a scuba buddy though."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 pm
"Horribly, all my darlings are nicknamed from the franchise." Lex reached out and gently stroked over Strongarm's nose. "I'm going to have to show you who I nicknamed you over, she is strong, and has a lot of determination." He smiled.

"Never scuba... and the eye," He shrugged motioning to that half of his face. "Might loose it in the pressure of the water." Lex looked over the shell, smiling as a few tentacles slowly inched out.

"Should we meet again? Next week sometime?" He questioned.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff