Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Note

Back to Guilds

The Note: The Best Role Play Guild 

Tags: Role Play, Forums, Elite, Literate, Creative 

Reply 44.)
Formal Introductions (Please tell us who you are!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KeJoRo

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 am
Sanaos
KeJoRo

Welcome!

I used to do a lot of tabletop myself, miss it still haha. Anyway yeah, welcome! I play Tarak Garodar on here, he's a half-orc mercenary, and currently in the Skaglands. mrgreen

Thanks for the welcome smile

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I like making the world and characters as a DM, but prefer being a player, it's less stressful haha. My current DM has ADDD (attention deficit DM disorder) unfortunately, so we change campaigns regularly. Two of the campaigns stopped right in the middle of a cliffhanger as well stare

I have a few ideas for Ark Verse Zero which I posted in the chat forum, but I'm not sure which I like more.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 am
KeJoRo

mrgreen

I've actually never taken on the role of DM, I greatly preferred to play haha. Oof, that's a bit rough. I played the same campaign my entire senior year of high school, only to get eaten by a giant squid that only grabbed me xD

Yeah I saw that =o Honestly all your ideas seem pretty legit, I pretty much went with my first idea and am now second guessing myself lol  

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25

Robin of Hood

6,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm
narxfang
Salacious Selencya
Primae Pandora
Salacious Selencya
Primae Pandora
Salacious Selencya
Hello there! Names actually Beth, but you can call me Selencya, Sel, or pita.
I just turned 24 in December, and I live smack dab in the middle of the Mojave desert. "Middle of nowhere, center of everything", it only takes about 4 hours to get anywhere cool, no matter which direction you set off in.
I've recently started getting into digital art but I suck like a kid with a pacifier. I read a lot too, though.
I'm a barista, and oh holy hell do I love coffee. I can tell you ANYTHING you need to know about coffee. Different kinds, roasts, brews, flavors, combos, you name it, I know it. It's truly a passion.
My posts are often going to be just plain, because I post from my tablet sometimes, and it's a pain to do formats on it. I have too many OCs lol.

Something random. Hmm. I'm the only child, oldest child, and a middle child. Fact. Lol.

Hello!
I love coffee. I love the flavor of it-- mostly I love how it keeps me awake but I don't know the first thing about roasts or brews or what not. Student life. TEACH ME! Pretty please?
Oh gosh, but seriously, I can go on for hours. Did you know goats found coffee? Or that there's two different types of bean, based on altitude? Or that blonde has more caffeine?

Goats? My, you really are packed with fun facts. Blonde? Is that a fancy roast? I'm sorry, I'm from tiny little Estonia, I don't think I've actually seen anything like that around here.

Yep, yep, yep! Goats! A farmer notice his goats acting all crazy like, after they ate these weird cherry looking things. So he picked some and experimented, and thus coffee was born. Even the skin of the coffee bean can be used (but more as a laxative, not really for its caffeine content.)
Blonde is a style of roast, actually. It's not roasted as long, so it keeps most of the caffeine, but lacks a little in flavor. It's a trade-off. More caffeine, less flavor.
I WILL bore you with coffee knowledge of you let me. Lol

I just read this...and thought, "Damn this is the wrong part of a convo to walk in on." Goat poop experimentation!?

I love coffee and happy easter everyone!!! Christ and bunny  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 am
Sanaos
KeJoRo

mrgreen

I've actually never taken on the role of DM, I greatly preferred to play haha. Oof, that's a bit rough. I played the same campaign my entire senior year of high school, only to get eaten by a giant squid that only grabbed me xD

Yeah I saw that =o Honestly all your ideas seem pretty legit, I pretty much went with my first idea and am now second guessing myself lol

My first time DMing I accidentally did what happened to you, though on a smaller time frame. We played for about a month and got to the boss of the story arc. It was D20 Modern, using the Shadow Chasers set (basically, it's inspired by shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so it's modern day with magic, but most people aren't aware of it). The boss was a black dragon who had taken on human form and became the head of the Triads. What I planned was for a difficult fight with his human form which then ended with a cutscene-type-scenario in which he transforms into his dragon form and escapes. What actually happened is he rolled a natural 20 on initiative and went first. He attacked the closest character to him with his handgun and rolled another natural 20 and confirmed the critical. I was rolling in front of everyone so there was no chance of saying "Yeah, he, uh, rolls a 15". I tried to defuse the tense situation by pointing out he could still roll low on damage. He didn't. He rolled maximum damage. Since they were still level 1, that took the poor guy's character to -8 HP. He was fine with it though since we were still level 1 and everyone took it as a sign the boss was not playing around and was legitimately dangerous. I tend to roll behind a screen now haha.

My biggest problem is I absolutely love creating characters, so I tend to make more than I could feasibly play, but never know which one to choose. It's like being a kid and told you can only bring one toy haha. Thanks though smile  

KeJoRo

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 am
KeJoRo

hahaha oh wow xD Hell of a way to start! It sounds as if rolling behind a screen can be beneficial, the boss being all maxed out sounds like my sort of luck rofl

Me too! xD Character creation is my big thing, I love making them. Its definitely tough to just choose one.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:36 am
Sanaos
KeJoRo

hahaha oh wow xD Hell of a way to start! It sounds as if rolling behind a screen can be beneficial, the boss being all maxed out sounds like my sort of luck rofl

Me too! xD Character creation is my big thing, I love making them. Its definitely tough to just choose one.

Haha yeah. I looked at the guy when it happened and he was quite obviously annoyed about it, but just quietly said he'll try to make his stabilising saving throws. They didn't happen. After the session he had a bit of time to think and calmed down over it and said it was a pretty cool session even if he had to make a new character, so it all worked out. Yeah, I thought honest rolls would make for a better DM, but there's definitely upsides to just making up what a roll was. I read an article which recommended making random rolls for no reason behind a screen and just looking at it and nodding without saying anything, just to keep players on edge. I've always been tempted to do that, but think it's a bit mean razz

I have about four or five Pathfinder characters waiting in stock for a day that will never come razz  

KeJoRo

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:29 pm
KeJoRo

Oh man. I feel him there though! But at least you weren't most of the way through the campaign! Being low level and making a new one is easier than being almost done and high level and dying xD Yeah, those screens can be game savers quite literally! I had a DM that would do that and I was always wondering what evil he was plotting behind that screen of his rofl

haha, sweet =) I don't even know where any of my DnD stuff is anymore, haven't done it in so long.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm
Sanaos
KeJoRo

Oh man. I feel him there though! But at least you weren't most of the way through the campaign! Being low level and making a new one is easier than being almost done and high level and dying xD Yeah, those screens can be game savers quite literally! I had a DM that would do that and I was always wondering what evil he was plotting behind that screen of his rofl

haha, sweet =) I don't even know where any of my DnD stuff is anymore, haven't done it in so long.

Totally. I felt pretty bad about it, but like I said, it all worked out in the end. Plus, they took all villains seriously from then on so bonus I guess blaugh

Shame, it really is fun. I meet up every other week with my gaming group, but it is hard finding time for it. Sometimes we have to miss a session due to real life catching up with people.  

KeJoRo

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sanaos

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,550 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 am
KeJoRo

Yep, that's not a bad thing haha.

It is. Wish I knew anyone in my area but, not originally from NY and don't much plan to stay here long so perhaps once I get resettled I can figure out if anyone gets together for it anymore =P  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 am
Hello there! Thank you for accepting my request to join the Guild!

I have been on Gaia for a veeeeeery long time, but recently just took a big break to focus on studies and other things, almost three years! I am really excited to get back into the swing of things, and am happy to meet you all!

My real name is Lauren, not a big fan of the name though! I'm a female and live in the bonnie lands of Scotland! I am a school teacher and basically spend my days teaching children to count to 10, its great!

In my free time I love to play video games, go for runs and... that's about it xD

Something random about me? I am currently training in my spare time to be a Behavioural psychologist for children, in the hope that I can one day read their minds, confusing wee things!

xLulie

Guardian of Agape

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm
xLulie

I have been on Gaia for a veeeeeery long time, but recently just took a big break to focus on studies and other things, almost three years! I am really excited to get back into the swing of things, and am happy to meet you all!

My real name is Lauren, not a big fan of the name though! I'm a female and live in the bonnie lands of Scotland! I am a school teacher and basically spend my days teaching children to count to 10, its great!

In my free time I love to play video games, go for runs and... that's about it xD

Something random about me? I am currently training in my spare time to be a Behavioural psychologist for children, in the hope that I can one day read their minds, confusing wee things!

Awww. That's so cute!!! It must be hard to become a behavioral psychologist and a teacher--so many kids all the time! I look forward to role playing with you smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:19 pm
Hi! My name is Sam, or you could just call me Agape. I'm almost 23 years old and I live in New Jersey. I'm currently attending college in Philadelphia though, and I study Art History. In my spare time (when I have some) I like to play video games, read, and play lacrosse as well as writing and visiting museums. I've just returned to Gaia from a very long hiatus as well, but always loved the RP guilds, so I wanted to come back for that. I'm more than happy to accept friend requests as well, so please don't hesitate. Oh! And I'm female and a lesbian, but I have a wonderful girlfriend who forgot her Gaia account and is now playing her old Neopets account instead rofl Anyway, I am really looking forward to role playing with all of you!!  

Guardian of Agape

Devoted Friend

Primae Pandora

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:11 am
Guardian of Agape
Hi! My name is Sam, or you could just call me Agape. I'm almost 23 years old and I live in New Jersey. I'm currently attending college in Philadelphia though, and I study Art History. In my spare time (when I have some) I like to play video games, read, and play lacrosse as well as writing and visiting museums. I've just returned to Gaia from a very long hiatus as well, but always loved the RP guilds, so I wanted to come back for that. I'm more than happy to accept friend requests as well, so please don't hesitate. Oh! And I'm female and a lesbian, but I have a wonderful girlfriend who forgot her Gaia account and is now playing her old Neopets account instead rofl Anyway, I am really looking forward to role playing with all of you!!

Oh. My. God. A real person who plays lacrosse. WHAT IS THAT NONSENSE ALL ABOUT? Puh-lease, educate me!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 am
xLulie

I admire you for your patience to want to deal with kids. It is impressive. Great to meet you! I'm Prima, or well-- Karin, whichever works best for you, aaand I am around to try and answer any and all questions regarding this place here.

How is Scotland, by the way? It's always pictured all flat and foggy around here, with a ton of sheep. I'm curious.  

Primae Pandora

High-functioning Lunatic

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am
xLulie

DO YOU HAVE AN AWESOME SCOTT ACCENT!?!?

Ancestrally, I am Scottish. My ancestors came here from Scotland in the 1630's. Pure American after that you could say. I kinda have a soft place for Scotland though. I want to visit my ancestral homeland someday!  
44.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff