Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Silver Millennium speculation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in Silver Millennium stories?
  Yes!
  kinda...
  Not really.
View Results

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:27 am
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc
~Alechsa~

They don't add up in SuperS either... O.o;;; He's the guardian of a realm of Earth. Why would he be related to a Moonian?

And yeah, the anime left the background a LOT more open family wise, it's why I use the Manga for history when I write fanfics or make roleplays.

I suspected that Queen Serenity and Helios were related because of the slight resemblence between the two. However, this turns out to be a fluke, so I scrapped that part.

That's hardly a good reason to relate them. Chibiusa has red eyes and pluto does too. Doesn't mean they're related either.

This is unless you went by mythology. which would make him Chibiusa's Great Uncle- making their 'pure' love incestiously sick.

mythology was another part of it. In the myths, Helios was the twin brother of Selene (Serenity). yeah... but it no longer matters as the defunct concept no longer exists. What part Helios is going to play in the story I don't exactly know, but I do know I'm using alot of mythology.

Here's an example: It's an obvious assumption that Sailor Cenus's mother was Aphrodite, right? Well, guess who was Aphrodite's husband in mythology... Hephastus. I plan to make this dude a minor character. Details are still sketchy, but I really want to push the Sci-fi with him, tho.

Hephastus isn't little known. I wouldn't go heavy on the Greek things if I were you. There was also Adonis and Eros (Eros being the 'son' of Aphordite and the personfication of 'Desire'. It doesn't say -who- the mother of Aphrodite.

Quote:

n Greek mythology, Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty and sexual rapture. According to Hesiod, she was born when Uranus (the father of the gods) was castrated by his son Cronus. Cronus threw the severed genitals into the ocean which began to churn and foam about them. From the aphros ("sea foam") arose Aphrodite, and the sea carried her to either Cyprus or Cythera. Hence she is often referred to as Kypris and Cytherea. Homer calls her a daughter of Zeus and Dione.
(Source: http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythology/europe/greek/articles.html )

Some birth.

I know Helios and Selene and Eros were siblings. (there's a no duh moment there.) However Helios's role was -already- stated in both Manga and Anime.
He's the priest of Elysion, he prays at the holy shrine which is near to the Golden Kingdom. That's how he knew of the prince(Endymion). Also stated back then before his imprisonment he receives a vision of Princess Lady Serenity telling him to find ' A maiden that is a princess but a warrior with pure dreams' (Something along that lines.)
Also stated, the Golden Crystal (Which Helios is -not- a guardian over.) is sealed within the said prince.

Helios is also connected to the Earth and the Prince. So if you mess with Earthy you screw the other two over too.

Another thing helios does is that he is able to purify things. However it shows he only does that in great need. He can go through other people's dreams mostly in the form of his favorite steed Pegasus. (which is winged and has the golden horn.) and he can take on that form.

He knows of the Princess Serenity (Well...who didn't?) and of the Prince Endymion's roles in protecting earth- so it shows that he is knowledgable about things partianing to the Earth.
It also notes that there are shrine maidens who are called Maenads (look it up.). They don't have names (indivual ones) as far as anyone can tell.

well i never knew some of what you just said, as I haven't read all that much of the Manga. I guess the Anime doesn't go into a whole lot of detail. So, yeah it makes sense to me now. Thanx for clearing all that up.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 am
The anime has more holes in it than swiss cheese. The manga, though a true story, touches on the major points.

And both do not give the whole story only what is preceived of the moon's side of things.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:13 pm
Luamervara
The anime has more holes in it than swiss cheese. The manga, though a true story, touches on the major points.

And both do not give the whole story only what is preceived of the moon's side of things.

So that's where I come in, right? The whole purpose of the story is to fill in such obscure details, right?

and i've cleared up the mythology-related parts. I'm using only moderate mythological references, such as names an the "gods" basic personality traits, but few of them are actually Senshi/Knights. The native people of Earth originally assume they are all gods because of their high technology, as they wouldn't really be able to distinguish the difference between magic and technology anyways. The myths associated with these characters.... well lets just say they are exactly that- myths.

Apollo is a musician, tho, and a bit of a precog, often placing his visions in his lyrics. (I think of my favorite band, Rush, as being like Apollo's band, due mostly to the philosopical content of the lyrics). He is the father of Sailor Moon.

Hephastus is kinda like a cyborg. As crazy as it may sound, here is the explaination: He is totally Human except for a slight enhancement. He has this thing behind his ear at the base of his skull called an MMI (Mind Machine Interface) jack, which he can use to tap into nearly any computer and manually control it. After being nearly deleted by an AI, he loses the use of his legs, thereby giving rise to the mythological concept that he was lame, meaning he had a problem with is legs.

Aphrodite is actually a Senshi and the mother of Sailor Venus. Her powers will be similar to Venus's but with some kind of distinctive difference. As mythology suggests, she winds up married to Hephastus and by him Venus is born. However, Hephastus gets angry with her when he finds out she's been seeing other men, so he leaves her and lives the rest of his days in Silver Millennium on the Moon.

Hermes was a covert ops agent at one time, in order to make good use of the thievery skills mythology has credited him with. He belongs to a certain kind of Human variation which has exceedingly high intelligence. He eventually becomes the father of Sailor Mercury.

Athena is a Senshi of the Ice-element, who also has very high intelligence, coming from the same planet as Hermes, whom she eventually marries and gives birth to a child with intelligence that exceeds both her own and Hermes's. That child is Sailor Mercury.

Ares, the god of war, was a general who was a Knight of the Fire-element from the same planet as Aphrodite and Hephastus. He married a woman from Kinmoku who gave birth to Sailor Mars.

Zeus, mighty king of the gods, was a Knight of the Lightning-element. He was also a general from the same planet Apollo and Serenity were originally from. He and his Senshi wife, Hera (not his sister, despite what mythology says), a Light-element Senshi, were the parents of Sailor Jupiter when they created an orbital base around the largest planet in this system of the same name. Although he DID have a habit of checking out other women, he wasn't as promiscuous as mythology says. He DID, however, have an affair with Aphordite, tho...

all except for Price Endymion, that comprises allthe Inner Senshi... as for the Prince and the Outers, I haven't gotten that far yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:27 pm
You're missing something here buddy boy.

The PRince has guardains- the Four heavenly kings which are usually ones with their own powers- that guard them. They are mostly refered so because of the places they're from.

The people of Earth probably didn't think they were gods if you think about it. Because they seemed to have coorperated with Venus before. (the planet) in their need for a little help. (Ex: Dandurite- a Soldier from Venus that works under Kunzite. )

So more then likely they just hated the moon Kingdom. But then again this is a fanfiction.

Also from all we know, Kinmoku is probably too far away to be incorperated into the story, though it would be interesting to see what happens.

*Upside of all this- fanfiction is always fun.*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:59 am
Luamervara

The PRince has guardains- the Four heavenly kings which are usually ones with their own powers- that guard them. They are mostly refered so because of the places they're from.

The people of Earth probably didn't think they were gods if you think about it. Because they seemed to have coorperated with Venus before. (the planet) in their need for a little help. (Ex: Dandurite- a Soldier from Venus that works under Kunzite. )

So more then likely they just hated the moon Kingdom. But then again this is a fanfiction.

Also from all we know, Kinmoku is probably too far away to be incorperated into the story, though it would be interesting to see what happens.

ummm, yeah, but with Endymion... His gaurdians were regular Humans!*uses Youtube to reveiw* Technically, they didn't seem to be Knights at all. Beryl prolly gave them their superhuman powers... This is because they are seen with swords and things like that back in the day and in the modern era they suddenly have superpowers. Ya see? It all stands to reason...

You may have a point with the Venus thing, but still, that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have a revernce for them, you know. And if you think about it, everyone hates the Moon Kingdom. Why? because of that Crystal! It's the most powerful in the Universe. People would kill to get their hands on it... like Galaxia.

Kinmoku would indeed be interesting to play with. I guess maybe I could make it the original place the many many kami in japanese mythology come from... *considers the idea* Eh... who knows? *shrugs* maybe... I'm having fun with it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:34 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara

ummm, yeah, but with Endymion... His gaurdians were regular Humans!*uses Youtube to reveiw* Technically, they didn't seem to be Knights at all. Beryl prolly gave them their superhuman powers... This is because they are seen with swords and things like that back in the day and in the modern era they suddenly have superpowers. Ya see? It all stands to reason...

You may have a point with the Venus thing, but still, that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have a revernce for them, you know. And if you think about it, everyone hates the Moon Kingdom. Why? because of that Crystal! It's the most powerful in the Universe. People would kill to get their hands on it... like Galaxia.

Kinmoku would indeed be interesting to play with. I guess maybe I could make it the original place the many many kami in japanese mythology come from... *considers the idea* Eh... who knows? *shrugs* maybe... I'm having fun with it. ^_^

Hello again!

I just wanted to say that in both the anime(unedited japanese version is more obvious about it), the live action series, the musicals, and the manga the "Four Generals" who worked under Beryl and helped destroy the silver mellenium were originally Endymions generals/captains/guards. The same way the inner senshi were for Princess Serenity. If you watched the anime on youtube you may have noticed that in "The Past Returns" episode, the generals are in the battle against the moon kingdom. The earth faction was lead by Beryl against the moon under Queen Metallia's influence, the earth and moon weren't on the best terms to begin with.

The Generals followed Beryl in the future because she took control of them much the same way she did with tuxedo mask before Sailor Moon freed him. The english version prefers to keep them in the "badguy henchmen" role though because they die and editing and young audiences etc..... (Zoicite is a man)

As a matter of fact there's lots of speculation about whether or not the generals had something going on with the inner senshi, romantically, because of the parallels and teasers in the manga.

Were the four captains human? Yes. Did they have special powers? Yes, just like Endymion does. Note: tuxedo mask uses this power with the roses while he fights, I don't remember what its called though you'd have to look it up.

If I caused too much drama I'm sorry! sweatdrop
it's your stroy, so have fun and I hope I helped you out at least a little bit.  

yamisukui

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:48 am
yamisukui
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara

Hello again!

I just wanted to say that in both the anime(unedited japanese version is more obvious about it), the live action series, the musicals, and the manga the "Four Generals" who worked under Beryl and helped destroy the silver mellenium were originally Endymions generals/captains/guards. The same way the inner senshi were for Princess Serenity. If you watched the anime on youtube you may have noticed that in "The Past Returns" episode, the generals are in the battle against the moon kingdom. The earth faction was lead by Beryl against the moon under Queen Metallia's influence, the earth and moon weren't on the best terms to begin with.

The Generals followed Beryl in the future because she took control of them much the same way she did with tuxedo mask before Sailor Moon freed him. The english version prefers to keep them in the "badguy henchmen" role though because they die and editing and young audiences etc..... (Zoicite is a man)

As a matter of fact there's lots of speculation about whether or not the generals had something going on with the inner senshi, romantically, because of the parallels and teasers in the manga.

Were the four captains human? Yes. Did they have special powers? Yes, just like Endymion does. Note: tuxedo mask uses this power with the roses while he fights, I don't remember what its called though you'd have to look it up.

How do Normals get powers like that? I highly doubt they are Knights. I still think that Beryl/Metallia had something to do with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:33 pm
Rush_Hardroc
yamisukui
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara

Hello again!

How do Normals get powers like that? I highly doubt they are Knights. I still think that Beryl/Metallia had something to do with it.

Beryl did give them added powers when they were evil but Endymion/Darien has powers of his own and he's human too. Whether or not they are the Earths' version of senshi is the debate but either way they are Endymions Knights/Guards and it was their job to watch over him in the past.  

yamisukui

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:28 am
yamisukui
Rush_Hardroc
yamisukui
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara

Hello again!

Beryl did give them added powers when they were evil but Endymion/Darien has powers of his own and he's human too. Whether or not they are the Earths' version of senshi is the debate but either way they are Endymions Knights/Guards and it was their job to watch over him in the past.

yeah...true... *gets to thinking...again* well when we see them in the Anime, they only seem to have the powers to push telekinetically with little to no incantation, unlike every other Senshi we've yet seen. This supports my arguement. They don't have to be Planetary Gaurdians to be in the service of the Prince, mind you. It just so happened the the Princess had Senshi to protect her... and I like to think that such would be most appropriate anyway in a world where Senshi are known about and respected, unlike on Modern Earth.

I am loving these debates, people! Keep 'em comin! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:01 pm
So have you gotten a lot further with the story line yet? Let me know, i'll read and comment...  

User_8572

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:25 am
a little... I've got dialogue problems right now... I'll write in the next chapter once I figure out what I want to have said. I have, however begunn writing the draft on paper, but I'll start typing it up soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:12 am
I always have dialogue problems (I ramble on in too much detailed), What I do is just write the scene and imagine it in your head - then i'll go back and insert some words that seem fitting to the plot and scene. It works out great for me heart But everyone is different but just try it out and see how it works out, you'll find that the sentances aren't run on and the words come easier because yuo place yourself inside their shoes and think "Hmm, what would i say?"  

User_8572

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 am
right... That's what I'm trying to do.. or something like it. I've already opened it up with dialogue. "Dammit! We're losing her!" Who the "her" is exactly I won't spoil for everyone, ok?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 pm
Rush_Hardroc
right... That's what I'm trying to do.. or something like it. I've already opened it up with dialogue. "Dammit! We're losing her!" Who the "her" is exactly I won't spoil for everyone, ok?

Then just say, " Damn it! We're Losing!" Don't even need to say 'her'.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200