Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
🦑|| Ika-shokuji [Residence][+] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:33 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        chakra 2000/2000   stamina 1600/1600   ranks )

• Kameyo nodded at Taketori's decision. "Please give us one of everything you consider your specialty, please!" Kameyo grinned warmly. When the chef turned away, she turned to her trusted friend. "Oh, I gotta show you something really neat!" She closed her eyes and focused on the connection she felt to the deep abyss, the darkest depths of the sea, where her fish contract tied her to by blood.

She opened her eyes as her sage mode awoke, her eyes seeming to almost bulge, her skin greying and gaining a different texture, and slight gills appearing at her neck. "I went to the summoning lands last week and signed with the fish. Then, The Don taught me how to access this - it's the fish sage mode!" She closed her eyes again, focusing on the world around them, drawing energy from the sky and the breeze that brought hints of seasoned meat to her nose and the ground that children were running on. "Isn't it cool?"

ooc:
        100/500 natural chakra
        ZephyrsBlade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:13 pm
    User ImageUser Image
                                                User Image
                                              • tab
                                                "Oho, impressive indeed!" Taketori said emphatically, awed but not surprised at the progress Kameyo had made. Achieving Sage Mode was not a feat anyone could do, especially when governed by the various tribes of fauna. Her skin color and growth of gills did suggest a communion with those of the Deep.

"Let us reflect, then. I would hear the teachings of this Don." Taketori invited her to share. From his previous experience, he knew the regional bosses could be quite opinionated. Of course he hadn't interacted with the Fish tribe. How did their non-mammalian nature, their inherent differences to humans, reflect in their philosophy, he wondered as the first plates of appetizers began to arrive at their large table. Some sort of meat on skewers and two varieties of soup. Taking off his mask to eat, Taketori revealed his human face, appearing almost emotionally stiff from lack of use. It was ironic, he was more comfortable with the foreign eyeball implanted in the center of his chest than he was with the muscles of his face for smiling or frowning.

ooc:

Byakugan Implant: [ Inactive, Hidden ]
                                                Current Armor: [ Unarmored ]
                                                Activated Techniques: [ N/A ]

• [ Chakra ] --- [ 1635 | 1635 ] tab • [ Stamina ] --- [ 1745 | 1745 ] tab
                                                • [ AC ] --- 100,000 tab • [ Ryo ] --- 28,400

• Strength ► 12 [ Passive, MAXED ] + 0 [ Active ]
                                                • Speed ► 12 [ Passive, MAXED ] + 0 [ Active ]
                                                • Reflex ► 12 [ Passive, MAXED ] + 0 [ Active ]
                                                • Fortitude ► 12 [ Passive, MAXED ] + 0 [ Active ]
                                                [ Passives ]

• Chakra cost for complex and spiritual bukijutsu techniques reduced by five. [Shigure Souen]
                                                •Once every three posts, the user is able to defend against an offensive activation without utilizing an activation. This skill requires no chakra or activation. [Shigure Souen]
                                                •The user will practice extending themselves into the atmosphere, in a sense. After much dedication, the user develops the ability to sense hostile intent within the topic they are in. Those of Sensory Class are able to detect the specific source and the extent of the hostility. [Shigure Souen]

• The user's tireless training with the Shield as a part of their everyday combat kit has taught them to effortlessly direct the force of an opponent's strike so that any of their added descriptive strength being used when interacting with a shield is nullified. [Arcane Knight]
                                                • The user has mastered their chakra during combat. This focus and chakra control allows the user to deflect ninjutsu with complex formless or shield techniques equal to the rank of the ninjutsu. [Arcane Knight]
                                                • All shield defenses of the user are considered one rank higher when interacting with simple offensive techniques. [Arcane Knight]

• The user practices their art by moving across a shifting surface--such as sand or mud--with their armor. Following the completion of this training, the user becomes significantly harder to topple while armored; all incoming techniques that would move the user are treated as one rank lower in strength when determining of how far the user is moved, and the user can no longer be toppled by techniques lower in rank than their armor. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • The user studies and acquaints themselves with the many different types of defensive armaments, from shields to armor to defensive items like the forehead protectors that Shinobi Villages use. In the process, they become able to apply any armor techniques to protective armaments and vice-versa. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • For interacting with physical techniques, light armor is treated as granting C-Rank defense, medium armor B-Rank defense, and heavy armor A-Rank defense. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • While wearing armor, the user is capable of using all Taijutsu techniques they know as normal. However, any techniques involving or related to the Soft Physical Formless Style have their effects reduced by one rank if the user is wearing medium armor or two ranks if the user is wearing heavy armor. [Kishitou Yoroi]

• This training focuses on using movement when you attack, carrying that much more force. After this skill is trained, any attack that follows a dodge is treated as a counterattack, and the user's total bonus to reflex can instead be attributed to the strength of the attack, up to your rank of soft or hard physical formless training (E = slight, D = Mild etc.) Particularly useful on some skills in this style, but applicable to any taijutsu or even bukijutsu attack that follows directly after a dodge within reason. [Be Water My Friends]
                                                • So far the dodging has been mostly about steps and alrge movements, but the ocean can be subtle, just as it can be conspicuous. With this, you are capable of better timing your movements while also narrowing the range of motion necessary. Now instead of a step, you can achieve similarly jarring dodges with a simple duck, bob or weave, which puts you in a better position to respond to attacks in some situations, against certain types of fighters. It got its name because the sweat of an opponent should still be able to hit you from how close you are to the attack. [Be Water My Friends]
                                                • After this training, when an opponent launches an attack that you can dodge successfully, you can instead strike out at their limbs with one of your own. This transforms the attack into a complex one if simple, or spiritual if complex when interacting with their attack to give you the upperhand. [Be Water My Friends]

• The Soft Physical Formless Style’s strength is increased by one rank if used for movement, up to the maximum trained Stage of this style. [Kyuuten no Kumori]

• After-images repeat the user’s actions exactly as they occurred without variation unless otherwise specified. Techniques that are not Taijutsu or Bukijutsu are not usable with After-images, though the motions will still be mimicked. [Kyouzou]
                                                • Unless otherwise specified, the techniques in this Style do not have an inherent strength above E-Rank. It is intended to be used in conjunction with other Styles and the Formless Styles. If used as such, the stamina costs for Complex techniques in this Style are halved, unless otherwise specified. [Kyouzou]
                                                • If used in conjunction with another Taijutsu or Bukijutsu technique, the techniques of this Style do not consume an activation, unless otherwise specified. [Kyouzou]
                                                • Attacks by after-images do not affect the user. [Kyouzou]

•The user takes a knife, whittling away at an arrow to create weaknesses in it's design. Doing so allows the user to create shrapnel arrows. These arrows cost nothing additional during a technique to be used with them however upon contact they explode and send wooden and metal shrapnel into anything within five feet of it's location. This technique may be used outside of combat to create arrows for later use. Converts arrows at a 1 to 1 ratio. [Kyoukan Ya]
                                                • The user's lengthy use of the bow has taught them to seamlessly fire an additional arrow for each arrow they would fire normally for a technique so long as they have the reserves to do so. [Kyoukan Ya]

• A well trained individual is usually faster than an untrained individual, and the practitioners of the Iron Fist understand this fact more than anyone. However, those of the Iron fist not only accomplish this boost of speed….they also do it in armor! The user is now unaffected by the additional weight of armor (to a logical limit), and when the user is out of armor, their body and technique speed is greatly increased at the loss of the protection. They are much more adept at bursting into action, going from standing to 100% in single moments. Conversely, the user can now perform these techniques without needing armor. Must relearn every technique at half the learning cost to perform techniques without armor to learn the different distances and timing of the techniques. Overrides restriction. [King of the Iron Fist]

necroplant

time and timor

ZephyrsBlade

Business Businessman

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm
User Image

• Kameyo flushed at Taketori's praise, pleased with his enjoyment of her new skills. "It was really interesting, actually, because you would expect the master of the deep abyss to have some grand wisdom, but when I was before him and asking to become a sage, all he said was to listen to the ocean. And it worked. I started to attune myself with the sounds of the ocean, the movement of it, the way it speaks to me and everything in it. I picked up on the natural energy of the abyss - much like I pick up on chakra signatures, but also completely different, too - and I was suddenly absorbing that natural energy."

Kameyo's eyes were bright with awe as she relieved the adventure. Her stomach growled immediately before the food was dropped in front of them, so she stopped whatever explanation she wanted to add and started to dig in. She spared only a glance Taketori's way - out of respect and to not make him feel uncomfortable, though she thought his face was welcoming to look at.

"It's mostly just meditation and accepting the world," she summarized belatedly. "I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult for you to learn, but you would need to visit the summon lands and claim a pact first, unless you wished to sign mine." She spoke her offer neutrally, not wanting to influence him one way or the other as she was unsure of his plans.

ooc:
        200/500 natural chakra
        ZephyrsBlade
        may not be able to post until late tmrw depending. gonna be visiting my grandparents c:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 pm
    User ImageUser Image
                                                User Image
                                              • tab
                                                "Yes, I do plan on returning and seeking a contract. The Bears and my tribal elders both independently came to a decision to withdraw from the eyes of this world, for now." He replied, reflecting back on the annulment of his contract. With the entire bowl in the palm of his left hand, he sloshed some soup around before drinking it in one go. While piping hot, such heat was more pleasant than painful for the fire-and-lightning elemental user. It was astutely seasoned, rich enough in flavor yet not so heavy as to erase the presence of the different varieties of fish and clams that had gone into the base.

"I do not see a place for me among the dwellers of the deep." He responded to her offer. With a quick snap of his fingers, a small spark of flame ignited near the tip before vanishing. "My duality is fire and lightning. Smothered, dispersed by the wide ocean. It is my place to make contract with the forest-dwellers. See, it is a spark that ignites the flames. A natural part of the cycle, the flames clear away the decay and allow new life to take hold. There is a rambunctious set of Summons I will hold dialogue with."

"Perhaps some insight into their famed mischief is what I require." He remarked wryly, an awkward little tug at the corners of his mouth belied a self-deprecating attempt at a grin.
                                                ooc:

• [ Chakra ] --- [ 1330 | 1335 ] tab • [ Stamina ] --- [ 1445 | 1445 ] tab
                                                1635 | 1745
                                                [ Passives ]

• Chakra cost for complex and spiritual bukijutsu techniques reduced by five. [Shigure Souen]
                                                •Once every three posts, the user is able to defend against an offensive activation without utilizing an activation. This skill requires no chakra or activation. [Shigure Souen]
                                                •The user will practice extending themselves into the atmosphere, in a sense. After much dedication, the user develops the ability to sense hostile intent within the topic they are in. Those of Sensory Class are able to detect the specific source and the extent of the hostility. [Shigure Souen]

• The user's tireless training with the Shield as a part of their everyday combat kit has taught them to effortlessly direct the force of an opponent's strike so that any of their added descriptive strength being used when interacting with a shield is nullified. [Arcane Knight]
                                                • The user has mastered their chakra during combat. This focus and chakra control allows the user to deflect ninjutsu with complex formless or shield techniques equal to the rank of the ninjutsu. [Arcane Knight]
                                                • All shield defenses of the user are considered one rank higher when interacting with simple offensive techniques. [Arcane Knight]

• The user practices their art by moving across a shifting surface--such as sand or mud--with their armor. Following the completion of this training, the user becomes significantly harder to topple while armored; all incoming techniques that would move the user are treated as one rank lower in strength when determining of how far the user is moved, and the user can no longer be toppled by techniques lower in rank than their armor. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • The user studies and acquaints themselves with the many different types of defensive armaments, from shields to armor to defensive items like the forehead protectors that Shinobi Villages use. In the process, they become able to apply any armor techniques to protective armaments and vice-versa. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • For interacting with physical techniques, light armor is treated as granting C-Rank defense, medium armor B-Rank defense, and heavy armor A-Rank defense. [Kishitou Yoroi]
                                                • While wearing armor, the user is capable of using all Taijutsu techniques they know as normal. However, any techniques involving or related to the Soft Physical Formless Style have their effects reduced by one rank if the user is wearing medium armor or two ranks if the user is wearing heavy armor. [Kishitou Yoroi]

• This training focuses on using movement when you attack, carrying that much more force. After this skill is trained, any attack that follows a dodge is treated as a counterattack, and the user's total bonus to reflex can instead be attributed to the strength of the attack, up to your rank of soft or hard physical formless training (E = slight, D = Mild etc.) Particularly useful on some skills in this style, but applicable to any taijutsu or even bukijutsu attack that follows directly after a dodge within reason. [Be Water My Friends]
                                                • So far the dodging has been mostly about steps and alrge movements, but the ocean can be subtle, just as it can be conspicuous. With this, you are capable of better timing your movements while also narrowing the range of motion necessary. Now instead of a step, you can achieve similarly jarring dodges with a simple duck, bob or weave, which puts you in a better position to respond to attacks in some situations, against certain types of fighters. It got its name because the sweat of an opponent should still be able to hit you from how close you are to the attack. [Be Water My Friends]
                                                • After this training, when an opponent launches an attack that you can dodge successfully, you can instead strike out at their limbs with one of your own. This transforms the attack into a complex one if simple, or spiritual if complex when interacting with their attack to give you the upperhand. [Be Water My Friends]

• The Soft Physical Formless Style’s strength is increased by one rank if used for movement, up to the maximum trained Stage of this style. [Kyuuten no Kumori]

• After-images repeat the user’s actions exactly as they occurred without variation unless otherwise specified. Techniques that are not Taijutsu or Bukijutsu are not usable with After-images, though the motions will still be mimicked. [Kyouzou]
                                                • Unless otherwise specified, the techniques in this Style do not have an inherent strength above E-Rank. It is intended to be used in conjunction with other Styles and the Formless Styles. If used as such, the stamina costs for Complex techniques in this Style are halved, unless otherwise specified. [Kyouzou]
                                                • If used in conjunction with another Taijutsu or Bukijutsu technique, the techniques of this Style do not consume an activation, unless otherwise specified. [Kyouzou]

•The user takes a knife, whittling away at an arrow to create weaknesses in it's design. Doing so allows the user to create shrapnel arrows. These arrows cost nothing additional during a technique to be used with them however upon contact they explode and send wooden and metal shrapnel into anything within five feet of it's location. This technique may be used outside of combat to create arrows for later use. Converts arrows at a 1 to 1 ratio. [Kyoukan Ya]
                                                • The user's lengthy use of the bow has taught them to seamlessly fire an additional arrow for each arrow they would fire normally for a technique so long as they have the reserves to do so. [Kyoukan Ya]

• A well trained individual is usually faster than an untrained individual, and the practitioners of the Iron Fist understand this fact more than anyone. However, those of the Iron fist not only accomplish this boost of speed….they also do it in armor! The user is now unaffected by the additional weight of armor (to a logical limit), and when the user is out of armor, their body and technique speed is greatly increased at the loss of the protection. They are much more adept at bursting into action, going from standing to 100% in single moments. Conversely, the user can now perform these techniques without needing armor. Must relearn every technique at half the learning cost to perform techniques without armor to learn the different distances and timing of the techniques. Overrides restriction. [King of the Iron Fist]

time and timor

ZephyrsBlade

Business Businessman

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 pm
User Image

• Kameyo considered what he had to say with interest. He knew elements she didn't, and had experienced things she never would - specifically with those Bears - but more importantly, she believed in the spark he was describing. It made her miss their old home, though their new one within the cave was no slouch. She liked the ways Tokiyama worked to make things more comfortable for all of them. "I worry about you getting in bed with more things of mischief; you're plenty capable of generating trouble yourself." She smiled more to herself at that as she finished off her soup. She was really enjoying their time in Arashigakure and they had only just arrived.

Suddenly, she grew serious. "Would you be happy, living like this? In a village?" She stared ahead, pensive and almost worried in expression.

ooc:
        300/500 natural chakra
        ZephyrsBlade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 pm
User Image

"So you've met the Don blub. How fortunate for you that you were a woman blub. He's rather harsh with anyone aside said gender for a good while blub. At least this is what Yami-tells me blub. Your main course." The earlier soups provided were simply the appetizers. What was the 'bodyguard' unfortunately tasked for now as the waiter for the table wearing a diving helmet would place on the counter shrimp scampi however, the noodles were black. Black due to the fact that the noodles here were treated with squid ink. Squid Ink pasta was the boon the restaurant's grandmaster chef used to rise to what the restaurant was today from humble beginnings. If anything was deemed its specialty, there would be nothing else more fitting. The restaurant had many specialties this was of the affordable 3-star menu. Perhaps it was rude to assume that the customers being served didn't have an abundance of wealth but the man doubted they'd have any desires to spend more than 800 Ryo. As if truly 'all' specialties were ordered the bill would be in the 15,000 range.

The man serving the dish who wore a diving helmet atop his head had but only the faintest shadow of a face behind the darkness the helmet would cast. Nohr always despite having the limbs of a cephalopod used genjutsu to hide that fact. When the dishes were delivered they appeared to have been placed normally as though any waiter or butler would with normal hands but this did not disguise a slight 'pop' noise when they were released to be placed on the table. The 'man' would then bow and take his leave.

Squid Ink Shrimp Scampi: Cooking Rank A: Recovery rates x6 for Chakra.
User ImageUser Image

Once he had left someone emerged from the back of the bar counter dressed in the attire one typically would see sommelier wear. In his hands, he carried with him his trademark specialty wine as he approached the table. He'd then approach having caught wind of the second half of the conversation. "Bonjour." he'd place two shot glasses on the table whilst he poured what seemed to be the vibrant pink rose wine. Wine and shot glasses? Wasn't wine supposed to be a tame alcohol? "Pardon for eavesdropping but to speak on my own behalf in regards to said question. I would never settle for one place for all too long bon. The thrill of adventure is truly romantic is it not? Do enjoy your meal bon." He had finished pouring their glasses. Before bowing out politely he'd leave the remaining bottle of the wine on the table. Although the oddity of it was that the bottle when he first started pouring, to begin with, was already close to 1/4ths empty. This was a cautionary measure the bartender took. Many people aside Oni were highly susceptible to this particular wine of his. He'd return to his mini bar counter and begin the process must bartenders did which was cleaning glasses.

{Special Brew: Pina Blanc Soju Rapidly Aged 76: This clear pinkish yellow wine carries with it the fruity and fragrant aroma of a Cherry Blossom Soju enhanced with a sweetness associated with pineapple creating a floral and impossibly sweet blend of alcohol. The Oni-clan methods of clever fuuin use rapidly ages the wine to create a potent fermentation where the wine tastes like virgin fruit juices but carries the potency of everclear without any of the searing in the throat typical of most alcohols. A single shot is enough to get the average person drunk, a second smashed, and a third blackout drunk. The danger of it is due to the lack of burning and undertones of most high proof alcohol a person who consumes too much in one sitting essentially 8 shots worth will likely die of alcohol poisoning yet it's incredibly easy to do based on it tasting so tame. Of course typical Oni brew follow a belief in if it doesn't burn its s**t Trèfles challenges that ideology.}

Chakra:x/x❞ ·.¸¸.-> Stamina:x/x Ryo: (Claimed/Unclaimed)4400/4400 Ac:60,220/60,220

De-Buffs:

♣️Buffs♣️ & ♣️DR♣️
○ Reflex: 12 {Capped At 12}
○ Speed: 18 {Capped At 12}
○ Strength: 0
○ Fort: 0

•6 Reflex: Jyuura
•3 Reflex: Hashi
•3 Reflex: Balanced Master
•3 Speed: Hashi
•3 Speed: Balanced Master
•6 Speed: Shunkan
•6 Speed: Sen Gekiretsu
♣️Passives♣️
• Learn Everything +8

♣️Disciplines♣️
Worker-Worker
•Balanced Master
•Lifetime Disciple

♣️Techniques Used♣️

♣️Equipment♣️
~Head~

~Body~

~Hands~
Coup de main {French For: Helping Hand}
[Contents]:
Both:
•Seal Connection~Haipa : The Sworn Defender
•Seal Connection~Saza : The Eagle Eye
•Seal Connection~Hodan Ichiba : Artillery Market
•Seal Connection~Takahata: The Supreme Service

Right Hand: 240 -100 = 140 Remaining Capacity
• [Legendary Seven Swords, Kiba: The Twin Lightning Swords]
• [Valid Point]
• [Clear image]

Left Hand: 240
• [Crab Crab God]
• [Blue Blossom]

~Waist~

~Scrolls~

~Feet~

♣️Titles♣️
• {Weaponsmithing} || → {Grandmaster}
• {Ryouri-nin:} ||→{Grandmaster Iron Chef: Home-styled/Food Arts: Specialty Wine}
• {Technological} || → {Grandmaster}
• {Enchantment} || → {Grandmaster}
• {Botany} || → {Grandmaster}
• {Mining} || → {Grandmaster}
• {Armorsmithing} || → {Master}
• {Pharmaceutical Chemistry} || → {Novice}
• {Toxin Chemistry} || → {Novice}
• {Scroll Crafting} || → {Novice}

♣️Formless Info♣️
♣️ Soft Physical: S
♣️ Sword: S
♣️ Chopsticks: S
♣️ Rapier: S
♣️ Smokebombs: S

time and timor
ZephyrsBlade
Quote:

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

ZephyrsBlade

Business Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:11 pm
    User ImageUser Image
                                                User Image
                                              • tab
                                                He cocked his head sideways and smiled at the compliment. The diving helmed server introduced noodles strangely blackened. Taketori took a careful fork-full of the dish and raised it to his eye, observing carefully it's aroma and gleam. A light scent of the ocean came through, which made it seem appropriate for the conservation about the Don and the fish sages. Strangely, the server had a different regional accent than the two guards at the gates. Gimangakure was a land of outcasts and misfits, but could it be that Arashigakure was a similar place with maybe a few more (actually enforced) laws? The "pop" sound made when the server placed down the dishes was... out of place and not a sound Taketori had heard made by man before but it was not as strange as the fusion he had glimpsed. In short, he took it in stride none the wiser about the identity of the server, though not that it would be a surprise either. The ink imparted a mild, somewhat salty yet distinctive flavor of the sea and seemed to cause the pasta to smoothly glide down his gullet. Eating the pasta made him feel energized and restful, not a heavy dish that'd knock you out and put you in a coma.

Looking up, he heard and pondered Kameyo's question. It was a complicated question, with the advent of another man with yet another "regional dialect" carrying a mostly empty bottle of wine with shot glasses. He considered the sommelier's comments as he thanked him. He took one long sip of the equally contradictory shot of wine. It went down with no burn, tasting like fresh and extraordinarily sweet juices. A warmth spread quickly, surprisingly quickly for how small of a quantity and how much it lacked the taste and signature burn of alcohol, spread through him. Thankfully, being at a full 6'9" and 250 lb, Taketori's inebriation would take a little longer. Besides, he thought, alcohol was supposed to burn, burn, burn. It'd certainly help loosen his tongue. This was almost cheating, a denial of the effort, suffering (now an "acquired taste"), and hard work it'd normally take for a big man like him to get drunk.

"Hm. Happy, maybe. Happy is one thing, yet 'content' is another, it is. I was not happy to spend three days and three nights in the cold, rainy forest on my first hunt, alone, tracking down the boar I had wounded. I only felt relief and exhaustion when I finally managed to drive a bone through the skull of the boar. Yet I was content seeing my tribe make use of the gifts given by the boar, to eat and make brushes. I am happy to eat here with you in this establishment, but I am not content to be served." Taketori concluded, drawing upon his past to consider this question.

"And what of you, Kameyo. Where leads the path you have set yourself upon?" He turned the question back to her as he settled down and poured himself a second shot glass. A slight calibration error in how fast he was processing information and how fast he was actually performing the pouring, that is slowly and with great care not to spill any, did inform Taketori he had finished that first shot glass too quickly.

ooc:

• [ Chakra ] --- [ 1335 | 1335 ] tab • [ Stamina ] --- [ 1445 | 1445 ] tab
                                                1635 | 1745
                                                [ Passives ]

time and timor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am
User Image

• Kameyo narrowed her eyes at what the chef had to say about the Don, but decided not to take issue with it. She felt she had earned her contract, but she hadn't talked to the Don for an extended period of time - it was possible he favored women.

The black noodles gave Kameyo pause but she took a bite after Taketori did and was pleasant surprised at the taste. Her eyes widened as she felt energized by the dish. "This is amazing!" She looked up but only found some sort of waiter. She smiled at his answer, but he politely left before she could ask how romantic it was to be without a permanent home.

She looked at the wine glass, then at the empty one beside her. Taketori could usually handle his drink so she wasn't concerned, but she did nudge her glass over to him. "I don't drink," she reminded him in a whisper, not wanting any of the staff to hear and think her rude.

Kameyo thought about his words carefully. "If you were not being served, would you be content here?" She turned her noodles again for a moment, pondering darker thoughts, potential futures where she did not see her brothers or sisters any more. "I have been thinking, any perhaps it is my connection to the creatures of the deep, but... I have been thinking about a home, like how they have the deep abyss. Not a base, or a headquarters. A home. I understand Tokiyama has made strides to home-ify our location near Gimangakure but I find myself... wishfully thinking of more.

"The people that live here- you see how happy they are? How easy their laughter is, how the civilians do not stay on guard all of the time? How their security is guaranteed? I just think of the people that live here, even of that Thunder and Lightning we met at the gates, how seriously they took their jobs of protecting the people here and how earnest they were. I don't know. I've just been thinking."
        She played with the remainder of her food now, feeling glum over saying too much and none of it well. She felt a pang of fear over whether or not Taketori would interpret it as betrayal.

ooc:
        400/500 natural chakra
        ZephyrsBlade

Necroplant
        is it ethical for squids to ingest their own ink

ghostfinch

Seeker

ZephyrsBlade

Business Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:20 pm
    User ImageUser Image
                                                User Image
                                              • tab
                                                "... No, here I would not be." He looked around, seeing if he could spot those who were watching the two visitors' moves and reporting to the Kage. "I do not fault their paranoia, yet it stifles. One could live a good life here, yet it is not for me. It could be my bias, yet living in a village as this or as Giman, one loses sight of the individuals." He did not believe in the absolute value of the Greater Good nor was he utilitarian. For him, he always chose to prioritize those close to him over the lives of a thousand strangers. It was a kind of thinking that made him no good in villages. Professional obligations and obligations of ambition were a separate story of course and likely one Taketori would need to address in the future.

"Neither is their security guaranteed. After the attacks of the UHV and the events that came after, everyone has seen how easily it can collapse. No tree stands forever. However, you would do well to experience it yourself, judge with your own eyes and hear with your own ears. As for me, I would see Shishin gain greater influence and notoriety in this world. There is a special vision driving us." Taketori took his time to gather his thoughts and give Kameyo a response. He could see hints of her uncertainty and offered his advice for her to experience it for herself. Finishing, Taketori would allow silence to settle as he finished his squid ink pasta and awaited for the bill. He'd take the mostly empty bottle too, not one to waste anything given even if Kameyo was not a drinker. While it was not to his taste, perhaps it would be for someone else.

He was paying, of course.

ooc:

Cloak of the Forest Lord: [ Passive --- Off ]

1635 | 1745
                                                [ Passives ]

time and timor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 am
User ImageUser Image

"Was the food not to your liking mademoiselle?" When did? How did?He was just behind the bar counter and now he was rightly leaning inward between the conversing duo in a bowing position still with the squeaking of the glass in hand. "Do pardon my continuing rudeness." He'd look at Taketori whom seemed aptly finished and pleased with his meal and his drink despite his associate neither taking a sip and looking wistful at the noodles. "Your cheque bon." he'd stop the cleaning of the glass in hand to remove something from the aprons wedge. A fancy black booklet inside with the details of the meal and its price. It came out to eight hundred ryo. What would have been ninteen hundred if not having been on special. However, the receipt indicated that the special served was 'the lovers special' with the tagline 'couples get half off!' and the price was discounted in general. The earlier comment he had made about romance and travel carrying several additional 'inclinations' behind it. What would have been equatable to nineteen dollars for two people was essentially only made eight. With drink included! Quite the steal!

Once he placed the cheque on the table the masked blue-skinned mans face directed itself toward the somber if not conflicted Kameyo. He'd then say a string of foreign words and then translated them. "Ne trahis pas ton coeur. Do not betray thy heart." He'd look to both the people at the table now moving to its center as the squeak of the glass continued. "I may not know what is wrong, but I have seen several a troubled face in this establishment many of which are laden due to uncertainty bon. Some might say it is part of my career to console said people. I tell them those words. The only one who truly knows what they desire most in this world is the person who is desiring bon."

Trefles would then place the clean glass next to Kameyo. Snapping his fingers out of his gloved hands in puff of smoke appeared a bottle. He began to pour it and what was essentially a carbonated non-alcoholic cherry limeade fizzed. He continued to speak as he poured. "Moi patron, the man whom owns this restaurant, has found himself in a position many envy bon. However, I and himself know, it does not make him happy. He swore his heart to something he knew so little of and that price came as a stripping of his true aspirations." A swirly straw and a lemon wedge were added in a similar puff of smoke. This drink essentially carried the aesthetic of 'fun' coming from it. Perhaps a bartenders attempt to cheer up a sullen wanderer. "C'est un bien la vie, c'est bon. It is a good life, it is alright. If your actions better yourself and harm no other, then have no guilt in indulging in a little selfishness oui?"
        This time the bartender remained at the table waiting for either of the individuals to pay for the cheque.

Chakra:x/x❞ ·.¸¸.-> Stamina:x/x Ryo: (Claimed/Unclaimed)4400/4400 Ac:60,220/60,220

De-Buffs:

♣️Buffs♣️ & ♣️DR♣️

♣️Passives♣️
• Learn Everything +8

♣️Disciplines♣️
Worker-Worker
•Balanced Master
•Lifetime Disciple

♣️Techniques Used♣️

♣️Equipment♣️
~Head~

~Body~

~Hands~
[Contents]:
Both:

• [Valid Point]
• [Clear image]

• [Crab Crab God]
• [Blue Blossom]

~Waist~

~Scrolls~

~Feet~

♣️Titles♣️
• {Ryouri-nin:} ||→{Grandmaster Iron Chef: Home-styled/Food Arts: Specialty Wine}

♣️Formless Info♣️

time and timor
ZephyrsBlade
Quote:

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:42 am
User Image

• Kameyo pursed her lips as Taketori continued. It was true, what he said about how villages are not inherently more stable. "A special vision..." she echoed. Did she see herself in that vision, years down the line? She couldn't necessarily imagine herself sitting at this restaurant years down the line, either. She felt a surge of panic, unable to see herself anywhere.

The waiter interrupted again and Kameyo was grateful for it. Though she had dug into her meal a little, there was no reason he should believe she liked it since she was looking so sullenly at it, playing with it more than anything now. She kept her eyes cast down as he placed the cheque, her reaching a hand into her pocket for ryo as the waiter continued explaining.

She had to laugh at his heart comments. She had two - and neither were her original. Who's heart was she supposed to follow? She was warmed by his attempts to cheer her up, along with Taketori's wisdom, but she felt no closer to a definitive answer. At least she could stay in Arashigakure for a bit longer - until she overstepped some legal boundary or otherwise overstayed her welcome. "It's not easy to know when a little selfishness has become too much if you begin indulging in yourself without questioning it." She didn't want to get trapped on the hedonic treadmill, chasing temporary surface pleasure and eluding a sensation of genuine joy or contentness. "I think I just need more time, so I can clear my head and get a clearer perspective."

She turned the cheque to read it, then flushed red. "L-lovers special?" She choked, trying to figure out how to best explain that this discount was ill-fitting their venture. She looked to Taketori for help. To help recover from her coughing fit, she accepted the new drink the waiter had poured and cherished the pleasant flavor of it.

ooc:
        500/500 natural chakra
        ZephyrsBlade

Necroplant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm
    User ImageUser Image
                                                User Image
                                              • tab
                                                That... was a different language, Taketori hoped. Sometimes, though he did not have the words or experience to describe it, he effectively felt like the out-of-place backwater bumpkin wandering the big cities. And he was, effectively, an out-of-place backwater bumpkin. "Do not betray thy heart", ah. A translation. He felt empathy towards the mental wrestling Kameyo had to do. They were all, more or less, looking for the same core: a place to belong. Yet their approach, and really their individual challenges, were different enough that he had no sage wisdom to give. He was looking for a place for a tribe of many, having been born in one tribe who had never joined the world and previously been contract-bond to a tribe that had withdrawn from it. True to his nature as a spark, it would be his own hands that would blaze a path. And should this world would deny them their place, well the world was not the limit. Kameyo was struggling to find her own place in this world, an acorn seeking fertile ground to grow.

"Hm, allow me." Taketori said as he took the bill from the bright red, and choking, Kameyo, perhaps misunderstanding the furtive glance she shot him. Oh, that was quite the steep discount there. Taketori knew it was not one he could accept. Yet rarely had he seen his traveling companion this flustered and caught off-guard. Something unusual inside him welled up/ It wasn't often he did, but he wanted to tease her. He internally frowned, as he replaced his mask of bone, while he tried to calculate the final bill. The concept of "tipping" had been explained and misexplained to him countless times. He had not grasped much of it beyond a mix of tribute, double-tithe, display of one's virtue and morals, and unspoken social contract. A bizarre custom. 1900 ryo, then with the double-tithe... round up, mental abacus, 2300 ryo. While that was not an insignificant percentage of his net wealth, Taketori's understanding of money was still rudimentary enough that he would have paid for an double-tithed the cost of ordering all the specials. It was fortunate he was not a gambling man.

"I express my gratitude for your hospitality. Should thee ever pass through City of Deceit, I would repay yours." Taketori thanked the bartender/sommelier/server, Trefles. Yes, actually paying the establishment money did technically "repay" their hospitality, but ingrained customs from a barter society did not go away easily. Counting out the 2300 ryo, he transferred some coins from one of his many small pouches to another and handed it to Trefles. It was unclear if Arashigakure used paper money over specie, but in Gimangakure paper money could very often be a fraudulent forgery. Turning back to Kameyo, Taketori was unsure if she was still looking to continue eating. Responding to her earlier statement and showing that he was not rushing her, he said, "Worry not, my morning glory, take as much time as you need."

Beneath his mask, only a slight crinkle around his eyes belied his amused smile.

[ooc: I'm going to be away for about a week, I am but a mere marionette and Time is my marionettist.]

Cloak of the Forest Lord: [ Passive --- Off ]

• [ AC ] --- 100,000 tab • [ Ryo ] --- 26,100
                                                1635 | 1745
                                                [ Passives ]

NecroPlant

time and timor

ZephyrsBlade

Business Businessman

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Accepting the exchange of coin the bartender commentated."Merci." He would then begin counting as he spoke. "I see you like myself are lacking in headband bon. trois cents... I've also nary seen your faces bon. mille.. I too am a traveler you see. deux mille. A merchant and craftsman so it may very well be likely we meet again. Deux mille trois cents."It seemed Trefles was under the disillusion that the extra funds were not a denial of the discount but an exceedingly large tip. After all, there wasn't anything said that outwardly denied that these two were a couple and the redness of the girls face affirmed a baseless 'suspicion'. He thanked their generosity. "Oh ho, you are too kind. Such gratuity is worth the price in full."The bartender would then bow again before opening the cheque only to realize 'something' was missing. "Ah, pardon. My sincerest apologies I had forgotten entirely." he looked around his apron and there was a stack of what could be considered...coupons? He'd then place it on the table.

"Do enjoy the rest of your evening yes? Have you any further request you may call me by name, Trefles Coeur." His name translated essentially to hearts clover or clover of hearts it was essentially a loose translation of lucky soul. After that was said he'd walk in a dignified stride to the register. Placing the amount of coin in it and then closing it. Tips were calculated at the end of the day. He'd return to his usual post at the bar counter but now Taketori and Kameyo would be left with something on the table. A coupon to a rather eloquent looking hotel for three nights free with the purchase of one night. However, based on the design and colors of the advertised hotel, despite its ritzy appearance, frequent visitors to giman knew these well this was a coupon for a 'love hotel'. Despite the implications, it was still very much a place to say for a good while.

Three men now however entered the establishment. With bowlegged and hunched walks it was familiar giman like rabble. Trefles cleaning classes would then be assailed with loud voices "YOU WHERE'S YER BOSS!" "He is not present at the moment would you care for a beverage monsieur. Perhaps he will return come when he has the time bon." "DONT PLAY DUMB YOU BLUE ********! THAT b*****d FULL WELL KNOWS WERE AT THE BREAK OF WAR AND HE JUST CUT OFF THE ONLY EXITS THIS VILLAGE HAS!" Gripped by his collar now the bartender continued his glass cleaning mask expressionless and his voice the same. "I do recall the announcement did reassure everyone to put their faith in the village's shinobi did it not? Are you quite certain you wouldn't like to take a seat and have a drink to ease whatever anxiety that may be ailing you." "FAITH! FAITH! LOT GOOD FAITH DID WHEN KUMOGAKURE WAS BLOWN TO s**t! WE CANT EVEN ESCAPE TO UZUKAKURE BECAUSE OF THIS STUNT YOUR SHITTY BOSS PULLED! WE'RE GOD DAMN SITTING DUCKS!" the man's mask and head was then forcibly being pushed down on the counter. Still, his temper nor tone changed in maintaining a level volume. He was very much capable of fighting back but the term 'traveling merchant' didn't really scream someone who could. So, for the most part, this appeared to be the harassment of an otherwise powerless waiter. "Allow me to reassure you everything moi patron does is for the sake of the people in this village bon. Perhaps a dry chardonnay would be to your liking? Perhaps a hard finely aged whiskey?" it seemed this conversation was going nowhere but down from the look of things. Even in 'safe' villages transgressions like these were still common place.

De-Buffs:

♣️Buffs♣️ & ♣️DR♣️

♣️Passives♣️
• Learn Everything +8

♣️Disciplines♣️
Worker-Worker
•Balanced Master
•Lifetime Disciple

♣️Techniques Used♣️

♣️Equipment♣️
~Head~

~Body~

~Hands~
[Contents]:
Both:

• [Valid Point]
• [Clear image]

• [Crab Crab God]
• [Blue Blossom]

~Waist~

~Scrolls~

~Feet~

♣️Titles♣️

♣️Formless Info♣️

time and timor
ZephyrsBlade
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm
User Image

chakra 1950/2000   stamina 1600/1600   ranks )

• Kameyo slurped up the last of her noodles as Taketori cleared their debt, though she had no doubt she'd be able to distract him long enough to repay it in full by slipping coins in his pocket. Her face was still red when she finally put the noodle bowl down just in time to hear the waiter introduce himself as Trefles Coeur. It was certainly an unusual name, but then, there were unusual people all around the village and she hadn't experienced enough to have claim to 'normal'. She meant to say she was pleased to meet his acquaintance, but her eyes read the coupon he'd placed and she felt her soul start to leave her body.

She pocketed it quickly, murmuring something to Taketori under her breath about propriety and a mistake. Her attention was drawn to the loud interruption of men entering the restaurant. Her adrenaline kicked up at the extended yelling as she pushed her bowl away and put a placating hand in the air for Taketori -- if he were to get involved, it may get bloody fast, since he was so damn efficient (and fast, the b*****d).

She jumped to her feet at the sight of the waiter being pushed down against the counter, and her hands moved faster than her mind, which would have helpfully reminded her not to break any laws or commit any transgressions while visiting Arashigakure. She activated a bloodline technique, where the tendrils from her arms, shoulders, and back released to create the imagery of a disgusting spider-like monster.

She filled the space in the restaurant ominously as she took a step closer to the men surrounding Trefles. Another terrifying aspect of Jiongu were their ability to rearrange their organs, which she took advantage of by allowing her second heart to be displayed above her right shoulder, almost visibly beating but it was difficult to tell with the constant wave-like movement of the tendrils. "I eat hearts for breakfast," Kameyo said in a deeper voice, some odd impression of a villain that a six year old could perform better. "It's far past morning, but I think I can make an exception. Who wants me to tear open their chest first?" She grinned with sick amusement, letting the stitches around her mouth to loosen so further tendrils could slide out, a few of them coated in remnants of her black ink noodle dinner.

ooc:
        500/500 natural chakra -- sage mode ended
        Ito no Gaikotsu [ Exoskeleton of Threads ]
        Rank B
        The threads from the shoulders, arms, and upper back expand to form a massive tangling "spider-body." Not only does this alteration offer a gruesome visage, but it also grants the user a variety of ranged attacks and defenses by these thread appendages. To put it simply, this is like a mass-scale version of Ito Enchou. ( Keep in mind: each thread has a maximum length of three times the user's height. )
        ZephyrsBlade
        i hope to make taketori do some interesting things around town while you're outta town >:3

Necroplant
        why am i pursuing kenshin would i should be wooing trefles

ghostfinch

Seeker

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Two of the three lackeys would fall on their haunches. "Au..AUUUUG!!?" "EYAAAAAAAAH!?" these two men started to back crab walk towards the exit with frightened expressions in their eyes. There wasn't time to mock any performance as they scuttled away. But the 'head honcho' as it were although having been visibly shocked letting go of the frenchman to stare in frightened awe at Kameyo, while also at the same time unlike his friends had his adrenaline shoot in the direction of fight rather than flight. Stumbling with words. He reeled his hand to pull out a dagger naturally attracted to the pulsating heart. "I...I AINT A SCARED OF YOU FREAKY b***h!" A move to slash the heart in twain in angry frightened opposition in whole was his intent. However, at the second he'd made a motion the formerly downed head of the bartender rose and what looked to be a glint came from the clover-shaped eyes holes.

In an instant, with a kick up of wind that shook all the bottles behind the counter, he was bowing to the man in front of him and creating a wall between him and Kameyo. His one arm in a dignified position that came with most bows and the other with two fingers up in the air, forming essentially a peace sign or what some would call scissors in a game of rock paper scissors. Wedged between his gloved hands, now red in color for some reason, the blade could not finish its advance towards the heart having been stopped midway as sparks seemed to be coming off the steel as he tried to pull it out of what was now a pinching grip between the two fingers. "I am most sorry monsieur but the use of weapons is extremely prohibited in this establishment." the man looked incredibly flustered if not confused, his grab on the knife would loosen and when it did like the hand of a clock without so much as moving from his bowing position he seemed to glide across the ground in a semi-circle until he was at the side of the man. If Kameyo looked she'd see that there seemed to be air beneath the soles of the bartender's shoes but to move without so much as moving one's legs was something.

"Please keep all weapons sheathed so long as you continue to remain on the premises." Like tucking in a child the small knife sheath had its knife tucked back in delicately and with consideration. Of course, now the man was fuming. "YOU! YOU MAKING FUN OF ME!" He threw another swing, again the bartender circled around him to where he was now behind his opposite side. In his hand, the bartender somehow had a towel and was offering it to the man. "Towel monsieur? You seem to be working up quite the sweat bon." "YOU!" again another violent swing and again he had now circled to the front of Kameyo as the man had essentially put so much effort into the swing he'd flipped himself around not hitting anything causing him a bit of confusion. Now in the bartender's hands was a bottle of wine? "Perhaps you've acquired a thirst now monsieur. This is a fine sauvignon blanc, I highly recommend." Turning around again he'd see Kameyo's form again.

Reminded of its horror he backed away slowly now that he was positioned towards the exit. "T...THIS ISN'T OVER! YOU..YOU HEAR ME!" with his tail between his legs the man fled. WIthout even a sigh the bartender would comment. "We look forward to your patronage in the future." his neck turning to watch the floundering man until he was clearly gone through the double doors. Trefles now looked to Kameyo and with his hand at his sides, the wine bottle vanishing in puff of smoke, bowed to her. "Je suis vraiment désolé. I am most sorry for this transgression. It has likely ruined your romantic evening mademoiselle. If it may serve to ease these traumatic events I will offer a refund in full if I could be so kind. Trefles seemed completely undeterred by Kameyo's grotesque visage. For you see Trefles was not unlike her, that behind this mask did he too carry an image most heinous. What is most important that he had found most true, is one cannot judge another on appearance alone. "One could say that it is equally just as difficult to realize when selflessness can become one's own self-destruction bon." Trefles knew full well the expectation those who were foreign had in the villages. Seeing as it was assumed he knew the two were being held to the full extent of the law being outsiders as he and his father was long ago until having built a reputation, he was well aware any illegal infraction they may do could be deemed significantly harmful to their stay here. He acknowledged her earlier statement at the table while simultaneously assuring her that so long as she remained in this restaurant he would serve responsible for them. He had spared her an escalation out of genuine thoughtfulness which may have resulted in her and her companion getting in trouble. Likewise with his comment, he knew that Kameyo was doing so out of concern for his safety and wanted to voice his appreciation in her doing so despite what consequences she may have incurred upon herself.

{ooc: because believe me, behind that mask, is one ugly boi. Not sure if we're moving with or without Zephy so I have you a post and to see yar"}

De-Buffs:

♣️Buffs♣️ & ♣️DR♣️

♣️Passives♣️
• Learn Everything +8

♣️Disciplines♣️
Worker-Worker
•Balanced Master
•Lifetime Disciple

♣️Techniques Used♣️

♣️Equipment♣️
~Head~

~Body~

~Hands~
[Contents]:
Both:

• [Valid Point]
• [Clear image]

• [Crab Crab God]
• [Blue Blossom]

~Waist~

~Scrolls~

~Feet~

♣️Titles♣️

♣️Formless Info♣️