Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
{Fin]Your training style is what? [Lex & Clancy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:49 pm
"There are eighteen of the buggers?!" Clancy, clearly, didn't know all that much.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:14 pm
"... Yes, yes there are. Which types do you know about?" Lex questioned, trying not to face palm. Why, why did he not known about basic things?  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:43 pm
"... Uh. Let's see... Got me water, dark, 'leccy, Ground or summat... And me monster's gonna be dark but ain't the 'type', 't says..." Clancy mused. "I know 'bout dragons, grass, fire... Rocks and them fairy buggers... There's them toxic buggers too... And the punchy lot... Birds... Uh. Metal! We were just talkin' 'bout them blighters..." He was struggling now "Goo.. type?" He ventured, recalling seeing a 'ditto' once.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:50 pm
"Water, Dark, Electricity, and Ground are types, So are Dragon, Grass, Fire, Rock, and Fairy." Lex nodded.

"Poison, Fighting, Flying, and Steel are the actual names." Actually better then he expected. "There are also Ice, Normal, Psychic, Bug and Ghost."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm
"Ice? Ain't no ice; that's just bloody frozen water- ya gotta be 'avin' me on 'bout that... Mircalla can do Ice Fang f'r 'eck's sake..." Clancy grumbled and then tilted his head skeptically.
"Ghost is a whole flamin' type? Thought it was just 'cuz the buggers were dead or summat... And what the bloody 'ell is 'normal'? Ain't nuffin' flamin' 'normal' about any o' the bloody things if ya ask me..."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 pm
"Ice is indeed a type and most pokemon have moves that cross over into other types. Ice pokemon tend to be able to chill their bodies and prefer to live in snowy environments." He tapped his fingers in thought.

"Normal type are pokemon like Rattata and Ditto. There moves tend to be heavily physical. It rather hard to describe them as a group because their are a lot of them and they vary."

"Now ghosts is a type. They are immune to normal and fighting and many are also immune to ground type moves because they levitate." Lex felt like he was making a hash of it, but it wasn't truly easy to go this is a type.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:29 am
Out of everything Clancy /might/ have learned or taken from Lex was trying to teach him, his brain settled on one particular question that -to Clancy- seemed like it was the most important of all...

"Can we melt 'em, them ice buggers, t' get more water types?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:53 pm
"No, melting an ice pokemon what ones that can be melted, often leads to damage to their bodies, not a water type. That is like saying freezing Mircalla would make her an Ice/Dark type instead of a Water type." Lex groaned slightly. "So, no. except for very few pokemon, you can't change their typing by freezing, melting, or burning them."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:19 pm
"Nah! Mircalla's a bloody fish, she ain't made o' water! Freezin' 'er just makes 'er bloody cold and pretty un'appy." He had, in fact, experienced a frozen Mircalla... what pokémon had that been? He couldn't remember... Some kind of bizarre Christmas Tree...

"Oho! Y' said 'very few'! That means there are some o' the buggers y' can then!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:36 pm
"Not by melting or freezing them. Castform is a good example but it was a man made pokemon, its type changes by the weather conditions." Lex said, rubbing his nose. "C, a, s, t, f, o, r, m. The rest of them can change typing because of abilities."

Lex frowned. "You do know what Abilities are?" he asked, hopeful.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:11 am
"Manmade? Like a bloody robot? Oh! Like that bloody Poddlygun thing!" Clancy seemed to have a revelation, but it was quickly gone, overshadowed by a slight look of confusion.
"Eh? Y' mean like their moves, right?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:32 pm
"No Abilities are not their moves. Spins, my Ariados ability is Insomnia so moves that cause a Pokemon to fall asleep don't work on him. Sunny has Unnerve so his components can't use berries. Sideways has Flash Fire so he is immune to Fire Type moves and if hit with one his attack power increases for when he uses Fire Type moves," Lex explained carefully.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:37 pm
Something in Clancy's brain seemed to click in familiarity.

"Oh, oh! Like me Mircalla, bless 'er fishy 'eart, 'as really rough skin. So rough that it bloody 'urts just t' try and pet 'er, or 'urts the other pokémon when she's fightin'!" He seemed a little excited "'S that 'er ability doodad?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:21 pm
"Yes, Carvanha ability is rough skin," Lex said surprised but pleased. "That is her ability. I'm not sure of your other pokemon since they can vary but your 'Dex should be able to tell you."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 am
Clancy seemed rather pleased, almost smug, that he'd made a connection like that; of course, it might just have been that he'd made it regarding that /particular/ pokémon; Mircalla was, of course, rather special to him compared to his others.

"I 'ope them, some of 'em at least, have some bloody rough skin too; it's a damned bloody good one!" Well, in Clancy's biased opinion, anyway.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff