Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[Fin] The customer is always right! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Gummy continued to leak water between his jaws.

"Oh! Pecan! And vanilla and chocolate!" Henrietta answered with a big grin.
"Naah! Mark's his stage name! Oh! Is Gary /your/ stage name?! What's your real name?! Is it cooler than 'Gary'?! I bet it's something neat like 'Blue' or 'Richie', right?!" She wasn't trying to imply Gary -wasn't- a cool name... but she clearly hadn't given much thought to how she was wording things, and still wasn't.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:50 am
Gary gave an amiable little laugh and shook his head. "Gary's my real name, my stage name is Prometheus."

Taavi couldn't imagine calling himself Prometheus, or anything like it. "Um, Gary's the lead in a band," he supplied helpfully to Hen with a smile to Gary.

"Yeah, The Hellenes," Gary nodded with a small smile. "We've got a gig on Saturday downtown, you guys should come. Right through, let me go get your dessert. Anything else?"

"Ah... Could I get a coffee?" Taavi asked, he didn't want to just sit around like an idiot. Saturday night, downtown... Where downtown? Maybe he could ask later.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:59 am
"Oh man! That's an awesome stage name! Are you a fire type trainer?!"

Henrietta's eyes widened as she learned Gary was in a band.
"So cool! Yeah! We should totally go!" Unlike Taavi, Henrietta wasn't shy about asking straight out, though in a rather unconventional manner.
"The whole of downtown?! That's so big!" She shook her head, not wanting anything else, though.
"We just want the desserts, thanks! We still got our drinks!" She indicated the pokémon.
The two Eevees were beginning to take an interest in the server, while Gummy had finally stopped dribbling.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:29 pm
"Sure am," Gary replied with another smile and nod, "understand them too. The place's called The Warehouse, because it's a big old warehouse converted into a venue. Original right? Oh, here," he reached into his apron pocket and pulled out a flyer, which he passed to Taavi. "Boss doesn't like me promoting to customers but I'm sure it's fine to give this to you Ma- Taavi. I'll go get your desserts and that coffee now, okay?"

Taavi watched Gary go before turning to Hen with a big smile. "So you want to go? It sounds like fun!" Gary wanted him to come to his gig! Heee! Awesome!

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm
Henrietta gasped and grinned "Me too!" She interjected, upon learning that Gary could understand fire types.
She made grinned still when Gary left before nodding energetically.

"Totally! Yeah! Gummy too! Gummy loves rock! He gets some excited about it! Man! All of mine would totally love it! It sounds awesome!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm
"Great!" Taavi beamed. "We'll go then!" Oh no, what was he going to wear? What was he going to do with his hair? He didn't have a whole lot of clothes, or any money to spend!... Maybe he could pick something up at a thrift store that would fit in okay at the show? And he had his old Ranger uniform, he could do something with that maybe? Okay, he had options, it would be fine.

"Um, it says doors open at seven," he continued, peering down at the rather nicely designed flyer. "They're the middle, um, act? Is act the right word? Uh.... Set? They're the middle of three. Before them there's Punkkaboo Paradise, and after there's a group called Nightshade."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 pm
"Cooool! I can't wait! It'll be awesome! I dunno!" She shrugged easily, not really knowing if 'act' or 'set' or anything else was the right word, and she didn't really mind. "Those both sound pretty cool though!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:49 pm
"Right?" Taavi nodded. "Um, I've never really been to a gig before. Have you?" What happened? Other than music of course. He guessed he was going to find out but he'd feel a little less apprehensive if he knew somebody who'd been to one before was going along with him.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm
"Yeah! It's awesome! You stand up and watch the bands and dance and you can get drinks and stuff!" Non-alcoholic for Henrietta, of course; though that was as much choice as the law; she was always excited and happy, why would she need booze to have fun? Besides pop and juice and sugary drinks like that tasted way better!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:56 pm
"Well that sounds good!" Taavi replied, quietly wondering what sort of drinks Hen meant. He wasn't twenty-one yet but... well, everyone did it. So long as you didn't get yourself thrown out of somewhere it wasn't a bit deal probably though he'd see if he could feel out Hen's opinions before making any decisions. "Oh! Um, here comes Gary." Or Prometheus!

"Here we go, desserts and a coffee." Gary set them down before the appropriate people and smiled, brushing the long part of his hair out of his face. "So can I count on seeing you both there Saturday?"

"Yes, I'll be there!" Taavi nodded enthusiastically. "I'm, um, working earlier in the day but I get off after the lunch rush.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:04 pm
"Thanks!" Henrietta beamed "Yeah, totally! I don't have a job! I'm a trainer! But I gotta do some battling and stuff! But that won't take /all day/! And it sounds totally cool! It's gonna be awesome!"

Gummy had stopped dribbling, but hadn't made a move since. He gave one slow, mis-matched, blink.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:42 pm
"Ha, sounds like you're living the dream there. Great, I'll be back round in a bit in case you need anything else; enjoy your dessert." As he turned to go again Gary's gaze caught briefly on Gummy but if he thought anything of the totodile he didn't show it.

Taavi wrapped his hands around his coffee cup, and then unwrapped them again because it was pretty hot and he was already quite warm enough from running around and in and out of the kitchen all day. "Um, so, where do you want to meet on Saturday? We can meet there, or somewhere else before and go together?" It would still be daylight so probably safe enough, he'd have to think about getting home after though or rather Hen getting home. Having a giant predatory bird for a best friend made most trips home pretty safe.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 pm
"Yeah!" Henrietta agreed because, of course, she really -was-. She'd dreamed of being a trainer since she was small and now she -was- a full time trainer.
"Oh! We should totally meet before! If we've got enough time we could do some of the thing where I show you around! And you could see some battles too! And then we could head to the gig after!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:53 pm
"Oh, that sounds good!" Taavi agreed quickly with a few quick nods. "Um, so I'll finish up at work and then go back to the apartment to change, and meet you somewhere? That'd be about three I guess if that works for you?" Saturday sounded like it was going to be a good day! Maybe a bit expensive but you had to have fun sometimes right? And maybe he'd have some better tip days in the interim.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:11 pm
"Three is cool! Should I find your apartment?! Or do you know somewhere good to meet?" Henrietta inquired, as she, and her pokémon, began to dig into the desserts.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff